Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,365 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum (32459 Views)

FG Raises VAT To 7.2%. To Seek National Assembly Approval / Igbos Seek National Equity As Group Insist Speaker Of The House Position / Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by annayawchee: 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
It's longg overdue... Que cera cera

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Yoshy: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
Who doesn't like progress? What bewilders me is that the so called Nigerians can't see clearly that Nigeria as it is sick and never gonna recover unless it's taken to a hospital. In this case, for the sake of humanity self-determination or at least restructuring is the answer.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by dadavivo: 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2017
We are getting there. Divide the country or restructuring. People of like minds can go fcck themselves. We don't care. God bless Nnamdi kanu

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by kenny987(f): 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
Babacele:
mtchew!! under GEJ you had all the opportunities in the world to restructure but nay , now after loosing the 2015 election all sorts of noise no go allow us rest. Cheap blackmails to attract PMB's attention. With all of una influence in the wasted 6 years Gej government wetin be the gain? Useless!!

You don't get to dictate the when and how. It is being pursued on all fronts. You are Yoruba, ur people have been proponents of restructuring; y'all felt cheated by Jonathan and still didn't see the need to get ur representatives to champion that cause until the CONFAB was done. You decided u didn't get a fair deal and largely teamed up with the North to become chief partakers of the national cake in this regime. Now, rather than push for that same restructuring or implementation of the CONFAB, ur leaders have gone deaf and dumb because of a possible chance at the presidency. How dare u uncurl those fingers to ask why Igbos didn't push for restructuring during Jonathan's time? As ur people are in power now, have they done anything? Is that why after winning election they have gone to sleep?

You still keep insulting others who have struggled and maintained the tempo even at the cost of their lives till this point and still when it gets to the House officially, ur reps will kill the move due to greed. It will be just the same way one of ur Senators said the SE shouldn't complain about non-inclusion in the loan being sought for railways and rather wait for 'next time' that only God knows when.

Being treacherous, slippery and untrustworthy is terrible!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by GuyWise(m): 4:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
When kanu said that we will get our freedom in few months, i thought it a joke but i can now see the silver linen in the dark!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Ganiyat72(f): 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
This news pained we yoruba muslims, nobi small

25 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by legislatively: 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
Super1Star:
Now you are talking.

All those macabre zombie dance on the streets of your gully eroded land was mere early morning jogging exercise.

The constitution needs to be amended and will be amended.
it was meant to wake our lawmakers up

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by legislatively: 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
That's the only way to get Biafra, I'm glad you guys are thinking towards that direction. IPOB memebrrs should henceforth contest for political positions in the east, it makes the all thing easy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Candyrain(m): 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
I do hear people say that Azikiwe fought for the removal of referendum from our Constitution.

People just say things to make themselves feel good.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Super1Star: 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ganiyat72:
This news pained we yoruba muslims, nobi small

We Judaic Igbos are more pained. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by adde: 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
Babacele:
mtchew!! under GEJ you had all the opportunities in the world to restructure but nay , now after loosing the 2015 election all sorts of noise no go allow us rest. Cheap blackmails to attract PMB's attention. With all of una influence in the wasted 6 years Gej government wetin be the gain? Useless!!
Truth be told. The Easterners don't have the political savvy required to engineer a plot to get them out of this country without violence. Don't get me wrong, I truly wish they get what they have been clamouring for.
Unfortunately, the tact required to achieve this still eludes their leaders. They are even bold enough to tell people publicly they don't know how Biafra will come, claiming it is a movement, belief or whatever.
I am sure if they eventually get the referendum (which will not happen anytime soon) they will still not win the independence they seek. Ask Scotland, they are still in the UK even though they had every right to leave.
I understand that the Easterners want to bully their way into Aso rock as their south south and northern brothers did in the last two presidential elections. Understand that you cannot get there without collaborating with another region.
It is my hope that when the rising sun finally rises, it will not be a chaotic society. Ask yourselves, how much is the south east presently contributing to national development? What economic engines will Biafra survive on? Will the southerners who have all the juicy resources be satisfied being minorities in this utopian state? Will Biafra have world power backing? Is the world ready for a migration crisis from Africa's most populated country, whose people are already well known for their illegal migration routes round the developed world?
May God bless Africa with sense.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2017
This will be interesting...
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
adde:
Truth be told. The Easterners don't have the political savvy required to engineer a plot to get them out of this country without violence. Don't get me wrong, I truly wish they get what they have been clamouring for.
Unfortunately, the tact required to achieve this still eludes their leaders. They are even bold enough to tell people publicly they don't know how Biafra will come, claiming it is a movement, belief or whatever.
I am sure if they eventually get the referendum (which will not happen anytime soon) they will still not win the independence they seek. Ask Scotland, they are still in the UK even though they had every right to leave.
I understand that the Easterners want to bully their way into Aso rock as their south south and northern brothers did in the last two presidential elections. Understand that you cannot get there without collaborating with another region.
It is my hope that when the rising sun finally rises, it will not be a chaotic society. Ask yourselves, how much is the south east presently contributing to national development? What economic engines will Biafra survive on? Will the southerners who have all the juicy resources be satisfied being minorities in this utopian state? Will Biafra have world power backing? Is the world ready for a migration crisis from Africa's most populated country, whose people are already well known for their illegal migration routes round the developed world?
May God bless Africa with sense.

Dem no go gree this one wey you talk ohh. I am always perplexed about the things that courts the easts attention. If its peaceful, they don't want it but if it includes agitation, confusion, haphazard and random movement - they seem to subscribe to it.

Why not concentrate on your commercial advantage ? If the east had 2 dangote's - don't they think things will every now and then fall in there favor.

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Fremancipation: 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
Agumbankembu:
Whatever you may think, or however you feel about IPOB
Respect them, they walk the walk.

Nigerian army spokesperson said soldiers were recalled in their barracks on may 30th, because IPOB set a trap for them, with their local and international collaborators.
They received thousands of calls, asking them if they will interfere in the sit-at-home order, they sensed a trap was set for them, so they ordered all units to be recalled back into their barracks on night of May 29th.

Biafra sit-at-home: How Nigerian Army escaped IPOB/MASSOB ambush - 82 Div Spokesman, Musa

http://authorityngr.com/2017/06/Biafra-sit-at-home--How-Nigerian-Army-escaped-IPOB-MASSOB-ambush--82-Div-Spokesman-Musa/

This people don't know how far IPOB has gone. They spend all day in afonjaland throwing insults while IPOB is making big moves behind the scenes.

12 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Eshinwaju: 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2017
Super1Star:
Now you are talking.

All those macabre zombie dance on the streets of your gully eroded land was mere early morning jogging exercise.

The constitution needs to be amended and will be amended.

Abi o...finally we are dealing with the real issues. Follow the constitution and let us separate, as needed and as necessary. I for one will be more than happy to get Oduduwa Republic back and to be finally rid of the flats....angry....great great move....alleluia

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Ojiofor: 6:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ana Agwo ona ere.We must continue!

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by GrandGarcon: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
TheCabal:

Dem no go gree this one wey you talk ohh. I am always perplexed about the things that courts the easts attention. If its peaceful, they don't want it but if it includes agitation, confusion, haphazard and random movement - they seem to subscribe to it.

Why not concentrate on your commercial advantage ? If the east had 2 dangote's - don't they think things will every now and then fall in there favor.
foolish talk. Very foolish talk, Two dangotes while your thieving leaders (Awolowo, number 1) stole all the money belonging to Biafrans and bought shares at give away prices, and becoming wealthy overnight. The Aburi accord, was it not peaceful? What happend. You people are not in the position to advise us so shove your dirty opinion up your rectum, both you and your friend up there.

17 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
GrandGarcon:
foolish talk. Very foolish talk, Two dangotes while your thieving leaders (Awolowo, number 1) stole all the money belonging to Biafrans and bought shares at give away prices, and becoming wealthy overnight. The Aburi accord, was it not peaceful? What happend. You people are not in the position to advise us so shove your dirty opinion up your rectum, both you and your friend up there.

Biafrans did not have Naira or British pounds - they Biafran pounds and it was and still is toilet paper.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by EzeUche(m): 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
I respect the the boldness of Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by EzeUche(m): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
TheCabal:

Keep your foolish opinion to yourself Yoruba.

No one is asking for it. Worry about your own region.

14 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by GavelSlam: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ibos should do quick and leave.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by GrandGarcon: 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
TheCabal:

Biafrans did not have Naira or British pounds - they Biafran pounds and it was and still is toilet paper.
so the money they had in thier bank accounts fell from heaven. Yeye People without shame.

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by aolawale025: 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
This is the time for the SS and SW to present a joint agenda with the SE reps on this referendum issue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Babacele: 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
kenny987:

You don't get to dictate the when and how. It is being pursued on all fronts. You are Yoruba, ur people have been proponents of restructuring; y'all felt cheated by Jonathan and still didn't see the need to get ur representatives to champion that cause until the CONFAB was done. You decided u didn't get a fair deal and largely teamed up with the North to become chief partakers of the national cake in this regime. Now, rather than push for that same restructuring or implementation of the CONFAB, ur leaders have gone deaf and dumb because of a possible chance at the presidency. How dare u uncurl those fingers to ask why Igbos didn't push for restructuring during Jonathan's time? As ur people are in power now, have they done anything? Is that why after winning election they have gone to sleep?

You still keep insulting others who have struggled and maintained the tempo even at the cost of their lives till this point and still when it gets to the House officially, ur reps will kill the move due to greed. It will be just the same way one of ur Senators said the SE shouldn't complain about non-inclusion in the loan being sought for railways and rather wait for 'next time' that only God knows when.

Being treacherous, slippery and untrustworthy is terrible!
point of correction please I'm a Nigerian and there are about 20 different ethnic groups in my family which makes it a mini Nigeria sort of hence my unflinching loyalty to this and won't hesitate to disagree with any hypocrisy that threatens her sanctity.
If a deputy senate president for a decade suddenly starts complaining about 'restructuring' and pretended he was not there when they(PDP) had the opportunity to implement their own CONFAB they refused to adopt at the time, then to whom do we complain? Is that not hypocrisy when you want somebody else ,by force, to do what you deliberately refused to do?
Second, the people whose original idea, mind you this list cuts across ethnic boundaries, was the true restructuring of the nation had rejected the Gej Jamboree in 2015; then tell me why it should be accepted in 2017 and by the political party that never believed in the Jamboree?
If you say the Yoruba teamed up with the North in 2015, which is wrong, tell how did Gej become the President ? And you what credentials had Gej to win reelection even in the SS where revelations are coming out of

Deziani's heavy bribery scandals in the 2015 elections. When the wife of a President insults a section of the country she is supposed to be a mother to as " people wey dey born anyhow", such people would gleefully vote for your husband so that the insults can be sustained.

What useless Tempo that reared its ugly head because the elite milk cow Gej lost election in 2015? I swear this agitation is PDP agitation and not Igbo's agitation.

8 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Kingspin(m): 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
Some people should take this message coming from Rep members not because the voice did not echo from their region but because it is the voice of reason and peace for all.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by deedeedee1: 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
This is wonderful!!!! Let the country disintegrate. Yoruba reps should also push for it. If There is referendum for yoruba people, i swear that i will vote in support for a separate country. We cant be doing same thing and expecting a different result. Unless we are foools!!!
Oodua Nation Loading!!!!

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Kingspin(m): 8:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
Some people should take this message coming from Rep members not because the voice did not echo from their region but because it is the voice of reason and peace for all...

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by brainpulse: 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
Finally the igbos are going. Thank God am so happy. God bless Nigeria. Let's give them the support in their journey away from Nigeria.
If the referendum comes up I will surely vote for their exist.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
The north is a Nigeria disease/problems. They want to rule Nigeria in peace while making governance ungovernable to southern parts, why can't the north bring resources in their regions for benchmarking as resources in the south have been benchmarking since 1960? Who is fooling who 1999 constitution were edited by the northern politicians to be in control of Aso Rock/Nigeria without benchmarking resources to share/in economy.

In Restructuring the north should manage her resources, the south south should manage her resources, southeast should manage her resources and the southwest should manage her resources.

Then we will know the real failures/success in management and good governability.

Corrupt officials/politicians in the constitution of Biafra republic, below.

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
The enemy of Ndigbo is Ndigbo itself. I remember a time in this country when all d 6 ministers in Jonathan's kitchen cabinet were all Igbo's. Ayim Pius Ayim was SGF, Ngozi Okonjo Iwealla was in charge finance, Emeka Wogu was in Labour and productivity, Berth Nnaji was in Power and Energy, Dieziani Madueke was d powerful minister for oil. The 6 of them outside d Federal Executive Council would meet and decide what and what not to be discussed at d larger FEC. Whatever they decided would eventually be d position of government. In 6 years, this was d situation. Okiro and Onovo had d police under their control. Ihejerika and later Minimah controlled d Army. These powerful Igbo's could do and undo. Nigeria was in their pockets. Rather than care about d poor Igbo chaps scattered all over d country, they were busy diverting billions of naira into their accounts at home and abroad. D 2nd Niger Bridge, they didn't do. They shared d money. The Lagos/Calabar rail lines passing through 9 States, 3 of them in d SE, they were not bothered. They refused to pay d Chinese d Counter part fund. They shared d money. Enugu/Onitsha, Aba/PH and other roads of economic importance to their fellow Igbo's, they abandoned. Who is to blame? Who is marginalising d Igbos?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by vantage001: 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
Those guys better grab it with both hands if ever possible.
Nigeria is a shitt-hole with no possible hope in sight. Get the hell out the first chance you get and learn from the old mistakes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits President Buhari (Photos) / Amaechi Inspects Port Harcourt International Airport - Photos / Ambode's Monitoring Team Arrest Cars Plying BRT Lane (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.