Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (80208 Views)

Robbers Killed During Shootout In Calabar. Graphic Photo / Armed Robber In Full Army Kit, Gunned Down During Shootout. Graphic Photos / Michael Adiku On Offa Bank Robbery: "Why I Killed Over 20 People" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Kylekent59: 9:58am On Jun 14, 2017
majekdom2:
exactly, it takes robbers that have confidence in something to be bold when they hear police gun shots, usually, they retreat and call it a bad day. It takes a man that believes in something to attend his father's funeral 4 weeks after an incident as this when he knows he will be wanted

This is what I call BRAIN.
Thumbs up my guy. They only reasonable comment so far

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 14, 2017
logica:
LOL. Odeshi indeed. Look, when glass shatters towards a person, what do you think will happen to the person? The robber was hit by shards of glass not bullet.
and after the bullets hit the car, they had the confidence to drive in properly. Watch again, the man moved his car forward and the driver came down boldly. Do criminals face police when they have the option of quick exit? They had that option.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 14, 2017
Veetee:
I totally believe dis story, most of u here are displaying ignorance, this is africa..those robbers wudnt embark on such journey without spiritual fortification. If you notice the way the driver alighted from the vehicle confidently u will understand better

Put your pride and belief in your pocket and use common sense. No one saw the policeman immerse his gun into any pool of blood! So the story is a very big fat lie.

Let's be intelligent for once. Don't do it for me, do it for yourself.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:
Firstly the robbers did not know the cops were in the security post.... The cops only need to take clean headshots at the robbers, starting with the driver and also the tyre of the car(abi car get odeshi?)

3 cops can easily take out 3 robbers in 10 seconds, the robbers got their eyes on the money

But the unprofessional shots of the police attracted the robbers to deal with them

And the iboko cop that ran for cover Was stupid... He ought to have taken cover in the place and shoot at anyone that makes a stupid move toward the security post

And if they had blown out the car tyres, the robbers will be immobile and they will have no choice than either change car or Change spare tyre (lol) and the other 3 cops at the back of the bank can have enough time to come out and finish the work...

Our cops need proper training.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Adebowale89(m): 10:00am On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:
Firstly the robbers did not know the cops were in the security post.... The cops only need to take clean headshots at the robbers, starting with the driver and also the tyre of the car(abi car get odeshi?)

3 cops can easily take out 3 robbers in 10 seconds, the robbers got their eyes on the money

But the unprofessional shots of the police attracted the robbers to deal with them

And the iboko cop that ran for cover Was stupid... He ought to have taken cover in the place and shoot at anyone that makes a stupid move toward the security post

And if they had blown out the car tyres, the robbers will be immobile and they will have no choice than either change car or Change spare tyre (lol) and the other 3 cops at the back of the bank can have enough time to come out and finish the work...

brother are you a security personnel? this your logical settings brought tears to my face

why did we keep placing unfit&unprofessional securities personnel in our securities lane. this is profoundly dangerous to our lifeguard

having watched the video, the policemen mess up big time but I wouldn't blame them because they lack adequate equipments. the govt has blown up our securities with their incessant corruption

the man that ranaway would have been at alert to cater the robbers, infact when a bullet dropped the guy on blue, am sure they won't be confidence to enter the cops post when there is a back up bullet from the end

he might nt have sustain much injury. but my condolences to the dead cops. Nigeria govt messed up big time
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by ReLaTE(m): 10:00am On Jun 14, 2017
900warriorz:
I've watched and analyzed that video severally. some content of this posters article are true.
Notice that the robber on blue went to the back of the security post. what confidence would he have had to go inside if he hadn't shot them already from behind? Iboko took him out in one shot on the neck. odeshi or not, a close range shot on the neck will send you 6ft.
Also notice that iboko ran out immediately he killed he robber on blue. our question is he should have stayed there having a better vantage point right? well, no...he did well, it was a gamble. if he stayed back, two robbers will attack him from different spots and he'd still die gruesomely. if he leaves, he could survive. That was a decision he had to make too fast as there was no time to think.
Before anyone starts condemning their act of gallantry, watch the video and analyze it coz at first, I felt he ran out coz his bullets finished. But that wasn't the case....watch well before commenting. it could have been anyone.
He took the wrong route,he should hv ran towards the gate which will be safer for him.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 14, 2017
Not just shoot at the tire, they should have targeted the fuel tank. Easier said than done sha.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by MrEdimulo82(m): 10:01am On Jun 14, 2017
Nigerians we never appreciate technology or any form of advancement in these age. Thanks to the CCTV technology - which all outfits in Nigeria invested heavily on, yet hardly make use of. Cos that's what we know. We buy this technology for show offs rather than for its function. Many had the Iphone 6 wt the kind of functions dat cant even work in our region , yet planning to buy the 7. - We all saw the video. Yet we need Zenith bank, NPF and this one too to come and deny, and write epistle abt how it happened as if we saw the said witness taking records of happenings.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by madjune(m): 10:03am On Jun 14, 2017
And the four persons that gave Iboko backup eventually were there when the robber in blue sprayed bullets from the window corner?

Abi no be from their corner be that?
What were they doing when he did that?

Were they cleaning their guns?

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by doctokwus: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
How can 7 police officers be guarding a bank when it wasn't a bullion van that brought in money?

RIP to the gallant officers
Don't mind d bloody liars.
It's usually one policeman or at most 2 guarding any bank, even at night.If this narrator shows me a bank that has seven policemen guarding it in Nigeria,i wud delete my account.
Let's even assume so,so 4 policemen including Iboko,who was obviously still brave enough to be returning fire,making it 5,faced one robber and he ended up killing Iboko,had time to return comfortably to the car,unhurt!
I feel it's Zenith bank that is trying to bring these childish,concocted eyewitness account,after d backlash of how they neglected Iboko's family.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by stankezzy: 10:04am On Jun 14, 2017
For those making foolish argument , just tell me how somebody seated at the back of this car can escape these bullet, if there is not more to it, than we know, a lot of people will just ridicule it to make what the police man said looks foolish, I have seen a situation where a white man said "These those not follow the law of nature"

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 14, 2017
femi4:
Use your brain, if you sit behind the car window..... you can't cover the whole circumference of the window.

I ve been in a bus where the driver was shot by armed robbers....the windshield was shattered but somehow the bullet missed the driver and hit the passenger behind him
windscreen is about times 3 of a back seat window... like the case of murtala mohammed. It's rare to miss bullet from a backseat window
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 14, 2017
Kylekent59:

Oga I watched it well.

Observe when he alighted down from the car,when he was heading to d target, a shot entered him be 4 he he wears d ak47. Just keep pausing and playing it u will see d bullet. Pause play pause play. U will observe what I typed earlier on

There is nothing like wear the AK47! What I saw was him releasing shots. Not getting hit!
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Adebowale89(m): 10:10am On Jun 14, 2017
Lexusgs430:
What happened to full body armour? A policeman securing a security post with shirt and trousers........

NPF, Banks and insurance companies, need to do more.......

this is what am talking abt. how can securities personnel securing a whole financial institutions won't have cover up and head bullet proof

in a sane society, the NPF would have been petitioned and probed. am sure those things were included in their budget but would be embezzled

this is totally insane

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by bigtt76(f): 10:11am On Jun 14, 2017
I meant offensive against the robbers not the customer. If the robbers wanted to raid the policemen, they would have first of all gunned down the gatekeeper and neutralize the policemen as they usually do before raiding the customers.

micflo28:
not true. the robber at d front passengers side DAT walked towards d customer with the cash shot the first bullets that alerted the policemen.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by stankezzy: 10:15am On Jun 14, 2017
madjune:
And the four persons that gave Iboko backup eventually were there when the robber in blue sprayed bullets from the window corner?

Abi no be from their corner be that?
What were they doing when he did that?

Were they cleaning their guns?
usually the security personal will have their changing room a the the side or back of the bank, do u think that the rubbers are foolish to leave their colleague , when they know he can implicate them dead or alive, they must have noticed something that made them to retreat and escape leaving their colleague behind
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by femi4: 10:15am On Jun 14, 2017
majekdom2:
windscreen is about times 3 of a back seat window... like the case of murtala mohammed. It's rare to miss bullet from a backseat window
Its rare doesn't mean its impossible

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by ashjay001(m): 10:15am On Jun 14, 2017
carammel:
I don't think it is any odoeshi,the bullets did not hit the robbers well,it only broke the glass and hit the door,reason the driver had to move forward to take cover.
On the eyewitness part,so he had eyes that could penetrate through bricks which made him know iboko dipped gun on his collegue's blood.
If i slap this person ehn angry angry angry

Idoko didnt die on d spot na?! Read again, bros.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by toprealman: 10:16am On Jun 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
This sound like Bollywood stuff.

How can you say there were policemen at the place the officer ran to? Where were these policemen when the first shot was fired? where were they before the guy ran out of the room? This is pure nonsense
Odeshi or not I agree with you. When the guy I side the vehicle was trying to regain position, the security guy should have finished him off. These guys lack training. Dasuki and their likes should be skinned alive for crimes like this! He should have at least aimed to hit the guy and the the vehicle tyre.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 14, 2017
Kylekent59:

Oga I watched it well.

Observe when he alighted down from the car,when he was heading to d target, a shot entered him be 4 he he wears d ak47. Just keep pausing and playing it u will see d bullet. Pause play pause play. U will observe what I typed earlier on

Oga, I go fight you o grin

There was No hit on the two side mirror, no hit to the body of the car. But you somehow believe the guy on white at the far end of the car was hit when he stepped out of the car. shocked shocked

Common, you're way better.

Apparently, AK47 bring out smoke when you fire your a shot. Maybe that was what got you fooled.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 14, 2017
mctowel01:

Lol... no one is really blaming the officer honestly, we are only exposing the lack of proper training of the officers meant to protect. The late officer did the best of his ability in that circumstance. Two properly trained sergents will effectively take down those robbers as its obvious even the robbers arent well trained also. We hope it becomes wake up call to the authorities in the Nigerian police force.
it's not a training issue. There is no wrong or right way to go about stuffs as this. If you like get 1000 training, when some challenges come, you will have to follow your instincts that may not go with any training. We Nigerians are negative critics. We do not address issues from where we ought to. This young police man tried, he tried his best given the situation he was in. What we should address is how zenith Bank can make customers do more cashless transaction. Yes, there are people who make high volume cash sales, but instead of bringing these cash to the bank, they can arrange for them to be put in a POS with assistance by police. Robbers rarely attack bullion vans. Police men die in situation as this all over the world. It's not just a Nigerian thing. He wasn't stupid to have come out of that post. He followed his instinct. He was the one facing the challenge and knows the situation surrounding it.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by madjune(m): 10:19am On Jun 14, 2017
stankezzy:
usually the security personal will have their changing room a the the side or back of the bank, do u think that the rubbers are foolish to leave their colleague , when they know he can implicate them dead or alive, they must have noticed something that made them to retreat and escape leaving their colleague behind

I know the robbers ain't foolish.

What I'm saying is, the robber in blue went behind the cctv and shot at the cops inside through the window.

Now, that window point backed the corner where Iboko later ran to (That's the corner that had other cops who gave him back up when he fell)

So, why didn't these cops in that rear corner shoot down the blue robber as he sneaked up to that window with his back to them?

4 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by stingg(m): 10:21am On Jun 14, 2017
carammel:
I don't think it is any odoeshi,the bullets did not hit the robbers well,it only broke the glass and hit the door,reason the driver had to move forward to take cover.
On the eyewitness part,so he had eyes that could penetrate through bricks which made him know iboko dipped gun on his collegue's blood.
e get brain cool
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by olawonder(m): 10:22am On Jun 14, 2017
"Those who blame the officer for running out got it wrong. I got the true account from an anonymous witness and feel I should share it since he cannot by reason of his office"

Abeg, no anonymous witness dey for dat place at d time unless u want to tell us one of d survivors told u d full story! Everybody dey give opinions based on d video... so if u wan give ur own opinion just say, no lie about some bogus anonymous witness.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by stankezzy: 10:22am On Jun 14, 2017
majekdom2:
if windscreen is 3 times the space and the bullet from the windscreen misses him , will the two at the door still miss him?abi d man is as thin as a broom?

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 14, 2017
doctokwus:

Don't mind d bloody liars.
[b]It's usually one policeman or at most 2 [/b]guarding any bank, even at night.If this narrator shows me a bank that has seven policemen guarding it in Nigeria,i wud delete my account.
Let's even assume so,so 4 policemen including Iboko,who was obviously still brave enough to be returning fire,making it 5,faced one robber and he ended up killing Iboko,had time to return comfortably to the car,unhurt!
I feel it's Zenith bank that is trying to bring these childish,concocted eyewitness account,after d backlash of how they neglected Iboko's family.
this is the only part I do not believe in the story. There is no way 7 policemen will be in that bank and the robbers will b successful. I think it was just 2 police men. Iboko and the man that lost his eye.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 14, 2017
stankezzy:
if windscreen is 3 times the space and the bullet from the windscreen misses him , will the two at the door still miss him?abi d man is as thin as a broom?
refer to the man I mentioned. We are saying the same thing. There is a difference btween windscreen and the one by the back door.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Chynx(m): 10:31am On Jun 14, 2017
carammel:

Too much Nollywood watching. sad
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by stankezzy: 10:36am On Jun 14, 2017
madjune:

I know the robbers ain't foolish.

What I'm saying is, the robber in blue went behind the cctv and shot at the cops inside through the window.

Now, that window point backed the corner where Iboko later ran to (That's the corner that had other cops who gave him back up when he fell)

So, why didn't these cops in that rear corner shoot down the blue robber as he
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by udemzyudex(m): 10:36am On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:

Na for mouth e dey sweet, to do any na another mind..

Simply say, our police are not trained well and how many of them do self practice? When they are given the gun and after series of training, that's all.

A bullet is faster than the word you speak, your brain must think fast as well.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Snowstorm: 10:38am On Jun 14, 2017
Pure rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Men Insert Bottle In Lady's Privates For Stealing Phone [PHOTOS] / Aiye And Eiye Cult Clash In Ogun, People Killed (Graphic Photos) / Photos Of Nigerian Sex Workers Set To Be Deported From Ghana After Arrest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.