Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself (72283 Views)

How Do I Get My Transcript From OAU / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Iamvictor(m): 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
Haaaaaa! great Ife

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by MrCork: 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
felictorx:
This is a friendly advice especially for post graduates applicants. I have warned you enough. OAU will delay your destiny and brag ontop of that. I can only pity the undergraduates stocked there! A word is enough for the wise!
...did babe reject u? undecided
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by mowapa(m): 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2017
felictorx:
This is a friendly advice especially for post graduates applicants. I have warned you enough. OAU will delay your destiny and brag ontop of that. I can only pity the undergraduates stocked there! A word is enough for the wise!

Is this warning for undergraduate or post graduate candidates. .?
Stuck

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
MedicalSamwise:
OAU
*LAUTECH*
KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY

*ALL THESE SCHOOLS NO BE SCHOOL*
*LAUTECH ESPECIALLY*
*IMAGINE RUNNING A SEMESTER FOR 2YEARS*

If u are an aspirant and u pick lautech, sorry for your life
I know someone in lautech that has been in 100L first semester since 2015. . . guy just wrote jamb again this year

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
Op your English reach to "stock" you for there tey nah...

3 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by kabillion(m): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
U are finished. I can see 'storked' insead of 'stuck' in ur composition. You have failed the courses abi n u want to come here n lie. Fear thunder o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by RELAN2446(m): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
Proudly unilorite
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Deicide: 6:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
twilliamx:

it is your english that is delaying you.
It is spelt stuck not stocked.
English is not our natural language, Mothers tongue tends to interfere with the way we pronounce some words hence the bad spellings...But seriously I don't see why you should attack that, does it makes you happy?

21 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by obataokenwa(m): 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
twilliamx:

it is your english that is delaying you.
It is spelt stuck not stocked.
Start every sentence with a capital letter.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by CioAngels(f): 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
felictorx:
Don't want to say much, just finished my post graduate project there
You will be helping students a great deal if you let them know why, there is no money that parents would waste. Spill the bean please.

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Handsomecole(m): 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
All these set of lazy people who were disappointed because they couldn't bribe their way in OAU . OAU is strictly hard work and through research no short cut to anything. Based on merit, personally I know students who dropped out in part 1 n 2 not because they had a bad GP but they cudnt cope with the stress.

6 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
felictorx:

I spent 5 years in Ife for a 4 year course. It has earlier delayed my entrance by almost a year due to streamlining of calendar.

So, while folks we wrote 2000 UME together graduated in other universities in 2004, I graduated in 2006.

Guess what? If I had another opportunity, I will still choose Ife for my undergraduate studies.

What I learned from that campus more than compensated.

I have no regrets.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Rainmaker69(m): 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
Lol. Pure beef. I can't imagine how this thread made the front page. Just a bland allegation, no foundation, no background, no context, just beer parlor yarns. Carry on.

While we're on the topic of Nigerian tertiary education, our educational policies have not advanced much since the 50s and 60s. Whats even worse is the fact that our ivory towers have become the mental prisons with almost no innovation or creativity. As Pius Adesanmi said, our society is a reflection of our universities.

5 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nauttyprof(m): 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
emmasege:
What exactly is your point, OP? I don't think OAU is as strict with their postgraduate programs as they were, years ago. I know of so many people who completed their MSc research programs within 4 semesters and PhD in 6 semesters in the last few years, on that same campus. OAU is not UI or UNILAG where they do short-term projects and mass defence for MSc candidate. In OAU, you do MSc by research which is the style in American and Canadian universities and not the British style adopted by UI & UNILAG. And if your thesis is not examinable, your supervisor will not clear you for defence. It doesn't matter if your class mates have been cleared by their own supervisors.

OAU is only good for research-minded candidates and not those who will want to do their research as if they were part time students, the moment they complete their course works. Such candidates may consider UNILAG or UI.

Shut up!!! Don't tarnish the image of other schools because you want to prove a point. I am sure you have not been to any of the two schools you mentioned before you started spewing rubbish here. Do you have any idea how some people are being delayed in both schools you mentioned due to their research (project)?
Do you know the extent some students go in these schools just to have a successful and comprehensive research?
If you have no idea of these, just shut up. That some people finish theirs on time doesn't mean same doesn't happen in OAU too. So, please stop glorifying what needs further clarification on.

13 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
I beg to disagree with you Mr. OAU has improved remarkably since the acting VC took over, hasn't embarked on strike for almost 2 years now and the best for PG studies in the country. Not suitatable for lazy asses though.

6 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Pumpido75(m): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
For real?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by iomoge2(f): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
coolt
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Dotman23(m): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
emmasege:
What exactly is your point, OP? I don't think OAU is as strict with their postgraduate programs as they were, years ago. I know of so many people who completed their MSc research programs within 4 semesters and PhD in 6 semesters in the last few years, on that same campus. OAU is not UI or UNILAG where they do short-term projects and mass defence for MSc candidate. In OAU, you do MSc by research which is the style in American and Canadian universities and not the British style adopted by UI & UNILAG. And if your thesis is not examinable, your supervisor will not clear you for defence. It doesn't matter if your class mates have been cleared by their own supervisors.

OAU is only good for research-minded candidates and not those who will want to do their research as if they were part time students, the moment they complete their course works. Such candidates may consider UNILAG or UI.

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by 9jatatafo(m): 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
OP please state your reason or reasons
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by maryjabeez: 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2017
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
felictorx:

Interesting shocked
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by LEXYCOM: 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
If oau delays destiny, what will lautech do?

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by VickyRotex(f): 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
By tomorrow now, we will start seeing various threads of: "Run Away from sososo and so school if you love Yourself"! No be Nairaland? undecided

All thanks to the op for starting this "stocked" up trend angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by hardbody: 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
felictorx:
Don't want to say much, just finished my post graduate project there

Thank God you were not 'stocked' there.

How won't you be stuck with this kind of writing acumen.

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by MYDEBBY(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
Unn don dey join dem small small,what I was able to fathom out was that these old lecturers don't want you to get to their heights and take over,hence the deliberate afflictions to delay students.

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by zionglory(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
felictorx:

lazy ass, we went to the best, great ife

4 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by okewumi: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
Handsomecole:
All these set of lazy people who were disappointed because they couldn't bribe their way in OAU . OAU is strictly hard work and through research no short cut to anything. Based on merit, personally I know students who dropped out in part 1 n 2 not because they had a bad GP but they cudnt cope with the stress.

Bros, you are right. I graduated from OAU and the only problem is no short cut to anything. You can not buy handout to boast your GP, you cannot ask a friend to write test for you. The only thing is that OAU is not meant for average students like me but for genius. I got job automatically after service year because of the school image and l was sent for training in Europe. Education in OAU is very tough

10 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Bigsteveg(m): 7:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
felictorx:
What will u say about LAUTECH?
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by saajib: 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
OAU of course is not for mediocre. Such persons should stay off

2 Likes

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by VickyRotex(f): 7:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
Jarus:

I spent 5 years in Ife for a 4 year course. It has earlier delayed my entrance by almost a year due to streamlining of calendar.

So, while folks we wrote 2000 UME together graduated in other universities in 2004, I graduated in 2006.

Guess what? If I had another opportunity, I will still choose Ife for my undergraduate studies.

What I learned from that campus more than compensated.

I have no regrets.

Awwwnnnnnn. cry cry cry Happy Ending!!! smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Best Five University Hostels In Nigeria(photos) - Kinesthouse / Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.