Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (80219 Views)

Robbers Killed During Shootout In Calabar. Graphic Photo / Armed Robber In Full Army Kit, Gunned Down During Shootout. Graphic Photos / Michael Adiku On Offa Bank Robbery: "Why I Killed Over 20 People" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by basictutor: 8:59am On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:
Firstly the robbers did not know the cops were in the security post.... The cops only need to take clean headshots at the robbers, starting with the driver and also the tyre of the car(abi car get odeshi?)

3 cops can easily take out 3 robbers in 10 seconds, the robbers got their eyes on the money

But the unprofessional shots of the police attracted the robbers to deal with them

And the iboko cop that ran for cover Was stupid... He ought to have taken cover in the place and shoot at anyone that makes a stupid move toward the security post

And if they had blown out the car tyres, the robbers will be immobile and they will have no choice than either change car or Change spare tyre (lol) and the other 3 cops at the back of the bank can have enough time to come out and finish the work...

It's easily said now because you were not at the scene. Can u imagine how confused and highly fearful the cops would have been? It's not easy, they did their best.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by intruxive(m): 9:00am On Jun 14, 2017
carammel:
I don't think it is any odoeshi,the bullets did not hit the robbers well,it only broke the glass and hit the door,reason the driver had to move forward to take cover.
On the eyewitness part,so he had eyes that could penetrate through bricks which made him know iboko dipped gun on his collegue's blood.
If i slap this person ehn angry angry angry
Iboko didnt die instantly, he could have told his story

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Olulinks(m): 9:01am On Jun 14, 2017
femi4:
seconded. No odeshi anywhere
Go and stand or sit behind car window or glass and ask someone to shoot only the glass down. That's when we shall see if some bullets that can bring down glasses won't bring you down instantly, even though you are only behind the glass. I pity you sir.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by cjscon2(m): 9:01am On Jun 14, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
This sound like Bollywood stuff.

How can you say there were policemen at the place the officer ran to? Where were these policemen when the first shot was fired? where were they before the guy ran out of the room? This is pure nonsense
If you ask this question where were the policemen then I will say your not a Nigerian
You should know better that the must have taken cover and hide,Nigerian policemen are cowards,they only exercise their strength on civilians and motorists

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 14, 2017
lestat:
Nothing like juju stopping bullets don't be fooled

Did you watch the video? No bullet hit the thief at the back sit yet he was shot several times, also the men exposed themselves even when they were being shot at, truthfully they were jazzed up.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by whizcartel(m): 9:02am On Jun 14, 2017
I just dey different gist about this story.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by rozayx5(m): 9:03am On Jun 14, 2017
useless story

sounds like a joke

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by AkumahTalk(m): 9:07am On Jun 14, 2017
I believe the robbers fortified themselves. The boldness with which the driver strolled in and out of the car even in the presence of close range gun fire is astonishing. The guy at the backseat should normally have taken some bullets as well. The glass and door are not bullet proof and cannot stop bullets from an AK47. The bullets would normally go through.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by iamkneeyi: 9:09am On Jun 14, 2017
carammel:
I don't think it is any odoeshi,the bullets did not hit the robbers well,it only broke the glass and hit the door,reason the driver had to move forward to take cover.
On the eyewitness part,so he had eyes that could penetrate through bricks which made him know iboko dipped gun on his collegue's blood.
...I believe there is a mystical power behind the rest robbers. Look at the video and look at the confident of the driver...he is not worried about the shootings...even the robber that was killed moved with confident... obviously not taking cover...He was killed by over confident of his juju...I'm sure the police that killed him did something that made the bullet penetrate..

9 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:11am On Jun 14, 2017
Who doesn't value his life?
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by femi4: 9:11am On Jun 14, 2017
Olulinks:

Go and stand or sit behind car window or glass and ask someone to shoot only the glass down. That's when we shall see if some bullets that can bring down glasses won't bring you down instantly, even though you are only behind the glass. I pity you sir.
Use your brain, if you sit behind the car window..... you can't cover the whole circumference of the window.

I ve been in a bus where the driver was shot by armed robbers....the windshield was shattered but somehow the bullet missed the driver and hit the passenger behind him

5 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

Did you watch the video? No bullet hit the thief at the back sit yet he was shot several times, also the men exposed themselves even when they were being shot at, truthfully they were jazzed up.
Dude he wasn't aiming properly he was scared out of his mind ...
Trust me nothing like voodoo stopping bullets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Josephamstrong1(m): 9:14am On Jun 14, 2017
carammel:

What are you even talking abt?
Iboko didn't die at a spot.
Guess you've got an IQ?
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Bullhari007(m): 9:16am On Jun 14, 2017
iboko really tried , at least he fires and killed a criminal, he is better than one useless 93years Fulani man who do not even kill a rat during his military career, despite that he foolishly truncated first civilian President and first thing he do is to promote himself to General...

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by joinnow: 9:17am On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:
Firstly the robbers did not know the cops were in the security post.... The cops only need to take clean headshots at the robbers, starting with the driver and also the tyre of the car(abi car get odeshi?)

3 cops can easily take out 3 robbers in 10 seconds, the robbers got their eyes on the money

But the unprofessional shots of the police attracted the robbers to deal with them

And the iboko cop that ran for cover Was stupid... He ought to have taken cover in the place and shoot at anyone that makes a stupid move toward the security post

And if they had blown out the car tyres, the robbers will be immobile and they will have no choice than either change car or Change spare tyre (lol) and the other 3 cops at the back of the bank can have enough time to come out and finish the work...
I have witness where they change their tyre after robbing union bank and police zonal command is just some meters away and nothing happened

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by judedwriter(m): 9:17am On Jun 14, 2017
They weren't afraid of bullets; obviously they were jazzed up...but one bit more than he could chew...
The brave policeman shouldn't have ran out...he ought to have stayed low..he would have had a better chance of survival .

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by emmaitive(m): 9:18am On Jun 14, 2017
i concour no wonder the tief waz so confidence in exposin himsef to d police..becos of d odeshi...the devil can never give a gud gift,gv wt one hand take wit anoda..anywaysha rip to d officers

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by iamkneeyi: 9:19am On Jun 14, 2017
rozayx5:
useless story

sounds like a joke
you are stupid...instead of you to learn from the story ... If you have experience robbering scene before you wont say thrash

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by carammel(f): 9:20am On Jun 14, 2017
DeeTus:
LOL, why talking as if you were there then?
cheesy
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by swiz123(m): 9:22am On Jun 14, 2017
I'm not sure bullets could penetrate them

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by mkoabiola: 9:22am On Jun 14, 2017
D cops would av done this or that.

Is easier said than done

D cops were not prepared hence they were not alert
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by paradigmshift(m): 9:23am On Jun 14, 2017
even at that, dem no try Wella.
u n your men dey inside security post.
Na only una know say arm robber enter bank, u n your men will take down d robbers successfully using the wall as shield.. well rip though, soldiers would have done better
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by carammel(f): 9:24am On Jun 14, 2017
intruxive:

Iboko didnt die instantly, he could have told his story
The report said "an eyewitness", not iboko.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by paradigmshift(m): 9:25am On Jun 14, 2017
lestat:
Nothing like juju stopping bullets don't be fooled
there's juju, if you never see am work make u shut up

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by grandstar(m): 9:26am On Jun 14, 2017
RedBeauty:
Why was the policeman rejected ?
Shouldn't he get free medical care

If ybe policeman dies there, I trust that the police will harass and tell then to visit the station
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by bitcoinvin(m): 9:27am On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:

true talk but what if he had only 5 bullets and they got finished?

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by bigtt76(f): 9:27am On Jun 14, 2017
Very clear now. May their souls RIP. Amen

CastedDude:
An Imo state based lawyer, Kissinger Ikeokwu - has claimed to have gotten the true account of the robbery that happened at Zenith Bank, Owerri - which left gallant policeman, Sergeant Iboko dead. The brave policeman who killed one of the four armed robbers in the attack, suffered severe gunshot injuries and died the next day in a police clinic in Owerri after he was allegedly rejected at the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri.

Read what was shared by the lawyer on Facebook concerning the incident.

Those who blame the officer for running out got it wrong. I got the true account from an anonymous witness and feel I should share it since he cannot by reason of his office.

When the robbers approached the Bank, three Policemen were in the small Security House. They displayed gallantry by shooting and blasting the car windows, but the robbers still emerged frim he car unhurt in what many have described as "Odoeshi". The robber in blue the officer shot dead moved tactically to the small window at the back side the Policeman ran towards. He sprayed them with bullets killing one instantly and severely injuring the officer who today lost his one eye. The gallant Iboko was the man the robbers bullet didnt touch and he took cover lying low and kept his calm.

Confident that he had finished the officers who took cover at the small security post, the robber on blue decided to enter and finish the last breath off all the officers. It was then that Iboko who had taken cover having seen his men in the pool of their blood decided to either act or die with them. Sensing the invinsibility of the robbers, Iboko was reported to have deeped his gun nussle into the blood of his colleagues and that proved vital in neautralizing the suppossed odoeshi.

Immediately the robber on blue who had sprayed them with bullets from the back window approached the door, Iboko took him out. Having shot and proved he was alive, Iboko knew he must flee or wait for the robbers who didnt fear bullets now come for him. He made the deft move with just 20% chance of escaping. He ran towards the backside of the Bank building through the left flank.but he couldnt run too far as he fell to bullet wounds.

Upon his falling the other robber he had a face toface close range shootout with now came towards him and rained bullets on him, but Iboko's four colleagues at the back gave him backup...... that backup was bullets from the far end of the backyard that made the killer of Iboko retreat and run to their car in a hurry.

Iboko died later of his wounds. 7 Policemen were on duty on that very day at the Bank wetheral Branch. 3 lost their life including iboko. One survived with injuries. 3 escaped unhurt and told the story you read hereby.

The survivors were at the back yard and they reinforced Iboko giving him cover when he fell. Their bullets made the rubbers retreat in a hurry and not pick the guns of the slain officers. Their back reinforenent made the robbers abandon their colleague through whom Police got the clues that ultimately led to the arrest and waterloo of the robbers.

Iboko took cover lying low with a dead colleague and one whose eyes was shattered by the same man he killled. He killed same man when he came tru the door but lost I trying to run after exposing his cover. Watch the video again. Spot the robber on blue go behind which the CCTV camera didn't cover. He shot the 3 officers from the back window on close range target. Iboko was lucky not to be hit and took effective cover lying low. He moved when he had to move when the man now came tru the door to finish the job and Iboko took him out.

Such Gallantry. RIP to the fallen........ My condolences to the families.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/06/sergeant-iboko-killed-in-zenith-bank-robbery.html

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by MrEdimulo82(m): 9:28am On Jun 14, 2017
spaggyy:

Thanks bro. Your analysis were same as mine. u saw the video. the account given by Op had a bit of coloration to what was in the video.
Bottom line: Rest in peace to the heroic cops, but clearly lack of training, equipment and adequate drills for situation is chiefly responsible for this whole mess, Honestly our Police force is a complete joke: killing our cops like chicken.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by wink2015(m): 9:28am On Jun 14, 2017
What is the meaning of "Odoeshi" ?

An online platform that has readers that spread across Nigeria and Overseas deserved popularly used words like charms or at best "juju"

So what is the meaning of "Odoeshi" Igbos or Ibo people can best explain to us that do not know the meaning.

Thanks
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by timunstopable: 9:30am On Jun 14, 2017
I watched the video several times

Noticed that it was the policemen that opened fire on the car once the robbers shot sporadically in the air

But they all aimed for the back seat windows.1st mistake

No one aimed for the driver

Did anyone notice how the driver move the car forward in the middle of the shooting. Came down .was not even bothered walked toward their target and in the midst of that no bullet was directed towards him..He was too bold maybe he was using odeshi or the policemen were naive by not targeting him

The robber in blue was the only one that faced the policemen. He walked side ways.shot sporadically. He shot was more precise than of the policemen and they allowed him get close so he took them down

The brave policeman was just lucky not to have been hit and just used the opportunity of surprise to kill the robber blue

Won't blame him tho...but noticed the robber in the back also retreated at 1st but as soon as the policeman turned his back he could easily aim and fire..if the policeman hadnt turned his back while running. I believe he could have had a chance

And no from the video no one shot from the back to cover him.. I doubt if the other policemen showed up

Look at the robber in white with face cap with the money.he walked majestically to the gate he even looked at that side and turned his face

The policeman tried and was brave but made some little miscalculation which is normal if you are under that kind of threat without support,body armour etc

5 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by holuphisayor(m): 9:30am On Jun 14, 2017
so, officers at the back were giving iboko cover while he was running aimlessly to that spot? ehn...if I hear

shooting at the thief from the back.....ehn

mere looking at the video , u will notice that thief killed iboko. he couldn't have survived it. you can see the thief was relieved he got him before entering the car.
Re: Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS by Kendroid: 9:31am On Jun 14, 2017
"in Falz voice" Oga dis ur story no dey add up angry angry.....Before it was tying of red ribbon on the mouth of a gun that kills Arm robbers with odaeshi, now it is dipping of gun in a colleagues blood. Who know what Tomorrow might be?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Aiye And Eiye Cult Clash In Ogun, People Killed (Graphic Photos) / Photos Of Nigerian Sex Workers Set To Be Deported From Ghana After Arrest. / Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.