Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:03 AM

Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje (817 Views)

Yemi Osinbajo Signs The 2017 Budget Bill Into Law (Photos) / Police Carted Away 2017 Budget Documents, Goje Tells Senate / SERAP Exposes Fresh Padding In 2017 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by adioolayi(m): 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN on Thursday said it was regrettable that the Senate Committee Chairman on Appropriation, Senator Danjuma Goje would seek to trivialize the issues he raised about the unilateral slashing of the budgetary allocation to key national infrastructure by the National Assembly.

In a Statement personally signed by the Minister and sent in from Zimbabwe where he is currently attending the 35th Annual General Meeting of the Shelter Afrique, Fashola said he was responding only for the purpose of refocusing attention to the issues at stake.

According to the Minister, the Senator’s reference to the patriotism of legislators should not be spoken but demonstrated as regards his calls for a more developmental budgeting approach.

Explaining this further, the Minister declared: “In this context, it is left for Nigerians to then decide whether budgeting for constituency roads is more patriotic than budgeting to complete the Kano-Maiduguri Road that connects five states, the Lagos-Ibadan road that connects three states and helps to move food, imported goods and fuel across the country; or the 2nd Niger Bridge that connects the East and West geopolitical zones of at least 11 states together.

“I will also leave Nigerians to judge whether it is more patriotic to budget for the Mambilla Power Project that will contribute to more power across Nigeria or reduce the budget to build street lights in legislative constituencies.”

The Minister noted that the response to the issues he raised certainly should not have been accusations of his blackmailing the Legislature or referring to those who shared his views as his “surrogates”.

Reiterating his respect for the Parliament as a House where very vigorous debates about development should take place, Fashola advised Senator Goje to acquire the temperament for such debate and disagreement.

“Let me reiterate that I see parliament as a House where very vigorous debates about development should take place and it is important for Goje to acquire the temperament of debate and disagreement”.

Decrying the senator’s admonition that he should learn how to “behave” like a “Minister” and the reference to the Senate awaiting how he would be “handled” by the House of Representatives, the Minister declared, “ I think first that the language is unparliamentary and therefore not deserving of a reply”.

Noting that Goje’s faux pas gave a clearer insight into how the Senator and those who may be minded like him may be thinking having transited from the Executive arm to the Legislative arm, the Minister called for caution.

” It seems that it is such people who need a behavioural prescription about legislative function,” Fashola said.

According to the Minister, a good budget remained a necessary tool for the executive to do its work because when services were inadequate, the members of the public often looked to the executive arm for answers.
“I need a better budget as a tool to do my work and that is why l am speaking out”, he said.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/07/06/dont-trivialise-issues-raised-2017-budget-fashola-warns-goje/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by adioolayi(m): 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
lalasticlala bring mynd44 and move this news to the promise land.....Senate or Fashola The debate is on...The house of rep should be fully kitted to avoid being schooled like kindergarten by this honorable Minister.
Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by Realdeals(m): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
It could take like 3 readings for Goje to understand this line. Fashola handing out coded yab.
Noting that Goje’s faux pas gave a clearer insight into how the Senator and those who may be minded like him may be thinking having transited from the Executive arm to the Legislative arm, the Minister called for caution.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by Raydos: 9:13pm On Jul 06, 2017
Please Increase The Volume Of The Window...... Heat Is Happening To Me angry
Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
Fashola my main man, dealing out blinding blows like a real cerebral Lagosian. Goje where is your clap back
Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by Walelavender(m): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2017
Goje is a mere cry baby. Fash baba is smarter.
Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by Cloud007: 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
NA does not av the word Patriot in their activities
Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by vedaxcool(m): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
Fashola a nightmare to dumb senator.
Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by tooth4tooth: 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
According to the Minister, a good budget remained a necessary tool for the executive to do its work because when services were inadequate, the members of the public often looked to the executive arm for answers.

Fashola is on point there. We point fingers at the executives which is normal. But we have always been silent on what the legilatures do with the their respective constituency projects.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by seunmsg(m): 9:28pm On Jul 06, 2017
If some of these our silly senators know what is good for them, they should stop responding and let this matter quietly die down. Fashola is not the kind of leader that can be cowed or intimidated. The more they engage him, the more he robs them on the floor.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by tesppidd: 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
Lol. Fashola delivered a lot of subliminals there. The man wouldn't even understand whether fashola was yabbing him or not. Let's wait and see how our aboki senator would clap back.
Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by TheFreeOne: 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
“Let me reiterate that I see parliament as a House where very vigorous debates about development should take place and it is important for Goje to acquire the temperament of debate and disagreement”.

” It seems that it is such people who need a behavioural prescription about legislative function,” Fashola said.

Jesu.. Fashola just gave goje 'penude' (shut up) response.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by NOC1(m): 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
They said Fashola personally wrote the letter, if you know the man Fash you will agree with me that this was his hand writing and ink.
Fash just said Goje shut up, you're ranting like your name.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by Ogbuefi2020: 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
tesppidd:
Lol. Fashola delivered a lot of subliminals there. The man wouldn't even understand whether fashola was yabbing him or not. Let's wait and see how our aboki senator would clap back.
Fashola de craze to openly yab his northern master?
Re: Don’t Trivialise Issues Raised In 2017 Budget, Fashola Warns Goje by rottennaija(m): 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
What Can I say? Fashola, the Slay King. He really slays this

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"I Remain APC Leader For Ikwerre/emohua -whihioka Dares Amaechi / No Need For Biafra Agitation- Kalu Blasts Ipob / Chief Ralph Uwazuruike Floats Another Radio Biafra In Germany.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.