Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,601 members, 7,840,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Is There Anything Wrong For Dads To Kiss Thier Daughters On The Lips -how Weird? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Anything Wrong For Dads To Kiss Thier Daughters On The Lips -how Weird? (700 Views)

Shy Bride Refuses To Kiss Groom, Husband Struggles To Kiss Her At Church Wedding / Lady Explains Why It's Wrong For Pastor To Say 'you May Now Kiss The Bride' / Funky Wedding Invitation Of Two Nairalanders And Thier Cute Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Wrong For Dads To Kiss Thier Daughters On The Lips -how Weird? by amakoro(m): 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
How right is it? kissing your female children on their lips as a dad or your son as a mother.

Kissing your daughter on her lips could be a little weird for me but, One family who clearly doesn’t share my feelings on this topic are the Beckhams. Yesterday, David Beckham shared a photo of himself kissing his daughter on the lips.

The comments on the photo are less than complimentary. ‘Unfollow, this is just wrong!’ ‘Am I the only one who thinks this is weird?’ they read. Yes, Victoria experienced fall out for her picture, but nothing on the comments posted on David’s.

A man kissing his daughter is, it seems, much more objectionable than a woman doing so.

Now forgive me, but if you think that kissing your child on the lips is a completely non-sexual, non-romantic thing to do, then why does it make any difference whether the person kissing them is male or female?

When Victoria posted the picture, there was a slew of defence claiming, ‘it’s innocent’, ‘it’s lovely’. And while I disagree that anyone should be kissing children on their lips, if you think that a mother kissing her daughter on the lips is perfectly normal then how can you possibly think that it’s different for a father?

The unspoken subtext here is that it’s fine to kiss a child of your own gender on the lips, but when you do it to a child of the opposite gender it becomes somehow sexual.

Perhaps it’s just because it looks more reminiscent of an adult heterosexual kiss, but I can’t help thinking that it’s something more worrying than that – motivated by an insinuation of abuse.

So what is your take on this issue? http://dailyworldgist..com/2017/06/is-there-anything-wrong-for-dads-to-kiss-thier-daughters.html

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For Dads To Kiss Thier Daughters On The Lips -how Weird? by NairalandCS(m): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
As long as your third leg no move, nothing happen but if e move then big wahala dey
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For Dads To Kiss Thier Daughters On The Lips -how Weird? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2017
It is wrong!!! undecided
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For Dads To Kiss Thier Daughters On The Lips -how Weird? by firstking01(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
When she's of age just stop it.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For Dads To Kiss Thier Daughters On The Lips -how Weird? by Dizasparks(f): 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
As long as she's a toddler there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.. When I was little I kissed my dad all the time.. Even my bro.. It doesn't really mean much..
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For Dads To Kiss Thier Daughters On The Lips -how Weird? by Dizasparks(f): 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
As long as she's a toddler there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.. When I was little I kissed my dad all the time.. Even my bro.. It doesn't really mean much..

(1) (Reply)

14 Ways To Know Your Man Loves You / Nigerian Man Almost Drowned And Died Trying To Impress A Lady / How To Be A Great Boyfriend When Bae Is On Her Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.