Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

How Nigerians React To The " How Are You?" Question. - Jokes Etc (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / How Nigerians React To The " How Are You?" Question. (31023 Views)

How Nigerians Always Prepare For December / How Nigerians React To Snakes / Photo Of The Day: How Nigerians Leave Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigerians React To The " How Are You?" Question. by chiraqDemon(m): 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
I noticed that while older Nigerians see how are you from their juniors as an insult, but if u ask like this
"How is everything sir"
"How is the family sir"
They seem to be okay with those and a few other ways

But never ask directly , and u must attach whatever title they bear or their relationship with you. Like u can never call ur uncle by name unless u r trying to die. U call him sir or uncle. Same with others.
Re: How Nigerians React To The " How Are You?" Question. by strozzy(m): 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2017
The man has pictured the question in yoruba, that's "bawoni" and that's only used when addressing your mate...... That's how yoruba ppl do, they will be interpreting English language in yoruba, even when making a statement, :DThe man has pictured the question in yoruba, that's "bawoni" and that's only used when addressing your mate...... That's how yoruba ppl do, they will be interpreting English language in yoruba, even when making a statement,
Re: How Nigerians React To The " How Are You?" Question. by eustacey: 7:49am On Jun 13, 2017
Re: How Nigerians React To The " How Are You?" Question. by yvesboss(m): 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
ImaIma1:

Lolll... my neighbour tried to explain it to me. That as long as Afeez is older than you,you cannot call him by name even when addressing his mum.
I was stunned. What?!

Thats whats up my sis ... thats how we cope
Re: How Nigerians React To The " How Are You?" Question. by Kreme(m): 1:30am On Jun 21, 2017
smardray:
hey you two, i'm a yoruba nd like seriously i jst came back from a long term ban for spewing some really ill words... Don't get on my nerves... And do ur family a favour of not disgracing them here
disgrace kwa?...Your father must be an idiot
Re: How Nigerians React To The " How Are You?" Question. by jbblues24(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2019
Most people fear the Reaper. Oga Ade considers him "a promising Rookie". lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Applicant Insults Prospective Interviewer On Road, Meets Him At The Interview / Joke Section 2009 Awards / Riddles! Riddles! Really Tough Nd Funny Riddles!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.