Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured (83822 Views)

Armed Robber Shot Dead At Zenith Bank, Owerri By Police (Graphic Photos) / Police Reacts Over The Killing Of Malaysia-Based Nigerian In Owerri. Pictured / I Was At The Robbery Scene To Patronize Prostitutes: Suspect Confess(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Bullhari007(m): 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
Bull-hari is a mad cow

2 Likes

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by otswag(m): 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
mployer:
The policeman died. Go and watch the video again.
the person in blue that died in the video was one of the robbers. Go watch it again

3 Likes

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by hokafor(m): 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
So went ad hid like a cat your colleague was killed, where did u sustain those bullet wounds from? Because i only saw one brave helpless officer

3 Likes

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by salford1: 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
Unimaginable123:
That's not the gallant officer naa. If only this guy and the 3rd policeman in that security post had joined forces with the gallant officer, they would have gunned down the 4 robbers. Especially that fat driver in blue
but hails of bullet were fired at the security post. He and the 3rd mopol might have been demobilized immediately. The brave one was lucky to an extent that the hails of bullets missed him...therefore saved their lives, else the animal that got shot would have finished them off.

Watching the video...there were initially two active shooters from the security post as well returning fire. One around d door and another from the window. There were definitly more than one mopol in that room.

4 Likes

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Some of us are here yarning Apata. No reasoning by Nigerians by at all. What if this is one of the Policeman and he was caught in a cross fire? Or did you people not see when the armed robber went in there and fired at least a shot before one of them gunned him down?

Have you people ever seen a police outpost in a bank being manned by one police man?

6 Likes

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by MrIcredible: 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
ShakurM:
How did he lose his eye?
By looking elsewhere undecided
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by ochobaba(m): 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
bionixs:
he is a warrior
Ah dey tell you
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Ajibel(m): 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
no he was pecked in the eyes

By a wood pecker?
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by zicoraads: 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
Personally, I would have donated thousands to the other guy that kept shooting, if this was him. The police and bank should foot the bills for him.

As for the other police man, can someone who is credible and in the know bring his immediate family to limelight? A fund for his wife and family maybe?

3 Likes

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by olawumia(m): 6:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
According to punchng the man died April , two mouths after d incident
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Rooneyboy(m): 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
otswag:
the person in blue that died in the video was one of the robbers. Go watch it again

Oga , the police man that engaged the thieves also died (months after) not in the video.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by aghemm9110: 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
Thank God that he survived it, but Zenith Bank should be able to pay for the treatment

1 Like

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by doctokwus: 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
HRHMcKaydaKing:
i'm not buying this crap!!! God knows.

Far as we know it was only the now late sergeant Igboko that was involved in that battle.
If this officer was there that day,why didn't him or any other return fire as late Sergeant Igboko was being rained and chased by bullets from that single offensive robber!
Until there is concrete evidence that this policeman was there,i ain't buying this story.For all we know this officer was involved in an entirely different scenario and bloggers want to cash in.

1 Like

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by segzyogondus(m): 6:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
So the bank dey so heartless not to help am ,I no understand this one oooo
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by goodnija: 6:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
It is worth risking ur life for anything in this country?
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by madjune(m): 6:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
I did not see him in that video...so no nice comments for him.

The only brave person died...he hid when it mattered most and now he wants help.

As for the money he needs for the surgery; let them collate the 100Naira they have been taking from checkpoints and treat him, if that is not enough,
They should mount more checkpoints and roadblocks to raise funds...

I will rather use my money for sacrifice than donate a penny of it to the world's most wicked police.

You're a very wicked and mean spirited ass.
Why are you like this?

So, the only one that deserves your penny is the dead one?
This guy could be one of the others inside the post who got shot and couldn't come out..that doesn't mean they didn't fight back.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by hamzytiny(m): 6:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
Make dem kari am go block dem saraki 4 hols of assembly naw abi federal govt dem kw watch d video ni
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by doctokwus: 6:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
zicoraads:

As for the other police man, can someone who is credible and in the know bring his immediate family to limelight? A fund for his wife and family maybe?
Supported and endorsed.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Abbeyme: 6:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Walahi,
Your English is even more scary!

Thanks for the lengthy correction.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Electroweb(m): 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
Cant the bank foot the bill? Is it only to declare profit at the end of every financial year that they are good at? To embark on corporate social responsibility they will be drawing back. Smh
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by mployer(m): 6:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
otswag:

Lol

The policeman died. You don't need to see his corpse to know he died.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by 2shure: 6:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
He is a sfammer.
Do not give him one penny.
How fome he bare skin
He also is totally diff from the coti with the ak.
See for yourself.
He is a scammer

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by intruxive(m): 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
Nigeria is in trouble. How come we have lost our sense of compassion, everyone is expressing doubts yet no one can prove its not the guy in the video
1. The op did not give an account for donations
2. The person in the pix is obviously badly wounded
3. Everyone who saw the video agrees the policeman is very brave
But the only thing we all want to point out is negative
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by naptu2: 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
doctokwus, jakumo, slap1, mployer, partnerbiz2, nubilove, jabioro, imam07,
Justuceleague2

OneHead:

The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police

The robbery attack actually was made in Febuary 2017,and the Brave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is Dead already.

Sergeant Chukwudi Iboko, The brave policeman, who was fast and smart enough to gun down one of the armed robbers before taking cover to protect his life and and commendably life of others is reportedly dead since April

Brave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is DeadBrave Policeman In The Bank Robbery Video is Dead after clip shows he was shot here

Soldier Shoots Fellow Hausa Brother For Packing Sand.

The viral footage which was clearly as a CCTV record from the bank may have been seized all the while for security and investigative reasons, Naaija.com gathered

The video which clearly showed every movement within its reach showed a black car come in first, only to be followed by a black Hyundai Elantra, some seconds later making the gate unable to be locked with the way it parked, Four men then emerged from the vehicle, with three holding weapons, which looked like AK47 rifles.

WATCH VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oToI-YQImUQ

The footage reveals the first person out of the vehicle releasing a shot which caused many people at the entrance of the bank, including the uniformed security man, who opened the gate and melted off at the sight of spontaneous gunshots to protect his unarmed self

But the robbers were swiftly engaged in a gun battle. Shots rang out from the security post at the bank’s entrance, shattering the car windows. An occupant of the car shot back. But one of the robbers, who had tried to attack the occupant of the security post, was instantly shot dead.

The video shows Iboko who shot him escaping from security post, while one of the other robbers pursued and shot after him. The Imo State Police Command informed news men that owing to the multiple gunshot injuries sustained by Iboko, he succumbed to his injuries two months later while in intensive care.

Spokesperson for the command, Mr. Andrew Enwerem, explained that two other policemen were in the security post during the shootout and also sustained gunshot injuries.

“They were in intensive care for up to two months. The two survived but Iboko died. He was a sergeant and mobile policeman,” Enwerem said.

But to Naaija.com ‘s amazement, The police said they do not know the sergeants age or his hometown.

Since the video became viral, there have been calls to reveal the fate of the cop as Nigerians demanded more recognition and honour for the deceased policeman.

http://www.naaija.com/2017/06/brave-policeman-bank-robbery-video-died-april/

https://www.nairaland.com/3851650/brave-sergeant-zenith-bank-robbery
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by StarBukola(f): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The only brave person died...he hid when it mattered most and now he wants help.

As for the money he needs for the surgery; let them collate the 100Naira they have been taking from checkpoints and treat him, if that is not enough,

I will rather use my money for sacrifice than donate a penny of it to the world's most wicked police.
u wicked o
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Joel3(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
it look like the guy who ran out from that post somehow oh. but it might be that he was another guy inside the post.

among all he should be investigated and if found true government official should help out. he already lost one eye and have been dismissed from the force.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

There are certain nefarious, odoriferous, incorrigible and delinquent Nairalanders that think hiding and cowering is what they should have done.

Bunch of yellow bellies.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by laadtech: 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Perhaps if him and his other colleague weren't hiding and also engaged the robbers in gun duel like their brave colleague did they would probably killed all the robbers without sustaining much injuries.
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by Toosure70: 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
fake news
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by koladebrainiac(m): 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The only thing that made you spew all these is becsuse he is not Igbo n this is your tribal sentiment talking
Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by chrisskynet(m): 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This Nut head again.. well i ain't surprise.

1 Like

Re: The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured by imam07: 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
Like i was trying to convince some people that the cop was on jazz. First if u are on jazz and bullet hit u at a particular place,the bullet will give u serious wound if the shooter is at close range.He was hit at the eyes and the leg as i see here.I discovered d bullet hit him immediately he ran out of the security house not after he ran to hid himself the bank building because it is a tight corner that is why the guy running after him cant get closer.
You can all see the tight corner between the fence and the bank building in the picture below.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kidnappers Kill Member For Fleeing With N5m, Buying Lexus (pics) / Yabatech Student Assaulted In Oshodi Bus By 8 Men / White Men Holding The Breasts Of African Women Slaves (Throwback Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.