Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,083 members, 7,811,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? (34657 Views)

Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Gbe Body Inside A White Garment Church (Photos) / White Garment Church Members Twerk In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by thobby4(m): 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
Aregs:
Your assertion is wrong, its just a general thing but each individual religious beliefs is why they keep it. If I attend a gospel church and have a new born baby, I'm allowed to cut his hair but in white garment churches I might have gotten a message not to touch the child's hair. Rastafarians have the largest amount of natural dreadlock but do they attend white garment church?
. Those Rastafarians are influence by their smoking habits

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by elda2303(m): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
darkid1:
Would give you the two strongest reasons amongst others:
1.) Most of those kids are given prophesies that their hair should not be cut from birth to certain ages , and that mostly results in the dreds as its common for the hair of we negros to take such form.

2.) White garment churches generally believe that dred locked people have certain spiritual leverage to normal people... Reasons , i dont know . Hence most of their parents happily groom their children hair to follow that path..

I stand to remain corrected. If you find the above wrong, feel free to correct.

True

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by hopefulLandlord: 1:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
KinSlayer:

guy lets be friends

abeg

i beg you.

please
Thanks for the compliment bro
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by akin33(m): 1:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
Because they are possessed with demons that look like that. it is a person. that is highly possessed with marine spirit that prophesy. pls, don't be deceived, dada (dreadlock) for a not mean that someone is a prophet. We have number of persons in the Bi le history who did not have dreadlock before carrying out God task. Only Samson the Bible recorded to have dreadlock. Before Samson was born, they have been a prophecy that his mother should not drink alcohol and the child hair should not be cut. Outside Samson, anyone you see with such dirty hair must be possessed with strange spirit please.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Student125(m): 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
ugofr:
lies, we don't cut hair in my family till you are one yr and above, we do not have dada and nobody has it in my family, married now and I still observe that rite, there is nothing like dada on their hair. ..... I am a Christian, Roman Catholic.
Till u are one...listen to yourself. do u expect dada to be fully established at one? y not leave till 5yrs and c d result.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Student125(m): 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
kpaminose:
You're the ignorant one here. Are you trying to tell me there's nothing like spirituality? And who shaves hair 8 days after shaving? Is it the Igbos that has the highest numbers of Sabatharians and even non Sabbatharians practice an indigenous naming culture similar to the Jewish naming culture which all spiritual churches also follow?
I don't have time to argue, I gve up on u
Since there is spirituality, you don't want to think outside spirituality.
Someone said they don't till one year, the point is they still cut the birth hair before it fully establish to dread.
Check those with natural dread, they have not cut it since birth.
Unless you have someone that after cutting ( wether 8days - 12months or maybe 24month) still grow dread naturally after the cut, then you can comeup with another argument.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 1:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
Student125:

I don't have time to argue, I gve up on u
Since there is spirituality, you don't want to think outside spirituality.
Someone said they don't till one year, the point is they still cut the birth hair before it fully establish to dread.
Check those with natural dread, they have not cut it since birth.
Unless you have someone that after cutting ( wether 8days - 12months or maybe 24month) still grow dread naturally after the cut, then you can comeup with another argument.
There's no laws in spiritual churches where they don't cut hairs till one year. And there is no where that dreadlocks grows out after cutting out the first original natural hair. so is your point that there's nothing like natural dread?
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 1:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
Student125:

Till u are one...listen to yourself. do u expect dada to be fully established at one? y not leave till 5yrs and c d result.
You sound stupid. Dada starts becoming visible immediately at birth on babies of spiritual churches. I have 3 cousins that were dada and they were not going to spiritual churches. their parents don't follow any spiritual laws. It's not only spiritual churches that give birth to dada children. But the point here is that it's much more prevalent in spiritual churches.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by SalamRushdie: 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
luminouz:

Really even those Rastafarians from Jamaica go to cele undecided

Read my comment well again
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by SalamRushdie: 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
kpaminose:
You sound stupid. Dada starts becoming visible immediately at birth on babies of spiritual churches. I have 3 cousins that were dada and they were not going to spiritual churches. their parents don't follow any spiritual laws. It's not only spiritual churches that give birth to dada children. But the point here is that it's much more prevalent in spiritual churches.

Do you follow thier parent about in the night when they slip into white garment church secretly to seek the future?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Do you follow thier parent about in the night when they slip into white garment church secretly to seek the future?
No. so you might be right. depends on your point. I know it's more prevalent in spiritual churches than it is with other denomination, other religions and atheists. What exactly is your point? that all natural dreadlocks are spiritually influenced?
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by samijay8(m): 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
Aromas:

I disagree with you, they are naturally blessed with it.
its artificial because a child can have it but if they cut the child's hair within few days of birth. don't think he's gonna have dread. it doesn't come the second time
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by samijay8(m): 2:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
DaudaAbu:

seriously

Nobody is born dada. I remember we once had a neighbour whose child had the dread

One of my sibling who is just few years older than the child cut off some,of the hair with scissors and the mum came to our house crying that herchild is going to die

Because their are supposed to be some rituals/ prayers carried out nefore the dread is cut else the child would die. our parent assured them nothing will happen

And that boy is still alive today
Lol. people believing fake stuff since 1500. if they haven't cut the hair. the innocent boy go still be carry load till now

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by SalamRushdie: 2:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
kpaminose:
No. so you might be right. depends on your point. I know it's more prevalent in spiritual churches than it is with other denomination, other religions and atheists. What exactly is your point? that all natural dreadlocks are spiritually influenced?

No , but I have followed the one the ones in Nigeria for a while and found out the all have link to white garment churches

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
luminouz:

mind your business!
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:

No , but I have followed the one the ones in Nigeria for a while and found out the all have link to white garment churches
Yes, most of them have links with spiritual churches but if there are a slight number of them that are not spiritually linked anywhere else in the world, there is a chance of it happening in Nigeria too. Those places with less prevalence has some natural non spiritual dada. I don't think all of them are spiritual.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Marpol: 2:40pm On Jun 04, 2017
49cents:
I have observed with fascination that Churches like Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim and seraphim and other white garment churches have a good number of their male members and Prophets having natural dreads locally called Dada......they wil even afix small crucifixes within it..

Am I the only one who has seen this?

When you don't cut or groom your hair for a long time it tangles and becomes dreads.

Most white garment members don't cut their kids hair from infancy and as such it tangles.

And when they comb an infant hair and he or she cries too much they take it as a sign that his hair shouldn't be touched.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
akin33:
Because they are possessed with demons that look like that. it is a person. that is highly possessed with marine spirit that prophesy. pls, don't be deceived, dada (dreadlock) for a not mean that someone is a prophet. We have number of persons in the Bi le history who did not have dreadlock before carrying out God task. Only Samson the Bible recorded to have dreadlock. Before Samson was born, they have been a prophecy that his mother should not drink alcohol and the child hair should not be cut. Outside Samson, anyone you see with such dirty hair must be possessed with strange spirit please.
what about John the Baptist? Was he possessed?
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
Marpol:

When you don't cut or groom your hair for a long time it tangles and becomes dreads.

Most white garment members don't cut their kids hair from infancy and as such it tangles.

And when they comb an infant hair and he or she cries too much they take it as a sign that his hair shouldn't be touched.
Wrong. They start from infancy. It's only someone that's a dada that has a law of not touching his head. You got it all mixed up.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by luminouz(m): 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
Nma27:
mind your business!
*rolls eyes* undecided
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by PrinceKenne(m): 2:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
49cents:
I have observed with fascination that Churches like Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim and seraphim and other white garment churches have a good number of their male members and Prophets having natural dreads locally called Dada......they wil even afix small crucifixes within it..

Am I the only one who has seen this?

Op if you have a new born baby, without any prophecy from any angle, just leave the hair there unshaven for few years, don't be surprise that what it grows to be is dreadlocks.
So the churches you mentioned above prefer to be identified with few of the prophets in the old testament of the bible by following that part.
Meanwhile, leaving your hair shaven or unshaven doesn't make you a special child before God but the relationship you grow to create with Him.
Happy Sunday.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Student125(m): 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
kpaminose:
I dnt want to do this but I think u lack common sense. Go back and read all my comments on this issue, if u really have something up there u would comprehend my point that we are all bound to have natural dread (dada) but cuz at a point we cut it. whether 8days after birth, one year or when they are fully established, once u cut it (birth hair), dada is gone for good.
And I even said go check history of those having dada on their head, they've not cut the first hair since birth.
So why attach spirituality with something obvious.
I won't reply ur mention again bye.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Student125(m): 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
kpaminose:
There's no laws in spiritual churches where they don't cut hairs till one year. And there is no where that dreadlocks grows out after cutting out the first original natural hair. so is your point that there's nothing like natural dread?
Your IQ is soo low u can't comprehend simple things, I know u will be good @ something else but not logical reasoning.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
Student125:

I dnt want to do this but I think u lack common sense. Go back and read all my comments on this issue, if u really have something up there u would comprehend my point that we are all bound to have natural dread (dada) but cuz at a point we cut it. whether 8days after birth, one year or when they are fully established, once u cut it (birth hair), dada is gone for good.
And I even said go check history of those having dada on their head, they've not cut the first hair since birth.
So why attach spirituality with something obvious.
I won't reply ur mention again bye.
You are a student that has refused to learn because you think you know better than your teachers. I pity your teachers and lecturers.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
And for some people that don't know, Rastafarism is a very spiritual religion that started in Jamaica. Rastafarais are some of the most spiritual people in the world that can only be compared with the Hindus. Though the religion is somewhat like a movement but it's a religious movement that has a very high spirituality

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by toprealman: 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
MostBanned:
They wear it for Spiritual Fulfillment

Dreadlocks started as a spiritual obligation in biblical times, Samson as a case-study
You've not addressed the matter. Question is why is it rampant amongst this group of people?
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
luminouz:

*rolls eyes* undecided
Gerrout!
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by emmanuelpopson(m): 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
reason is because the hair is allowed to grow without any combing nor shaving.. as a new born baby,the hair is simultaneously growing with your body and imagine hair is untouched and left to develop on its own. you will know that the hair will intertwined and form dreadlocks ...
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Chiquitq(f): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
Having natural dreads and keeping it is as a reult of negative forces. Why they are common among certain churches is based on this same reason. Everyone in Nigeria with natural dreads either attends such churches or has parents who attend and imposed this practise or has parents who at one time or the other consulted 'spiritualists' in the hope of affecting their future or solving present problems. This is the way the negative forces enters their soul. Read more http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritual-life/how-to-not-get-dreadlocks
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by omoelerin1: 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
kowema:
Lol. Dey are direct descendants of Prophet Elijah
was elijah a dada?
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by omoelerin1: 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
lx3as:

In Yorubaland, any family bearing the surname 'Dada' has dreadlocks gene in the family; and it has been from generation to generation. All the true born in the family will have it. some are highly spiritual and some rituals and prayers needed to be carried out before the first haircut; due to Christianity and Islam, this is no longer carried out by some families.

C&S, etc are traditional Yoruba churches, they believe in this spirituality of dreadlocks and their members readily have them naturally or by not combing or haircutting.
which one is traditional yoruba church? that means there traditional european churches
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by luminouz(m): 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
Nma27:
Gerrout!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eid-el-kabir: Church Distributes Food, Cash To Muslims In Kaduna State (photo) / Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven / Native Doctor Claims A Family Member Is Responsible For Death Of 6 Kids In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.