Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria (9534 Views)

Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons / ’30 APC Members Killed In Political Violence In Rivers’ / Jonathan With Wounded Soldiers & Displaced Persons (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2010
What do you expect from Satan worshippers
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2010
Wow. I am a muslim, by the way and I dont subscribe to all the meaningless killing.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by JNdupu: 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2010
The IDP may have to update this graph to move the epicentre of violence further North, abi?

Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2010
I will never forget 1991/1992 during my NYSC in Kano state.

We had just finished our orientation in Gumel and heading towards our postings in Kano.

Little did we as corpers ( fully dressed with uniform ) know that there was a huge scale riot in Kano because Reinhard Bonnke was coming to town.

We were chased by several miscreants armed with bows and arrows, knives and petrol , and believe me when i say our hausa driver almost abandoned us to fate but for the timely intervention of some of us in the vehicle.

I have worked with these people, gone to their markets ( where they can stab you if you start haggling too much ) and to their schools.

Violence is inherent in their system and it is all because of Islam.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2010
No it is not. Those people misinterprete Islam, and they are not the only violent people in Nigeria btw.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2010
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by londoner: 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2010
Well, there seems to be conflicting stories from thos who claim to have been on the initial scene, or in Jos at the time. Its difficult to know who is to blame. However, I must say that some Nigerian muslims do love turmoil, sorry that is my impression. This is just one crisis of very many.

@Udenna, there is no need to be personal just because I am not screaming "death to all Muslims". Look my screen name is Londoner because I was born and raised there, and live there. I am an Igbo just like you, my parents are from Abia state.It is indeed madness that any person who is not seen as an "indegene" of a state is not allowed to be a governor etc, that is the case for ALL tribes in Nigeria. Even the Igbo's in Plataeu state cannot even though they have lived there since independence. In that vein the notion of Nigeria as a country and citizenry is a falshood.

If it is true that a man who went to refurbish his own house was stopped, that was wrong and there are no two ways about it. You may be trying to make black seem white because the peron involved was muslim, but that just means you cant see that situation for what it is.

The escalation is of a different matter though.
@kpofkpof, I dont doubt that this could have been planned, I must say Nigerian muslim extremists seem to seize every small opportunity to spill blood. Muslims around the world seem to have been doing a similiar thing over the past few weeks. It does seem to be organised to some extent.

@Fellis, I'm afraid they seem to be the only violent body of people without a cause or particular provocation. Sorry, its the truth. These people fantacise about Jihad. They need no real provocation, they feel it is something already sanctioned to happen.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 19, 2010
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 19, 2010
Oh no so much hatred. We muslims dont support killing innocent people, and bombing planes (were muslims not also on muttalabs plane? That is if the story is even true) containing innocent people.
And the 'people with dilapidated brains called muslims' sentence does nothing to show that you are taught to turn the other cheek, love your enemies and bless those who curse you.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by hackney(m): 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
On a fair playing ground, your average hausa man is inherently incapable of expatise or even success in any
endeavour of society.

As a result, they destroy life and property though outright violence to perpetuate a false sense of self-importance
in order not to become invisible or irrelevant in society.

Unfortunately destiny can only be delayed.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by londoner: 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2010
@fellis, some of your muslim brothers and sisters DO support the killing of innocent people. Thats is a bitter pill for you to swallow, but I'm afraid its the truth. There may have been muslims on the plane, but his target was Christians, hence he did not attempt to blow up a plane over the Yemen or Saudi Arabia.

Top Nigerian muslims need to come out in force against those who are spoiling the name of your religion and the prospect of peace in Northern Nigeria. You need to give these people up.report it when you hear of a plan to cause disruption. Look at the amount of groups such as Boko Haram that you have in the north, look at what havoc they have caused. How can you say muslims as a whole are peaceful? Even if the majority are, the small groups who are not are causing mayhem and your muslim clerics and leaders need to work with fellow Nigerians to stamp them out, and that means delivering your fellow muslims to the police/ authorities.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by comechop(m): 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2010
I am just finally glad that you guys on NL are opening your eyes to the truth about islam and moslems and all. How many more catastrophic events must happen before it will enter you eye that ISLAM is a religion of VIOLENCE?? Look at the middle east, look at 9/11, afghanistan, norther Nigeria, Farouq etc etc they all have one common foundation - ISLAM!
The sooner ya'll realize it, the better. This madness,
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2010
^please. Even Americans know that 9/11 was a setup by the American government. And Afghanistan was first attacked by the U.S. not the other way round.
The mutallab story is still fishy to me. I find it hard to believe that he got through three international airports without getting caught and after his father reported him.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by londoner: 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2010
@fellis, how do explain groups like Boko Haram and their aim? How do you explain the violence after a cartoon in a Danish newspaper? How do you explain the killings around the Miss World competition ?

Please answer these three questions.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by edoyad(m): 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2010
And i'm telling you people fellis has a point, what about jakande family, bola tinubu and fashola ? Aren't they muslims too ? Gov Adams Oshiomole is a muslim too, why don't we such problems in their places ? The hausa-muslim in specific is our problem here not the progressive yoruba and auchi muslim.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by londoner: 7:11pm On Jan 19, 2010
@edoyad, I think we know the problem seems to be with Northern muslims. Its the extremist type of Muslim which is the problem
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2010
The Muslims have been killing the Christians all these 3 days and nobody said jack. We just called Jos and heard that the situation is bad. Students of UNIJOS are also among the dead and the examinations have been suspended. The military commanders are Muslims. It is alleged that they bring in this trouble makers from other parts, arm them and give them military uniform so when the Christians run for protection to the military personnel who are fake, they end up being slaughtered.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2010
@op&all

I have followed with bewilderment at the amount of hate that has been going on recently on NL. The forum has degenerated into an Islam bashing/Northern Nigeria bashing/Yoruba bashing? (okay; tribe bashing) emporium.

We express dismay that all Nigerians are considered scam artists and terrorists, yet we do not hesitate to paint an entire group of people with one brush because of the actions of a few amongst them.

Hypocrites are easy to recognize. When people who live in USA, Canada or majority of Yorubaland start to blame violence on Islam, I wonder. Is it because of worldly gains that you cannot be truthful? You have lived in these lands with muslims and you KNOW in your heart that your posts blaming Islam are not true.

There is too much hate going on.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by oaroloye(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2010
Real Christians cannot clash with Muslims, or with anybody!

MATTHEW 5:38-48.

38. "Ye have heard that it hath been said,

'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:'
39. "But I say unto you,
'That ye resist not evil:
but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek,
turn to him the other also.'

40. "And if any man will sue thee at the Law,
and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41. "And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile,
go with him twain.
42. "Give to him that asketh thee,
and from him that would borrow of thee
turn not thou away.
43. "Ye have heard that it hath been said,
'Thou shalt love thy Neighbour,
and hate thine Enemy.'
44. "But I say unto you,
'Love your Enemies, Bless them that curse you,
do Good to them that hate you,
and pray for them which despitefully use you,
and persecute you;
45. 'That ye may be The Children of your Father Which is in Heaven:
for He maketh His Sun to rise on the Evil and on the Good,
and sendeth Rain on the Just and on the Unjust.
46. "For if ye love them which love you, what Reward have ye?
do not even the Publicans the same?
47. "And if ye salute your Brethren only,
what do ye more than Others?
do not even the Publicans so?
48. "Be ye therefore Perfect,
even as your Father Which is in Heaven is Perfect."

TRUE CHRISTIANS, WHEN PERSECUTED are Commanded by Jesus to leave the areas in which they are persecuted.

MATTHEW 10:21-25.

21. "And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death,
and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents,
and cause them to be put to death.
22. "And ye shall be hated of all men for my Name's sake:
but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23. "But when they persecute you in this city,
flee ye into another:
for verily I say unto you,

'Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel,
till the Son of Man be come.'

24. "The Disciple is not above his Master,
nor the Servant above his Lord.
25. "It is enough for the Disciple that he be as his Master,
and the Servant as his Lord.
If they have called the Master of the House Beelzebub,
how much more shall they call them of his Household?"

JESUS' DISCIPLES, knowing that the Christians converted after them would become their seniors, connived to drive them to their deaths, by not telling the Early Church that they had the right and mandate to depart areas where the residents have made it clear that they are not wanted. They were instead taught to stand their ground- even respond rudely to their persecutors (Acts 4:1-21; 5:24-41; 7:51-60). Whereas, Jesus made a point of simply withdrawing from places where he was not wanted (Matt. 12:14-21; Luke 4:28-30).

Jesus' Disciples committed the unspeakably wicked act of sending trusting Christians to unnecessary deaths, so that his prophecy that their juniors would become their seniors in The Kingdom would never come to pass (Matt. 8:10-12; 19:28-30). They knew that Spiritual Identity is transferable. If a new Disciple should surpass the service record of an "Apostle," God will give them the reward that that "Apostle" should have had, were he more diligent. It will be as if they became that "Apostle."

Since clergymen are concerned more with control than understanding, the Doctrine that Jesus' Commandments must be obeyed to the letter is basically outlawed in every church.

MATTHEW 24:14.

14. "And THIS GOSPEL of The Kingdom
shall be preached in all the World
for a witness unto all nations;
and then shall The End come."

MOST SUPPOSED CHRISTIANS have no idea whatsoever that they have to obey the same Commandments that Jesus taught the Jews when he was on the Earth. That is "The Gospel." Nothing else. That is an "Astonishing Doctrine" to most Christians- who are taught to follow the clergymen- not Jesus.

MATTHEW 24:35.

35. "Heaven and Earth shall pass away,
but my Words shall not pass away."

IF YOU BECOME A DISCIPLE OF JESUS- a true Christian- if Unbelievers tell you to "Buzz off," you "buzz off."
Those who have been deceived that by praying the "Sinner's Prayer" formula, following "The Roman Road" and such, they have become Christians, are aghast at this Teaching!  "But that means I will lose my home! What about MY FAMILY! WHAT ABOUT MY CAREER!" Yes? What of them?

MATTHEW 19:27-30.

27. Then answered Peter and said unto him,
"Behold, we have forsaken all,
and followed thee;
what shall we have therefore?"
28. And Jesus said unto them,
"Verily I say unto you,

'That ye which have followed me,
in The Regeneration when the Son of Man
shall sit in The Throne of his Glory,
ye also shall sit upon Twelve Thrones,
judging The Twelve Tribes of Israel.
29. "And every one that hath forsaken Houses,
or Brethren, or Sisters, or Father, or Mother,
or Wife, or Children, or Lands,
for my Name's sake,
shall receive an hundredfold,
and shall inherit Everlasting Life.
30. "But many that are first shall be last;
and the last shall be first."

THIS IS WHAT IT COSTS to become a REAL Christian in those regions where Wickedness is aggressive.
Even if the Believer is physically more powerful than the Evildoer, and he says, "Give me your house!" you can tell him to get last, and maybe he will- but you will stay in that your house without Jesus. That is what that costs.

Some fools will say, "That's foolish! What is my gain?"
That is the Wisdom of God! Your gain, as Jesus said, is Everlasting Life! This is how you live! this is how you survive!

JOHN 12:42-50.

42. Nevertheless among the Chief Rulers also
many believed on him;
but because of the Pharisees
they did not confess him,
lest they should be put out of the Synagogue:
43. For they loved the Praise of Men
more than The Praise of God.
44. Jesus cried and said,
“He that believeth on me, believeth not on me,
but on Him that sent me.
45. “And he that seeth me
seeth Him that sent me.
46. “I am come a Light into the World,
that whosoever believeth on me
should not abide in Darkness.
47. “And if any man hear my Words, and believe not,
I judge him not: for I came not to judge the World,
but to save the World.
48. “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my Words,
hath One that judgeth him:
The Word that I have spoken,
the Same shall judge him in The Last Day.
49. “For I have not spoken of myself;
but the Father which sent me,
He gave me a Commandment,
what I should say, and what I should speak.
50. “And I know that His Commandment is Life Everlasting:
whatsoever I speak therefore,
even as the Father said unto me, so I speak."

THE GOAL OF THE CLERGYMAN is NOT "Everlasting Life" for his church. He is building an empire. therefore he is going to teach his congregation to maintain his empire. Hold his ground. But he is not going to tell them what he is really doing.
The hardened hypocrite is not even going to tell himself what he is really doing. he would spin some ridiculous myth about how his dead soldiers are now "Safe in the Arms of Jesus." Despite having died disobeying his Standing Commandment.

Naive ignorant Christian Laymen will say that, "Oh, it is not for us to interpret Scripture- only our specially-anointed illuminated Clergymen can do that!" Who taught you that nonsense? The "specially-anointed illuminated" clergymen did.
They made up fake rules, and you followed them. The Bible is written to ordinary people, and meant to be understood by ordinary people. When the clergyman finds that an explicit Commandment of God goes against what he wants to do to the Church, he invents an "interpretation" that is a complete lie, that came specially from God through him, authorizing him to break the obvious meaning of The Word of God. Once the Church has been brainwashed to believe that The Bible does not always mean what it says, then they need clergymen to tell them what The Bible should say.

If you follow everything that Jesus says, you will Live Everlastingly.
If you decide to break Commandments, thinking yourselves cleverer than what Jesus' Commandments literally say, and those who follow them that way, you end up dead. Look at what has been happening since.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2010
ayinba1:

@op&all

I have followed with bewilderment at the amount of hate that has been going on recently on NL. The forum has degenerated into an Islam bashing/Northern Nigeria bashing/Yoruba bashing? (okay; tribe bashing) emporium.

We express dismay that all Nigerians are considered scam artists and terrorists, yet we do not hesitate to paint an entire group of people with one brush because of the actions of a few amongst them.

Hypocrites are easy to recognize. When people who live in USA, Canada or majority of Yorubaland start to blame violence on Islam, I wonder. Is it because of worldly gains that you cannot be truthful? You have lived in these lands with muslims and you KNOW in your heart that your posts blaming Islam are not true.

There is too much hate going on.

We know the truth . . . when muslims are in the tiny minority they are largely "peaceful" because in the USA and Canada . . . the rule of law is STRICTLY followed and christians will immediately and ruthlessly crush any islamic fundamentalism.

You HYPOCRITES should rather CITE nations where muslims are in the majority . . . where is the peace?
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2010
^^^ Get thee away from me, Oh Satan.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2010
Roflmao. grin grin
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Borat1: 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2010
I thought JOS was a largely christian state?
Or maybe i'm wrong i dont know. . .
what it now means is that its a security risk to live among muslims?
And you want the US to scratch naija of her terrorist list? Want something else please sad
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by asha80(m): 8:45pm On Jan 19, 2010
davidylan:

We know the truth . . . when muslims are in the tiny minority they are largely "peaceful" because in the USA and Canada . . . the rule of law is STRICTLY followed and christians will immediately and ruthlessly crush any islamic fundamentalism.

You HYPOCRITES should rather CITE nations where muslims are in the majority . . . where is the peace?

Errm . . . saudi arabia,UAE,Malaysia,Indonesia
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2010
ayinba1:

You mean allah?

Be honest with yourself . . . why do muslims prefer to troop to largely christian nations rather than their "peaceful" islamic states?

asha 80:

Errm . . . saudi arabia,UAE,Malaysia,Indonesia

lol what ridiculous nonsense . . . i wonder why the embassies of those nations are not swarming with muslims. Why are you all going to the US? There is "peace" in Saudi Arabia or Indonesia? grin Think again.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by OvieE: 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2010
After Nigeria terrorist in Detroit, Michigan, USA and now Nigeria, I strongle believe that Muslim is a terrorist oganization. Their worship is to learn how to kill innocents people all over the world. Nigeria muslims are idiots and they will go to hell fucckin hell.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by OvieE: 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2010
fellis:

Oh no so much hatred. We muslims dont support killing innocent people, and bombing planes (were muslims not also on muttalabs plane? That is if the story is even true) containing innocent people.
And the 'people with dilapidated brains called muslims' sentence does nothing to show that you are taught to turn the other cheek, love your enemies and bless those who curse you.

Shut up, that is what you satan worshipper do. Kill others, bomb plane and blow up cities because they do not believe in satan that you go and worship. FUCCCCK Islam and I will say it over and over. FuCKCKKC islams
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by OvieE: 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2010
ayinba1:

Yes oh, santan get out of my house
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2010
@OvieE,

Your post is very "non-satanic" but will definitely not bring any progress to anyone including yourself. Freedom of speech does not construe loss of sanity. Use your brain before you lose it.

I am a Nigerian muslim and I take exception to your post. At least, starting with grammar, any smart person can deduce what you are.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 19, 2010
ayinba1:

@OvieE,

Your post is very "non-satanic" but will definitely not bring any progress to anyone including yourself. Freedom of speech does not construe loss of sanity. Use your brain before you lose it.

I am a Nigerian muslim and I take exception to your post. At least, starting with grammar, any smart person can deduce what you are.

and somehow your own "freedom of speech" gives you the right to call others "satan"? What a disgusting hypocrite.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by edoyad(m): 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2010
And mr ayinba anybody could decode you're a parasitic almajiri survivalist, aren't you ? Please tell us which one you are, citizen Y or real4life ? You ignorance oozes through your posts so easily that i can decipher any of you no matter how many usernames you try to log on with.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2010
@David,

Cool down. Islam is here to say, it will grow no matter what you or your likes wish for. Multiple attempts have been made to educate you but you insist on your rhetoric. By the way, remember to tell edoyad how much you hate the northerners.

@edoyad

Ask David, he'll tell you if I am a Mr or the other user IDs that you claim.
I  would have thought that you were Davidylan too if not for your admission that you are a Northerner and the fact that I know that David hates Northerners.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dantata Dies In Germany. / PDP Has Disappointed South-east –okorocha / The Facts Behind Jelani Aliyu - Nigerian That Designed Electric Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.