Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? (34662 Views)

Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Gbe Body Inside A White Garment Church (Photos) / White Garment Church Members Twerk In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Dashmann: 10:51am On Jun 04, 2017
ask a white garment person
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Temmytea70(m): 10:53am On Jun 04, 2017
Nma27:
That last Dada guy is d bomb! I don't mind that one at all.

you should see my dada
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by realestniggah: 10:54am On Jun 04, 2017
it the gene
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by bonifieldstun(m): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2017
Dem wan copy Samson, because Bible talk say he get dada na y dem dey keep dada,

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by lazeal: 11:01am On Jun 04, 2017
49cents:
I have observed with fascination that Churches like Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim and seraphim and other white garment churches have a good number of their male members and Prophets having natural dreads locally called Dada......they wil even afix small crucifixes within it..

Am I the only one who has seen this?
bros, the cele in my area, 3 in every child is "dada" as in no jokes. it is so rampant among the kids.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by MONITZ: 11:02am On Jun 04, 2017
DaudaAbu:

seriously

Nobody is born dada. I remember we once had a neighbour whose child had the dread

One of my sibling who is just few years older than the child cut off some,of the hair with scissors and the mum came to our house crying that herchild is going to die

Because their are supposed to be some rituals/ prayers carried out nefore the dread is cut else the child would die. our parent assured them nothing will happen

And that boy is still alive today

Oga, say wat u know, re u Yoruba? If u re then I would want u to explain what the name Dada means since u claim that nobody is born with dreadlocks!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by biuty20: 11:02am On Jun 04, 2017
I like dreads
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 11:09am On Jun 04, 2017
I see some cynics and skeptics trying to argue this. A high number of members of spiritual churches have natural dreads. this is not a thing of keeping it for their spiritual belief neither is it a matter of artificial. they don't do artificial dreads in spiritual churches. almost all children born in spiritual churches are dreads and majority of them cut it but there are many rituals they perform before cutting it. Carrying artificial a taboo in spiritual churches except you are ready to follow the laws that goes with it like not touching dead bodies of humans and animals, not drinking etc and how many people are ready to do artificial dreads and keep these laws? And for those saying they keep dreads because of their believe, the opposite is the case, A high percentage of those born with dreadlocks get it cut after performing all the required rituals to avoid the wrath of breaking the laws of that goes with it. In spiritual churches, dreads are not just a fashion, it has a very strong spiritual symbolism that not doing it has some very strong negative effects and nobody is willing to risk that

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 11:16am On Jun 04, 2017
petsarena:
Something must be behind it,have seen children from same parents all born with dreads. I notice that because of their belief, some parents who attend these white garment churches even allow the hair of their new born to matt so as to be dada.

Lies. nobody allows hairs to matt. Majority of those born with dreads are shaved off at a young age after the required ritual. stop saying what you don't know
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2017
basically because they don't cut the air at birth and probably didn't comb it subsequently then there you have the twined spaghetti...

have you ever heard a prophet from history with dreads?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Femich18(m): 11:21am On Jun 04, 2017
tomsongz:
They allow their kids hair to loc no combing from day 1
You are totally wrong... It's a natural thing
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by rapheal5(m): 11:21am On Jun 04, 2017
Stop saying what you don't know, I was born naturally with 3 hair (DADA) and after 6month I got little once in form of Dada to replace the first 3 then the 3 dropped off....Mom got the message before my birth....C&S 4 REAL[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Mhissgaga(f): 11:23am On Jun 04, 2017
DaudaAbu:

seriously

Nobody is born dada. I remember we once had a neighbour whose child had the dread

One of my sibling who is just few years older than the child cut off some,of the hair with scissors and the mum came to our house crying that herchild is going to die

Because their are supposed to be some rituals/ prayers carried out nefore the dread is cut else the child would die. our parent assured them nothing will happen

And that boy is still alive today

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Student125(m): 11:23am On Jun 04, 2017
The question you guys should be asking is
1) Why do we have it only on white garment church members.
2) Have you seen a Muslim with natural dread before?
3) Why do some cut it at a point and it will never grow again after that.
The answer is simple, natural dread occur when you refuse to shave off the first hair from birth, maybe according to their doctrine, they don't shave their hair after birth. Just imagine what will be of a hair not shaved from birth to 2yrs.
oh u don't still get it, imagine not cutting ur hair for 12months nt to talk of leaving a curly hair from birth to 24months.
I don't know if this is applicable to whites but if we all decide not to barb the first air from birth, we will all have natural dread(dada).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Akinloye1095: 11:52am On Jun 04, 2017
The reason is that most of them don't normally shave the head of their new born baby after birth. If child is born and his/her hair is not shave, there's a great probability of having deadlock

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Originalsly: 12:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
For spiritual reasons or not..... dada is the natural path for the hair of Blacks. So why exactly do sooo many of us have a problem with dada?....and not permed hair?...are we that self hating?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by luminouz(m): 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
Nma27:
That last Dada guy is d bomb! I don't mind that one at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by luminouz(m): 12:06pm On Jun 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:
White garment churches actually practice dadaism and not Christianity ..you will note Nigerian even call dreads Dada which comes the word dadaism...İn my personal research I have found out that anyone with Natural congenital dreads has parents that have one time been to a celestial church to pray for a child
Really even those Rastafarians from Jamaica go to cele undecided

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
Student125:
The answer is simple, natural dread occur when you refuse to shave off the first hair from birth, maybe according to their doctrine, they don't shave their hair after birth. Just imagine what will be of a hair not shaved from birth to 2yrs.
oh u don't still get it, imagine not cutting ur hair for 12months nt to talk of leaving a curly hair from birth to 24months.
I don't know if this is applicable to whites but if we all decide not to barb the first air from birth, we will all have natural dread(dada).
You do not know what you are talking about. So keep shut
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Edum13656: 12:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
...their way of worship and other churches are going naked to church.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 12:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
Akinloye1095:
The reason is that most of them don't normally shave the head of their new born baby after birth. If child is born and his/her hair is not shave, there's a great probability of having deadlock
who shaves a babies hair immediately after birth? You do't know what you're talking about. Just keep shut. All over the world, I noticed dreadlocks are more prevalent in two groups. The Jamaica Rastafarians and the Nigerian spiritual churches. I don't know how the Jamaicans do theirs but I'm certain the spiritual churches don't do anything on theirs. It's what I've witnessed. Traces of dada starts showing immediately after birth. so I think those talking about shaving and combing don't even have any idea about this. It's a spiritual stuff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
SalamRushdie:
White garment churches actually practice dadaism and not Christianity ..you will note Nigerian even call dreads Dada which comes the word dadaism...İn my personal research I have found out that anyone with Natural congenital dreads has parents that have one time been to a celestial church to pray for a child

Absolutely. Anything is possible from a Christian cult

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by lx3as(m): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Children with natural Dreads are very common the West compared to the South and East

Don't know why sad

In Yorubaland, any family bearing the surname 'Dada' has dreadlocks gene in the family; and it has been from generation to generation. All the true born in the family will have it. some are highly spiritual and some rituals and prayers needed to be carried out before the first haircut; due to Christianity and Islam, this is no longer carried out by some families.

C&S, etc are traditional Yoruba churches, they believe in this spirituality of dreadlocks and their members readily have them naturally or by not combing or haircutting.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Student125(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
kpaminose:
You do not know what you are talking about. So keep shut
You tell me what u know
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Student125(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
kpaminose:
who shaves a babies hair immediately after birth? You do't know what you're talking about. Just keep shut. All over the world, I noticed dreadlocks are more prevalent in two groups. The Jamaica Rastafarians and the Nigerian spiritual churches. I don't know how the Jamaicans do theirs but I'm certain the spiritual churches don't do anything on theirs. It's what I've witnessed. Traces of dada starts showing immediately after birth. so I think those talking about shaving and combing don't even have any idea about this. It's a spiritual stuff
You just showed how ignorant you are.. y do you always term everything spiritual in Nigeria, no wonder Nigeria is like this. I guess twin are still demon and so they shld b killed(ur spiritual).
And for your info, most people shave off their new born babies hair 8days after birth for the naming.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kpaminose: 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
Student125:

You just showed how ignorant you are.. y do you always term everything spiritual in Nigeria, no wonder Nigeria is like this. I guess twin are still demon and so they shld b killed(ur spiritual).
And for your info, most people shave off their new born babies hair 8days after birth for the naming.
You're the ignorant one here. Are you trying to tell me there's nothing like spirituality? And who shaves hair 8 days after shaving? Is it the Igbos that has the highest numbers of Sabatharians and even non Sabbatharians practice an indigenous naming culture similar to the Jewish naming culture which all spiritual churches also follow?
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by TheAlchemist: 12:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
When your barber carries a dada be very very very careful... i would advise you run away from such a barber... from a nasty experience.. a word of advise is good for the wise!
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by tonykel1(m): 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
It is simply because of not combing the child's hair from birth believing that as the dread forms, it comes with spiritual power. This form into dread and locks overtime....as the child grows. However, there is nothing spiritual about them.Period

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by ugofr(f): 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
Student125:
lies, we don't cut hair in my family till you are one yr and above, we do not have dada and nobody has it in my family, married now and I still observe that rite, there is nothing like dada on their hair. ..... I am a Christian, Roman Catholic.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by KinSlayer: 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
very good question

I dedicate this FTC to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the true God that created everything

may his holy appendage keep touching our lives, R'Amen

guy lets be friends

abeg

i beg you.

please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eid-el-kabir: Church Distributes Food, Cash To Muslims In Kaduna State (photo) / Is Frosbel Now An Atheist ? / Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.