Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region (37517 Views)

The Total Number Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria / Ranking Of States By Internally Generated Revenue 2016 / Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by oyatz(m): 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
What a great fallacy!
1) As you move farther from where? Is Lagos the starting point where revenues start being distributed?
Then why is the IGR of Kano which is far in the north higher than that of Ekiti State which is close to Lagos?
2)There are functional ports in Warri, Delta and Ricers States.

TheArchangel:
What exactly is the premise of your arguments before the jump to conclusions? FYI Enugu city is different from other towns in Enugu. So to base my point on what you wrote then I have to also point out that the tip of Enugu state extends to Benue state and Kogi state . So your statement based on that is fallacious.
And I still maintain my previous premise that as you go further east and north the revenue will continue on it downward trail.
Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by TheArchangel(f): 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
oyatz:
What a great fallacy!
1) As you move farther from where? Is Lagos the starting point where revenues start being distributed?
Then why is the IGR of Kano which is far in the north higher than that of Ekiti State which is close to Lagos?
2)There are functional ports in Warri, Delta and Ricers States.

you just woke up dude.?
Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by oyatz(m): 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
I can read and make contributions to any post I like anytime.

TheArchangel:
you just woke up dude.?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by oyatz(m): 9:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
Import duties are
1) Paid by the importers which is factored into the selling prices, invariably being paid by the consumers.

2) The import duties are collected by the Nigerian customs ,an agent of the FG (not Lagos State) and remitted into the federation account ,along with revenues from oil exportation .These are then shared among ALL the States.

Lloydfather:
This is why every Igbo men should believed that oil alone is not why Hausa & Yoruba is kicking against biafra. My brother I can clearly tell u that the land borders in those south west state was where their igr is coming from, who are those patronizing those borders ? The biafrans. The igr of Lagos is coming from no other place than import duties in fact import duties is contributing to 90% of Lagos igr, (both lands and sea borders). And who are those paying this duties? The biafrans. This is why the FG is discouraging any other sea port that will mount as challenge to Lagos port.

When they said biafra is landlocked this is what they mean, the land and sea borders is bringing more Igr than anything else and biafrans are the tools. Think my biafra brothers
Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by oyatz(m): 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2017
Abia and Imo States are also very close to Port Harcourt, Rivers State and ought to enjoy over flow of oyel money to their States.
Are Kano and Kaduna States also close to Lagos?

Kennydoc:

Ogun's industries and high IGR is still as a result of its proximity to Lagos. Most people establishing businesses and building industries now around Lagos axis do it in Ogun state. Even a cousin of mine who lived in Ketu for years has built his own house (part of which is rented) in Ogun State, while his business is at Computer Village.
Ogun will keep enjoying from it's proximity to Lagos cos attention has shifted from Lag to Ogun now. The clear disparity between the stats of Ogun and the other SW states like Oyo, Osun, Ondo and Ekiti lays credence to the fact that Ogun is prospering because of its proximity to Lagos.

Anyway, SE governors may have to step up with taxation in the SE. That is the major way for them to increase their IGR. I know when Oshiomhole did it and was being crucified. Now, people are used to it. Even Lagos did it under Fashola. Imagine Imo State generating only 5bn per annum. That's shameful.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by oyatz(m): 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
ALL States in Nigeria are not only viable, they can be very prosperous if we look for the right things in the right ways.

Super1Star:

Based on this, there is every possibility that the sleeping states in IGR collections too have Low-Hanging fruits they have not tapped into?
Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
Kindly help a friend fill this questionnaire.

https:///forms/nEGgV3OfUp1ynlPt1

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Abdullah bin Al-Hussein, King Of Jordan (Photos) / Herdsmen Attack Motorists In Eruwa, Oyo. Angry Residents Burn Fulani Settlement / Gov. Aliyu Puts-up Billboards For His Daughter's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.