Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

It's Time To Rise Above The Murky Aqua Of Political Jingoism.-Patrick Obahiagbon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Time To Rise Above The Murky Aqua Of Political Jingoism.-Patrick Obahiagbon (812 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" / Can Igbos Survive The Murky Waters Of Nigerian Politics? / Charades, Jingoism In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Time To Rise Above The Murky Aqua Of Political Jingoism.-Patrick Obahiagbon by sammyzacks(m): 3:39am On Jan 19, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5513787-147/lawmaker_demands_power_handover_to_jonathan.csp

Patrick Obahiagbon, the House of Representatives member who once described a Senate-House row as “megalomaniacal”, on Monday became the first lawmaker of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party to publicly demand an “immediate and formal” handover by President Umaru Yar’adua to the Vice President, Goodluck Jonathan.

Mr. Obahiagbon, who represents Oredo in Edo State, said the unpredictability of ill health might have stopped the president from transfering power to his deputy, Goodluck Jonathan. He, however, said if the president was healthy enough to sign the budget and conduct an interview with the BBC, he should also abide by section 145 of the constitution and allow his deputy assume full acting powers.

“What is all the judicial macossa dance about Mr. Vice President performing presidential functions and yet cannot function as an Acting president?” Mr. Obahiagbon said.

His comment is a departure from the silence which the National Assembly members have maintained on the president’s health, with the majority PDP members repeatedly turning down requests for comment on the issue.

The few members that have called for the conferment of full acting powers on Mr. Jonathan belong to the opposition parties, especially the Action Congress.

Not bothered about sanctions

The PDP, which has maintained there is no power vacuum in the presidency, last week said it will consider sanctions against members who express views different from the party’s position that all is well.

But Mr. Obahiagbon said he does not bother about party sanctions on him; saying he will be “bewildered” should the party “roll out punitive actions against its member who have spoken in favour of the constitution.”
Re: It's Time To Rise Above The Murky Aqua Of Political Jingoism.-Patrick Obahiagbon by A40(m): 3:56am On Jan 19, 2010
That is ma favorite Legislative member both in the Upper and Lower House. That guy cracks me up all the time with his dapper dressing and outlandish grammar
Re: It's Time To Rise Above The Murky Aqua Of Political Jingoism.-Patrick Obahiagbon by sjeezy8: 4:15am On Jan 19, 2010
sammyzacks:

Patrick Obahiagbon, the House of Representatives member who once described a Senate-House row as “megalomaniacal”, on Monday became the first lawmaker of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party to publicly demand an “immediate and formal” handover by President Umaru Yar’adua to the Vice President, Goodluck Jonathan.

“What is all the judicial macossa dance about Mr. Vice President performing presidential functions and yet cannot function as an Acting president?” Mr. Obahiagbon said.

lmfao i needed a good laugh
Re: It's Time To Rise Above The Murky Aqua Of Political Jingoism.-Patrick Obahiagbon by princekevo(m): 7:15am On Jan 19, 2010

Please i would be back, let me get my dictionary first. grin grin grin grin
Re: It's Time To Rise Above The Murky Aqua Of Political Jingoism.-Patrick Obahiagbon by Kx: 8:14am On Jan 19, 2010
Each time i watch this man's interviews,i wish Pastor Chris Okotie
was a legislator.A combination of the duo's grammer will be simply
megalomaniacal (copyright Patrick Obahiagbon).

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Gowon, Shagari, Shonekan Ask Yar'adua To Write Vacation Letter. / Lagos Assembly Sets Up C’ttee To Investigate Fashola / Good News - Yar’adua Speaks With Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.