Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? (34660 Views)

Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Gbe Body Inside A White Garment Church (Photos) / White Garment Church Members Twerk In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by omoelerin1: 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
akin33:
Because they are possessed with demons that look like that. it is a person. that is highly possessed with marine spirit that prophesy. pls, don't be deceived, dada (dreadlock) for a not mean that someone is a prophet. We have number of persons in the Bi le history who did not have dreadlock before carrying out God task. Only Samson the Bible recorded to have dreadlock. Before Samson was born, they have been a prophecy that his mother should not drink alcohol and the child hair should not be cut. Outside Samson, anyone you see with such dirty hair must be possessed with strange spirit please.
Apparently, you have shallow knowledge of the scripture and lack spiritual discernment
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kemmary: 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
ugofr:
lies, we don't cut hair in my family till you are one yr and above, we do not have dada and nobody has it in my family, married now and I still observe that rite, there is nothing like dada on their hair. ..... I am a Christian, Roman Catholic.
practice not combing your hair for a year and see if it will not turn to dada.

For those kids with Dada, they do not comb their hairs from day one. We Nigerians, our hair texture has d tendency to form dreads if not combed from the day we were born.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Marpol: 5:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
kpaminose:
Wrong. They start from infancy. It's only someone that's a dada that has a law of not touching his head. You got it all mixed up.

Go back and read what I wrote slowly! Then read what you wrote.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
ugofr:
lies, we don't cut hair in my family till you are one yr and above, we do not have dada and nobody has it in my family, married now and I still observe that rite, there is nothing like dada on their hair. ..... I am a Christian, Roman Catholic.
I Concur With You Auntie...

I Didn't Cut Mine Till I Was Two, And There Was No Dread... Its The Same In My Family.

Still Wondering Where They Got That Fact From...

I Think Dreads Form Naturally If You Dnt Comb Nor Cut The Child's Hair From Birth... Nothing Spiritual... (MY OPINION)

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by ugofr(f): 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
Student125:

Till u are one...listen to yourself. do u expect dada to be fully established at one? y not leave till 5yrs and c d result.
lol, my eldest brother had his first haircut on his sixth birthday, mine was longer than that, the lowest is the second to last at 2yrs cos he's hairy. don't come online and type things you don't know.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by ugofr(f): 5:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
kemmary:
practice not combing your hair for a year and see if it will not turn to dada.

For those kids with Dada, they do not comb their hairs from day one. We Nigerians, our hair texture has d tendency to form dreads if not combed from the day we were born.
unless that but we comb and wash the hair twice a day. if the hair is not wet, u can't comb it thoroughly.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by ugofr(f): 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
Dreamswayne:
I Concur With You Auntie...

I Didn't Cut Mine Till I Was Two, And There Was No Dread... Its The Same In My Family.

Still Wondering Where They Got That Fact From...

I Think Dreads Form Naturally If You Dnt Comb Nor Cut The Child's Hair From Birth... Nothing Spiritual... (MY OPINION)
beautiful curly hair that makes babies look cute.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
ugofr:
beautiful curly hair that makes babies look cute.
Yeah, It Makes Them Really Cute...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Student125(m): 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
ugofr:
lol, my eldest brother had his first haircut on his sixth birthday, mine was longer than that, the lowest is the second to last at 2yrs cos he's hairy. don't come online and type things you don't know.
You maybe right but I disagree with that 6years, birth hair for 6yrs and it didn't turn to dread?
Hw can u b so sure that's the first cut in both ur elder brother's case and urs. I am confident u can't even recall everything that happened when you are 2 nt to talk of ur brother.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by ugofr(f): 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
Student125:

You maybe right but I disagree with that 6years, birth hair for 6yrs and it didn't turn to dread?
Hw can u b so sure that's the first cut in both ur elder brother's case and urs. I am confident u can't even recall everything that happened when you are 2 nt to talk of ur brother.
I don't need to explain myself to you. no strength to argue. thank you
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by MostBanned: 6:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
toprealman:
You've not addressed the matter. Question is why is it rampant amongst this group of people?

Oga are you blind, i just gave a reason why i think it's rampant
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by boogie2: 6:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
Men. This guy student125 seems to be the only educated African here. 90% of negroid hair will turn dread without combing. I have experienced this first hand.
Although some negroid hair are more prone to dread than others. The word to use is nappy. Nappy hair turn dread faster.

Student125:

I don't have time to argue, I gve up on u
Since there is spirituality, you don't want to think outside spirituality.
Someone said they don't till one year, the point is they still cut the birth hair before it fully establish to dread.
Check those with natural dread, they have not cut it since birth.
Unless you have someone that after cutting ( wether 8days - 12months or maybe 24month) still grow dread naturally after the cut, then you can comeup with another argument.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by boogie2: 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
The negroid hair will turn dread without combing. Not necessarily without cutting. I once left my hair without combing and got a beautiful dread under a year. U can try it too.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by toprealman: 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
MostBanned:

Oga are you blind, i just gave a reason why i think it's rampant
You thought you did but unfortunately you didn't!
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by GuntersChain(m): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
Numbers6:1-21 you will find the answer there.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by MostBanned: 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
toprealman:
You thought you did but unfortunately you didn't!

K
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by leomarz007: 10:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
maestro decomedian, does your family priests prepare eminado?

Before someone go come ask me how I take know say dem dey wish for dread spiritually, I have numerous white garment priests In my family. [/quote]
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by ariklawani(f): 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
49cents:
I have observed with fascination that Churches like Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim and seraphim and other white garment churches have a good number of their male members and Prophets having natural dreads locally called Dada......they wil even afix small crucifixes within it..

Am I the only one who has seen this?
.I keep asking the same question. no definitel answer
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by redcurry(f): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
TheAlchemist:
When your barber carries a dada be very very very careful... i would advise you run away from such a barber... from a nasty experience.. a word of advise is good for the wise!
pls tell us more.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
New International Version - Judges 16:13.

Delilah then said to Samson, "All this time you have been making a fool of me and lying to me. Tell me how you can be tied." He replied, "If you weave the seven BRAIDS of my head into the fabric on the loom and tighten it with the pin, I'll become as weak as any other man." So while he was sleeping, Delilah took the seven BRAIDS of his head, wove them into the fabric.

King James Bible - Judges 16:13

And Delilah said unto Samson, Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. And he said unto her, If thou weavest the seven LOCKS of my head with the web.

Even Samson had dreadlocks.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by lx3as(m): 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
omoelerin1:
which one is traditional yoruba church? that means there traditional european churches

Roman Catholics emerged from mixture of Roman traditions with Christianity; so also Anglican, Methodist and Baptist Church emerged from UK. There are lots of Yoruba Tradition in Celestial, C&S, CAC, etc. There are traces of ancient Aramaic in Yoruba culture, You wonder why there is Solomon or Eternal knots design on Aare crown of Ooni that was made centuries ago. Have you asked yourself why Celestial or C&S members make use of Aramaic (the language that gave birth to Arabic, Hebrew, and Phoenician), lots of candles, soaps, bathing, water, etc for prayers; also dreads?
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by ArcToyin(m): 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
Ololanla:
Not all are natural, a number of them do it artificially.
Blunt lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? / Eid-el-kabir: Church Distributes Food, Cash To Muslims In Kaduna State (photo) / Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.