Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum (32457 Views)

FG Raises VAT To 7.2%. To Seek National Assembly Approval / Igbos Seek National Equity As Group Insist Speaker Of The House Position / Igbo Professionals Call For National Referendum - Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
grin
soon we shall be free of flat heads & without guns too This calls for a celebration, i hope dis thing works out

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by soflygerian(m): 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
EzeUche:

We will claim all Igbo territories in Delta, Cross River, Benue, and Rivers states.

Igboland will not be Balkanized again.

Ikwerre, Ika, Ekpeye, Ogba, Ukwuani Igbanke will be all part of the great Igbos.
''CLAIM??!!'' They give u freedom n ur next step is to start a mini-war...?? Haba!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by soflygerian(m): 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
EzeUche:

We will claim all Igbo territories in Delta, Cross River, Benue, and Rivers states.

Igboland will not be Balkanized again.

Ikwerre, Ika, Ekpeye, Ogba, Ukwuani Igbanke will be all part of the great Igbos.
''CLAIM??!!'' They give u freedom n ur next step is to start a mini-war...?? Haba!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by feelgoodInc: 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
deedeedee1:

You talk like there is only one ethnic group in the north central. Just like south west, the south east is mono ethnic....one language, culture, and people. You middle beltans can never have one voice. You are another mini nigeria.
the south west is not mono ethnic I've been to osun and ogun they use the red crescent instead of red Cross there aren't Christian's there.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Ngokafor(f): 11:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
adde:
Truth be told. The Easterners don't have the political savvy required to engineer a plot to get them out of this country without violence. Don't get me wrong, I truly wish they get what they have been clamouring for.
Unfortunately, the tact required to achieve this still eludes their leaders. They are even bold enough to tell people publicly they don't know how Biafra will come, claiming it is a movement, belief or whatever.
I am sure if they eventually get the referendum (which will not happen anytime soon) they will still not win the independence they seek. Ask Scotland, they are still in the UK even though they had every right to leave.
I understand that the Easterners want to bully their way into Aso rock as their south south and northern brothers did in the last two presidential elections. Understand that you cannot get there without collaborating with another region.
It is my hope that when the rising sun finally rises, it will not be a chaotic society. Ask yourselves, how much is the south east presently contributing to national development? What economic engines will Biafra survive on? Will the southerners who have all the juicy resources be satisfied being minorities in this utopian state? Will Biafra have world power backing? Is the world ready for a migration crisis from Africa's most populated country, whose people are already well known for their illegal migration routes round the developed world?
May God bless Africa with sense.

...Always blabbing all over the place like babies learning to talk..Just shut up for once will ya!??..This agitation has gone far beyond your imaginations..

...So shut up and go work on your odua republic.

10 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by feelgoodInc: 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
but seriously play play, play play, this Biafra thing is coming to fruition, play play if the don't put referendum then we take them to UN, so they'll be forced to put it then we hold referendum, play play, play play. I wonder if they are going to send south west guys to contest that we shouldn't leave. because seriously the people keeping quiet will now want to join. this thing is serious...o choi The south-south won't stick to one-naija because if it does then it's breast will dry up we all know that so they will have to join. the south south won't isolate themselves and be sucked dry by Nigeria we all know that, then those oil companies will need to bring their head quarters to the new Biafra land, that's the beginning of South West failures, then the north will not be able to do shit, then they'll start getting biafran passport to come search for work here HAHAHAHA someone save this prophecy because it's going to come to pass and it will happen in your eyes. I can see the future now oh God. The can't fight us because we are doing it in peace, if they do UN PEACE KEEPERS FLOOD THE PLACE OOOOHHHHHH SSSHTTTT do you see the picture guys anybody see the picture, we have three ports Calabar, warri, portharcourt, businesses coming in, you are dumb if you don't see the picture I see it clearly.
cc:lalasticlala

12 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Ngokafor(f): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
vantage001:

STFU.
Chart your own afonja future.
Sensible people are talking about real issues affecting generations and have been in contention since the 60s ,this illiterate yoruba man/child is yapping about Jonathan.
I couldn't give a hoot about Jonathan.

....Tomorrow,they will tell you they are praying for Biafra to come to pass,but just go through their comments here..You will understand why they are held in derision.

8 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by pennywys(m): 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
Dreambeat:
Gradually,we are getting there.Long live the land of the rising sun.
ndewo my brother, God bless us

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by menxer: 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
soflygerian:
look on the bright side bruva... At least lawmakers are working for there people no matter the premise.. That is how they ought to act..
That is a knee jerk reaction.

Is it today that igbos or any other tribe began crying over marginalization?

Oooooh! they just noticed the provisions for referendum in the 1960 constitution was removed, abi?

Scotland did a referendum for independence in 2014 and 2017, did they wait for some thing drastic to push them?
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Fulmigati: 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
When our glorious exit from this Islamic hellhole is complete. Nigeria can be declared a true Islamic nation with all the islamic cultural enrichment of boko haram suicide bombing, herdsmen menace, limbs chopping, underage pedophilia marriage etc.

9 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by deedeedee1: 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2017
feelgoodInc:

the south west is not mono ethnic I've been to osun and ogun they use the red crescent instead of red Cross there aren't Christian's there.
Who is talking about religion? We are talking of people with same ancestors, language, and culture.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by modik(m): 11:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ngokafor:

....Tomorrow,they will tell you they are praying for Biafra to come to pass,but just go through their comments here..You will understand why they are held in derision.

Pretense and hypocrisy is like a pregnancy that can never be hidden for too long.

The Biafra compass is set already and destination is closer than envisaged. The high and mighty are falling in line or fall out for ever.

Their[children of hate] being held in derision is an understatement.

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by discusant: 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
ESDKING:
Even if I hate KANU( which can never happen), his boldness and tenacity to librarate his people is enough reason for me to appreciate him.

See how every Igbo man is now waking up from his slumber.
Nnamdi KANU, may God bless you for this beautiful seed you planted.
All unity beggars that said over their dead body would they allow Biafra to come should prepare to witness Biafra independence from their respective graves.

ANY COUNTRY WHERE DIVERSE GROUPS ARE HELD TOGETHER WITHOUT OPTION OF REFERENDUM AND SELF-DETERMINATION, IT'S LIKE THE DIVERSE GROUPS ARE HELD CAPTIVE LIKE SLAVES. NNAMDI KANU KNEW THAT.

FULANI-LOYAL SOLDIERS CARRYING AK 47 RIFLES SUPERVISED THE 1999 CONSTITUTION AS THEY BREATHED UPON THE NECKS OF THE DRAFTERS OF THE CONSTITUTION. THE SOLDIERS DELIBERATELY OMITTED REFERENDUM, THUS ALL DIVERSE GROUPS IN NIGERIA ARE HELD AS SLAVES IN ONE NIGERIA.

TIME TO INCLUDE REFERENDUM IN NIGERIA'S CONSTITUTION IS NOW, ELSE, NIGERIA RISKS VIOLENT BREAK-UP.

8 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by soflygerian(m): 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
menxer:

That is a knee jerk reaction.

Is it today that igbos or any other tribe began crying over marginalization?

Oooooh! they just noticed the provisions for referendum in the 1960 constitution was removed, abi?

Scotland did a referendum for independence in 2014 and 2017, did they wait for some thing drastic to push them?

We all knw hw amazing our country is.... So amazing things shouldn't surprise anymore..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
skedman:
i just dont know how to qualify the igbos. The main aim is still because of the oil in niger delta.

what is the meaning of Niger delta

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
#BiaframustGO. Since you were not very serious about Biafra last December, the coming one presents another opportunity for you to stay back in Biafrat in the next xmas.
Any Eboe currently living in the zoo is an efulefu.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by myright: 11:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
ekefre4:
I respect the fact that you just give your opinion without insults unlike some other peeps. Back to the matter at hand, I really believe a restructuring will help us better as each geopolitical zone has its advantage. If Nigeria works well we will be the China of Africa we've got the numbers,resources and the talents
we don't want to be like China. Rather, we would like to be like Japan. Small but mighty

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by od501: 11:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
Na Now the real struggle start. still tomorrow, retructuring and true federalism remains the penecea to the marginalisation of the south easterners. in as much as I respect kanu for his bravery and courage, i most state that am never a fan of a sovereign state.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by MrOdyssey(m): 11:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
misano:

Let me ask. What about those other states that are not purely Igbo states. Eg, Delta & Bayelsa, do U think they will love to join Biafra? To me, that's where the biggest struggle is.

Bro freedom is a choice and any1 who wishes not to identify with Biafra is very free to go.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Alariwo2: 12:06am On Jun 05, 2017
At last they fell for the bait.. Igbos are officially dead politically in Nigeria.

The North will now make sure no igbo person gets near the seats of power to avoid their much dreaded restructuring.

As a Yoruba man, I am indifferent.. Let master and slave with new voice slug it out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Bridget95(f): 12:07am On Jun 05, 2017
KahlDrogo:
This is what they should have been doing all along instead of insulting and cursing everyone they imagine didn't share their values and dreams.

I pray this thing comes to pass soonest, but I fear the idiots have burned so many bridges it might remain a mirage getting their way through democratic means.
stop saying SE burnt bridges.50 years have they waited on the FG to implement the three Rs ,reconstruction, rehabilitation and reorientation none came and now the SE development commission bill is thrown out of the floor of the NA.it is no fault of the SE.If the FG is serious about the even development of the country then they should do the needful.

8 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Alariwo2: 12:12am On Jun 05, 2017
Bridget95:
stop saying SE burnt bridges.50 years have they waited on the FG to implement the three Rs ,reconstruction, rehabilitation and reorientation none came and now the SE development commission bill is thrown out of the floor of the NA.it is no fault of the SE.If the FG is serious about the even development of the country then they should do the needful.

why didn't "GEJ till 2019" fix the 3Rs?

Going by the vote pattern, the North (places like Kano etc.) will develop fully first, followed by SW and some areas in SS.
SE is the least on the table for now.. You should have asked GEJ for roads etc instead of looting the treasury dry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 05, 2017
jamesibor:

Those that said Ndigbo should table their demands through the constitutional chanel, e don done.

THEY DONT KNOW THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE PREPARING DOCUMENTS AND GATHERING REASONS FOR THEIR AGITATIONS.

CHANNEL YOUR GRIEVANCES

BOX TICKED!!!

HE WHO HAS EARS
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by EzeUche(m): 12:14am On Jun 05, 2017
soflygerian:

Listen clearly. All of Igboland will be included in the referendum.

Even though I hope other Niger Deltan groups will join the call, the Igbos will not cede any land that has Igbo speaking people to Nigeria.

Asaba is coming with us and Port Harcourt.

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by MrOdyssey(m): 12:23am On Jun 05, 2017
skedman:
i just dont know how to qualify the igbos. The main aim is still because of the oil in niger delta.

Bro can you pls just do yourself a favour and Google the word "Niger Delta".

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by EzeUche(m): 12:27am On Jun 05, 2017
Alariwo2:
At last they fell for the bait.. Igbos are officially dead politically in Nigeria.

The North will now make sure no igbo person gets near the seats of power to avoid their much dreaded restructuring.

As a Yoruba man, I am indifferent.. Let master and slave with new voice slug it out.

Yoruba we could care less about Nigeria

How many times will it take you all to comprehend this?

Face North since the mere commissioner is having trouble with the North and the North continues to belittle the Yoruba daily.

8 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Bridget95(f): 12:30am On Jun 05, 2017
Alariwo2:

why didn't "GEJ till 2019" fix the 3Rs?

Going by the vote pattern, the North (places like Kano etc.) will develop fully first, followed by SW and some areas in SS.
SE is the least on the table for now.. You should have asked GEJ for roads etc instead of looting the treasury dry.
THIS STATEMENT IS CHILDISH.I DONT BLAME YOU BECAUSE THE PRESIDENT HAS REDUCED THIS COUNTRY TO ONE THAT IS DESIGNED TO GET FG ATTENTION BASED ON VOTES.

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by genieluv(f): 12:44am On Jun 05, 2017
letsbepieces:

Yes wow!

They finally shut dat big Afonja mouth of urs. lost soul!

Have u guys become so confused? I am from the middlebelt and not afonja. I actually said 'wow' because i commended the efforts of the South-east house of reps.
You can recheck my edited comment.
Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by genieluv(f): 12:46am On Jun 05, 2017
deedeedee1:

You talk like there is only one ethnic group in the north central. Just like south west, the south east is mono ethnic....one language, culture, and people. You middle beltans can never have one voice. You are another mini nigeria.

I guess you are correct. The ills of being a minority group in a country like Nigeria where everything is centred on ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Eshinwaju: 1:23am On Jun 05, 2017
dembularrr:

Shut up joor. Dunce!!!

E dey pain you....should you not be fighting for Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Igbo Reps Seek National Referendum by Emanodimo(m): 2:12am On Jun 05, 2017
In as much I want to avoid insult... I will say "May they not be derail from their cause".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Governors Dump Atiku, Pick Sule Lamido - Sahara Reporters / March 28 Poll: Survey Rates Jonathan Ahead Of Buhari / APC celebrating Buhari victory on Atiku's bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.