Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra (38269 Views)

Amaechi, Osinbajo And Other APC Leaders Looking Visibly Defeated At APC Meeting / Ezinne Chime And Ken Nnamani Are Engaged (Photos) / Buratai, 13 Others Taken To U.S. District Court Over Biafra Protests. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by BabaRamota1980: 5:54am On May 01, 2017
ABUJA-Discordant tunes greeted the agitation for the Sovereign State of Biafra Thursday following the disagreements among eminent Igbo personalities on the contentious issue at a book launch in Abuja.

The book “The Audacity of Power and the Nigeria Presidency-Exclusion of the South East in Nigeria’s Power Politics and the Spectre of Biafra” written by Godwin Ifeanyi Udibe and Law Mefor brought together the likes of former Senate President, Ken Nnamani, Senator Ben Obi, Enyinnaya Abaribe and Udenta Udenta.

Chairman of the occasion and former Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo represented by Senator Obi lauded the efforts of the authors, stressing that for a truth, the marginalization of the Igbo people is real.

“The book is a narrative of what has been happening to a group of people from the South-East. It is about how a people have been systematically harassed and denied,” Obi stated in his opening remarks.

For Senator Nnamani, what the Igbo needs is the restructuring of the Nigerian State to pave way for each of the federating units to grow at their own pace.

“Our people stand to gain from restructuring rather than agitation. By July 6th, it would be 50 years we went to war. I participated in Biafra war. Some other places that didn’t go to war are not doing better than us. If you take a look at Abuja, particularly hotels, about two-thirds of them are owned by people of the South-East or the South in general. The Yoruba are talking about restructuring, not exiting the union.

I am here to encourage our people that the idea of having our young ones who ought to be in the classrooms, parade the streets, demonstrating and trying to kill themselves or get shot at, will not help us.

The Igbo can still do it; we are known for our ingenuity, our industry…We have to be at the place where decisions are being made. Igbo are better off in Nigeria if there is restructuring and we are not afraid to compete. We are asking for a level playing field and we are prepared to compete. This is better than agitation. Go and read and get good certificates,” he said.

The book reviewer, Udenta Udenta also spoke in like manner, calling on those pushing for agitation to shelve the idea. “We cannot solve any problem without being able to influence the National Assembly to make laws that would work for the people.

The new Biafra is a broken memorization of a lost hope; it is utopian… In creating a new Biafra for example, I, a hard working intellectual who may want to contest election in my own local setting within the new Republic must contend with the billionaire class that may not have abolished the monetization of politics. If politics is still monetized, if you have wage labourers and wage employers, and gender issues; how do you create a nation if you suppress all these other identity issues and expect everybody to answer only one name?”

However, a former Commissioner of Information in Imo State, Nze Elvis Agukwe took Senator Nnamani to the cleaners, asking what has become of the education of the Igbo people in the political power game.

“We must continue to agitate for if the North is using Boko Haram to press home their interest, we will use agitation to press for power. Despite the level of our education, we have been left empty-handed,” said the ex-commissioner in a veiled response to Nnamani’s charge that Igbo youth should pick up their books and read their way to a brighter future.

Expectedlly, the former Senate President exited the venue of the book launch, visibly angry at the Agukwe’s choice of words and the manner of his expression.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/biafra-igbo-better-off-nigeria-restructuring/amp/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by policy12: 6:04am On May 01, 2017
..Confusion within the camp, wailers will like this.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by GavelSlam: 6:05am On May 01, 2017
They keep thinking the north use Boko Haram.

Is this also the case in Cameroun and other countries with insurgency?

Nigerians love conspiracies so much that after they invent them they believe them like a religion.

144 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by fernandoc(m): 6:08am On May 01, 2017
Why won't he walk out. After eating money with hopes that his opinion matters.

62 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Vicolan: 6:09am On May 01, 2017
We can't reason in one direction together!!!! It bound to happen.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by raker300: 6:10am On May 01, 2017
Ken nnamani is a crook..tried to destroy enugu because he had issues with chimaroke nnamani the then governor of enugu.

Ken is the reason chimaroke left pdp.. now the punk has joined apc. He's so politically irrevalant in the east...can't even point to a zinc he mounted in his name in enugu. Nonsense

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Mynd44: 6:11am On May 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

Nigerians love conspiracies so much that after they invent them they believe them like a religion.
When I hear people say the North used terrorism for political advantage I always say perhaps a few did but that few does not represent a double figure percential because who has lost more due to boko haram?

Same way when people try to tie it to Islam. I ask then to count how many Muslims have died as a result of boko haram compared to every other religion combined

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Nobody: 6:13am On May 01, 2017
GavelSlam:

Good observey.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Adminisher: 6:16am On May 01, 2017
I have always admired this Ken Nnamani

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Pierocash(m): 6:17am On May 01, 2017
Like i keep saying, agitation and seccession won't solve the igbo problem.Restrucructuring the nation is the best bet,only two category of people are in support of breakup (1)The corrupt southerners who want to use breakup to evade judgement (2)The gullibles and illiterates who knws nothing abt governance.
The Igbos are better off in Nigeria

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Nne5: 6:18am On May 01, 2017
That was no reason to walk out.

Go and read and get good certificates.
OK.After the certificates what else?

...our young ones who ought to be in classrooms, parade the streets, demonstrating and trying to kill themselves or get shot at...
But why should they get shot at?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by MrBONE2(m): 6:22am On May 01, 2017
grin
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Nutase: 6:24am On May 01, 2017
grin
Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Nobody: 6:29am On May 01, 2017
commenters above and below me dey vex. grin.... My fellow Igbos be like:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by EternalTruths: 6:32am On May 01, 2017
When the idiot Nnamani was the Senate President why couldn't he achieve Restructuring of Nigeria

Nincompoops claiming to be educated

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by nawtyme: 6:32am On May 01, 2017
Ken, restructuring will not work in Nigeria. In as much as it will be the best, it will not work.
Who will draft the terms of restructuring?
What will happen if the North refuses the terms of restructuring?
Has the principle of federal character been obeyed in employment in Nigeria even if it's is a horrible scheme we are still not getting the quota allocated to us Eg current DSS recruitment.?
What was the outcome of of the several reports submitted by committees assigned to correct the inequality in the Nigerian polity?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by nawtyme: 6:33am On May 01, 2017
Mynd44:

When I hear people say the North used terrorism for political advantage I always say perhaps a few did but that few does not represent a double figure percential because who has lost more due to boko haram?

Same way when people try to tie it to Islam. I ask then to count how many Muslims have died as a result of boko haram compared to every other religion combined
I have a few questions for you.
1.How did boko haram start?
2. Who, where and what were their initial targets?
3. What was the level of support they received from the Northerners and their elites initially before things went south?
4. When the former administration tried to crush them what was the response of the Northern elites including those who said "The fight against Boko Haram is Anti-north" and the refusal to extend the state of emergency despite agreeing to leave the governor in charge?
What ever we are seeing now is an after effect of honest answers to the questions I asked.
For example, few years ago, there was a terror sect in Abia state operating mainly around Ngwa axis. . They kidnapped civilians and even police men, killed many and took ransom for others. When the military came into Abia state, how many weeks did they need to kill osisikankwu? This is because they received plenty of cooperation from locals. It was a concerted effort to flush out the bad eggs from the community.
When a wound is left to foster, it turns to a sore and in the end, the leg is chopped off.

138 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by EternalTruths: 6:35am On May 01, 2017
Pierocash:
Like i keep saying, agitation and seccession won't solve the igbo problem.Restrucructuring the nation is the best bet,only two category of people are in support of breakup (1)The corrupt southerners who want to use breakup to evade judgement (2)The gullibles and illiterates who knws nothing abt governance.
The Igbos are better off in Nigeria

He was the Senate President, why couldn't he achieve Restructuring.?

Forget the idiot

45 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by EternalTruths: 6:36am On May 01, 2017
Mynd44:

What are you saying

" An attack on the Boko Haram is an attack on the North. " Buhari

Buhari became the President of Nigeria.? True or False

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by EternalTruths: 6:38am On May 01, 2017
fernandoc:
Why won't he walk out. After eating money with hopes that his opinion matters.

The idiot was the Senate President in the past but couldn't achieve Restructuring

Is he not an educated idiot

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by raker300: 6:40am On May 01, 2017
Mynd44:

this point is so redundant. Isis is a Muslim terrorist group that have killed more muslims than Christians.

Islam is more divided than you think; 2 Muslim countries are at Cold War with each other (Iran, Saudi Arabia)..your statement "Few muslims are terrorists" is an oxymoron

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by EternalTruths: 6:40am On May 01, 2017
raker300:
Ken nnamani is a crook..tried to destroy enugu because he had issues with chimaroke nnamani the then governor of enugu.

Ken is the reason chimaroke left pdp.. now the punk has joined apc. He's so politically irrevalant in the east...can't even point to a zinc he mounted in his name in enugu. Nonsense

He was the Senate President but couldn't achieve Restructuring

22 Likes

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by EternalTruths: 6:42am On May 01, 2017
Vicolan:
We can't reason in one direction together!!!! It bound to happen.

Any society where people reason in one direction is a Zombie society eg Herdsmen society is backward due to this type of reasoning.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Kingspin(m): 6:43am On May 01, 2017
Igbos has other things better to discuss than Ken Nnamani.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by EternalTruths: 6:45am On May 01, 2017
Nnamani the educated idiot who couldn't achieve Restructuring as Senate President should go and die

He can join Buhari at the other side of life

Bloody traitor

Biafrans should take note of these men

They and their families must be exiled

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by kitaatita: 6:48am On May 01, 2017
Nnamani is one of the most respected politicians in Nigeria. He is of course the most respected in the South East. I'm proud to share his opinion. I'm proud that he was my Senator

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by ISKANDER8TH: 6:51am On May 01, 2017
EternalTruths:
Nnamani the educated idiot who couldn't achieve Restructuring as Senate President should go and die

He can join Buhari at the other side of life

Bloody traitor

Biafrans should take note of these men

They and their families must be exiled

THAT NNAMDI OF A PUNK IS A 'FOOLS' & WILL D DISGRACED... INSTEAD OF RIDING ON THE CREST OF NNAMDI KALU'S ACHIEVEMENT TO CONSOLIDATE THE GAIN, D ZOMBIE IS DRAGING US BAC because OF HIS SELFISH AMBITION POSSIBLY HOPING FOR (VP)

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by EternalTruths: 6:53am On May 01, 2017
ISKANDER8TH:

THAT NNAMDI OF A PUNK IS A 'FOOLS' & WILL D DISGRACED... INSTEAD OF RIDING ON THE CREST OF NNAMDI KALU'S ACHIEVEMENT TO CONSOLIDATE THE GAIN, D ZOMBIE IS DRAGING US BAC because OF HIS SELFISH AMBITION POSSIBLY HOPING FOR (VP)

He will never represent the Igbos as a President neither will he live in Biafra.

He is a traitor

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by Mynd44: 6:53am On May 01, 2017
EternalTruths:

What are you saying

" An attack on the Boko Haram is an attack on the North. " Buhari

Buhari became the President of Nigeria.? True or False
And an Ex-President said "We are soft on Boko Haram because they are our brothers".

World leaders talk carelessly everytime to get supporters and political clout. You take them seriously?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by GrandGarcon: 6:54am On May 01, 2017
Adminisher:
I have always admired this Ken Nnamani
yes theievs will always admire theives.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra by EternalTruths: 6:54am On May 01, 2017
kitaatita:
Nnamani is one of the most respected politicians in Nigeria. He is of course the most respected in the South East. I'm proud to share his opinion. I'm proud that he was my Senator

You are proud of an idiot who couldn't achieve Restructuring as a Senate President then

You must be in his class of reasoning

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Youth Leader In Benue Assasinated (Graphic Photo) / Flood Takes Over Ajah Houses This Morning / Saraki Wins AIT Social Media Poll On Who Is A Greater Threat To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.