Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not (4404 Views)

Babatunde Gbadamosi: Let Us Break Nigeria If North Retains Power In 2023 / 2019 Elections; Nigeria Will Collapse If North/buhari Continue Ruling - ACF / "No Oil From Niger Delta If North Sabotages Osinbajo" – Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Amadi600: 10:56am On Jun 10, 2017
i have been a member of Nairaland since 2008 i always visit nairaland almost every day but i don't have an account . i decided
to open an account today Please my people I need an advice my 2 brothers have been living in North since 2012 doing business but The problem now is that Northern told all the Igbos to leave northern states before October 1st 2017 . i have told my brothers to start preparing coming back home they told me that they order the Northern youths gave is only for Igbos that it will not affect any person from South-South . but the problem i have is that my brothers are bearing Igbos names Okechukwu and Chukwuemeka even our surname is also igbo name. Please i want to know if the north want to evict igbos from north will they ask everybody that is not from North to present there ID Card because we are from Ikwerre in Rivers state and Nigeria government recognizes us as different tribe from Igbos .I'm very worry because my brothers used there real names in all there ID cards which is Igbo names and i doubt if they north will give them chance to explain to them that they are from Ikwerre not Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by HungerBAD: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2017
Even the Yoruba's from what i have been reading are leaving too.

24 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Amadi600: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2017
HungerBAD:

I have told them to leave but the refused. please do you have any reason i will give them to convince them to start coming back home i don't want to lose my brothers
Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Lajet: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2017
Amadi600:
i have been a member of Nairaland since 2008 i always visit nairaland almost every day but i don't have an account . i decided
to open an account today Please my people I need an advice my 2 brothers have been living in North since 2012 doing business but The problem now is that Northern told all the Igbos to leave northern states before October 1st 2017 . i have told my brothers to start preparing coming back home they told me that they order the Northern youths gave is only for Igbos that it will not affect any person from South-South . but the problem i have is that my brothers are bearing Igbos names Okechukwu and Chukwuemeka even our surname is also igbo name. Please i want to know if the north want to evict igbos from north will they ask everybody that is not from North to present there ID Card because we are from Ikwerre in Rivers state and Nigeria government recognizes us as different tribe from Igbos .I'm very worry because my brothers used there real names in all there ID cards which is Igbo names and i doubt if they north will give them chance to explain to them that they are from Ikwerre not Igbo.

You better tell your brothers to start leaving north for there own good

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by HungerBAD: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2017
Amadi600:

I have told them to leave but the refused. please do you have any reason i will give them to convince them to start coming back home i don't want to lose my brothers

It is a difficult thing for one to just pack up and leave their lives work some where.

But tell them life first,and they should endeavour to be close to a military installation if they decide not to leave.

Had part of my Secondary Schooling in the Caliphate State then,and it was some thing like this that made me cut my education short and return back to Lagos.

Lost 1 of my classmates who was from the South. I have neither talked or stepped foot into the North since,and that includes Abuja.

Without going into details,my advice is simple. When it comes to any matter from the North,please take it very seriously.

Even on Nairaland here,i have never written anything about the North once,and that is how serious i take them.

I have witnessed their fury first hand,and i prefer staying in my lane from them.

--Modified-

I see somebody is asking a question down there. How many times will i write it here that my support to the APC has nothing to do with Buhari?how many times will i write it here that my loyalty to the APC lies with the Tinubu faction and their good governance?and how many times do i need to correct you people that i am not Yoruba?even if i was born and grew up there?but of course,you guys want to believe in whatever you believe in.

10 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by vic620(m): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Don't worry yourself your brothers will be well looked after when the eviction starts. Just tell them you are ikwere... Ikwere is not Igbo kpomkwem.

21 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Ugomba(m): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Why will they leave.
The abookki that gave you a Nairaland "LIKE" when you wrote ikwerre is not Igbo, will be the one to slice your throat with a sharp dagger.
So stay!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 10, 2017
First ask your yourself if you are igbo if answer is yes dont be afraid we igbos we will protect yourself if the need arise but if no is your answer tell them to relocate because igbo cant protect does that dont believe in them as ones. Am staying in kaduna sabo nothing there happen here we they

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by pazienza(m): 11:12am On Jun 10, 2017
Ask them to add the letter "R" in front of their names, and add some W and H to them as well, it would surely de Igbonize the names.They can as well remove the first letters.

For example, Okechukwu can be reduced first to Kechuku, then to Rkechuku and then to "Rwhkechuku"

Chukwuemeka to Chukumeka, to Rchukumeka and then to "Rwhchumeka".

For OP your name can be changed to Ramadi, to Rwhamadi.

Problem solved. grin They would even think you are from Rwanda.

The typical Ikwerre don't resemble Igbos we have been told, I'm sure with these name modifications, they would be ok. cool

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Customer80: 11:13am On Jun 10, 2017
HungerBAD:
why should yorubas leave even when hausa fulani did not evict them

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Amadi600: 11:19am On Jun 10, 2017
HungerBAD:

It is a difficult thing for one to just pack up and leave their lives work some where.

But tell them life first,and they should endeavour to be close to a military installation if they decide not to leave.

Had part of my Secondary Schooling in the Caliphate State then,and it was some thing like this that made me cut my education short and return back to Lagos.

Lost 1 of my classmates who was from the South. I have neither talked or stepped foot into the North since,and that includes Abuja.

Without going into details,my advice is simple. When it comes to any matter from the North,please take it very seriously.

Even on Nairaland here,i have never written anything about the North once,and that is how serious i take them.

I have witnessed their fury first hand,and i prefer staying in my lane from them.

Thanks very much for your advice i will convince them to start coming back home

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Amadi600: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2017
pazienza:
Ask them to add the letter "R" in front of their names, and add some W and H to them as well, it would surely de Igbonize the names.They can as well remove the first letters.

For example, Okechukwu can be reduced first to Kechuku, then to Rkechuku and then to "Rwhkechuku"

Chukwuemeka to Chukumeka, to Rchukumeka and then to "Rwhchumeka".

For OP your name can be changed to Ramadi, to Rwhamadi.

Problem solved. grin They would even think you are from Rwanda.

The typical Ikwerre don't resemble Igbos we have been told, I'm sure with these name modifications, they would be ok. cool

Bros this thing you are saying is not possible how can they change there names in there International Passport
Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Klinee: 11:23am On Jun 10, 2017
All this South South Igbo act so mumuish and foolish, The northerners doesn't know anything called Ikwere, that's why you guys fall victim most.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by xynerise: 11:23am On Jun 10, 2017
Customer80:

I dey laugh you grin

12 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Amadi600: 11:23am On Jun 10, 2017
Ugomba:
Why will they leave.
The abookki that gave you a Nairaland "LIKE" when you wrote ikwerre is not Igbo, will be the one to slice your throat with a sharp dagger.
So stay!

Bros this is a serious matter there's no need for this now. because i only registered in Nairaland just today
Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by pazienza(m): 11:32am On Jun 10, 2017
Amadi600:

Bros this thing you are saying is not possible how can they change there names in there International Passport

Well. Too bad for them. They have already made the mistake.
But they can prevent their children from doing same, by implementing all I had said, you know, it might come handy in the future.

But come o! Did you say international passport? Do they need international passport to stay in the North?
All they need is a voters card, driving licence, or national ID card to prove their identity. They are already non Igbo looking, I'm sure they can get new drivers licence to reflect those name changes, they just need to grease some hands.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by ariesbull: 11:34am On Jun 10, 2017
Amadi600:

Bros this is a serious matter there's no need for this now. because i only registered in Nairaland just today

Amadi is an Igbo name
Welcome to Nigeria prime madhouse aka Nairaland

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Cooly100: 11:35am On Jun 10, 2017
vic620:
Don't worry yourself your brothers will be well looked after when the eviction starts. Just tell them you are ikwere... Ikwere is not Igbo kpomkwem.

You wicked Kai!! Now the chicken is coming home to roost...

6 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by HammerEvery(f): 11:36am On Jun 10, 2017
HungerBAD:

So you've suffered all these in the north and still defend them when the SE/SS challenge them. You are the biggest supporter of Arewa rule and subjugation of the south on this forum. How can you support the subsistence of a contraption when you know you can't visit that part of the country?

yoruba let me ask you again- why are you people like this? Why do you see black but proclaim it white?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by pazienza(m): 11:40am On Jun 10, 2017
ariesbull:

Amadi is an Igbo name
Welcome to Nigeria prime madhouse aka Nairaland

Ehm, there is a certain Joel Amadi, the Tuface look alike, that sings, but he hails from Idoma( Benue)like Tuface, so not all Amadis are Igbo.
His own Amadi, certainly isn't Igbo, it's Ikwerre, but I guess the Aboki with matchete wouldnt have time to listen to the "dogo turenchi" of how his own Amadi isn't Igbo. grin

But chelukwanu! I thought we were told by Ikwerre nationalists that Ikwerres don't leave their New York city, sorry Ph city for another man's city or town. Everything they need is supposed to be in Rivers state.
What then is an Ikwerre man brothers doing in core North
This OP must be a liar grin

cc: HopeAthand

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Amadi600: 11:41am On Jun 10, 2017
pazienza:

Well. Too bad for them. They have already made the mistake.
But they can prevent their children from doing same, by implementing all I had said, you know, it might come handy in the future.

But come o! Did you say international passport? Do they need international passport to stay in the North?
All they need is a voters card, driving licence, or national ID card to prove their identity. They are already non Igbo looking, I'm sure they can get new drivers licence to reflect those name changes, they just need to grease some hands.

Bros all the names you mentioned for them to change it from there real names does not mean anything in Ikwerre . and how can somebody change his real names to what does not mean anything.
Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by ariesbull: 11:51am On Jun 10, 2017
Amadi600:

There is no reason .....how do you explain to Hausa man that a man named Okechukwu is not Igbo .

How do you even explain that to Igbo

Leave them....just start printing their obituary in advance ....I hope it doesn't get to that

11 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by ariesbull: 11:52am On Jun 10, 2017
pazienza:

Ehm, there is a certain Joel Amadi, the Tuface look alike, that sings, but he hails from Idoma( Benue)like Tuface, so not all Amadis are Igbo.
His own Amadi, certainly isn't Igbo, it's Ikwerre, but I guess the Aboki with matchete wouldnt have time to listen to the "dogo turenchi" of how his own Amadi isn't Igbo. grin

But chelukwanu! I thought we were told by Ikwerre nationalists that Ikwerres don't leave their New York city, sorry Ph city for another man's city or town. Everything they need is supposed to be in Rivers state.

Where is tonychristopher when we need him

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by ariesbull: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2017
Customer80:

Colleteral damage thins

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Nightwolf1: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2017
Op dont bother urself anymore. Tell ur brothers to come back simple. Those Hausa people along hotel presidential won't go scot free shud anytin happen on October first.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by ariesbull: 11:57am On Jun 10, 2017
pazienza:

There are part of Benue tgr speaks Igbo also

Sir

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by pazienza(m): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
ariesbull:

There are part of Benue tgr speaks Igbo also

Sir

Certainly! The Umuezekoha clan.
I know about them.

But Joel Amadi isn't from that part. He is a pure Idoma man. Amadi in Idoma doesn't connote same meaning as those in Igboland.

Are you aware that "Ozioma" is an Ebira name? Mercy Johnson middle name is Ozioma with entirely different meaning from those of Ndiigbo. Mercy Johnson is an Ebira woman.

But Amadi in both Ikwerre and Igbo connote same meaning. But who cares? Certainly not the daga wielding northerner after Amadi from Ikwerre head. cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by dealslip(f): 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
HammerEvery:

So you've suffered all these in the north and still defend them when the SE/SS challenge them. You are the biggest supporter of Arewa rule and subjugation of the south on this forum. How can you support the subsistence of a contraption when you know you can't visit that part of the country?

yoruba let me ask you again- why are you people like this? Why do you see black but proclaim it white?
Are you sick ni? Can't you sort out your issues with out calling Afonja. Wetin concern Afonja with Ikwerre now?

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by ariesbull: 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
pazienza:

I know about them.

But Joel Amadi isn't from that part. He is a pure Idoma man. Amadi in Idoma doesn't connote same meaning as those in Igboland.

Are you aware that "Ozioma" is an Ebira name? Mercy Johnson middle name is Ozioma with entirely different meaning from those of Ndiigbo. Mercy Johnson is an Ebira woman.

But Amadi in both Ikwerre and Igbo connote same meaning. But who cares? Certainly not the daga wielding northerner after Amadi from Ikwerre head. cheesy

I don't doubt that...but do you know the Igbo have cultural relationship with idoma-igalla

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by Customer80: 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
pazienza:

I know about them.

Mercy Johnson mother is igbo, ebira don't answer ozioma

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by pazienza(m): 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
ariesbull:

I don't doubt that...but do you know the Igbo have cultural relationship with idoma-igalla

Yes! Yet it didn't stop them( Idoma and Tiv) all from ganging up with Arewa to unleash death on Igbos in Markurdi in 1966.

Don't be deceived. They are but our neighbors, not brothers. We can all become good neighbors in the future though, but it shouldn't exceed that.

All ideas of a multi ethnic Biafra must be buried, lf we(Ndiigbo) must move on as a people.

15 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Person What To Know If North Threat Will Affect Them Or Not by ariesbull: 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
pazienza:

Yes! Yet it didn't stop them( Idoma and Tiv) all from ganging up with Arewa to unleash death on Igbos in Markurdi in 1966.

Don't be deceived. They are but our neighbors, not brothers. We can all become good neighbors in the future though, but it shouldn't exceed that.

All ideas of a multi ethnic Biafra must be buried, lf we(Ndiigbo) must move on as a people.

Your correct ..but they have apologised..

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Obasanjo Settles For Dankwambo, Considers Rejoining PDP / Biafra: Wike We Rivers People Are Ready To Fish Out IPOB From Our State / Open Question: How Many Ijaw Men Are Agitating For Igbo President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.