Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,076 members, 7,828,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum (32463 Views)

FG Raises VAT To 7.2%. To Seek National Assembly Approval / Igbos Seek National Equity As Group Insist Speaker Of The House Position / Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by HiddenShadow: 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2017
blueseacats:
Can't you see it's a scam? British people brough us Christianity, we adopted it hook line and sinker, we are supposed to be their prodigy and protected by them, yet when biafran war broke they chose Muslim north over us, the least they could have done was to be nuetral, yet the supplied the Muslims latest hardware a money can buy.

Now what do you think? They scammed us. Stop this agitation and improve your self technology wise build weapons in your backyard if you can just do something inprove yourself one day whether they like it or not they will listen. calling God without improving yourself is a waste of time bro.

Who told you that I am not improving myself

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by AntiIPOOP(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
I'm so happy.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
misano:

Thanks 4 D reply. I wish IPOB all D best then. I really wish dia dream becomes a reality one day. We D South South will love 2 be alone. No Nigeria, No Biafra.
Good luck then

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
AntiIPOOP:
I'm so happy.
only leeches and parasites won't be. Good one wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
misano:

Thanks 4 D reply. I wish IPOB all D best then. I really wish dia dream becomes a reality one day. We D South South will love 2 be alone. No Nigeria, No Biafra.

Amen, Ameen

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by hydraa(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
misano:

dont know why i find this funny grin

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
GrandGarcon:
so the money they had in thier bank accounts fell from heaven. Yeye People without shame.

What money .. do you know what gives fiat money value
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Henri8: 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
bappahman:

www.punchng.com/restructuring-igbo-reps-seek-national-referend
This shouldn't be about the SE alone. Every southern Nigerian should seize this opportunity to correct the ills embedded in this British contraption. Let the man in us not die of perpetual fear.

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by BAILMONEY: 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
genieluv:

You are very correct. I am from the North-central too and equally commend this bold step of South-east representatives.
We middlebelters are the most visionless n directionless people in Nigeria. We just move whithersoever the wind tosses us.
DON'T WORRY YOU ARE COMING TO THE LAND OF RISING SUN AS MY WIFE

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Who told you that I am not improving myself
Am not saying this to you in an insulting manner. When I say improve yourself I will love every ibo man to face technology we do not have oil in commercial quantity the oil only belongs to Niger deltans all ibo man should try and invent something even if they are poor. The difference between conquered and victorious people, is that loser was busy calling God winner was busy developing latest technology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by AntiIPOOP(m): 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
STFUand4kMeHARD:
only leeches and parasites won't be. Good one wink
They should get the fucck out of this country. They're our problems.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
AntiIPOOP:
They should get the fucck out of this country. They're our problems.
hahaha funny guy. Sounding like some old school village teacher. grin

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by misano(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2017
hydraa:
dont know why i find this funny grin

Lol.... It's funny 2 me too.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Prince16: 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
May the good Lord answer our #genuine and sincere prayers

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by macluvph1(m): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
misano:

Let me ask. What about those other states that are not purely Igbo states. Eg, Delta & Bayelsa, do U think they will love to join Biafra? To me, that's where the biggest struggle is.

Bros, on those not purely Igbo state let referrendum speak for them as well. Because we can take a horse to the river but can't force them to drink water. They are left to chose between Biafra and Nigeria and whichever way they go its ok by me. As an ikwerre man am doing everything possible to convince my people to support Biafra cos we are better off with them than Nigeria,and its gradually paying out.

11 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by talk2emma: 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
I can see everything turning around, everything turning ,everything turning around for our good.....God bless Igbo nation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
talk2emma:
I can see everything turning around, everything turning ,everything turning around for our good.....God bless Igbo nation
Na so e be cool

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by misano(m): 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
macluvph1:

Bros, on those not purely Igbo state let referrendum speak for them as well. Because we can take a horse to the river but can't force them to drink water. They are left to chose between Biafra and Nigeria and whichever way they go its ok by me. As an ikwerre man am doing everything possible to convince my people to support Biafra cos we are better off with them than Nigeria,and its gradually paying out.

Ye U making sense but don't U think D non-Igbo will be marginalized in Biafra? Do U think the non-Igbos will head major political offices in Biafra? I don't think so. Come 2 think of it, non-Igbos did nothing to make Biafra a reality. A lot of Igbos died 4 dis struggle, but D non-Igbos were never part of D struggle. "NO MAN STAYS IN A HOUSE HE DIDN'T BUILD".
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by dembularrr: 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2017
Eshinwaju:

Abi o...finally we are dealing with the real issues. Follow the constitution and let us separate, as needed and as necessary. I for one will be more than happy to get Oduduwa Republic back and to be finally rid of the flats....angry....great great move....alleluia

Shut up joor. Dunce!!!

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Prince16: 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
Let's see how events unfold

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
Prince16:

You want ur republic, and I support it, so why are u reluctant to move back to ur republic and develop it , afterall charity, they say, begins at home.
Let's get to the bridge first

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by vannessa7(f): 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
This is great news, what a way to start the new week, at least if this pulls through it will be reported worldwide that the most corrupt tribe in Nigeria has secede. that will be a huge image laundry for Nigeria.
at least we will rest, see hatred ! afonja, afonja, afonja, ah ah, this people that contribute nothing unique to this nation except crime and hatred, May God grant you your heart desire to secede, SW is better off without them.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by soflygerian(m): 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ehen... Lawmakers are beginning to have sense.. Wish all of them can start having it and putting the people's needs on the front burner...

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by gabe: 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2017
Please let Biafrans go. Let there be a referendum in all SE states . The Igbos are an industrious people. They turned £20 to billions. They will turn a landlocked country of 5 SE states to eldorado. And going abroad won't be so hard...

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by menxer: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2017
So if their plan to pass a bill while others were away on a fast didn't hit a brick wall, they wouldn't remember that the constitutional provisions for a referendum should be brought back?
SMH

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by EzeUche(m): 10:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
JohnXcel:
This is good...

This is EXACTLY what the Igbos should have requested all along.

PUSH for the referendum for your core Igbo states; have your Biafra AND learn to live in peace with your fellow men.

YORUBAS wish you well...

We will claim all Igbo territories in Delta, Cross River, Benue, and Rivers states.

Igboland will not be Balkanized again.

Ikwerre, Ika, Ekpeye, Ogba, Ukwuani Igbanke will be all part of the great Igbos.

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by 7lives: 10:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
vannessa7:
This is great news, what a way to start the new week, at least if this pulls through it will be reported worldwide that the most corrupt tribe in Nigeria has secede. that will be a huge image laundry for Nigeria.
at least we will rest, see hatred ! afonja, afonja, afonja, ah ah, this people that contribute nothing unique to this nation except crime and hatred, May God grant you your heart desire to secede, SW is better off without them.

Amen in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Ziluxger: 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
0b100100111:
Cant wait for this Biafrauds to be foreigners in Nigeria!

Chai! Mass exodus from the North and West. The few remaining ones will be like slaves in what was once there country.

South Africa Xenophobia will be small compared to Nigerian own
Stop crying!

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
EzeUche:

We will claim all Igbo territories in Delta, Cross River, Benue, and Rivers states.

Igboland will not be Balkanized again.

Ikwerre, Ika, Ekpeye, Ogba, Ukwuani Igbanke will be all part of the great Igbos.
Well, if they so wish...

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by soflygerian(m): 10:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
menxer:
So if their plan to pass a bill while others were away on a fast didn't hit a brick wall, they wouldn't remember that the constitutional provisions for a referendum should be brought back?
SMH
look on the bright side bruva... At least lawmakers are working for there people no matter the premise.. That is how they ought to act..

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by feelgoodInc: 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
skedman:
i just dont know how to qualify the igbos. The main aim is still because of the oil in niger delta.
have you been to the north before? during the north south riot, you think they'll stop you and ask you if you're igbo or south south, even the yorubas take south south as igbo in case you don't know. when the riots started nothing like south-south again or igbo na to run for your life so wise up.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Worsening Insecurity: Katsina Lawmakers Weep At Plenary / IPOB Should Allow Us Bury Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents In Peace – Kinsmen / Precious Chikwendu Snowhite Her Son And Triplets Step Out In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.