Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

"Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective (20585 Views)

Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat? / A Christian Perspective To Nation Building By Deji Yesufu / Stephanie Otobo: "I Was Not Paid To Confess, I Will Name My Sponsors In Court" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by diva90: 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
No! You only owe that to God
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ayusco85(m): 2:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
fastgyal:
A man can
A woman shouldn't.

Typical naija girl.

Lagos girl at that.

Wehdone ma

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by KKKWHITE(m): 2:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
it just has to be done.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Akynzodeighbour(m): 2:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
Hmm
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by GodwinTobi(m): 2:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
For me it's no for these reasons; 1. Trust will be broken 2. Love will be lost 3. It may lead to divorce ( And we know God says " I hate divorce). I will rather confess my sins ( adultery) to God. He alone can truly forgive. P.S wisdom is profitable to direct...

3 Likes

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by InvertedHammer: 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
Before you shout hallelujah, remember that this could be a fiction or non-fiction from a stranger.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by coliform: 2:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
It is necessary you tell your spouse so that he/she may be aware and also forgive you too... because you have wronged him/her... Furthermore, so as not to have the gut to go back into it again.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Cocolatti(m): 2:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
fastgyal:
A man can A woman shouldn't.
Are you serious?
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by lajoshua: 2:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
taylor88:
I taught it was about the last night thread

not knowing it's a brand new comin from another unfaithful lover

thank God i don't love

just give u money fuccckkk u till i seize to breath

if u be the type wey don stress me d fuukkkk no go get part 2

if my mum never com draw me for leg am not standing up
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ShaqFu: 2:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
ephi321:
Does that apply to the men as well? Cos I can see someone cc 1stoctober the lady who opened a thread yesterday.

When married men cheat, you don't see them debating whether or not to tell their wives, or having a bothered conscience.

Rules and standards should apply to both genders. Full stop.
I believe the message is crystal for everyone to read and heed to its warning.

Remember the word conscience is the OP. Never forget. The Married men who cheat on their wives don't get pricked by their conscience.

So, it's a thing of conscience, if you cheat and your conscience prick you, then go ahead and confess. If not, keep on pricking.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Slurity(m): 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
not necessarily, a true Christian is expected to always be led by holy spirit which will tell you what to do at every situation
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ephi321(f): 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
ShaqFu:
I believe the message is crystal for everyone to read and heed to its warning.

Remember the word conscience is the OP. Never forget. The Married men who cheat on their wives don't get pricked by their conscience.

So, it's a thing of conscience, if you cheat and your conscience prick you, then go ahead and confess. If not, keep on pricking.

As long as all you've typed applied to everyone, both male and female, no wahala. There is no debate about it.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by AreaFada2: 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2017
fastgyal:
A man can
A woman shouldn't.
I get your point. Because it may turn out the kids do not belong to the man after all, right? After all a large number of kids especially first born ones, do not. grin cheesy

Deception in perpetuity is great, right?

Cheap DNA kits will soon be available.

2 Likes

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ShaqFu: 2:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
ephi321:

As long as all you've typed applied to everyone, both male and female, no wahala. There is no debate about it.
I'm sure you thought it only apply to men, abi. tongue
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ephi321(f): 2:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
ShaqFu:
I'm sure you thought it only apply to men, abi. tongue

nope tongue my opinion is it should be for both, but you and I know the Nigerian society typically would only expect that to apply to the women.

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ofonkind: 2:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
fastgyal:
A man can
A woman shouldn't.

Oh because a man has two heads. That's stupid entitlement. Rules applies to both.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ShaqFu: 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
ephi321:

nope tongue my opinion is it should be for both, but you and I know the Nigerian society typically would only expect that to apply to the women.
The society dictates what it wants and will, those who deviate from societal norms are deviants, simple.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by demoBaba: 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
This people pass my power
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by 9jatatafo(m): 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
How do people differentiate the voice of the Holy Ghost from that of Jesus Christ and Almighty God still amazes me. You knew God from the onset still you went ahead and spread your legs wide open to another man knowing too well that you were married. make sure it don't repeat itself again should your husband deny you time and care
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ogologoamu: 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
kasheemawo:
undecided
Why always Christians
Tell them to marry more than one wife to curtail adulterous life they will say God created only Adam and eve
Where does it stated in bible that man should marry one wife? They won't tell you
So many cases of raping underage girls by pastors too

Marrying many wives does not stop a man from committing adultery.

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Hydrolysis(m): 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
DeutschJunge:
marriages these days are nothing but just a sham.. its nothing but a contract between 2 people, lets live life together, give birth to children and appear to be perfect to society!
the true meaning of marriage has been lost..

if you cant tell your spouse your deepest secret, then why are they your spouse?
marriage is void these days because people have started engineering before and in marriage wisdom contrary to God's wisdom

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ephi321(f): 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
ShaqFu:
The society dictates what it wants and will, those who deviate from societal norms are deviants, simple.

That statement says nothing.
In any case, i've made my point. Whatever is expected of women, must be expected of men. One party (male) cannot be free to frolick and put the other at risk while the female is beaten over the head with guilt.

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
exlinkleads:
It does more harm than good.

To be honest, conscience is a bit.ch so is advisable not to give in to it.

Though have done that and till today, it still hunts me.

While it maybe advisable for woman to confess infidelity to their man, I can't advise the other way round.

Unless you want to die in your sleep or be bath with acid or hot oil.
you did? God, I'm afraid of marriage.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
taylor88:

thank God i don't love

grin grin grin

Una bad for here.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by softiebae: 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
confess and watch your marriage crumble
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Omoluabi16(m): 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2017
Well, I learnt that man's greatest judge is his conscience. it is absolutely necessary to confess such sins to your spouse for total atonement and a clear conscience. Someone said you confess to God only... meanwhile committing adultery was a Sin against God, AND YOUR SPOUSE. Guilt is a terrible burden, for those whose conscience is still alive. No secret wey no go come out last last. Confession brings consequences most definitely and she/he must be able to bear that.Brace yourself for whatever comes..your husband may chase you out, but he will forever admire your sincerity in clearing your conscience.
The God factor: This kind of confession must be done prayerfully with a contrite heart. people do worse and get forgiveness, God can touch a heart and he'll still accept, forgive and cherish you. Who knows if he too wants to confess some dark things?

Easier said than done.. but doing the right thing is paramount, for your own sake.

cc: istoctober

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ibkkk(f): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
Personally, i won't. Before you know what's up, the man's gonna use it against you.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Softhands(m): 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
GodwinTobi:
For me it's no for these reasons;
1. Trust will be broken
2. Love will be lost
3. It may lead to divorce ( And we know God says " I hate divorce).
I will rather confess my sins ( adultery) to God. He alone can truly forgive.
P.S wisdom is profitable to direct...
fuc.k you one million times!

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by hayboss: 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
taylor88:

thank God i don't love

It's still about the thread grin grin
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Omoluabi16(m): 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
ephi321:

That statement says nothing.
In any case, i've made my point. Whatever is expected of women, must be expected of men. One party (male) cannot be free to frolick and put the other at risk while the female is beaten over the head with guilt.
do males even confess? society has made it acceptable for us. Such behaviour has been normalised to the extent the wife is in the know, but is helpless.

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ephi321(f): 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
Omoluabi16:
do males even confess? society has made it acceptable for us. Such behaviour has been normalised to the extent the wife is in the know, but is helpless.

Exactly my point. It's such a norm that men that don't indulge in extramarital affairs are now seen as the unusual ones. I am not trying to encourage adultery on either side, but it just seems really unfair that the thread below is already 24 pages simply because it's the female. I bet most of those men advising her to confess have their bits on the side (along with the health risk it brings to their wives) but yet have the effrontery to be hitting the OP on the head with guilt.

https://www.nairaland.com/3838186/cheated-husband-want-confess-him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election: Anglican Church Releases Public Announcement / Anambra Massacre: The Day Integrity Finally Left Nigeria - By Osayimwen Osahon / The Traitors Of Christianity

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.