Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Inter-faith Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inter-faith Marriage (1170 Views)

Am Confused! Inter Faith Union Is Always Heart Break / Faith Ogochukwu: Soldier Exposes Married Man On Facebook. See Why (photos) / Olorogbe Faith: Nigerian Teacher Marries Lesbian Lover In South Africa (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter-faith Marriage by labake1(f): 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
ADVICE NEEDED

Can a Muslim lady marry a Christian man?

1 Like

Re: Inter-faith Marriage by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
some things are better left unsaid

2 Likes

Re: Inter-faith Marriage by Illuminatus(m): 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
If the both of you aren't fundamental religious people, people that don't carry their religion on their head, people that understand that religion is a personal thing and can work out what to do with your children, then you should be fine. Otherwise, I foresee a future where one partner would want the other to convert to the other's religion, or the issue about what form the marriage would take and which religion the kids would be geared toward.

Good luck.
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
My own problem is that of INTRA, the way adeboye of redeem brainwashes his followers to hate catholic church is legendary... I lost 4 baes because of adeboye and heaven may not forgive him.

3 Likes

Re: Inter-faith Marriage by Holuwadamilarey(m): 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
religion should not be a barrier in 2 people dating or getting married. .

we are all human beings first before we are Christian and Muslims , that's what matters.

1 Like

Re: Inter-faith Marriage by Holuwadamilarey(m): 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
Illuminatus:
If the both of you aren't fundamental religious people, people that don't carry their religion on their head, people that understand that religion is a personal thing and can work out what to do with your children, then you should be fine. Otherwise, I foresee a future where one partner would want the other to convert to the other's religion, or the issue about what form the marriage would take and which religion the kids would be geared toward.

Good luck.

if I marry a Muslim lady, ( cos im a Christian) . our children will chose any religion they like,
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by Holuwadamilarey(m): 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
My own problem is that of INTRA, the way adeboye of redeem brainwashes his followers to hate catholic church is legendary... I lost 4 baes because of adeboye and heaven may not forgive him.

this one is very annoying, and they are both Christians why will he(pastor Adeboye ) brainwash his followers like that

its appalling how Africans allow religion to mess up their happiness like this.

funny enough, a girl told me we can't go out together cos im a Christian and she's a Muslim, she said she wanted a Muslim boyfriend...

I just ignored her ,

this is just slavery mentality to white man religion
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:

this one is very annoying, and they are both Christians why will he(pastor Adeboye ) brainwash his followers like that

its appalling how Africans allow religion to mess up their happiness like this.

funny enough, a girl told me we can't go out together cos im a Christian and she's a Muslim, she said she wanted a Muslim boyfriend...

I just ignored her ,

this is just slavery mentality to white man religion
The so-called baes told me that I am from another religion as a catholic..
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by MissRaine69(f): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
What's important to you? If both of you are ultra religious then it might be problematic. Will the children be raised as Muslim or Christians? Will either of you convert? Or will you remain as you are? These are the things that need to be discussed before hand.

1 Like

Re: Inter-faith Marriage by yinks0067: 11:52am On Jun 17, 2017
labake1:
ADVICE NEEDED

Can a Muslim lady marry a Christian man?
Y not .
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by labake1(f): 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2017
yinks0067:

Y not .

They said it won't work out
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by Fkforyou(m): 12:20am On Jun 18, 2017
Before I never cared, but now it matters to me... undecided

If she is willing to convert, yes I can marry her.
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by eitsei(m): 4:36am On Jun 18, 2017
If you are very conscious of your deen, don't go into a serious relationship with a non Muslim.. Look around you very well I believe there are lots of responsible Muslim brothers out there who may even be making advances towards you and you are not looking at their side

1 Like

Re: Inter-faith Marriage by AreaFada2: 2:25am On Jun 19, 2017
It is not supposed to be a problem.

But the world is polarised along religious lines too much now.
Nobody knows where it will lead.

Something to consider very carefully.
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by shegun4sur: 12:27am On Jul 21, 2017
Fashola, tinubu, amosun etc are married to Christian wives.
The women chose to continue practicing their religion no prob
My mother was a Muslim as a single lady but change to Christianity after marriage, no issue
The choice is yours
If you want to continue as a Muslim after marriage and you both reach an agreement, fine

1 Like

Re: Inter-faith Marriage by martooski(m): 5:52am On Jul 21, 2017
labake1:

They said it won't work out
pls check out Tinubu and wife, also try Fashola and wife, then Olusola Saraki and wife. This Muslim has Christian wife's. So y not
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 21, 2017
Well to be honest this is a tough one
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by eyinjuege: 6:40am On Jul 21, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

The so-called baes told me that I am from another religion as a catholic..

There's a thread somewhere where the OP was complaining that catholic Igbo men don't want to marry her unless she changes to a catholic.
She claimed its happened to her 2-3 times.
Maybe you guys should hook up?
I will look for the thread...
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by Enemyofpeace: 11:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
Who is the Muslim lady?
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by marvin906(m): 11:13pm On Mar 17, 2018
if both of you ain't religious fanatics ... yes .. buh then both families have to agree which is really difficult
Re: Inter-faith Marriage by Enemyofpeace: 11:16pm On Mar 17, 2018
Holuwadamilarey:

if I marry a Muslim lady, ( cos im a Christian) . our children will chose any religion they like,

easier said than done

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Present Relationship Status? / A Lady Exposes Her Friends On Facebook Who Use Sex Charms To Tight Rich Guys / Do You Like My Profile Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.