Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? (3755 Views)

Why It Is Wrong To Tell Nigerians To Dump God Because Of The Prosperity In China / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
Dear Nairaland Atheists, why and when did you decide to dump religion? Please share with me.
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hahn, Seun, ValentineMary,Johnydon22, RaphieMontella, Aminusanti, etc.. Y'all should come in.
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by FvckShiT(m): 11:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
I never fūcking thought Seun was once a fūcking religious being grin

I fūcking believe in Science......and fūcking nothing more cool

1 Like

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Dear Nairaland Athiests, why and when did you decide to dump religion
Please share with me

How you doing..

1 Like

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by mrmrmister: 11:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
FvckShiT:

He must have been
Nigerian parents always force religion on their children
He probably grew out of it grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

How you doing..
I'm fine. WBU?
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
I'm fine. WBU?
Cool.. you wana drop religion??
Are you on BBM?
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by hahn(m): 11:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
Luckily for me, I was not born in a religious home although at a certain point in my life I thought, why not? What do I have to lose in believing there is a god up there who cares about me and loves me enough to throw me in hell for eternity if I don't love it back.

Then one day I knelt down and was praying with my wife and then it hit me. I was talking to myself undecided

Then you also have to consider all the ridiculous stories one has to deceive himself to believe. Talking snakes, talking donkeys, the mass genocide by Jehovah via Noah's flood and at Sodom and Gomorrah, the virgin birth of Jesus, flying chariots and all other bullsh*t in the bible and all other religious holy book of lies.

Even Dexter's laboratory made more sense undecided

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrmrmister:

He must have been Nigerian parents always force religion on their children He probably grew out of it grin
This is actually my reason for asking.

1 Like

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by hahn(m): 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
FvckShiT:

You don't fvcking believe in fvcking science bro, you fvcking understand it undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by mrmrmister: 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
This is actually my reason for asking.
Well
There you have it
That's my own reason for dumping religion
I grew out of it , same way I grew out of Cinderella stories grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
hahn:
Luckily for me, I was not born in a religious home although at a certain point in my life I thought, why not? What do I have to lose in believing there is a god up there who cares about me and loves me enough to throw me in hell for eternity if I don't love it back.

Then one day I knelt down and was praying with my wife and then it hit me. I was talking to myself undecided

Then you also have to consider all the ridiculous stories one has to deceive himself to believe. Talking snakes, talking donkeys, the mass genocide by Jehovah via Noah's flood and at Sodom and Gomorrah, the virgin birth of Jesus, flying chariots and all other bullsh*t in the bible and all other religious holy book of lies.

Even Dexter's laboratory made more sense undecided

Lol. You never disappoint with yabbing God. Aren't you Nigerian?
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by FvckShiT(m): 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
mrmrmister:

He must have been
Nigerian parents always force religion on their children
He probably grew out of it grin

Probably he was a fūcking badazz-niqqa ...and he just fūcking did the religious thing then to fūcking please them...

Then the fūcking time came....he came of age grin cheesy....then da nigga fūcking became REAL grin

2 Likes

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Cool.. you wana drop religion??
Are you on BBM?
Drop religion? Nahhh.. I'mma die hard believer! BBM, No.
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by mrmrmister: 11:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
FvckShiT:

Probably he was a fūcking badazz-niqqa ...and he just fūcking did the religious thing then to fūcking please them...

Then the fūcking time came....he came of age grin cheesy....then da nigga fūcking became REAL grin

Exactly cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by FvckShiT(m): 11:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
hahn:

You don't fvcking believe in fvcking science bro, you fvcking understand it undecided

Young blood thinks he's fūcking intelligent grin

Prov 26:4 is fūcking really bout yo
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by hahn(m): 11:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Lol. You never disappoint with yabbing God. Aren't you Nigerian?

I am mixed. Born and raised here though .

I am not yabbing god sha. It doesn't exist. I am only yabbing the idea of "God" as portrayed by the Abrahamic religions.

If god is as Islam/Christianity describe it then it is a loser and not worthy of my fart undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Drop religion? Nahhh.. I'mma die hard believer! BBM, No.

thought as much..

or you don't discuss with peeps outside here??

#Just asking
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by hahn(m): 11:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
FvckShiT:

undecided
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by FvckShiT(m): 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
grin
mrmrmister:

Exactly cheesy cheesy

Seun's a fūcking REAL G
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by mrmrmister: 11:57pm On Oct 24, 2016
FvckShiT:

hahn:

undecided

Keep calm you're on the same page cool

2 Likes

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by ChemicalReaction(f): 12:02am On Oct 25, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

thought as much..

or you don't discuss with peeps outside here??

#Just asking
Yeahh.. Nl could mean anything to others, but to me, it's for fun. I just like NL friendships to end here. Hope you understand?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:05am On Oct 25, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Yeahh.. Nl could mean anything to others, but to me, it's for fun. I just like NL friendships to end here. Hope you understand?

Yea... that's why I asked...!!

Its great tho...

Don't become an Atheist ooo...Lol
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by ChemicalReaction(f): 12:10am On Oct 25, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Yea... that's why I asked...!!

Its great tho...

Don't become an Atheist ooo...Lol
Godforbid! When they cannot even gimme any valid reason(s) to wana join them. BTW, why aren't you on bed?
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by mrmrmister: 12:17am On Oct 25, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Godforbid! When they cannot even gimme any valid reason(s) to wana join them. BTW, why aren't you on bed?

Join?? grin
Atheism is not a movement
No one is going to preach atheism to you.

If you're ever going to dump religion, it'll be all by yourself.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by MrMontella(m): 12:17am On Oct 25, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Hahn, Seun, ValentineMary,Johnnydon22, RaphieMontella, Aminusanti, etc.. Y'all should come in.
raphiemontella...
You'd get answered in the mawneen...m off to bed!
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by ChemicalReaction(f): 12:20am On Oct 25, 2016
mrmrmister:

Join?? grin
Atheism is not a movement
No one is going to preach atheism to you.

If you're ever going to dump religion, it'll be all by yourself.
Sorry.. Not me.
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 25, 2016
I stop being too religious when all I see are these hypocrite ppol, praising and worshipping their God in 2hours and after that, everything is back to Normal biznez of lies, deceiving others, gossiping, back biting.,cheating ,lust ,disrespectful etc ...
Juz name all horrible traits, they have it and blame it to the devil when somebody caught them doing such thing... angry

[size=18pt]and these are the same ppol claiming that they are the CHILDREN OF GOD[/size]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:49am On Oct 25, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Please share with me
I will run out of saliva if I keep talking.
All I can say is i critically analyzed everything,but before then,it was already sounding ridiculous.
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by aminusanti(m): 4:21am On Oct 25, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Hahn, Seun, ValentineMary,Johnydon22, RaphieMontella, Aminusanti, etc.. Y'all should come in.
sorry sir, I ain't atheist. I am a muslim smiley
Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by donnffd(m): 5:27am On Oct 25, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Please share with me

I am curious as to why you want to know!

Well, there wasnt a "when" i dumped religion, i slowly evolved out of it.

Why?, well for starters, there is no evidence for the claims made by religion, and frankly, its just illogical...

2 Likes

Re: Why & When Did You Decide To Dump Religion? by Chubhie: 6:02am On Oct 25, 2016
When I cast my spiritual eyes on this thread, I see demons typing away!

You filthy things are too small to stop the kingdom of God. Repent before your grace period elapse.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is In Abuja? Let's Discuss Or Debate In Person. / Why Did Islam Approve Prostitutions / Queen Of Sheba/queen Of Eba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.