Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,824 members, 7,851,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:21 AM

Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North (801 Views)

Boko Haram Terrorists Fleeing From Soldiers During A Fierce Battle Yesterday / Buratai Warns Commanders Against Fleeing From Terrorists / I Took These Photos Of Fulanis Fleeing; Doctor Speaks On Nomadic Cattle Herding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by PMBNG(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2017
SOME Igbos resident in the north have already begun relocating to other parts of Nigeria, following the quit notice issued by the Coalition of Northern Youths.

Though the directive has now been rescinded, barely a week ago, the Coalition of Northern Youths had given all Igbos resident in the north a three month directive to vacate the region, and also asked Hausas in the east to return back to their places of origin.

Daily Post reports that during a visit to the God is Good Motor Park in Mando, Kaduna State on Thursday, June 8, the park was brimming with Igbos returning back to the east.

One of the fleeing Igbos identified himself as Ifeanyi Odozie, an electric appliance dealer.

ALSO READ: INEC Releases Details Of Election To Fill Adeleke’s Senate Seat
According to Odozie, he was leaving because he didn’t want to put his family at risk.

He further disclosed that he did not trust the government to protect him and his family.

Odozie stated: “I have been in this place for thirty years but I think I have overstayed my welcome here. I will take my family to the village and return by next week to sell off some of my belongings here.

“The federal government won’t be there to save us when problem starts.

“Since they (the northern youths) gave their order, who has been arrested?

“I also have my village, it is high time I returned home.”

ALSO READ: Grazing Law: Fayose Orders Arrest Of Irate Youths
Another Igbo who was interviewed identified herself as Chioma Okoye, a trader of second hand clothes at the Kaduna Central market in Kaduna.

In her words: “I want to go and rest for a while. I really don’t know what these people are up to. I will come back when they are ready to accommodate us.”

In Kano state, the situation was the same.

An angry Igbo man who identified himself as Mazi Obiekwe angrily scolded a reporter saying, “go and ask Buhari and his kinsmen why they want us to leave their land.”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/06/quit-notice-igbos-begin-fleeing-north/

Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 8:39am On Jun 10, 2017
Very good ... We want BIAFRA ... QED!
Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by PMBNG(m): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2017
grin
Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by Epositive(m): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2017
shiit is getting real here in FCT, my neighbour(ibo) placed "for sale" in front of his crib yesterday angry

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 10, 2017
Wonderful...
Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by Collinsnice(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2017
OK

Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by slimfit1(m): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2017
To protect his investment

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by PROUDLYAFONJA1: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2017
Lol, coward people cheesy grin grin grin grin
sad angrybut dey should just go straight to their potopoto pit oo or namadi kunu compound to feed una, don't branch west or else na lagoon straight embarassed tongue tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by EternalTruth: 9:30am On Jun 10, 2017
Come back home my brethren. We all know that the North is a dry region.
Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by xynerise: 9:35am On Jun 10, 2017
PROUDLYAFONJA1:
sad angrybut dey should just go straight to their potopoto pit oo don't branch west or else na lagoon straight embarassed tongue tongue grin

Is that your definition of coward?

To me,I see it as mission accomplished grin

1 Like

Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by Stricker321: 9:38am On Jun 10, 2017
Please come back home my people and leave the core north for northerners.
Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by Stricker321: 9:38am On Jun 10, 2017
PROUDLYAFONJA1:
sad angrybut dey should just go straight to their potopoto pit oo don't branch west or else na lagoon straight embarassed tongue tongue grin

Mission being accomplished.

Things are gradually taking shape.
Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by Nne5: 9:40am On Jun 10, 2017
cool
Re: Quit Notice: Igbos Begin Fleeing From North by ZombieTERROR: 9:51am On Jun 10, 2017
PROUDLYAFONJA1:
If truly you are a Yoruba person
You are a disgrace to the Yoruba race

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje / See The Moment Osinbajo Arrived London To See Buhari (photos) / Today Is July 21st. :waiting For Biafra independence Declaration by trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.