Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? (12221 Views)

Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network / Bishop Tom Samson Dressed In Military Outfit To Minister In Church / The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:49am On Jun 11, 2017
What can we learn from the life of Samson? How is understanding the life of Samson valuable to our spiritual growth? (See Judges chapters 13 to 16).
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by Nobody: 4:57am On Jun 11, 2017
The most important for me is that the story portrays how the presence power of God can be very technical and regal. It depends on the absence or presence of the conditions of the covenant, very seasonal and actually varies in degrees, so you can hear phrase like, when his hair started growing, strength started returning.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by bolinjkezzy(m): 5:10am On Jun 11, 2017
The only thing I learnt from his story is not to be stupid.... The guy is really stupid

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:10am On Jun 11, 2017
Muafrika2:

The most important for me is that the story portrays how the presence power of God can be very technical and regal. It depends on the absence or presence of the conditions of the covenant, very seasonal and actually varies in degrees, so you can hear phrase like, when his hair started growing, strength started returning.

It is also fascinating to know that the Scriptures records the Spirit of the Lord coming upon Samson at least thrice (See Judges 14:6, 19: 15:14). smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by bolinjkezzy(m): 5:10am On Jun 11, 2017
The only thing I learnt from his story is not to be stupid.... The guy was really stupid

2 Likes

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:13am On Jun 11, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

The only thing I learnt from his story is not to be stupid.... The guy is really stupid

Can you kindly explain to us why you think Samson was stupid?
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by Nobody: 5:16am On Jun 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

It is also fascinating to know that the Scriptures records the Spirit of the Lord coming upon Samson at least thrice (See Judges 14:6, 19: 15:14). smiley
Yeah.

1 Like

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by bolinjkezzy(m): 5:27am On Jun 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Can you kindly explain to us why you think Samson was stupid?
Because he was betrayed three times by his so called wife....who does dat?

13 Likes

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:33am On Jun 11, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

Because he was betrayed three times by his so called wife....who does dat?

Who was his 'so called wife' and how did she betray him three times?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by bolinjkezzy(m): 5:46am On Jun 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Who was his 'so called wife' and how did she betray him three times?
Delilah if am not mistaken.... she ask him what the secrets of his power are and he gave her the wrong one twice before finally completing his stupidity at the last attempt

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:51am On Jun 11, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

Delilah if am not mistaken.... she ask him what the secrets of his power are and he gave her the wrong one twice before finally completing his stupidity at the last attempt

Was Delilah Samson's wife?

6 Likes

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by bolinjkezzy(m): 6:01am On Jun 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Wife..concubine.. prostitute That's irrelevant The subject of the matter is that he was very stupid

26 Likes

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:13am On Jun 11, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

Wife..concubine.. prostitute That's irrelevant
The subject of the matter is that he was very stupid

Even though he lived a reckless life he still managed to fulful God's purpose on earth and was named in the Scriptures as a hero of faith.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by AngelicDamsel(f): 6:26am On Jun 11, 2017
What I learnt from the life of Samson is................................................ The power of woman over man grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by uboma(m): 7:18am On Jun 11, 2017
AngelicDamsel:
What I learnt from the life of Samson is................................................ The power of woman over man

Don't be too confident.

Not all men will fall for the tricks of women.

of course, Samson fell once but later repented....

4 Likes

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by hopefulLandlord: 7:28am On Jun 11, 2017
Story of Samson is arguably the most absurd story ever!!!!

Samson was a man given ultimate power by Yaweh but fell in the hands of Delilah to the philistines.

Delilah tried to get the deepest secret samson ever had, the secrets of his power...and the story went like this:

1st attempt: After much pressure, Samson gave Delilah a wrong answer "If they bind me with seven green withes that were never dried, then shall I be weak, and be as another man."

And behold the very next day, Samson was bound with seven green withes..

People tell me, even the most stupidest person in the world will realise at this point he has been betrayed, but dont laugh yet as there was attempt no 2

No 2: After the 1st failed, the strongest man had no clue his most precious secret has been given away by the only woman he told but went ahead to bow to more pressure and he gave another wrong answer as "If they bind me fast with new ropes that never were occupied, then shall I be weak, and be as another man."

Behold, the very next day, his hands were tied with the new ropes but is it not amazing that he still had no clue he was being betrayed?? Now at this point I am almost passing out of shock for this level of stupidity if it ever existed

Attempt no 3: Yes there was a 3rd attempt, believe me a 3rd attempt !!!!!
"If thou weavest the seven locks of my head with the web.
and yet it happened again.

Even if someone is cursed with stupidity, it cant be this terrible to now give a 4th chance of eventually revealing his most precious secret to som1 that has betrayed him 3 times consecutively..

Aba!!! bible stories??

Now guys, don't laugh off your eyes yet because the part that killed it all was after the philistines cut off his hair and finally caught the most dreaded enemy of their generation.

These guys knew his source of power was his hair, but it is astonishing that a large number of stupid people did not know hairs can grow...or did not know that they would need to shave off his hairs daily but they let him alone till his hairs grew back.

The writer (s) must be on some strong stuff; but christians believe this story!! infact they have an obligation to

credit: Realmindz

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by ichuka(m): 7:40am On Jun 11, 2017
When we read Judges and see the strength of Samson, it becomes clear to us that the Holy Spirit can bestow great strength upon man's body.Although Samson did many immoral things and although the Holy Spirit may not necessarily give this great strength to every believer, one thing is certain: if we depend upon His indwelling, we will always obtain His strength to supply all of our daily needs.

6 Likes

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by DarkRebel69: 7:49am On Jun 11, 2017
Think with your head, not your pënis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by Ifeconwaba(m): 7:50am On Jun 11, 2017
he lacks self control and control of his tongue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by Juni4jay(m): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2017
What I learnt is that.
No matter how strong a man is...
FEAR WOMEN!!.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by hollo: 7:51am On Jun 11, 2017
When a man is caught in the web of lust, he loses common sense

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by Pavore9: 7:52am On Jun 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by DanseMacabre(m): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2017
After woman fear God.

2 Likes

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by rita25(f): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2017
AngelicDamsel:
What I learnt from the life of Samson is................................................ The power of woman over man

Your Hea is very correct!!!!!!!! U sabi book!!!Lol
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by Adesiji77: 7:52am On Jun 11, 2017
Fear.... lipsrsealed
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by DavidTheGeek: 7:54am On Jun 11, 2017
grin Some comments tho!

You guys should download "Naija Jam Alert". The app notifies you of new songs, music videos and allows you download them right away for free.

Download @=> https://www.getjar.com/categories/entertainment-apps/more/Naija-Jam-Alert-932345

It's for Android. Thank me later wink

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 11, 2017
bolinjkezzy:
Wife..concubine.. prostitute That's irrelevant The subject of the matter is that he was very stupid
You might be worse than him so stop judging
What I learned is the importance of focus, which Samson seemed to lack

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by johnp2(m): 7:57am On Jun 11, 2017
God have a purpose for every human being working out of his purpose is desastrous!!
in the case of Samson He know the plan of God for his life and He work on the contrary!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 11, 2017
I have learn that thinking with my prick will lead to my downfall. but kai those ethiopians fine ooo
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by doyinbaby(f): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2017
Avoid falling in love with unbelievers.........Samson was always falling in love with unbelieving women

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 11, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

I concur....becos when he told her the fake answer the first and second time she Went and called the philistines but Samson was able to treat all their fucck up sharpally....there, he shuld have realized this woman is not just trying to know my secret for knowing sake but to pull me down....

He now took his stupidity to the legendary phase by telling her... thinking she won't look for a convenient way of shaving his hair with him knowing.....no man is perfect though....but for a guy...Samson ain't sharp at all

3 Likes

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 11, 2017
By the way, Delilah was not her name but her description.

Delilah is a Hebrew word "Hebrew: דלילה‎‎" meaning 'She who weakend'. Anyone who weakens is a Delilah.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All / What You Don't Know About IFA Sacrifice (ebo) / Real Image Of King James Of KJV1611

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.