Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

"Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective (20580 Views)

Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat? / A Christian Perspective To Nation Building By Deji Yesufu / Stephanie Otobo: "I Was Not Paid To Confess, I Will Name My Sponsors In Court" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
Weldone. I believe there are many women outside that want to do same
jmoore:
CC: istoctober
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Koolmak(m): 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
jmoore:
CC: istoctober

Baba take am easy na, why are you throwing stones?

You can go get a megaphone, go to a market square and confess all your sin from childhood till date, since that will clear your conscience.

Please leave istoctober out of this, will you marry her when she got sent out?

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 3:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
Better learn to forgive urself first for u tell anyone
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by banmee(m): 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
fastgyal:
A man can
A woman shouldn't.

Speaking from personal experience?
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ephi321(f): 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
Koolmak:

You can go get a megaphone, go to a market square and confess all your sin from childhood till date, since that will clear your conscience.

Exactly. I don't know who made them a judge. Leave her to make her own decision, and stop putting undue pressure on her. It's her choice to make, not anyone else.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by fof1: 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=jmoore post=57183751][/quote]

VERY GOOD EXAMPLE TO FOLLOW. BUT OP DON'T ADD LYING TO UR POST," ...the guy was very caring but will ask for sexual intercourse at times,But I will refuse him" THIS ONE NA BIG LIE BCOX THE GUY LOVED AND CARED FOR U AND LOVING U MEANS U GUYS HAD UNLIMITED UNCOUNTABLE NUMEROUS SEX SESSIONS.... CALL A SPADE ITS REAL NAME SO UR STIRY LINE WILL BE COMPLETE AND COMPELLINGLY USEFUL TO ALL AND EXAMPLARY TO FOLLOW. MANY PEOPLE ARE FORCED,PUSHED,ENCOURAGED INTO ADULTEROUS RELATIONSHIP BY THEIR SPOUSES. GID WILL SHOW US MERCY.

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by oyestephen(m): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
fastgyal:
A man can A woman shouldn't.
why?
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Omoluabi16(m): 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
ephi321:

Exactly my point. It's such a norm that men that don't indulge in extramarital affairs are now seen as the unusual ones. I am not trying to encourage adultery on either side, but it just seems really unfair that the thread below is already 24 pages simply because it's the female. I bet most of those men advising her to confess have their bits on the side (along with the health risk it brings to their wives) but yet have the effrontery to be hitting the OP on the head with guilt.

https://www.nairaland.com/3838186/cheated-husband-want-confess-him
Well I also want her to confess, not because I'm bashing her or filling her head with guilt, but because it is the right thing to do. Read my earlier post here and you'll see why I think so.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by fof1: 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
taylor88:
I taught it was about the last night thread

not knowing it's a brand new comin from another unfaithful lover

thank God i don't love

just give u money fuccckkk u till i seize to breath

if u be the type wey don stress me d fuukkkk no go get part 2

if my mum never com draw me for leg am not standing up

THEN U WILL AND WILL DIE IN UR SLEEP,..."SEIZE TO BREATH"? GOD FORGIVE UR ATROCITIES.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by hathiba: 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
hmmm, whatever challenges we might face in life, there are choices embedded. no one has the capacity to drag anyone I to what he or she does not want to do per time. the misbehavior of husband is not expected to drive a woman into a nasty way of life and vice versa. whatever we choose to do only draw out our innate tendencies and wat we are capable of doing . the Bible says if u fail in the days of adversity, then your strength is small. the essence of marital institution is if one falls, the other should lift him up. if a man or woman decided to cheat as a payback, then they are not Godlly. the bible says flee appearances of evil... many people saw the appearance bt they still stayed ... Tis well
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ephi321(f): 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Well I also want her to confess, not because I'm bashing her or filling her head with guilt, but because it is the right thing to do. Read my earlier post here and you'll see why I think so.

Yes, I read your earlier post, I was the one who liked it. I agree with your stance - particularly the last line. What's annoying me is the double standard and how people who probably do worse in their own personal lives are taking her on a guilt-trip. She needs to make that decision herself and be ready for its consequences.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by fof1: 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
triplecare:
Thanks, OP, finally a true Christian.

I read on the last thread how many supposed Christians were advising the adulterous woman not to confess claiming that God has forgiven her hence no need to confess to her husband.

Are you guys even serious, this just opened my eyes to why religion is a big problem in Nigeria and perhaps Africa as a whole.

We simply use religion to perpetrate evil.

You broke the vow you made to the man to love him and him only before God and man, and you couldn't keep that vow, yet you want to continue to live with him dishonesty.

I am not even a religious fellow yet I know that every single day you live with him is a lie, every smile to him is a lie, every kind gesture you extend to him is a lie since you have broken your marriage vows.

In the western world, many pagans/atheists have confessed their infidelity to their partners, because they couldn't live with it but BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS here are saying God has forgiven her and hence, she doesn't need to ask for forgiveness from her husband.

So when let's assume the husband finds out on his own, what will she tell him? That she has prayed for forgiveness and God has forgiven her?

If you don't confess to him, you have not truly repented, you will only kill your conscience, and soon you will find yourself committing adultery again and again, until you won't feel bad about it again.

That voice in your head telling you to confess is the voice of God, the one telling you otherwise is that of the devil.

People have been forgiven for weightier offenses, marriages have been broken because of lighter issues so don't just assume.

I am not saying it is going to be easy, but as a good human being, it has to be done.

NB:
On the oyinbo people thread, the Christians advised her to confess to her husband
On our Nigerian thread, most Christians are advising her to hide her dishonesty to save her marriage
Doesn't this tell you something about our kind of religionism?

THIS IS D TRUE MANIFESTATION OF HYPOCRISY AND DECEITFUL LIVING WHICH HAD DENIED MANY TRUE BREAKTHROUGH, REASON MANY PEOPLES' CONSCIENCE ARE DEAD AND CAN'T PRAY THROUGH TO GOD FOR ENDURING ANSWERS TO THEIR PRAYERS.TRUE CHRISTIANITY TEACHES CONFESSIONS AND COMPLETE HEALINGS. SO MOST BORN AGAIN THESE DAYS ARE FAKE. OLD TIME REVIVAL AND OLD TIME CHRISTIANITY TEACHES OTHERWISE WHICH BUILDS SAINTS AT HEART NOT DECEITFUL LIFE STYLES PUT FORWARD TODAY BY PASTOR,LEADERS AND D PEW OR MEMBERS.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by fof1: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
ephi321:
Does that apply to the men as well? Cos I can see someone cc 1stoctober the lady who opened a thread yesterday.

When married men cheat, you don't see them debating whether or not to tell their wives, or having a bothered conscience.

Rules and standards should apply to both genders. Full stop.

SO IT SHOULD BE. OPEN REBUKE IS BETTER THAN SECRET LOVE. IT MUST BE UNDER D GUIDANCE OF D HOLY SPIRIT AND GODLY COUNSELS. RESTITUTION IS NOT TAUGHT IN MANY CIRCLES THESE DAYS. REASON FOR FAKE AND DECEITFUL CHRISTIANS.

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Omoluabi16(m): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
ephi321:

Yes, I read your earlier post, I was the one who liked it. I agree with your stance - particularly the last line. What's annoying me is the double standard and how people who probably do worse in their own personal lives are taking her on a guilt-trip. She needs to make that decision herself and be ready for its consequences.
very true. Don't sha get all feminist on me! grin as with humans, we are always itching to cast the stone even when we do worse. Adultery from any spouse is a painful thing, same emotional hurt it brings.Great you agree with me.

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
triplecare:

I read on the last thread how many supposed Christians were advising the adulterous woman not to confess claiming that God has forgiven her hence no need to confess to her husband.

Are you guys even serious, this just opened my eyes to why religion is a big problem in Nigeria and perhaps Africa as a whole.

You broke the vow you made to the man to love him and him only before God and man, and you couldn't keep that vow, yet you want to continue to live with him dishonesty.

I am not even a religious fellow yet I know that every single day you live with him is a lie, every smile to him is a lie, every kind gesture you extend to him is a lie since you have broken your marriage vows.

In the western world, many pagans/atheists have confessed their infidelity to their partners, because they couldn't live with it but BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS here are saying God has forgiven her and hence, she doesn't need to ask for forgiveness from her husband.

So when let's assume the husband finds out on his own, what will she tell him? That she has prayed for forgiveness and God has forgiven her?

If you don't confess to him, you have not truly repented, you will only kill your conscience, and soon you will find yourself committing adultery again and again, until you won't feel bad about it again.

That voice in your head telling you to confess is the voice of God, the one telling you otherwise is that of the devil.

People have been forgiven for weightier offenses, marriages have been broken because of lighter issues so don't just assume.

I am not saying it is going to be easy, but as a good human being, it has to be done.

NB:
On the oyinbo people thread, the Christians advised her to confess to her husband
On our Nigerian thread, most Christians are advising her to hide her dishonesty to save her marriage
Doesn't this tell you something about our kind of religionism?

I love u bro. I tot I was d only one dat noticed them asking d lady not to confess.. I just didn't say anything cos she's older than me. I tell u, being an atheist open ur eyes to so many things
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ephi321(f): 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
Omoluabi16:
very true. Don't sha get all feminist on me! grin as with humans, we are always itching to cast the stone even when we do worse. Adultery from any spouse is a painful thing, same emotional hurt it brings.Great you agree with me.

Lol! I am not a feminist in the sense most people use it now but I believe in fairness when it comes to rules. Yep I do cheesy
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Omoluabi16(m): 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
ephi321:

Lol! I am not a feminist in the sense most people use it now but I believe in fairness when it comes to rules. Yep I do cheesy
That's a matter for another day, to know your brand of feminism.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ephi321(f): 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Omoluabi16:
That's a matter for another day, to know your brand of feminism.

No wahala smiley

1 Like

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ststyreal(f): 4:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
kasheemawo:
undecided
Why always Christians
Tell them to marry more than one wife to curtail adulterous life they will say God created only Adam and eve
Where does it stated in bible that man should marry one wife? They won't tell you
So many cases of raping underage girls by pastors too
God only gave Adam Eve and not Eveses, meaning God knows that the woman is enough for Adam, hence he gave him one woman and not two.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ShaqFu: 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2017
ephi321:

That statement says nothing.
In any case, i've made my point. Whatever is expected of women, must be expected of men. One party (male) cannot be free to frolick and put the other at risk while the female is beaten over the head with guilt.
Then again, it all boils down to the individual.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by kasheemawo(m): 5:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
ststyreal:

God only gave Adam Eve and not Eveses, meaning God knows that the woman is enough for Adam, hence he gave him one woman and not two.
it is an assumption
Bible didnt say that
Why did Abraham, Joseph amongs other prophets marry more than one wife
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by ststyreal(f): 5:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
kasheemawo:
it is an assumption
Bible didnt say that
Why did Abraham, Joseph amongs other prophets marry more than one wife
Yes you might call it an assumption but is there anywhere in the bible that God stated that man can or should marry two wives? How many eve did God create for Adam? Answer me abeg. Why didn't God create two Eve for Adam? Answer me abeg. I don tell you my own, it is left for you to accept or not, if you are not contented with one woman, even if they give you hundred, e still no go do you, na him make Solomon marry thousands women. Na my own I tell you so. Contentment is a virtue that not all possesses.......
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by exlinkleads(f): 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
you did? God, I'm afraid of marriage.

u shouldn't be ok

consider this :

no matter how rough schooling is, no matter the exposure and the bad associated with going to school, it can't deter people from schooling.

Marriage is an institution, u keep learning
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by chibuzorAbia: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2017
softiebae:
confess and watch your marriage crumble

The marriage has already crumbled. Don't be fooled by the husband's ignorance.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
aku626:
Hmmm. Typical of women you've just committed a grievous offense but you find the opportunity to chip in blames. TBH God has saved your home.
The God you're praying to was there before you cheated why didn't you talk to him to help your sinful desires and also help your husband before now? But God is merciful. My question (rhetorical) could you not apologize for the moment and let the reasons for being unfaithful slide?
I'm not married and might have a glimpse how difficult it was for you. Thank God this is a testimony

How would there be a way forward and a reconciliation if there was no truth?
Truth liberates and gives room for a possible reconciliation.

How would the guy have understood the rationale or the motive behind the deed? How would he make adjustments? How would he block the loopholes if they are unknown to him?
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
Koolmak:

d guy is right o. it's after 3yrs she started to feel remorseful. probably cos d hubby threatened to make enquiries from his native doctor uncle...
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
triplecare:

Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by prejulsuc(f): 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2017
glowryhaa:
Easier said than done... It totally depends on the type of partner tho undecided u can't tell a " tiger" grin you cheated...
most Naija men will never forgive.They will used it against the woman,but if is the man that cheated the woman will easily forgive the man.That is the reason why most women will never tell their partner. It will do more harm than good.The best thing is to ask God for mercy and never do it again.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by bitcoinvin(m): 7:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=jmoore post=57183751][/quote]

source in sauce...Lol..Una no serious!!!
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by Ageco(m): 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
Read the following references :1Corinthians 7:2,1Timothy3:2,Titus 1:6, Matthew 19:4. Any pastor who rapes a little girl is not genuine and should not be called a Christian let alone pastor.
Re: "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective by babapressy(m): 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
Fear God oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Nigerian God Is A Fraud, It Uses Pastors To Rob Nigerians" - Bisi Alimi / Pope John Paul II 100th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Anambra Governorship Election: Anglican Church Releases Public Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.