Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? (2652 Views)

A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God / Vincent & Faith Nzeakor: Achieving Sexual Orgasm In A Christian Marriage (Photo) / What Has God Actually Done Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 11:36am On Jun 11, 2017
marriage has become a very big issue in the christiandom. different pastors have preached, written books, organized seminars on marriage. most have concluded that GOd actually match make judging by the case of Adam and eve. but somebody argued that GOd stops matchmaking since Adam blamed God that he was deceived by eve whom God gave him. also in the preaching of Paul on marriage which many pastors will always avoid during marriage messages, Paul sees love as the major perequisite. also in psalms, he who findeth... etc. my one million questions are:
1. if God is a matchmaker, what is the essence of genotype test which is mandatory in most Pentecostal churches, is civilization more than God.
2. why is it that dere is always an alternative if the partner breakup before the marriage
3. why is it that some persons will claim that they find it difficult to love the person they see through revelation.
4. is marriage compulsory??
, if yes, why is it that most people that God used in the bible like Elijah,john,Ezekiel,Isaiah,Elisha, Paul etc did not marry.
if no, then, in my opinion, God doesn't match make.

pls mod, help forward it so as to gather opinions.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by GloriaNinja(f): 11:44am On Jun 11, 2017
undecided THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN " ONLY TOLERANCE, UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE MAKES A MARRIAGE WORK, EVEN PRAYERS TOO.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 11:48am On Jun 11, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN " ONLY TOLERANCE, UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE MAKES A MARRIAGE WORK, EVEN PRAYERS TOO.

tnx. but u knw this is the theme of any message preached on marriage in all Pentecostal churches?
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by ivolt: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2017
Not really, it is the imagination of pastors and christians that make it seem so.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 11:57am On Jun 11, 2017
ivolt:
Not really, it is the imagination of pastors and christians that make it seem so.

u mean notin like dat exist
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by GloriaNinja(f): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
lonikit:

tnx. but u knw this is the theme of any message preached on marriage in all Pentecostal churches?
you are right.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by Wilgrea7(m): 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
God doesn't match anyone... majority of matches are from the pastors themselves and the other minority is from common sense
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
lonikit:
marriage has become a very big issue in the christiandom. different pastors have preached, written books, organized seminars on marriage. most have concluded that GOd actually match make judging by the case of Adam and eve. but somebody argued that GOd stops matchmaking since Adam blamed God that he was deceived by eve whom God gave him. also in the preaching of Paul on marriage which many pastors will always avoid during marriage messages, Paul sees love as the major perequisite. also in psalms, he who findeth... etc. my one million questions are:
1. if God is a matchmaker, what is the essence of genotype test which is mandatory in most Pentecostal churches, is civilization more than God.
2. why is it that dere is always an alternative if the partner breakup before the marriage
3. why is it that some persons will claim that they find it difficult to love the person they see through revelation.
4. is marriage compulsory??
, if yes, why is it that most people that God used in the bible like Elijah,john,Ezekiel,Isaiah,Elisha, Paul etc did not marry.
if no, then, in my opinion, God doesn't match make.

pls mod, help forward it so as to gather opinions.
God doesn't match make if you don't seek his opinion. He gives you the choice to choose be it good or evil. Marriage isn't compulsory at all it's a matter of choice even though the will of Yahweh is for man to have companion. The above ministers didn't marry because they had huge task that marrying wasn't an option as their wives will be neglected. In this era marriage is necessary because an average man has sexual feelings towards the opposite sex, that's why apostle Paul advocate marriage to avoid fornication. If you can withstand sexual orge leading to sex then you can decide not to marry.its not a sin if you don't marry but becomes sin when you commit fornication

1 Like

Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

God doesn't match make if you don't seek his opinion. He gives you the choice to choose be it good or evil. Marriage isn't compulsory at all it's a matter of choice even though the will of Yahweh is for man to have companion. The above ministers didn't marry because they had huge task that marrying wasn't an option as their wives will be neglected. In this era marriage is necessary because an average man has sexual feelings towards the opposite sex, that's why apostle Paul advocate marriage to avoid fornication. If you can withstand sexual orge leading to sex then you can decide not to marry.its not a sin if you don't marry but becomes sin when you commit fornication

tnx though I'm not convinced wit some points of urs.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:
God doesn't match anyone... majority of matches are from the pastors themselves and the other minority is from common sense
tnx bro
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
lonikit:

tnx though I'm not convinced wit some points of urs.
What are they?
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:
What are they?
going through the bible, I tink GOd doesn't match make atall
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
lonikit:

going through the bible, I tink GOd doesn't match make atall
He doesn't at all but you have to remember that he also said ask it shall be given
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

He doesn't at all but you have to remember that he also said ask it shall be given

that portion u quoted doesn't correlate with match making nw.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
lonikit:

that portion u quoted doesn't correlate with match making nw.
Yes it does, why because you're seeking the the face of the lord by asking him to grant your desires. You're reminding him of his word and promises which he should oblige to based on his word. If you don't ask you wouldn't get it. Why do think this present Christians fast and pray for God's revelation and their spouse? Everything we need in this life can be gotten through God's word.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Yes it does, why because you're seeking the the face of the lord by asking him to grant your desires. You're reminding him of his word and promises which he should oblige to based on his word. If you don't ask you wouldn't get it. Why do think this present Christians fast and pray for God's revelation and their spouse? Everything we need in this life can be gotten through God's word.

what I mean by matchmaking is the notion of there is somebody that has bn predestined to be ur wife/husband. it is different from praying to God for good husband/wife oo
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
lonikit:

what I mean by matchmaking is the notion of there is somebody that has bn predestined to be ur wife/husband. it is different from praying to God for good husband/wife oo
At the beginning of my write up, I said that Yahweh rarely match mate but it doesn't stop the fact that he will.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

At the beginning of my write up, I said that Yahweh rarely match mate but it doesn't stop the fact that he will.

he can but reading through the bible he doesn't.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
lonikit:

he can but reading through the bible he doesn't.
He does because in psalm 115:3 " But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased"
New Living Translation
Our God is in the heavens, and he does as he wishes
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 5:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
asuustrike2009:

He does because in psalm 115:3 " But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased"
New Living Translation
Our God is in the heavens, and he does as he wishes

lolzzz, bro, there are lot of things that God can do but will not just do. where u just quoted emphasized that fact. going through the bible apart from the case of Adam who later blame God, there is no account of such in the bible.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by OtemAtum: 6:48am On Jun 14, 2017
Wilgrea7:
Kumuyi must not hear this, or you mean to say that he and his hundreds of marriage committee members are liars for saying specifically that yahweh matches his church members or it is a sin if marriage is done otherwise undecided
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 7:39am On Jun 14, 2017
OtemAtum:
Kumuyi must not hear this, or you mean to say that he and his hundreds of marriage committee members are liars for saying specifically that yahweh matches his church members or it is a sin if marriage is done otherwise undecided

kumuyi never for once said that.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by OtemAtum: 8:33am On Jun 14, 2017
lonikit:

kumuyi never for once said that.
I know what happens in the marriage committee more than you. And I have insiders who were once members of the committee. You may be just an ordinary member, so you only know little of how things are done behind the curtains. We know more.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by OtemAtum: 8:38am On Jun 14, 2017
lonikit:

lolzzz, bro, there are lot of things that God can do but will not just do. where u just quoted emphasized that fact. going through the bible apart from the case of Adam who later blame God, there is no account of such in the bible.
Now see how you lie that yahweh doesn't do matchmaking whereas it is all over the bible that he is a matchmaker who imposes his own plan on humans. Read Hosea 1, the whole chapter and come back to defend your lies. If you need more bible passages about y Yahweh matchmaking and commandments of where you should marry from, I'll give you.
Hosea 1:2.
When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him, “Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord.” 3 So he married Gomer daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 9:10am On Jun 14, 2017
OtemAtum:
Now see how you lie that yahweh doesn't do matchmaking whereas it is all over the bible that he is a matchmaker who imposes his own plan on humans. Read Hosea 1, the whole chapter and come back to defend your lies. If you need more bible passages about y Yahweh matchmaking and commandments of where you should marry from, I'll give you.
Hosea 1:2.
When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him, “Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord.” 3 So he married Gomer daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.

lolzzz. bro u all got it wrong sir. God only instructed Hosea to marry an harlot and the harlot wasn't specified, anybody could be an harlot. mind u, the whole scenario was a symbol to the house of Judah. God also gave similar instruction to the children of Israel regarding where they should not marry. matching making here is the fact that there is somebody somewhere who is ur ordained wife/husband which I say its not biblical. I will appreciate if u can show me some references to prove ur point.

and regarding Kumuyi, I'm still on my point that he never said that. some of his pastors maybe doing that but Kumuyi has never said that before.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by OtemAtum: 11:12am On Jun 14, 2017
lonikit:

lolzzz. bro u all got it wrong sir. God only instructed Hosea to marry an harlot and the harlot wasn't specified, anybody could be an harlot. mind u, the whole scenario was a symbol to the house of Judah. God also gave similar instruction to the children of Israel regarding where they should not marry. matching making here is the fact that there is somebody somewhere who is ur ordained wife/husband which I say its not biblical. I will appreciate if u can show me some references to prove ur point.

and regarding Kumuyi, I'm still on my point that he never said that. some of his pastors maybe doing that but Kumuyi has never said that before.

Lol, you mean yahweh was not specific? Have you forgotten the case of Onan? Yahweh even killed the guy for refusing to marry Tamar, the wife of his deceased brother. I intentionally left that scenario so that you will first speak your mind as you have done. Now in the case of Onan, was yahweh specific or not?
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by Princewell2012(m): 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The above ministers didnt marry because they have huge taxk that marrying wasnt an option. Hmmm.. in other words christianity has a lesser task, is that what you mean sir?
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
Princewell2012:

The above ministers didnt marry because they have huge taxk that marrying wasnt an option. Hmmm.. in other words christianity has a lesser task, is that what you mean sir?
The likes of Paul was always moving from place to place on daily basis preaching, the likes of John the Baptist was in the wilderness for long time, do you expect them to marry and be moving their children up and down? Can their wives withstand the task? Can they stay without sex for long time? Can theystay alone without their husbands for longer time .Christianity today has huge task but their ways and that of those ministers aren't the same. Aside the Catholic faith, how many ministers can preach without having a companion? How many in the orthodox and Pentecostal line ordains ministers without their spouse?
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by Princewell2012(m): 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

The likes of Paul was always moving from place to place on daily basis preaching, the likes of John the Baptist was in the wilderness for long time, do you expect them to marry and be moving their children up and down? Can their wives withstand the task? Can they stay without sex for long time? Can theystay alone without their husbands for longer time .Christianity today has huge task but their ways and that of those ministers aren't the same. Aside the Catholic faith, how many ministers can preach without having a companion? How many in the orthodox and Pentecostal line ordains ministers without their spouse?

Honestly you made a good observation, no doubt but to your own understanding what do you think that is responsible why this generation christians were not following the parts of those aforementioned ministers? 2 why do we choose the lesser part?
Now this will take us to the main issue here.
Alright since this first ministers/ christians does not believe or have interest in marriage, due to one or two reasons. So is there anything like Christian marriage? If yes, where do we gets the doctrine from?

Thank you.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
OtemAtum:

Lol, you mean yahweh was not specific? Have you forgotten the case of Onan? Yahweh even killed the guy for refusing to marry Tamar, the wife of his deceased brother. I intentionally left that scenario so that you will first speak your mind as you have done. Now in the case of Onan, was yahweh specific or not?

I'm not sure if u actually read wht u quoted above. was it God that instructed him or Judah his father. pls read the bible bfr u make ur point. the instruction came from Judah sir. any other one.... waiting....
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

have u forgotn dat peter moved about wit Christ and after Christ throughout his life until death, yet he was married. hope u remember that Ezekiel, Isaiah, were not missionaries and still they were not married.
Re: Christian Marriage: Does God Actually Match Make ??? by lonikit: 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2017
Princewell2012:

Honestly you made a good observation, no doubt but to your own understanding what do you think that is responsible why this generation christians were not following the parts of those aforementioned ministers? 2 why do we choose the lesser part?
Now this will take us to the main issue here.
Alright since this first ministers/ christians does not believe or have interest in marriage, due to one or two reasons. So is there anything like Christian marriage? If yes, where do we gets the doctrine from?

Thank you.

you are seriously on point bro. Paul stated it clear that u can marry an unbeliever if u can live wit him/her but I ahv not heard it preached in any marriage conference. he equally say if a widow must remarry, let her marry whom she love only in the lord. so I'm yet to knw where the doctrine of "there is a person ordained as ur wife/husband" comes from.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did You Become An Atheist In 2018? / Are A Muslim::- your opinion pls! / Let Us Make Man In Our Image, After Our Likeness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.