Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,852 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:01 AM

Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra (3239 Views)

Buratai, 13 Others Taken To U.S. District Court Over Biafra Protests. / South East Governors Caution Over Biafra / Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by lx3as(m): 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2017
Ontarget:
Igbos only focus on what they perceive as the advantage of having Biafra and totally ignore the potential pitfalls ahead. Igbos feel they are intelligent, hardworking and industrious so they think with those qualities it's all going to merry in Biafra land. But I wonder why the south east is still underdeveloped inspite of the fact that the land is occupied by people who pride themselves to be intelligent and industrious. It makes me wonder if there would ever be any difference after Biafra has been ushered into existence.

The most uncertain and challenging aspect which Igbos ignore that can make Biafra turn out to be a total disaster is political stability. Maintaining political stability is not childs play. You can imagine how things gets heated up in the political sphere of advanced nations like America, let alone a third world new country called Biafra filled with people with an untamed mindset and poorly educated. If care is not taken in the political sphere of Biafra the country will explode even before it begins. Power struggles in the south east is among the tightly contested in Nigeria. And you expect such ambitious and power hungry people to play matured politics and yield to each other's ambition? I am still seriously in doubt.

Please nobody should mention Afonja cos I am not an Afonja.

In as much as I support self determination over this 'force marriage', I think Igbos should have done their homework and never allowed emotions to override them and face reality. Economically there will be tough time with prices of food skyrocketing; millions will certainly return home, more than the returnees during June 12 troubles. The markets are saturated and what is keeping them flowing is patronizing from other regions of Nigeria; particularly the Igbos outside southeast who keep building mansions at home and as they source for materials and labour, the Markets and everyone is progressing. There are lots of ordinary Igbo farmers in other regions that have more than one building each in the East not to talk about traders, businessmen, port and other government workers that make money everyday and every month. All these will definitely cease immediately Biafra is actualized. The reality is that no Africa country ever divided peacefully, there will certainly be 'bad belle', payback time as Ipob has insulted virtually everyone and the prayers should be S/South joining, if not the new country will just be like Lesotho or Swaziland with Nigeria circling it; enemies all round.

Ipob needs to incorporate many Igbo people and groups to lay solid foundations and beat every planned and unplanned traps lay for them, not even excluding war. Take for instance Education, I have had privileged to study in many regions but to be candid, education in the East is now 'cash and carry' compared with other regions. These lecturers should be seriously cautioned so as to lay good foundation for the new country. I wish Biafra come to pass if it's the desire of the majority Igbos. The point is how prepared is everyone?
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by michelz: 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
If you think Biafrans would fail....why don't you let them fail. Is it your failing? What is your own inside?

If igbos would suffer more when they leave, let them leave in peace and regret their decisions...why do you have to create threads upon threads about BIAFRA and the mistake they are about to make? Is it your business?

Focus on your Nigeria na...since Nigeria is paradise, focus on your paradise. Enjoy your electricity, enjoy your employment, enjoy your peace and abundance and allow children of God to rest!

Nawa o
My Brother,I see you're a proponent of Biafra and I have a feeling that you can be reasonable enough.
Tell me what major thing,just one,that you will stand to gain if Biafra is actualized?
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by dlondonbadboy: 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2017
michelz:

My Brother,I see you're a proponent of Biafra and I have a feeling that you can be reasonable enough.
Tell me what major thing,just one,that you will stand to gain if Biafra is actualized?

Tell me one thing you gain as a Nigerian and I'd tell you 5things I'd gain as a Biafran.
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by michelz: 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

Tell me one thing you gain as a Nigerian and I'd tell you 5things I'd gain as a Biafran.
If nothing else,as a Nigerian,you have the advantage of number.
Igbos are majorly traders,so they have a wider range of consumers that patronize them. Secondly,the billions of naira that your state governors get as monthly allocation that you never for once hold them accountable for will still be coming.
Also,Igbos are people who travel a lot and live in different places. If Biafra is actuality,that privilege will be lost. Igbo land can not accommodate all the Igbos spread all over the country. There will be chaos and strife.
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by pazienza(m): 10:02am On Jun 10, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
If you think Biafrans would fail....why don't you let them fail. Is it your failing? What is your own inside?

If igbos would suffer more when they leave, let them leave in peace and regret their decisions...why do you have to create threads upon threads about BIAFRA and the mistake they are about to make? Is it your business?

Focus on your Nigeria na...since Nigeria is paradise, focus on your paradise. Enjoy your electricity, enjoy your employment, enjoy your peace and abundance and allow children of God to rest!

Nawa o

Bia, mama nkechi, nwetalu alobamua ofu crate oompa! grin

Nice one, nwanne.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The All Powerful Satellite The US Might Deploy To Monitor Nigeria’s Election / How Do We Deal With A ‘problem’ Like The Igbos?, By Chido Onumah. PT / Orji Kalu On Cancelled Germany Trip: "I Am Not A Coward"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.