Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria (9533 Views)

Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons / ’30 APC Members Killed In Political Violence In Rivers’ / Jonathan With Wounded Soldiers & Displaced Persons (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pak: 3:32pm On Jan 20, 2010
pabanton:

Thats true lowcost has been fairly peaceful,

but GSM recharge cards is also important to let loved ones know your still alive

@Pak >>Bros, u get cornflakes u dey enjoy o

Funny guy,

Now I appreciate the power of our local food. These 'oyinbo' stuffs dont really give you energy, they just make you 'hang on'.

I will gladly trade my remaining 1 and half pack for one and a half plate of garri and egusi right now.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by edoyad(m): 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2010
@pak and pabanton i'm so glad to hear from J people. But i think say J people like to form jand before ? Why are you complaining of cornflakes ? My cousins in J like to cook with all those oyibo mede mede vegetables inside their food, so you understand my surprise at your complaint. After all, na for jos nasco dey make the cornflakes so It's a local delicacy. grin
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by naijaking1: 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2010
So where is our president in all these
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pabanton: 3:57pm On Jan 20, 2010
Men, there is this lady around here who miraculously has bags of garri for sale!!! a life saver,

Sorry it's not near lowcost, so u'll have to do with ur cornflakes,
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pabanton: 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2010
@edoyad >> Jos people eat for the occasion. When the going gets tough,
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pak: 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2010
pabanton:

Men, there is this lady around here who miraculously has bags of garri for sale!!! a life saver,

Sorry it's not near lowcost, so u'll have to do with your cornflakes,

Wow what side is that ?

I wish i can just get real food and kerosene right now.

Anyway sha I think I will just was Nigeria 'beat' Mozambique and forget the hunger.

Any news on the curfew ? when will it be lifted ? I just want to leave this town ASAP
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pak: 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2010
edoyad:

@pak and pabanton i'm so glad to hear from J people. But i think say J people like to form jand before ? Why are you complaining of cornflakes ? My cousins in J like to cook with all those oyibo mede mede vegetables inside their food, so you understand my surprise at your complaint. After all, na for jos nasco dey make the cornflakes so It's a local delicacy. grin

I guess those 'mede mede' should be stuffs like cabbage , lettucce, carrots etc. You can get them in large qualities in Jos and cheaply too. One of the 'advantages' of staying in J town
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pabanton: 4:14pm On Jan 20, 2010
@Pak >> There is no kerosene anywhere, we have resorted to charcoal (practically running out) and twigs/firewood

Yeah Jos is great place to be, we just wish all this problems would STOP!!!
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by edoyad(m): 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2010
I really don't want to launch a vitriolic attack now on anyone as that's what I've been doing for two days now, but needless to say i believe J will reclaim It's lost glory. I've been posting with anger since i heard of this thing and believe that one should take time to enjoy the good when it comes even in trying times. @pak and pan, you guys have made my day and i hope you find garri for your delight grin
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pak: 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2010
Thanks Edoyad for the good wishes.

Nepa just restored the light and I'm presently enjoying the match and also using the opportunity to make myself a good meal
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by kpofkpof: 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2010
pabanton:

Thats true lowcost has been fairly peaceful,

but GSM recharge cards is also important to let loved ones know your still alive

@Pak >>Bros, u get cornflakes u dey enjoy o

Rock haven where i live was relatively peaceful. Though shops are locked, i've got food all stocked up in my freezer and im just praying that i dont run out of cooking gas

the curfew has been reviewed. its now 10am-5pm and the motor bikes (okadas) have been banned till further notice.

the only scary thing now is the presence of fake military guyz who are going from house to house killing people & i think a couple of them were captured around that your Lowcost area, some at Buuru and GadaBiu. So please be very careful.

May God keep us safe in the hollow of his hands.
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pabanton: 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2010
FROM JOS,

The curfew has been reviewed to 5pm to 10am daily,

The use of achaba, going, commercial motorbike, okada has been suspended,
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by kpofkpof: 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2010
pabanton:

FROM JOS,

The curfew has been reviewed to 5pm to 10am daily,

The use of achaba, going, commercial motorbike, okada has been suspended,

Pls listen to the news again o. this your 5pm to 10am sounds absurd. Abeg before this khaki guys give you 1million frog jumps that may condemn your legs
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by pabanton: 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2010
@kpof the curfew is now between 5pm to 10am: meaning that there is NO MOVEMENT between 5pm (evening) till 10am (morning) before it was a 24 hour curfew, but no between 5pm and 10am curfew

you can move around from 10am till 5pm

hope u understand now??
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by comechop(m): 6:47am On Jan 21, 2010
@Davidylan

The voice of truth.
He says it like you hate to hear it, ascerbic, sarcastic and biting, but no doubt it the truth. You're one of the very few pple here on NL that I respect your opinion. Love how you say the truth as it is, even though no one wants to hear it.

Update your blog btw!

Praying for our brothers n sistas in J-town, may God keep them safe.

Like I said before, I will repeat. I'm glad pple's eyes are being opening to the VIOLENCE that is ISLAM. You can't separate both of them. My advice: Be wise and careful when dealing with a muslim. He/she will be smiling with you one day, the next day will stab you IN THE FRONT.

Its the wicked spirit in them.

Peace out NL till a couple weeks!
Re: 5,000 Displaced After Violence In Nigeria by udennaa: 1:48pm On Jan 21, 2010
sun newspaper report - soldiers sent to calm tempers in jos side the muslims to perpetuate genocide against christians. shocked
evil angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dantata Dies In Germany. / Why Do You Hate The Igbos? / The Facts Behind Jelani Aliyu - Nigerian That Designed Electric Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.