Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money (31878 Views)

Ondo Gets 10 Bulldozers To Boost Cassava Production -Gov Akeredolu Shares PHOTOS / Latest Gari Processing And (maize And Cassava) Production Plan / Cost Implication For The Cultivativation Of 1 Hectare Of Cassava Production. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by professorfal: 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
seguno2:

Are you still being fed or do you earn your own living?
Re-direct that question to one of your family or friends.

1 Like

Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by omohoneyland(m): 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
BlackAfrican:
Can you break down the process of fertilizer application so non agriculturalists can comprehend. Second, where person fit see land rent for farming cassava?
very easy to get at Epe. call me I will give u for information on the land issue
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by wtfcoded: 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2017
I love farming and i don't know why undecided
If I paradventurely hit huge cash, I will open farm business.

2 Likes

Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by jbix(m): 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
please oh how do we secure our farmland from fulani cows, because I did a little cassava farm at Abuja but the fear of cow is d beginning of my loss of everything I invested
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by EYIBLESSN(m): 4:39pm On Jun 16, 2017
eminikansoso:
grin
OP You are a confirmed Internet farmer.
You know nothing about farming just look at your analysis, for example #88,000 for palm oil for garri processing.
Now Let me educate you on cassava farming business.
Let assume you want to farm on an hectare of land which is 100m by 100m equal to 10,000m square.
Land clearing during the january /February period will cost you 15000 to 25000 depend on the locations.
Next stage is Tilling and Ridges by tractor or manual, but tractor will be much better and will cost you around 20,000 to 30,000 depend on your locations.
Other stages include herbicide spraying and planting of cassava, you will need like 4 litres of herbicides and 50 bundles of cassava stems for 1 hectare of cassava farm which will cause you around 75,000 for proper planting of 1 meter spacing.
It take cause 9 to 12 months to reach maturity stage and it depends on the species.
Harvesting is done by hand and like me I sell by ton no further processing because of time and stress involve.
For an hectare of cassava farm highest I have uproot is about 63 tons about 2 years ago and was sold at 22500 per ton then.
Thanks
cassava farming is very lucrative no magic about it but it take time.

Online Indeed. I guess if The OP ever stepped on the farm before.

1 Like

Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by Librapicasso: 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
Adieza:
By Othouke Felix

www.agricinfo.com/2017/06/business-plan-for-cassava-production.html?m=1

Wonderful and very informative piece.
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by Librapicasso: 4:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
Adieza:
By Othouke Felix

www.agricinfo.com/2017/06/business-plan-for-cassava-production.html?m=1
Wonderful and very informative article.
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by MOWA123: 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_fMRUce4q0
Pls watch,[color=#770077][/color] share and subscribe grin grin grin grin
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by Nicepoker(m): 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2017
fineboynl:
.easier said than done, if its that easy to make cool millions, then how come local farmers are not millionaire.
go for mechanized and u will make money.

1 Like

Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by Oluwachinta: 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
Confor:
Your research was good. But if you do more, you will discover that we have Cassava that can grow for six months only.

Please which variety is the 6months cassava and is the yield more than TME419? Thank you
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by sagacious2016: 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
Farming is very lucrative when it is in large scale and not subsistence level but it has one big problem - theft.
So think about how you can negotiate this problem before ever going into it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by ReachHard: 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2017
seguno2:

Are you still being fed or do you earn your own living?
Young man; why so serious?
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
fineboynl:
.easier said than done, if its that easy to make cool millions, then how come local farmers are not millionaire.
That's about 1 million in a year. . . give or take 120k per month. I think some local farmers can brag of owning that much money. And costs of other unforseen expenses reduces their money. Also, farming is not 'easy'. It only sounds easy because it was typed here.

1 Like

Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by morkaz(m): 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
eminikansoso:
grin
You know nothing about farming just look at your analysis, for example #88,000 for palm oil for garri processing.
Let assume you want to farm on an hectare of land which is 100m by 100m equal to 10,000m square.
Land clearing during the january /February period will cost you 15000 to 25000 depend on the locations.
Next stage is Tilling and Ridges by tractor or manual, but tractor will be much better and will cost you around 20,000 to 30,000 depend on your locations.
Other stages include herbicide spraying and planting of cassava, you will need like 4 litres of herbicides and 50 bundles of cassava stems for 1 hectare of cassava farm which will cause you around 75,000 for proper planting of 1 meter spacing.
It take cause 9 to 12 months to reach maturity stage and it depends on the species.
Harvesting is done by hand and like me I sell by ton no further processing because of time and stress involve.
For an hectare of cassava farm highest I have uproot is about 63 tons about 2 years ago and was sold at 22500 per ton then.
Thanks

Thanks. Can u pls send me ur number for more enlightenment.
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by Adieza(m): 5:54pm On Jun 16, 2017
Librapicasso:

Wonderful and very informative article.
Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by adebayo3449(m): 5:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
Surestontop:
cassava stem at #300 where is it sold please?
Help me ask o
Internet farmers every where
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by joenor(m): 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2017
Oga thank you. Make I discuss am with my family.
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by Adieza(m): 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2017
RealtorNgr:

Help Clarify pls...An Hectare (15plots) or an Acre (6plots)?
An Acre(6 Plots). Thanks
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by Adieza(m): 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2017
eminikansoso:
grin
Thanks
Thanks Sir, If You Can See The First Paragraphy.
By Othuoke Felix,
Am Yakubu Jimoh sir, The owner of the Blog, That guest post sir, But anyway sir, We thanks for the correction. Never say am internet Farmer, I works With Aroms Farms Nig Ltd.
We have about 50 Hectares of Cassava, We do Process the Cassava to Garri in Our Farm, Thanks.
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by fison(m): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
Thanks

Great contribution, please how did you determine the sales by tonne. Did you weigh the cassava using scale or what? Kindly clarify, thanks for the anticipated response.
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by Martin0(m): 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2017
Surestontop:
cassava stem at #300 where is it sold please?
ah you into farming,u can get it in akure ondo state I can confirm that,but white is not sold for that amount
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by taochemiaglobal(m): 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2017
Nice info.can one get cassava that will be ready for harvest in 6 months duration?
Adieza:

Thanks Sir, If You Can See The First Paragraphy.
By Othuoke Felix,
Am Yakubu Jimoh sir, The owner of the Blog, That guest post sir, But anyway sir, We thanks for the correction. Never say am internet Farmer, I works With Aroms Farms Nig Ltd.
We have about 50 Hectares of Cassava, We do Process the Cassava to Garri in Our Farm, Thanks.
Nice job .Am interested.
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by eminikansoso(m): 6:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
fison:
Thanks

Great contribution, please how did you determine the sales by tonne. Did you weigh the cassava using scale or what? Kindly clarify, thanks for the anticipated response.
a ton is equal to a full pick up truck
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by eminikansoso(m): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2017
My prayer is may the Almighty God allows my employer to lay me off. I don't know how to resign that is my problem.
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by jobsat34(m): 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
PastorAji:
if you are in Ibadan or you have contact in Ibadan, go to IITA International Institute of Tropical Agrculture.. the hybrid stem goes for that amount

How long does the hybrid stem takes to grow
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by jobsat34(m): 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
eminikansoso:
grin
Thanks

What info do you have on a certain hybrid stem?
Maturity month
Yield
Price and
Source..?
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:15pm On Jun 16, 2017
Am so much interested in this cassave biz or farming generally, I thought farming should be for those who studied Agric or close to that but Nigeria is not where one thinks....is where one does...I will surely com back here to give my success story...OP welldone...to those who think they know better than OP,..APC virus is in your system,.go and off load
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by wasuka14(m): 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2017
I wonder too for #88,000 palm oil. Whether he want to fry d whole cassava tuber ni o.
eminikansoso:
grin
Thanks
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by eminikansoso(m): 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2017
jobsat34:

What info do you have on a certain hybrid stem?
Maturity month
Yield
Price and
Source..?
The truth of it is that I have never planted hybrid cassava stem except for maize
Thanks
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by kingsmecca(m): 7:21pm On Jun 16, 2017
Yeah, I thought about this last week, I want to try this. Thank you for more info.
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by ussy09(m): 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2017
What if u plant it at maturity stage u decide to sell it, will d profit be much?
Re: Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money by Midumighty(m): 10:01pm On Jun 16, 2017
Oluwachinta:

Please which variety is the 6months cassava and is the yield more than TME419? Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun To Start Sale Of Mass Ofada Rice (Photos) / Ogun State Begins Dry Season Harvest In Youth Rice Production Project / A Nairalander Kills A Cobra While Surveying His Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.