Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,307 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself (72276 Views)

How Do I Get My Transcript From OAU / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by HeyHey(f): 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
sigmundfreud:

Fallacy of generalization...
So students of OAU don't get scholarship?
Yes there is delay but...were u sent a special invitation to apply or you saw their advert? My friend go sleep for Moremi!

You are obviously not a student of OAU and from the way you sound I doubt you've ever been on scholarship
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by sigmundfreud(m): 10:21am On Jun 25, 2017
HeyHey:

You are obviously not a student of OAU and from the way you sound I doubt you've ever been on scholarship
In fact, I no kuku go school sef undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by nlPoster: 2:35am On Sep 24, 2019
Lol thanks for the advice. My friend recently told me he was considering oau. By the time I showed him Nairaland comments about OAU he Jejely followed me to CU. And by the way just take cover OAU Alumni are almost certainly going to come for you!

Interesting!
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by nlPoster: 2:39am On Sep 24, 2019
Lol. Pure beef. I can't imagine how this thread made the front page. Just a bland allegation, no foundation, no background, no context, just beer parlor yarns.

The OP could not explain himself in detail (typical nler or typical Nigerian perhaps) , but it's always been common knowledge the departments he listed are very tough.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by engrlarex(m): 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2020
bottlewater1:

well this is my own take. I enter OAU through DE in 2010 finish my service in 2017 yet I have no carry over nor extra year one year plus extra instead of five years

Baba u get carry over for over 2years..Na thesame year I entered to study Elect/Elect Engr. Finished my NYSC 2015.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by nlPoster: 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
Pumpido75:
For real?

Yes.

It can be very tough.

I think most other schools are easier.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by edoairways: 4:44pm On Feb 10, 2020
Edopesin:
Hmmm Stay Away Frm Uniben Too
Why?
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by edoairways: 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2020
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by edoairways: 4:54pm On Feb 10, 2020
twosquare:
I think felictorx is right to some extent. For Postgraduate students, OAU should be the last option. It is a No-No. Though they have sound lecturers but consider these turn-offs:

1) Your thesis won't add any point to your grade...it is just done like that, unlike other universities where it like 6 unit course. So, to attain your Ph.D. grade is totally based on coursework---such system is poor.

2) Lack of Ph.D. grade (60) means you will have to do Mphil...and OAU MPhil is close to 2 years (who have time to waste a whole two years. Why is it a waste? See the third point)

3) MPhil is not convertible to Ph.D., unlike U.I where there is MPhil/Ph.D. (After your MPhil, you will apply for Ph.D. afresh.

4) A lot of 'Bureaucracy' and red tapes...That's where you see Form A, E, F, Abstract, K, and the likes, each having its useless and unnecessary time-wasting procedures

5) Form A, for instance, will have to go to the department (you correct mistakes after it is returned to you), leave for the department (come back and correct mistakes)...while your mates in other schools are convocating... the same process till Faculty, Postgraduate College, and then your Oral Interview can be fixed. God help you if you don't have a good supervisor. I still have folks who are still there since 2014.

6) Other forms go through the same process as above....before your thesis is accepted whereas in some universities...you do your thesis and submit, and those forms do not add one value to your life.

7) When your mates are convocating and moving on with their lives, you are still doing your program in OAU..growing old...

With the points above, if you still decide to go for your PG programs in OAU (especially Masters and PH.D., well, that's your own business...do not say I don't tell you.)

Just that, in some departments, you can easily get admission, unlike U.I...If you like these disadvantages, then find a way to beat the system, but not possible, especially the grade aspect grin wink cheesy

Cc Statsocial, emmasege, HeyHey, ssuccess, Noble4life
Has OAU remove those bottlenecks?
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by twosquare(m): 5:33pm On Feb 10, 2020
edoairways:

Has OAU remove those bottlenecks?
No. The forms are still there.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by nlPoster: 6:11pm On Feb 10, 2020
twosquare:
I think felictorx is right to some extent. For Postgraduate students, OAU should be the last option. It is a No-No. Though they have sound lecturers but consider these turn-offs:

1) Your thesis won't add any point to your grade...it is just done like that, unlike other universities where it like 6 unit course. So, to attain your Ph.D. grade is totally based on coursework---such system is poor.

2) Lack of Ph.D. grade (60) means you will have to do Mphil...and OAU MPhil is close to 2 years (who have time to waste a whole two years. Why is it a waste? See the third point)

3) MPhil is not convertible to Ph.D., unlike U.I where there is MPhil/Ph.D. (After your MPhil, you will apply for Ph.D. afresh.

4) A lot of 'Bureaucracy' and red tapes...That's where you see Form A, E, F, Abstract, K, and the likes, each having its useless and unnecessary time-wasting procedures

5) Form A, for instance, will have to go to the department (you correct mistakes after it is returned to you), leave for the department (come back and correct mistakes)...while your mates in other schools are convocating... the same process till Faculty, Postgraduate College, and then your Oral Interview can be fixed. God help you if you don't have a good supervisor. I still have folks who are still there since 2014.

6) Other forms go through the same process as above....before your thesis is accepted whereas in some universities...you do your thesis and submit, and those forms do not add one value to your life.

7) When your mates are convocating and moving on with their lives, you are still doing your program in OAU..growing old...

With the points above, if you still decide to go for your PG programs in OAU (especially Masters and PH.D., well, that's your own business...do not say I don't tell you.)

Just that, in some departments, you can easily get admission, unlike U.I...If you like these disadvantages, then find a way to beat the system, but not possible, especially the grade aspect grin wink cheesy

Gridlocks
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by edoairways: 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2020
twosquare:
No. The forms are still there.
Na wa
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Edopesin: 8:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
edoairways:

Why?
Why not
The school is gradually becoming private in terms of fees only with little to show for it, even they've recently completed previously abandoned projects, existing structures are left, deteriorating and and still being used
Classes are not made to accommodate the number of admitted students, imagine I recently went with a friend to 300lv Engineering class for a course of theirs only to see MEN standing because of no seats! As in not just 10 or 15 people standing o
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by edoairways: 9:22pm On Feb 10, 2020
Edopesin:

Why not
The school is gradually becoming private in terms of fees only with little to show for it, even they've recently completed previously abandoned projects, existing structures are left, deteriorating and and still being used
Classes are not made to accommodate the number of admitted students, imagine I recently went with a friend to 300lv Engineering class for a course of theirs only to see MEN standing because of no seats! As in not just 10 or 15 people standing o
What of their postgraduate program is it fast?
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by olawalepopoola: 9:22pm On Feb 10, 2020
While wasting students' time? Are students delayed in American Universities?. I am a Geologist and we know of some years back when students under the Head of Geology Department, Professor M.A. Rahaman refused to graduate. Dr. Ocan (A Ugandan), the first 1st class of Geology in OAU, conducted his PhD research under same Professor of Geology for almost 20 years.
Those who refused to worship him as a tin good in that Department such as Dr. A.A. Adepelumi had his Professorship delayed.
Those whose M.Sc and PhD are fast in OAU registered through regional institutes such as RECTAS.
Are OAU PhD holders so specially honoured than those from other approved Universities? Hell no. PhD is PhD as long as it is from an approved and internationally recognised University.
Spare your fables.
emmasege:
What exactly is your point, OP? I don't think OAU is so strict with their postgraduate programs as they were, years ago. I know of so many people who completed their MSc research programs within 4 semesters and PhD in 6 semesters in the last few years, on that same campus. OAU is not UI or UNILAG where they do short-term projects and mass defence for MSc candidates. In OAU, you do MSc by research which is the style in American and Canadian universities and not the British style adopted by UI & UNILAG. And if your thesis is not examinable, your supervisor will not clear you for defence. It doesn't matter if your class mates have been cleared by their own supervisors.

OAU is only good for research-minded candidates and not those who will want to do their research as if they were part time students, the moment they complete their course works. Such candidates may consider UNILAG or UI.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by olawalepopoola: 9:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
geobukky:
My academic mentor and project supervisor did all his programs at OAU, BSC MSC, PHD.
One of the earlierst tips he gave me is "avoid OAU", why? they will waste your life. I think he spent 5-6years on his PhD
I know someone will come and say he did not know what he was doing; dude was best in his class during MSc and got an AAPG award on his MS research
I don't know of other departments o.... but white house (OAU Geoscience)is legendary!!! when u see that department just flee... am not oau product but i know 50% of their lecturers; they are just notorious and that is also the best geoscience department in the country, has to be said
Best Geology Department. Guy park well.
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by nlPoster: 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2020
Edopesin:

Why not

I don't get your point.

Are you angry men were standing and women present were sitting?

Does your statement men include both genders or only males? If it applies to both genders, why didn't you say students instead of men?

Were any women in the class?
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Ebenezar2020(m): 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
Edopesin:
Hmmm Stay Away Frm Uniben Too
how far boss?
how the race come be na? you're now in 300 abi?
remember Grandfinale2017?

1 Like

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Edopesin: 11:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
nlPoster:

I don't get your point.

Are you angry men were standing and women present were sitting?

Does your statement men include both genders or only males? If it applies to both genders, why didn't you say students instead of men?

Were any women in the class?
I wasn't referring to a particular gender, just trying to give emphasis
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by Edopesin: 9:46am On Feb 12, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
how far boss?
how the race come be na? you're now in 300 abi?
remember Grandfinale2017?
What's up bro, it's been a while
Yea you're right 300 now
Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by PECng: 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2020
OAU Postgraduate College Admission Form for Harmattan Semester 2019/2020 Session Still On Sale
For the graduates that have been waiting for OAU to commence registration for the Rain Semester 19/20 session, and it was looking like no form is going to be on sale again this year because of the pandemic, well, some departments have gone back to selling forms for the Harmattan Semester 19/20 session. READ THE FULL ARTICLE HERE>>>https://www.pecngr.com/2020/09/oau-postgraduate-college-admission-form.html

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by PECng: 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2020
When you Have Changed Your Choice of Course in your UTME but the Old Course is Still Reflecting on Your OAU Post-UTME
It is very normal that between when UTME results are released and when admission offering is over, applicants will have the need to change their choices of institution or/and courses, it’s very normal. But I have to tell you that this is one of the very rampant but overlooked reasons why a lot of people lose their admission—especially when it has to do with OAU. Read me right please, changing your choices of course within OAU is not a problem at all, it only becomes a problem when you do the changing of course at a wrong time; and there are so many wrong times to change your course if you are aspiring to be offered an admission in OAU. READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2020/10/when-you-have-changed-your-choice-of.html

Re: Run Away From OAU Ile Ife If You Love Yourself by PECng: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
OAU’s Transcripts Problems: What the Alumni Body Should Do
One of the biggest problems alumni of any school in Nigeria currently face is trying to get their transcripts from their school they graduated from. If you are a graduate and you have not had to lose an advance admission, an opportunity to travel abroad or a delayed promotion at work because your employer is waiting for you to provide your transcripts, it most probably means you’ve not started using your education at the places where you should be using it. Because if you have, you would have been asked to provide your transcripts at some point, and your school would have shown you how problematic they are when it comes to issuing transcripts to people. And with all these I have said about the problems you would encounter to get your transcripts, I have not even slimmed it down to the levels of OAU, and trust me on this, when it comes to OAU, every normal problem becomes even stronger. Since OAU handed the transcripts processes to the private digital company called ETX, instead of the processes getting better and easier, it gets even worse day after day. Go on any social media platform and read about how OAU alumni lament about their sufferings on getting their transcripts, you wouldn’t believe OAU—one of the earliest universities in Nigeria, with the title “leading in ICT” attached to her name—would still be having such problems in this century where everything is swift, easier, and you don’t have to be present to make all these happen. READ MORE HERE>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2021/01/oaus-transcripts-problems-what-alumni.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.