Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,696 members, 7,831,169 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! (3766 Views)

If GOD asks me to sell my properties and follow HIM / Why Many Prayers Are Returned To The Prayer Himself, It's Funny / God Asks What One Thing Do You Want? What Will You Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by frank317: 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
Richirich713:

That's incredible reading into a text, you just see Stalin name and the word god , and from their u drawn the conclusion Stalin reminded me of god. grin read the content dude.

I can't be lying about that since I never said that.

grin

So why mention Stalin when we are talking of your God?
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by Richirich713: 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
frank317:

Stalin is an example of the kind of sick people Ur God can create. The point of the thread is to show how absurd ur belief is.

Stalin had the freedom to choose what's right nd wrong, unfortunately he became an atheist - which convinced him that the whole idea of right and wrong is just mere opinions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by Richirich713: 10:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
frank317:

So why mention Stalin when we are talking of your God?

Becuz he said he thinks for himself regarding morality. Stalin also did that and look where it landed him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by frank317: 10:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
Richirich713:

Stalin had the freedom to choose what's right nd wrong, unfortunately he became an atheist - which convinced him that the whole idea of right and wrong is just mere opinions.

Your God created Stalin from nothing... Any choice Stalin freely made is given by God. Your God built into Stalin the probably to think either way(Good or bad)

Why did he ask Abraham to sacrifice his son?
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by frank317: 10:50pm On Jun 03, 2017
Richirich713:

Becuz he said he thinks for himself regarding morality. Stalin also did that and look where it landed him.

Accepted Stalin is sick...

If your God ask you if you would kill your son for him what will you answer?
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by realmindz: 6:47am On Jun 04, 2017
Richrich has been ambushed grin
and KingEbukasblog has stylishly made an escape, abandoned him here

Make una leave am alone, he will be a great prophet like Elisha the bald avenger
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by frank317: 7:10am On Jun 04, 2017
Richirich713:

So anybody that now thinks of himself is Stalin?

So it's wrong to think for ourselves? So the Muslims who God strapping bomb around their themselves claiming they are following Allah's instructions are right since they are not thinking for themselves?

Abraham was not thinking for himself and he almost killed his own son.

Guy... U are sounding like a psycho
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by randomperson: 7:17am On Jun 04, 2017
Richirich713:

I don't think that's the whole reason god commanded that and I'm not even certain that "innocent" children were ever killed.
It's either you don't know the bible at all or you're being dishonest. Either way, that's disgraceful.
This is what the bible says
15 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one whom the Lord sent to anoint you king of his people Israel. Now listen to what the Lord Almighty says. 2 He is going to punish the people of Amalek because their ancestors opposed the Israelites when they were coming from Egypt. 3 Go and attack the Amalekites and completely destroy everything they have. Don't leave a thing; kill all the men, women, children, and babies; the cattle, sheep, camels, and donkeys.”
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by bishop101(m): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2017
The last time i checked my bible God is a living Being. In my opinion if God wants any one dead He does that Himself and not asking anyone to help Him out. So anyone saying he will kill for God need his brain examined.
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by Dalamama: 8:14am On Jun 04, 2017
bishop101:
The last time i checked my bible God is a living Being. In my opinion if God wants any one dead He does that Himself and not asking anyone to help Him out. So anyone saying he will kill for God need his brain examined.

Not true. Read the bible and see where God commanded his chosen men in many places to kill people for him.

3 Likes

Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by orunto27: 8:14am On Jun 04, 2017
God can, on the Prayers of The Righteous, authorise a Satanic father to kill his satanic child.
This is similar to when Elijah prayed for Wolves to devour those satanic impedements on his way.
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by orunto27: 8:20am On Jun 04, 2017
God can invoke the Evil in you to destroy itself to make you whole or forever perish.
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by Richirich713: 8:26am On Jun 04, 2017
frank317:

Your God created Stalin from nothing... Any choice Stalin freely made is given by God. Your God built into Stalin the probably to think either way(Good or bad)

Which is why Stalin is responsible for his own actions.

frank317:

Why did he ask Abraham to sacrifice his son?

To test his faith. Also had prophetic aspects by foreshadowing Jesus sacrifice.
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by Richirich713: 8:32am On Jun 04, 2017
frank317:

Accepted Stalin is sick...

I agree, but would like to know what Stalin really do wrong from your point of view?

frank317:
If your God ask you if you would kill your son for him what will you answer?

Already answered, if God were to ask me such a question he would always have a good and sufficient reason due to his omni attributes, he'll also have the authority and right to take any life since he created and sustains all life.
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by orunto27: 8:35am On Jun 04, 2017
Never tempt God. Him only shall thou worship. Because He's Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnicommand and Omnivocal, He watches over the ways of the Righteous and always ensures that the ways of the wicked are all together perished.
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by orunto27: 8:37am On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
God will not ask you to do such in this dispensation . Its that simple

Amen!!!
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by frank317: 9:06am On Jun 04, 2017
Richirich713:

I agree, but would like to know what Stalin really do wrong from your point of view?

Stalin was a political terrorist and a mass murderer... He was evil and all those acts were wrong. In my opinion I cannot justify mass murder of innocent citizens for any reason. I don think people should be killed because they're sinful or from another tribe or becasue their parents did something wrong or because they worship a different God.
Yahweh murdered a whole generation of humans and drowned them all because of sin. Both YAHWEH and Stalin are evil for this,do u think so?

Already answered, if God were to ask me such a question he would always have a good and sufficient reason due to his omni attributes, he'll also have the authority and right to take any life since he created and sustains all life.
I didn't ask u to describe to me reasons why Is would ask to kill your son.
Lets me rephrase, if God wants to test your faith and ask you if would kill your only son for him (I didn't say ask you to kill Ur son), will ur answer be yes or no.
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by Richirich713: 9:13am On Jun 04, 2017
frank317:

So anybody that now thinks of himself is Stalin?

I never said that about SOL.

frank317:

So it's wrong to think for ourselves? So the Muslims who God strapping bomb around their themselves claiming they are following Allah's instructions are right since they are not thinking for themselves?

Never said the bold either, they wrong because they following commands God never gave.

frank317:
Abraham was not thinking for himself and he almost killed his own son.

He did think for himself, but trusting in God's knowledge nd power is of more importance than his own limited knowledge.

frank317:
Guy... U are sounding like a psycho

Lol, I'm a psycho, if you actually look at what atheism implies about morality you might consider yourself a pyscho for just being an atheist. Dawkins for eg, gives a perfect answer to how we develop our moral intuition that rape is wrong in the following dialog:

Atheistic Morality:
Justin Brierley: When you make a value judgement don't you immediately step yourself outside of this evolutionary process and say that the reason this is good is that it's good. And you don't have any way to stand on that statement.

"Richard Dawkins: My value judgement itself could come from my evolutionary past.

Justin Brierley: So therefore it's just as random in a sense as any product of evolution.

Richard Dawkins: You could say that, it doesn't in any case, nothing about it makes it more probable that there is anything supernatural.

Justin Brierley: Ultimately, your belief that rape is wrong is as arbitrary as the fact that we've evolved five fingers rather than six.

Richard Dawkins: You could say that, yeah."

Later dawkins is asked "if we had evolved from a society where rape was considered fine? Would that mean then rape is fine?" Dawkins replied "I don't want to answer that question."

Yeah, obviously he does want to answer that question since it makes him look like the biggest psycho in the world. But it's gives a good illustration of how morality works with atheism, although many atheists are reluctant to admit it since it makes them look like psychopaths grin
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by frank317: 10:04am On Jun 04, 2017
Richirich713:

I never said that about SOL.

Never said the bold either, they wrong because they following commands God never gave.
What exactly is your point then?

He did think for himself, but trusting in God's knowledge nd power is of more importance than his own limited knowledge.
Trusting in God that it is ok to kill his own son? Boko haram trust in God that it is ok to kill thousands of people in the name of Allah, do you have a problem with that? If yes, explain.

Lol, I'm a psycho, if you actually look at what atheism implies about morality you might consider yourself a pyscho for just being an atheist. Dawkins for eg, gives a perfect answer to how we develop our moral intuition that rape is wrong in the following dialog:

Later dawkins is asked "if we had evolved from a society where rape was considered fine? Would that mean then rape is fine?" Dawkins replied "I don't want to answer that question."

Yeah, obviously he does want to answer that question since it makes him look like the biggest psycho in the world. But it's gives a good illustration of how morality works with atheism, although many atheists are reluctant to admit it since it makes them look like psychopaths grin
Who is Dawkins? And let me answer the question for him.
If we evolved in a society where rape is fine, rape would have been fine. Yes!
You might no accept but that's how the world you live in works.
But is it possible to have a world where rape is considered fine? No.
As long as humans feel emotional and physical pain it will never be accepted as fine.
The problem is with the one who asks the question not with the answerer. What was he thinking when he even assumed a word where rape is fine? Can there be a world like that could accept rape considering what we consider pain and conscience? No
Humans generally do things for their own benefit, if rape was considered fine for human race, trust me, it would have been because it has its benefits.
So before u ask such a foolish question, first of all consider if it has benefit for human race in general.

Now to the question I have been asking u: if God wants to test your faith and ask you if you would kill ur son for his sake, will Ur answer be yes or no?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by JhyMedex: 9:36am On Jun 10, 2017
Pastafarian:

its on his website

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/slaughter-of-the-canaanites

In short, Craig says that the Israelites were right to completely destroy the Caananites, including the children, because God commanded it. This article by Craig, in defending such acts, defends genocide. Does genocide become acceptable if it occurred in ancient times? It seems to me that Craig is guilty of extreme moral relativism, to such an extent that any claim of his that Christianity provides an objective morality cannot be taken serious

So the problem with violent Jihad isn't that it involves killing people but because WLC thinks that they are serving the wrong God? Way to impale oneself on the horns of the Euthyphro dilemma. So the difference between a suicide bomber and WLC is what exactly?

Ridiculously Unbelievable ...
See what blind faith can cause ..grin...

Tanx 4 d link Bruh..
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by JhyMedex: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2017
Pastafarian:

its on his website

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/slaughter-of-the-canaanites

In short, Craig says that the Israelites were right to completely destroy the Caananites, including the children, because God commanded it. This article by Craig, in defending such acts, defends genocide. Does genocide become acceptable if it occurred in ancient times? It seems to me that Craig is guilty of extreme moral relativism, to such an extent that any claim of his that Christianity provides an objective morality cannot be taken serious

So the problem with violent Jihad isn't that it involves killing people but because WLC thinks that they are serving the wrong God? Way to impale oneself on the horns of the Euthyphro dilemma. So the difference between a suicide bomber and WLC is what exactly?

Ridiculously Unbelievable ...
See what blind faith can cause ..grin...

Tanx 4 d link Sir...
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by hopefulLandlord: 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
JhyMedex:

Ridiculously Unbelievable ... See what blind faith can cause ..grin...
Tanx 4 d link Sir...
you're welcome sir
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by stephendamsoho: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2017
Did you guys actually watch the video?
Frank Turek kept dancing around the question while the asker didn't give him any leeway till Frank was forced to answer the question, this is pathetic
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by hopefulLandlord: 8:41am On Oct 09, 2017
stephendamsoho:
Frank Turek kept dancing around the question while the asker didn't give him any leeway till Frank was forced to answer the question, this is pathetic

Yeah he danced and danced and danced some more while the questioner kept dragging him back to the original question asking him to answer it, Frank danced some more and more till there's no more space to keep dancing

Truth is that it probably hit Frank that he's would be no different from Jihadists if he gives a direct answer but was forced to give his answer anyways

Funny enough, Frank would've been better off just answering "Yes" without all the dancing around because the dancing made it look worse
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by NairalandSARS: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2017
Richirich713:
Under no circumstances will he kill an innocent child, sounds like a lie - what if children were on a plane heading into to the twin towers? Pretty sure he' would try to stop that plane,even if it meant shooting it down, killing the children. Meaning that there are circumstances where an innocent life can be taken.

He could telekinetically stop the plane from hitting the towers by redirecting it, like how ordinary telekinetics do in comics.
Or I are you saying God doesn't have TK?
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by JackBizzle: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2017
stephendamsoho:

Jesus! This was long ago! Do you know that i actually forgot that I am the op of this thread?

Frank Turek is no different from any dubious christian apologist.
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by Daeylar(f): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2017
LMAO a simple question yes or no grin he started telling bible tales, I quit at the 1.37 or so mark. I can't grin grin

I had to go back and confirm that he asked him if he would kill a child and not to tell him the story of Abraham, LMAO grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by terrezo2002(m): 11:09am On Oct 09, 2017
God does not try you beyond what you can bear or try you to make you fall into trouble
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by Richirich713: 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2017
NairalandSARS:

He could telekinetically stop the plane from hitting the towers by redirecting it, like how ordinary telekinetics do in comics.

I was responding to the claim that under no circumstances would he kill an innocent child. My plane situation demonstrated that to be false.

Or I are you saying God doesn't have TK?

"He" wasn't referring to God but to the questioner in the op's video.
Re: If God Asks You To Kill Your Child, Would You Do It? Funny Video! by stephendamsoho: 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Jesus! This was long ago! Do you know that i actually forgot that I am the op of this thread?

Frank Turek is no different from any dubious christian apologist.

went through your profile and saw it

the apologists are in it for the money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pope Seeks To Start Debate On Condoms And Aids / Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? / Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.