Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody (1129 Views)

I Have Being Single For 10 Years Now, Is It Because I’m Ugly- Nigerian Lady Cry / Help. Help. Nairaland Is Depressing Me. Why? / Being Single Is Not A Curse! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by XXXwhistleblowe(m): 9:51am On Jul 27, 2017
Well, I'm back again looking for people who are going through the same things I'm going through. Maybe we can start a form of group to share how we can overcome the things we face.

I have been single for a while due to complicated issues like I date out of pity, I have problem with commitment and I just make silly mistakes. Sometimes it best so lonely even tho I get some regular flings, friends with benefits and all but there's no girl I can actually call my own or talk to when I'm alone. Sometimes I'm forced to reach out to my friends with benefit but they warn me about not getting emotionally attached.
Getting a girlfriend for me isn't that hard but the problem is I'm not in love with anybody and I don't want to hurt anyone anymore but the loneliness sometimes is overwhelming...
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by Sleyanya1(m): 10:08am On Jul 27, 2017
Find ways to do other stuff you love and love yourself.

Define the necessary few qualities you want in your woman.

Above all. Love yourself and be happy with the stuff you do.

You'll radiate such love & surely she'll come into view.
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by XXXwhistleblowe(m): 10:11am On Jul 27, 2017
Sleyanya1:
Find ways to do other stuff you love and love yourself.

Define the necessary few qualities you want in your woman.

Above all. Love yourself and be happy with the stuff you do.

You'll radiate such love & surely she'll come into view.
the things I love to do are expensive and I dont have the resources yet.
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by cerowo(f): 11:21am On Jul 27, 2017
Jst passing by
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by pocohantas(f): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2017
Loneliness?
If you don't feel fulfilled alone, then you're probably looking for someone to dump the baggage of your loneliness on.

1 Like

Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2017
pocohantas:
Loneliness?
If you don't feel fulfilled alone, then you're probably looking for someone to dump the baggage of your loneliness on.

grin grin
So you enjoy being alone
But can you fulfill every thing you desire in life alone I.e having a baby, being loved and loving someone

Except you don't want these things sad

1 Like

Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by thanki410(m): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2017
That is when you dont realky know what is doing you
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 27, 2017
Op the problem is in that statement you made "getting a girl for me is not hard"
It clearly shows you haven't been able to identify what you want in a girl to understand that it takes a lot of time to search your missing rib
Hence, you stated thst you have no reasons to go into a relationship

I think in essence what you need to do is to identify what makes you happy. E.g games you love, what you love to chat about and find a girl that want to do these things with you

If you do this my bro you will realize that getting a girl maybe easy but getting your type of girl is hard work

Stay blessed

2 Likes

Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by jacyhelen(f): 11:57am On Jul 27, 2017
@op..You are an introvert simple..
Get to know your self,love your self and the right people will come.
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by XXXwhistleblowe(m): 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
sunshineG:
Op the problem is in that statement you made "getting a girl for me is not hard"
It clearly shows you haven't been able to identify what you want in a girl to understand that it takes a lot of time to search your missing rib
Hence, you stated thst you have no reasons to go into a relationship

I think in essence what you need to do is to identify what makes you happy. E.g games you love, what you love to chat about and find a girl that want to do these things with you

If you do this my bro you will realize that getting a girl maybe easy but getting your type of girl is hard work

Stay blessed

I appreciate you bro, thanks. I guess I see sense I your advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by XXXwhistleblowe(m): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
jacyhelen:

Sometimes people who like me come along. But they end up liking me less later when there's a new person in their live.
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by XXXwhistleblowe(m): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
jacyhelen:

Sometimes people who like me come along. But they end up liking me less later when there's a new person in their life
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by michaelolushola: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
XXXwhistleblowe:
Well, I'm back again looking for people who are going through the same things I'm going through. Maybe we can start a form of group to share how we can overcome the things we face.

I have been single for a while due to complicated issues like I date out of pity, I have problem with commitment and I just make silly mistakes. Sometimes it best so lonely even tho I get some regular flings, friends with benefits and all but there's no girl I can actually call my own or talk to when I'm alone. Sometimes I'm forced to reach out to my friends with benefit but they warn me about not getting emotionally attached.
Getting a girlfriend for me isn't that hard but the problem is I'm not in love with anybody and I don't want to hurt anyone anymore but the loneliness sometimes is overwhelming...

Hey, just to help there is a website for this, you know looking for serious people to have a relationship with. Have you checked LostRib.com?
Here's their link http://lostrib.com.ng/
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by pocohantas(f): 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
sunshineG:
grin grin
So you enjoy being alone
But can you fulfill every thing you desire in life alone I.e having a baby, being loved and loving someone

Except you don't want these things sad

Tell me what part of my post you got all what you wrote up there from. Or do you guys just love twisting things to suit yourselves? undecided

The point is simple, don't go into relationships because you are 'lonely'. You must first be happy and fulfilled as an individual, to be able to share some happiness with a partner...not all the having babies talk. Like every one even wants that... undecided undecided undecided
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2017
pocohantas:

Tell me what part of my post you got all what you wrote up there from. Or do you guys just love twisting things to suit yourselves? undecided

The point is simple, don't go into relationships because you are 'lonely'. You must first be happy and fulfilled as an individual, to be able to share some happiness with a partner...not all the having babies talk. Like every one even wants that... undecided undecided undecided
actions speak louder than words
In your case meme speaks louder than what you wrote, actually it qaulifies each other grin

I am sorry if you are not lonely though but if you are lonely ....... grin grin
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by pocohantas(f): 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2017
sunshineG:
actions speak louder than words
In your case meme speaks louder than what you wrote, actually it qualifies each other grin

I am sorry if you are not lonely though but if you are lonely ....... grin grin
No, the sorry issue is the fact that you guys here can't do without personalising posts or arguments. undecided
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2017
pocohantas:

No, the sorry issue is the fact that you guys here can't do without personalising posts or arguments. undecided
no ma I am not personalizing anything oo
It is just that some people often leave a bit of clue about their personal lives in some post they make, especially when it comes to emotional stuff
You may be different, just like me

So i may be wrong ooo
I am not a mind reader after all
Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by pocohantas(f): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
sunshineG:
no ma I am not personalizing anything oo
It is just that some people often leave a bit of clue about their personal lives in some post they make, especially when it comes to emotional stuff
You may be different, just like me

So i may be wrong ooo
I am not a mind reader after all
Whatever makes you sleep well at night... wink

1 Like

Re: When Being Single Is Depressing But You Are Not In Love With Anybody by Sleyanya1(m): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2017
XXXwhistleblowe:
the things I love to do are expensive and I dont have the resources yet.

I understand. Focus on those things within you that aren't expensive.

Your Hobbies are a good example.
Things you grew up loving before even you started having any feeling for females.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

To All The Ladies Calling All Men Dogs, Please Kindly Identify Your Father / HELP!!! Is This Spiritual Or Mental / Pre - Wedding Pictures Of The Sister Of A Nairalander And Her Husband To Be.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.