Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation (9576 Views)

Abia To Pay Compensation For Land For Airport Project / Fayose Welcomes APC's Al-Makura To Ekiti For Governorship Primaries / Nasarawa Governor Al-Makura Meets Okada Man Carrying 5 Pupils On One Bike (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by donqx: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
why
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by Daet(m): 12:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
Radio..radioactive
cellular...celluloactive
Restaurant...restauroactive
Commissioned...commisionoactive
Everything is active
Almakura demolished it because of some personal reasons not that...Imagine a gov. like this wants to be a senator...Haba ni.
Na only u waka come talk true ooo
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by SmartyPants(m): 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
adecz:

Your comment has isolated you as
a victim of incomplete education.

Radio waves are different from microwaves
which are utilized by cellular phone networks.

Because you saw the term "radioactive",
you think it has to do with radio....... Bushman

This is not my field but i know enough to tell you that you are a clown. A dunce.

In fact, you are a buffoon grin but i signed up on nairaland to help people like you.

1. Radio waves and microwaves belong to the same family: Radio Frequency waves. They produce the same effect.

Source:

"Electromagnetic radiation consists of waves of electric and magnetic energy moving together (i.e., radiating) through space at the speed of light. Taken together, all forms of electromagnetic energy are referred to as the electromagnetic "spectrum." Radio waves and microwaves emitted by transmitting antennas are one form of electromagnetic energy. They are collectively referred to as "radiofrequency" or "RF" energy or radiation. Note that the term “radiation” does not mean “radioactive.” Often, the terms "electromagnetic field" or "radiofrequency field" are used to indicate the presence of electromagnetic or RF energy."

2. They are potentially harmful.

Source:

"Biological effects can result from exposure to RF energy. Biological effects that result from heating of tissue by RF energy are often referred to as "thermal" effects. It has been known for many years that exposure to very high levels of RF radiation can be harmful due to the ability of RF energy to heat biological tissue rapidly. This is the principle by which microwave ovens cook food. Exposure to very high RF intensities can result in heating of biological tissue and an increase in body temperature. Tissue damage in humans could occur during exposure to high RF levels because of the body's inability to cope with or dissipate the excessive heat that could be generated. Two areas of the body, the eyes and the testes, are particularly vulnerable to RF heating because of the relative lack of available blood flow to dissipate the excess heat load.

At relatively low levels of exposure to RF radiation, i.e., levels lower than those that would produce significant heating, the evidence for production of harmful biological effects is ambiguous and unproven. Such effects, if they exist, have been referred to as "non-thermal" effects."

3. What the good governor said, and i being a rational, reasoning human being understood immediately, was that once the station itself was demolished, steps would be taken to ensure that the mast (not the waves), would not be left lying around to pose a danger to the community. The danger may not be very great or even precisely know, but there is a potential danger, and the good governor is being procative.

4. What the governor did not say, but you mistakenly assumed, was that he was claiming to have a need to destroy the radio station because the radio waves are dangerous.

https://www.fcc.gov/engineering-technology/electromagnetic-compatibility-division/radio-frequency-safety/faq/rf-safety#Q1
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by abashi47(m): 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
Majlaw:
Note.... B4 u start wailing.... 100th of houses were demolished in Lafia. Not only Breeze FM. Forget d media
those were house houses built on state blueprints land and they ere compensated... why commission a radio station that is close to a restaurant and later on demolish it?? what is wrong in having a radio station close to a restaurant or a church ?
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by abashi47(m): 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
SmartyPants:

This is not my field but i know enough to tell you that you are a clown. A dunce.

In fact, you are a buffoon grin but i signed up on nairaland to help people like you.

1. Radio waves and microwaves belong to the same family: Radio Frequency waves. They produce the same effect.

Source:

"Electromagnetic radiation consists of waves of electric and magnetic energy moving together (i.e., radiating) through space at the speed of light. Taken together, all forms of electromagnetic energy are referred to as the electromagnetic "spectrum." Radio waves and microwaves emitted by transmitting antennas are one form of electromagnetic energy. They are collectively referred to as "radiofrequency" or "RF" energy or radiation. Note that the term “radiation” does not mean “radioactive.” Often, the terms "electromagnetic field" or "radiofrequency field" are used to indicate the presence of electromagnetic or RF energy."

Source:

"Biological effects can result from exposure to RF energy. Biological effects that result from heating of tissue by RF energy are often referred to as "thermal" effects. It has been known for many years that exposure to very high levels of RF radiation can be harmful due to the ability of RF energy to heat biological tissue rapidly. This is the principle by which microwave ovens cook food. Exposure to very high RF intensities can result in heating of biological tissue and an increase in body temperature. Tissue damage in humans could occur during exposure to high RF levels because of the body's inability to cope with or dissipate the excessive heat that could be generated. Two areas of the body, the eyes and the testes, are particularly vulnerable to RF heating because of the relative lack of available blood flow to dissipate the excess heat load.

At relatively low levels of exposure to RF radiation, i.e., levels lower than those that would produce significant heating, the evidence for production of harmful biological effects is ambiguous and unproven. Such effects, if they exist, have been referred to as "non-thermal" effects."

3. What the good governor said, and i being a rational, reasoning human being understood immediately, was that once the station itself was demolished, steps would be taken to ensure that the mast (not the waves), would not be left lying around to pose a danger to the community. The danger may not be very great or even precisely know, but there is a potential danger, and the good governor is being procative.

4. What the governor did not say, but you mistakenly assumed, was that he was claiming to have a need to destroy the radio station because the radio waves are dangerous.

https://www.fcc.gov/engineering-technology/electromagnetic-compatibility-division/radio-frequency-safety/faq/rf-safety#Q1

who is this one please did d governor told u that was his reason
mosr of our leaders understands what u just said...how many school them go?..
well if that's d case,y not allow them function then with time they'll move to their permanent site

1 Like

Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by adecz: 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by adecz: 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
SmartyPants:

Source:

Source:

I'm happy that you have made use
if your cheap Chinese phone to do some research.

But as a confirmed olodo & WAEC failure,
you fail to understand that radio waves are
non ionizing.

If they say something is "potentially dangerous"
it's not that it will kill you like that, but
misuse or extreme conditions could alter
its otherwise harmless nature.

Go home & cook your cheap food with
your radio, just as you would do with microwaves,
since you think they have same characteristics.

Panadol is potentially dangerous;
Brandy, is potentially dangerous;
Cow or chicken meat is potentially dangerous.

That does not mean you should start
demolishing pharmacies & meat shops.... Cretin.

Stop quoting fake, out of context content
& attempting to confuse ignorant ppl on social
Media... sad

You should be ashamed of your
poor education. It is half literate, fake
professionals like you that advise the
ignorant ppl in office.

Apologize & seek forgiveness
from a superior brain..... nitwit grin

1 Like

Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by SmartyPants(m): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
adecz:

I'm happy that you have made use
if your cheap Chinese phone to do some research.

But as a confirmed olodo & WAEC failure,
you fail to understand that radio waves are
non ionizing.

If they say something is "potentially dangerous"
it's not that it will kill you like that, but
misuse or extreme conditions could alter
its otherwise harmless nature.

Go home & cook your cheap food with
your radio, just as you would do with microwaves,
since you think they have same characteristics.

Panadol is potentially dangerous;
Brandy, is potentially dangerous;
Cow or chicken meat is potentially dangerous.

That does not mean you should start
demolishing pharmacies & meat shops.... Cretin.

Stop quoting fake, out of context content
& attempting to confuse ignorant ppl on social
Media... sad

You should be ashamed of your
poor education. It is half literate, fake
professionals like you that advise the
ignorant ppl in office.

Apologize & seek forgiveness
from a superior brain..... nitwit grin

are you expecting a long reply from me? grin

U r on a long thing. I have given you the information that you need. If you like read and better your mind. if you like, don't.
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by adecz: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
SmartyPants:

are you expecting a long reply from me? grin

U r on a long thing. I have given you the information that you need. If you like read and better your mind. if you like, don't.

I hope you have learned something 2day...
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by FrankGiel: 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
SmartyPants:

do your research coz i don't have time to explain it to you but he knows what he is saying and you are the clueless one.
Why do u people like forming smart?? Ogbeni there is no link between radio mast and radioactive substance..
Do u know what radioactive substances are??/do u know how they are formed..
Don't come and display ignorance here..

Anyone that says radio stations can't be situated in a residential area is simply silly.. Pls find out where beat fm 99.9, Naija fm, wazobia 95.1, inspiration fm are all situated in Lagos..

1 Like

Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by SmartyPants(m): 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2017
FrankGiel:

Why do u people like forming smart?? Ogbeni there is no link between radio mast and radioactive substance..

Anyone that says radio stations can't be situated in a residential area is simply silly.. Pls find out where beat fm 99.9, Naija fm, wazobia 95.1, inspiration fm are all situated in Lagos..

This has been dealt with exhaustively. Note that the governor wrongly used the term radioactive, whereas what i am pointing out there is that while he shouldn't have said radioactive, what he is trying to say is simply that the mast would not be left lying around after the demolition, as it could pose a risk, which is a fact.

Got it?

Now find some to do wiht your life other than tempt me to descend on you this afternoon.
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
AT TIMES I LAUGH AT OUR LEADERS...LOOK AT A GOVERNOR HIS HOUSE MEMBERS ALMOST IMPEACHED DURING GOODLUCK ADMINISTRATION....SAVE FOR THE UNDERTAKEN AND MERCY PLEAS HE MADE TO JONATHAN, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN HISTORY BY NOW.....JUST BECAUSE A RADIO STATION ANNOUNCES A WORKERS STRIKE ACTION, THE GOVERNOR NOW REMEMBERS THEY HAVE FAILED LAND LAWS AND ACCUSES THEM OF SUPPORTING THE WORKERS TO DESTABILIZE HIS GOVERNMENT....JUST IMAGINE, A GOVERNOR OWING STATE WORKERS AND REFUSES TO PAY THEM DESPITE THE PARIS CLUB FUND HE GOT.....I JUST TIRE...WELL, LEADERSHIP IS NOT FOREVER, HE WILL COME DOWN ONE DAY..LET HIM REMEMBER FORMER GOVERNORS OF NIGER AND BENUE STATES....
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
FrankGiel:

The radio station was emitting Uranium in large quantities, so it had to be demolished. grin grin
Enemies of progress, you want to kill Nassarawa people

1 Like

Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by suremanpatriot: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2017
jazzy4naija:
when he commissioned the station he was hoping they would be sentimental in their reportage but instead they chose objectivity and that led to this demolition. I wonder when Nigeria will grow out of this kinda politics or stupidity

This governor has seriously gone mad and lost his senses ,he should be impeached forthwith,rubbish!
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by sweetgala(m): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
adecz:
grin
Which scientific study has told
this govt that radio waves or
signals are radioactive?

Last year, Gov Ortom of Benue state
imposed a fine on all standby generator
operators, saying the monies will be
utilized to "repair the earth's Ozone layer"..

Since when have welfare of citizens
become a pressing concern for these
selfish heartless govs who habitually refuse
to pay their workers for months?

Almakura's actions stinks of political
vendetta borne out of a habitual
predilection for abuse of power.

Why don't you stand in front of a major mast and see what happens to your body after.

High voltage transmission lines and high frequency radio telecommunications masts emit radio waves and EMF that are dangerous for the human body. This was concluded several years ago and in the US the Congress had to pass legislation prohibiting the presence of these equipment around schools and residential neighbourhoods

It's only in Nigeria MTN would pay someone to build a radio mast in their back garden, in modern communities these are built at a minimum 100m from any home and are secured with fencing.

A friend who worked on telecoms masts and 4G networks told me of how he had to enter these areas with protective suits lines with some foils (unknown material)
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by Emassive(m): 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
SmartyPants:

do your research coz i don't have time to explain it to you but he knows what he is saying and you are the clueless one.

Your name is... #OurmumuJustStart
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by SmartyPants(m): 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
Emassive:

Your name is... #OurmumuJustStart

The saddest thing is that with this unintelligible thing you have typed here, you are filled with a sense of euphoric happiness. Do you feel less miserable about yourself now? Good.
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by Emassive(m): 8:58am On Jun 15, 2017
SmartyPants:

The saddest thing is that with this unintelligible thing you have typed here, you are filled with a sense of euphoric happiness. Do you feel less miserable about yourself now? Good.

E pain am!
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by FrankGiel: 9:52am On Jun 15, 2017
SmartyPants:

This has been dealt with exhaustively. Note that the governor wrongly used the term radioactive, whereas what i am pointing out there is that while he shouldn't have said radioactive, what he is trying to say is simply that the mast would not be left lying around after the demolition, as it could pose a risk, which is a fact.

Got it?

Now find some to do wiht your life other than tempt me to descend on you this afternoon.
Lol.. Even though I don't understand much of the things u wrote at the end.. As long as we both agree theres no link between radiation and masts we are fine...
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by mechanics(m): 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
so harsh, are they not the ones that sold the land to them to build?
Re: Al-makura Fines Demolished Radio Station, Says He Won't Pay Compensation by laura8: 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
Its like Almakura has paid some people to defend him here.
Almakura is a vindictive and wicked man,any body who has visited or lived in Nasarawa state knows that.
how can a state progress with such a useless leader.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Agrees With Justice Must Prevail Party Strategic Development Goals / FG Plans To Intimidate 200 ‘uncooperative’ Judges, Wike Alleges / Why Buhari, Osinbajo Are Hated By Some Nigerians – Lauretta Onochie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.