Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player (63562 Views)

Messi ‘made Me Better Player’, Says Ronaldo / Arsenal Will Sign 'better Player' If Aubameyang Completes Transfer To Man Utd / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Messi May Not Have Saved Us From Defeat - Sampaoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by crowley(m): 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
naturalwaves:

Sentimental analysis. You are the most delusional Messi fan I have come across in recent times. Ronaldo is playing for Messi but Messi is playing for history yet he beat Messi to credible records this season and even supassed his champions league goals with 7 goals in 3 matches.

He is not the best player at Real Madrid talkless of being the best player in the world you said. It is so simple! When he is about to be offered his 5th Balom D'or, go and Orubebe the process. cheesy

If you have ever played standard football like some of us, you will know that positioning is one of the greatest football skills and that was what made Ruud Van Niateroy and Alan Crespo really dangerous in their time. You think tapping in the ball is just about placing boots on the ball? What a delusional guy you are. Let me quickly give you an example. You see Ronaldo's second goal or tap in like fools call it against Juve was from a very tight angle. It took Ronaldo less than 2 seconds to run into that space and connect with the ball. Not only did he connect with the ball, he hit it with his boot curved and bent to place it far away from Buffon's reach such that the ball went to the far side of the net and entered through the inner part of the second side of the net. That's superb technique! Even his first goal, you saw the way he positioned his waist to take that shot and spinned it? You think he just fired the shots anyhow? Smh. Please, stop watching football with the back of your head.

I am sure you would have preferred Messi do tap ins and Barca win the cup than passing allover without purpose. Whether you like it or not, Ronaldo is more purposeful with the ball and why should he run around when Bale can do that and he is already 32? In the past 7 years, Ronaldo has not scored less than 40 goals a season.

Bad belleism is written allover you and I wonder how long it will take you to get over the defeat and the fact that Ronaldo is gonna take his 5th Balon D'or. You have never even given him a clap nor commend him for scoring a goal or for settling nerves in the final game. You are not a true fan of the game. You are an hater and you lot cannot even hide it. You so bittered. Your analysis are tainted with ingratitude for a wonderful player.

Well, like Ronaldo said for haters like you........I wonder what the critics will say this time but numbers don't lie. They should check out the numbers.

......and in case you forgot, let me reiterate this into your skull. When the beautiful game of football was invented, it was clearly stated that the aim of the game shall be to put the ball in the opponent's net. Definitions were not given for pass around, tap ins, beautiful football or what have you. Recite this aim every morning when you wake as a regular pill peharps it will help to water down your delusional, sentimental , lopsided arguments and lack of respect for one of the best players that have ever graced the beautiful game of football and the most complete footballer in history.

3 Likes

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by crowley(m): 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
Konami94:

Nobody considers Ronaldo the greatest player ever. Go and check it anywhere. And the issue of Ronaldo adapting in two different leagues doesn't make any sense because that's how his life turned out. If he had started his career in Madrid, he would not have gone to any other club, as it would be a step down. You don't leave NNPC to go and work in a filling station, just to prove a point, you don't leave CBN to go and work in a microfinance bank just to prove you can adapt, even if the salaries were almost the same thing. Messi leaving Barcelona to any other team apart from Madrid would have been a step down. And I'm pretty sure you know he can't go to Madrid.
So manchester united is a filling station now abi? ANIMAL!!! united go catch barca next season. i pray it be in d knockout stage so we knw who is filling station nd who is blackmarket seller. common football stats u dnt knw. bias cow. no one is calling ronaldo d best? what universe ar u frm. clueless universe

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
crowley:

And ronaldo can play for another 8years. grin grin grin ronaldo sets the bar for football and messi chases.

for real Madrid or eyimba??
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by crowley(m): 12:43am On Jun 06, 2017
Konami94:

What statistics? Messi has a better goal ratio than him, more trophies than him, more individual honours than him. When you watch them play, you can clearly see who's the better footballer. Ronaldo only started to catch up to Messi during the last 4 years after Barcelona declined. Messi has scored 57 goals from a deeper position this season. Ronaldo has around 42 goals playing as a top striker.
All your post just dey annoy me. you knw hw many times ronaldo was rested? and what fu€k!ng top striker? u even knw anytin? where u leave ur sense? dnt they play the same 433? is it not benzima nd suarez that plays 9. you are just a stupid barca fan that can nt hide his fustration that cr7 is better. dude hide ur fustration. madrid won it back to back and no one has ever scored as much champions league goals as cr7. so just shut up. when messi was winning best player awards, i kept shut. so do the same u pathetic barca fan. win champions league back to back nd i wil shutup

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by shaokhan01(m): 8:55am On Jun 06, 2017
olassy239:
this is were you consider their style of playing.barca style of playing is different from Madrid's .juve did their home work well against barca
wetin concern us with their styles. will you prefer to do your test properly than your exam
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by gameboyo: 11:55am On Jun 06, 2017
Misterdhee1:

And the same Messi's barca humbled Madrid at their home grin
Yet won nothing
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Konami94: 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
crowley:

All your post just dey annoy me. you knw hw many times ronaldo was rested? and what fu€k!ng top striker? u even knw anytin? where u leave ur sense? dnt they play the same 433? is it not benzima nd suarez that plays 9. you are just a stupid barca fan that can nt hide his fustration that cr7 is better. dude hide ur fustration. madrid won it back to back and no one has ever scored as much champions league goals as cr7. so just shut up. when messi was winning best player awards, i kept shut. so do the same u pathetic barca fan. win champions league back to back nd i wil shutup
LMAO, why so much anger and bitterness? I know life is hard over here, but you need to take it easy bro, its just football. Ronaldo doesn't even know you mate so why do you want to kill yourself over him? And for the record, Barcelona is the club I dislike the most, I was only stating facts. Please tell me what makes CR7 better? Trophies, goals, assists, talents, individual awards? What exactly?
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Konami94: 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
MJBOLT:
[i]
Foolishness is when a student is making it in class 5 but you want him to go and prove himself in class 2.
Ronaldo took steps to get to high class team like Madrid... just like many other players.
Example is passing your test to get promoted.
He started from Sporting, to United and finally in Madrid... so do you think he will leave Madrid now?
If Ronaldo started his career in Madrid, he wouldn't have moved to EPL...both Barca and Madrid are top European clubs, but Ronaldo wasn't good enough to start from Madrid in the beginning of his career...he needed to prove himself in Sporting and United first.
Whereas Messi was good enough to start his career in Barca.

Damm bro you couldn't have said it any better. That's what I've been trying to explain, but zombies wouldn't understand. This was what I posted in quote.
"the issue of Ronaldo adapting in two different leagues doesn't make any sense because that's how his life turned out. If he had started his career in Madrid, he would not have gone to any other club, as it would be a step down. You don't leave NNPC to go and work in a filling station, just to prove a point, you don't leave CBN to go and work in a microfinance bank just to prove you can adapt, even if the salaries were almost the same thing. Messi leaving Barcelona to any other team apart from Madrid would have been a step down. And I'm pretty sure you know he can't go to Madrid

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Konami94: 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
crowley:

So manchester united is a filling station now abi? ANIMAL!!! united go catch barca next season. i pray it be in d knockout stage so we knw who is filling station nd who is blackmarket seller. common football stats u dnt knw. bias cow. no one is calling ronaldo d best? what universe ar u frm. clueless universe
Nigga all you've done is throw insults without making a single point. What "common stats" are you talking about? And since you don't understand my simple analogy, let me break down for you bro. What I'm saying is that, it would not make any sense for Messi to leave to EPL, because Barcelona is a better team and a bigger club than Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or City. Ronaldo played for Sporting and United because that's how his career turned out. If Ronaldo started his career in Madrid, like Messi did in Barcelona, he would have remained there all his life. You simply do not leave a better place, where you have a higher chance of success, just because you want to prove yourself to people.
You can also refer to the person I quoted above for better understanding. And if you still do not understand after that, then you are beyond help my brother.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Konami94: 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
crowley:

And ronaldo can play for another 8years. grin grin grin ronaldo sets the bar for football and messi chases.
What bar exactly? 4 straight ballon dor? 73 goals a season? 91 goals calender year? La liga all -time scorer? Hatrick in 2 classicos home & away? And most the unbreakable of all records - Scored in 21 straight La Liga games. Ronaldo has always been playing catchup since 2009, and he's done a wonderful job of it. Surely, you can't be so delusional to acknowledge that.
Ronaldo just equalled Messi's 4 Champions League, about to equal his 5 ballon dor, and you say Messi is chasing him? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Frankaka8(m): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elHZA2USPMQ please please guys, watch dis video.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by yemiosinbajo: 2:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
LordAdam16:

Every player needs a good team to perform.

But when Messi performs with a good team, somehow the results are because of him and when CR7 performs, the results are because of his team.

-Lord

I don't know why you keep typing this blunder out of sentiment. In your words, how many people said "the results were because of Messi" when Barca came back to beat PSG 6-1? Didn't people say Messi performed below par during Barca's initial 4-0 defeat to PSG? Wasn't all the glory given to Neymar after the success of the second leg? Argue to leave out sentiments!
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by LordAdam16: 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
yemiosinbajo:

I don't know why you keep typing this blunder out of sentiment. In your words, how many people said "the results were because of Messi" when Barca came back to beat PSG 6-1? Didn't people say Messi performed below par during Barca's initial 4-0 defeat to PSG? Wasn't all the glory given to Neymar after the success of the second leg? Argue to leave out sentiments!

More people than I can count...

Look through this thread and most of the LM10 fans are going with the argument that LM10 carries his team while CR7 is carried by his team.

When I make statements, I based them on what the majority of a group are saying.

Not all LM10 fans would say all Ronaldo does is to tap-in and score spot kicks. But that's what the majority are saying.

-Lord
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by crowley(m): 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
Konami94:

What bar exactly? 4 straight ballon dor? 73 goals a season? 91 goals calender year? La liga all -time scorer? Hatrick in 2 classicos home & away? And most the unbreakable of all records - Scored in 21 straight La Liga games. Ronaldo has always been playing catchup since 2009, and he's done a wonderful job of it. Surely, you can't be so delusional to acknowledge that.
Ronaldo just equalled Messi's 4 Champions League, about to equal his 5 ballon dor, and you say Messi is chasing him? cheesy cheesy cheesy
And who has more career goal? more champions league goals? and as at when ronaldo was in united, united was probably the best team any player could join. and united is still the biggest and richest team in the world. a few bad spells does'nt mean we wont get back up there. by the end of this year, they would be equal rite? Then let the game begin. Since messi was once 3 ballon D'Or above cr7, nd by this year ending, they wud av 5 a piece, then messi is a failure
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by crowley(m): 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
Konami94:

LMAO, why so much anger and bitterness? I know life is hard over here, but you need to take it easy bro, its just football. Ronaldo doesn't even know you mate so why do you want to kill yourself over him? And for the record, Barcelona is the club I dislike the most, I was only stating facts. Please tell me what makes CR7 better? Trophies, goals, assists, talents, individual awards? What exactly?
game impact, motivation, scoring from the most difficult position. he can score with his hand, bum grin Leg, knee, head, overhead kick, tap in, penalty spot. and no player on earth positions like him. or u think its easy to score? grin even the so called messi is amongs the greatest spot kick missers. grin . the only time on earth i would be against madrid nd cr7 is if United nd Madrid meets in champions league. nd tz going to be awkard 4 me.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Rapahel1116: 7:31am On Jun 07, 2017
Guy u mumu....na d kind of una de kill him friend becos of arguing stupidly abeg...wetin de worry u?na so u say messi de overated .....I tel one oyibo Madrid fan....d guy just de laf....say sometimes him de wonder y him b Madrid fan ..BT he can't quit a club he started supporting since birth ....i like messi Nd ronaldo ...BT messi can single handedly win a match on his own...DAT one na fact.... Ronaldo can't do DAT...ronaldo is no maradona ,o....Ronaldo is more of a van vasten,herd muller...BT fat doesn't mk messi more better...becos dem de achieve d same tin BT in different ways....one de more exciting Dan d other dats just d difference.
LordAdam16:

More people than I can count...

Look through this thread and most of the LM10 fans are going with the argument that LM10 carries his team while CR7 is carried by his team.

When I make statements, I based them on what the majority of a group are saying.

Not all LM10 fans would say all Ronaldo does is to tap-in and score spot kicks. But that's what the majority are saying.

-Lord
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Konami94: 8:02am On Jun 07, 2017
crowley:

And who has more career goal? more champions league goals? and as at when ronaldo was in united, united was probably the best team any player could join. and united is still the biggest and richest team in the world. a few bad spells does'nt mean we wont get back up there. by the end of this year, they would be equal rite? Then let the game begin. Since messi was once 3 ballon D'Or above cr7, nd by this year ending, they wud av 5 a piece, then messi is a failure
A 5 time Ballon dor winner is a failure? And you say you are not biased? And are you aware Ronaldo is over 2 years older than Messi? So he has played far more games hence more goals than Messi. Go and check their goals to game ratio and compare. And Man Utd might be the richest, but is not the biggest team in the world. Surely you cannot be this delusional? Players like Beckham & Ronaldo steped up from Man Utd to Madrid, not the other way around.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Konami94: 8:08am On Jun 07, 2017
crowley:

game impact, motivation, scoring from the most difficult position. he can score with his hand, bum grin Leg, knee, head, overhead kick, tap in, penalty spot. and no player on earth positions like him. or u think its easy to score? grin even the so called messi is amongs the greatest spot kick missers. grin . the only time on earth i would be against madrid nd cr7 is if United nd Madrid meets in champions league. nd tz going to be awkard 4 me.
What is motivation? So Messi does not score goals? 57 goals this season as a playmaker? Your point makes no sense whatsoever. Zlatan scores all kinds of goals, does that make him better than Messi? 73 goals in a season make Ronaldo do am na. Or 91 goals a calender year. Or score in 21 straight la Liga games.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Adewest44(m): 9:15am On Jun 07, 2017
what a lovely and helpful word
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by LordAdam16: 9:30am On Jun 07, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Guy u mumu....na d kind of una de kill him friend becos of arguing stupidly abeg...wetin de worry u?na so u say messi de overated .....I tel one oyibo Madrid fan....d guy just de laf....say sometimes him de wonder y him b Madrid fan ..BT he can't quit a club he started supporting since birth ....i like messi Nd ronaldo ...[s]BT messi can single handedly win a match on his own[/s]...DAT one na fact.... Ronaldo can't do DAT...ronaldo is no maradona ,o....Ronaldo is more of a van vasten,herd muller...BT fat doesn't mk messi more better...becos dem de achieve d same tin BT in different ways....one de more exciting Dan d other dats just d difference.

Why did he not single-handedly win the Juventus match.

Trash-talker.

You are dumber than most other LM10 fans. Disgracing yourself without shame.

You talked to an Oyinbo fan (inferiority complex much), so I should do what na, drop a backed opinion because an "oyinbo" fan who didn't get the context said otherwise.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by crowley(m): 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
Konami94:

A 5 time Ballon dor winner is a failure? And you say you are not biased? And are you aware Ronaldo is over 2 years older than Messi? So he has played far more games hence more goals than Messi. Go and check their goals to game ratio and compare. And Man Utd might be the richest, but is not the biggest team in the world. Surely you cannot be this delusional? Players like Beckham & Ronaldo steped up from Man Utd to Madrid, not the other way around.
bro. simple as abc. you score 93 goals, come december cr7 would have achieved more dan him. na who score goal dey win league? nd bro u just made a stupid comment. note that messi has been in barca since 2004, nd ronaldo made his la liga appearance in 09, and ronaldo is the top scorer in the big five europe league combined. so what on earth are you arguing abt. do you knw wat motivation is? i was beginning to like u, but u re still Delusional. goal ratio? i really have no idea hw u compare players. grin
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Konami94: 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
crowley:

bro. simple as abc. you score 93 goals, come december cr7 would have achieved more dan him. na who score goal dey win league? nd bro u just made a stupid comment. note that messi has been in barca since 2004, nd ronaldo made his la liga appearance in 09, and ronaldo is the top scorer in the big five europe league combined. so what on earth are you arguing abt. do you knw wat motivation is? i was beginning to like u, but u re still Delusional. goal ratio? i really have no idea hw u compare players. grin
Achieved more than Messi how? You've still not given me valid points to explain how Ronaldo is better. If you even say he's on par with Messi, I might agree with you, but to outrightly say Ronaldo is better and has achieved more? How na? And if you don't know what is goals to game ratio, then you need to watch another sports bro.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Konami94: 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2017
crowley:

Messi has been in Spain since 2004 ba, agreed. Now check out their stats, since 2009, when Ronaldo moved to Madrid grin grin grin. Messi stats, yellow, Ronaldo blue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2017
make Una leave messi cr7 them day chop their money
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by crowley(m): 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
Konami94:

Messi has been in Spain since 2004 ba, agreed. Now check out their stats, since 2009, when Ronaldo moved to Madrid grin grin grin. Messi stats, yellow, Ronaldo blue.
Bro u ar just arguing blindly. you can see the appearance right? bro am tayad of arguing with someone who has a messi poster in his room. grin

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by crowley(m): 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2017
All time

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Konami94: 8:22am On Jun 08, 2017
crowley:

Bro u ar just arguing blindly. you can see the appearance right? bro am tayad of arguing with someone who has a messi poster in his room. grin
Oh so now you have seen the facts, you are running away. So now you want to argue that Messi has played more games, that's why he has more goals than Ronaldo since 09? But since you have been shouting that Ronaldo has scored more career goals & UCL than Messi, you don't realise that's its because he's 2 years older and has played way more games than Messi?
You are just a hypocritical Ronaldo fanboy, so no need arguing with your likes. grin grin grin grin
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Konami94: 8:31am On Jun 08, 2017
crowley:

54 goals in 52 games vs 42 goals in 46 games, surely as a football fan that you claim to be, you should be able to tell which stats are better, simply by calculating their goals ratio. Like I said, no need to argue with a Ronaldo fanboy. I'm not even a Messi fan, I like them both, but to say Ronaldo is a better player, when he's just starting to catch up to Messi, is simply a joke.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by theoneJabulani(m): 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2019
THREAD CLOSED

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: AWCON 2018 - 4 - 0 (Full Time) / You Come To Our Country, You Know What Makes Us Angry And You Do It - Qatari / Emmanuel Adebayor Shares First Message As A Muslim.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.