Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again (54098 Views)

No Matter What You Do, Never Use Transsion Phones: My Experience / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / 4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by salford1: 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2017
Gptech:

Even the so called follow come are bought from somewhere.
SAMSUNG Memory Card Micro SD 256GB 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB SDHC SDXC Grade EVO EVO Class 10 C10 UHS TF Trans Flash Microsd
http://s.aliexpress.com/36Jr6BzA
(from AliExpress Android)

TOSHIBA Memory Card 128GB 64GB 32GB UHS-3 Max Read Speed 90M/s 16GB micro sd card Class10 UHS-1 flash card Memory Microsd
http://s.aliexpress.com/bIVNbAvA

MIXZA Memory Card 128GB 64GB 32GB 16GB micro sd card Class10 UHS-1 8GB Class6 flash card Memory Microsd for Smartphone/Tablet
http://s.aliexpress.com/Jn6z2UfU
Meanwhile, any of these will do.
Thanks for the links bro.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Gptech(m): 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
salford1:

Thanks for the links bro.
Uwc
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Abudu2000(m): 7:32am On Jun 18, 2017
Nigerians are always resistance to change until that tin becomes obsolete b4 we finally embrace it...who still uses ad card in 2017. Cloud storage is he best way to keep it data for years to come and its auto backup, means for instance I capture a photo it is already saved a d you don't have to worry even if I loose it phone. Yes it uses data and data is expensive but for the services they offer I think it's totally worth it.

Provided U have ur password I can always access it in years to come

1 Like

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by jiangchu: 8:34am On Jun 18, 2017
Osaki07:
2 simple reasons I stopped using an sd card

Sd card (aka "memory card) also known as external memory, of course is a common possession among Nigerians but such is not the same with other countries as they use modern features such as "Cloud storage" it's like..unfortunately Nigeria is still a bit far from adapting this trend.
So in this post, I'm gonna explain to you the bads of using an sd card and hopefully convince you in using other easy storage option such as Cloud storage
so first I'm gonna start with the disadvantages of an sd card.

1. It makes your phone lag..
Have you ever notice or have ever tried comparing your phone startup speed? (that is the time it takes to power on or off??)
..well if you have ever tried it, you'll notice that you phone boots(startup) faster without sd card especially those with bigger memory size such as 64,128,256GB..that's why flagship such as the Xiaomi mi6 and even the upcoming Essential PH-1 are been released without sd card slot.. so the whole point here is to tell you that, an sd card could cause your phone to lag or probably hang..also take note that it might not be noticeable in some phones with advance and the latest processors such as those with "snapdragon SoC" or recent "mediatek chipsets series".

2. virus attacks
Of course almost everyone is aware of this ugly fact..sd card are very prone to virus and the only solution is to format it and in the process you tend to lose all your valuable data such as music,videos,pictures, e. t. c

so, yeah..that's all for now I hope you were a bit convinced
p. s :I'm not saying you shouldn't buy a memory card, all I'm trying to say is that..next time when getting a new device, go for those with big internal memory so that you can avoid the stress of buying an sd card and also the consequences that comes with it.

i reckon with you. of recent i lost my phone. and was full of regrets of the document and memories on it.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by kunlesufyan(m): 8:35am On Jun 18, 2017
I use dropbox
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by InvertedHammer: 8:38am On Jun 18, 2017
Osaki07:

Sd card (aka "memory card) also known as external memory, of course is a common possession among Nigerians but such is not the same with other countries as they use modern features such as "Cloud storage" it's like..unfortunately Nigeria is still a bit far from adapting this trend.
So in this post, I'm gonna explain to you the bads of using an sd card and hopefully convince you in using other easy storage option such as Cloud storage

Have you ever notice or have ever tried comparing your phone startup speed? (that is the time it takes to power on or off??)
..well if you have ever tried it, you'll notice that you phone boots(startup) faster without sd card especially those with bigger memory size such as 64,128,256GB..that's why flagship such as the Xiaomi mi6 and even the upcoming Essential PH-1 are been released without sd card slot.. so the whole point here is to tell you that, an sd card could cause your phone to lag or probably hang..also take note that it might not be noticeable in some phones with advance and the latest processors such as those with "snapdragon SoC" or recent "mediatek chipsets series".

2. virus attacks
Of course almost everyone is aware of this ugly fact..sd card are very prone to virus and the only solution is to format it and in the process you tend to lose all your valuable data such as music,videos,pictures, e. t. c

p. s :I'm not saying you shouldn't buy a memory card, all I'm trying to say is that..next time when getting a new device, go for those with big internal memory so that you can avoid the stress of buying an sd card and also the consequences that comes with it.

Until the cloud get hacked...
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by LordVoldemort(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2017
techgirlng:

It takes literally a few seconds to upload your photos to the Cloud. There are so many options. Google drive and Dropbox are probably one of the best.

The question is not how long it takes. The question he ask is if he gonna use his precious data to upload the files
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2017
Abudu2000:
Nigerians are always resistance to change until that tin becomes obsolete b4 we finally embrace it...who still uses ad card in 2017. Cloud storage is he best way to keep it data for years to come and its auto backup, means for instance I capture a photo it is already saved a d you don't have to worry even if I loose it phone. Yes it uses data and data is expensive but for the services they offer I think it's totally worth it.

Provided U have ur password I can always access it in years to come

You sound as if it's only Nigerians that still use memory card. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 18, 2017
That was how I lost three years of memories. 720 songs 536 videos 1250 pictures And countless other files when my memory card got corrupted last month

1 Like

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by techlorddsblog: 8:46am On Jun 18, 2017
*Why I will never take my bath again*

1. I saw snake in the bathroom
2. As you all know, the weather is cold this days

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by LeJeun3: 8:48am On Jun 18, 2017

Op is confusing storage and expandable memory!

Excuse my French

How would you play movies from the cloud storage??

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Justuceleague2: 8:52am On Jun 18, 2017
techgirlng:

It takes literally a few seconds to upload your photos to the Cloud. There are so many options. Google drive and Dropbox are probably one of the best.

Marylin Monroe, jayz, Nicky Minaj Lil Wayne , among others used cloud storage they got hacked and thier nudies were all over internet including sex tapes, nothing on internet /technology is safe it behooves on individual to make a choice
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 18, 2017
techgirlng:
Cloud Storage is the only way to go.
Come....sit here......lets enjoy this glass of.....what do you drink, again?

....and dropbox too. The advantage about this is, both your P.C and your phone are in sync
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by BlackMbakara1(m): 8:54am On Jun 18, 2017
And if you don't have internet on your phone to connect to the cloud storage, you start rubbing ur balls abi to get you files?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by descrisom(m): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2017
U must be high on something
U copy your 5 gta games series and movies...
How will you play the game files you uploaded to cloud ..
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by BahdGanG(m): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2017
Cloud what? Data Aint Cheap @ all
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by inkzpatty(m): 8:56am On Jun 18, 2017
Osaki07:

2. virus attacks

wat is this one saying ?got ursef back to researchdesk and knw wot external is all abt.if ur mem-card hang ur internal storage can do dsame ,if mcard can contart virus so ur phone.external is made for many purpose wic u ar shortsighted abt .modify ur post
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by dodelight(m): 8:57am On Jun 18, 2017
Gptech:

grin, don't be angry, technology is moving in a fast pace, and I can't remember any company including a class 10 memory card in a phone, what they have was within class 6, and with small capacity, like 8 gig, don't think that is considered a good offer today. It will be a welcome development if they can add a decent memory card and add it to the price of the phone.
They actually know what they'r doing for not including external memory to the phones anymore. they realized your phone is safer with external memory: any virus coming in would only affect the sd card, and u may not buy another phone any time soon. but with internal memory, they can easily introduce viruses through different apps and resetting the phone won't solve it, so you'll be forced to buy another. It's All About Markettin!
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 18, 2017
and seun's mods pushed this rubbish to fp . . .

an incoherent, garbage article all technoob opinion and no logic
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by sekem: 9:00am On Jun 18, 2017
grin grin grin

Why I will never use a condom again in my life

1. If you use a condom, you will never get the girl pregnant

2. If you cannot get a girl pregnant, you will never be a father

2 Likes

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 18, 2017
techgirlng:
thought one needs Data connection to access those file ?
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by oodua1stson: 9:01am On Jun 18, 2017
A techie that does not know that android phones can't have virus is that one a techie?

Go for more research. Only malware can attack an android, not a virus

Thank you
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Lexusgs430: 9:10am On Jun 18, 2017
techgirlng:

What about uploading all my 6000 + 1000 videos, that are already backed up on my sd card, would that take seconds?
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by femarse: 9:10am On Jun 18, 2017
the OP is a little deluded and brainwashed
of course I use both mmc and cloud Google drive and OneDrive and I have tons of things on them ranging from my certificates to photos to apps to document thousands of PDF files etc and they are completely different thing mmc if for things u will be needing almost every now and then cloud is majorly for backup simple anytime I am using someone laptop or phone and I need to get a doc I simply log on to my Google drive and bring it out this always make me happy but I don't think it's in the right other of mind every time I want to show my friend something on my phone I should be assessing the internet just to get them
well u are one of those people that was fool into thinking u don't need a memory card and the same set of people that told u that will now tell u to buy external cloud storage again ... I think they first told u that u don't need external memory while cloud storage is good the motive behind it is purely profit and nothing more just so u don't know the cloud u are making noise about is also a physical hard drive that can be attack by a virus just like ur PC drive
same people that told u that u don't need a radio on your phone to listen to music which is free later tell u to stream the music which of course have a cost attached to it
every idea they selling to u is to make sure all your hard earned money drop from your pocket
or u really think the streaming music is on the cloud ? no it's on a physical hard drive and what's stopping you from having your own personal hard drive ? if they can protect their own from been attack by virus u too can

5 Likes

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Lexusgs430: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2017
Olivers:
Who still uses android?

Me and many million others.... Umidigi C Note to be precise............
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:14am On Jun 18, 2017
seriously
for our naija ? who go gv u data to the download your files up and down anytime u wan use am ? na so u go download Furipus 8 of 3gb put for cloud dey download am, if u wan watch am for system...

cloud no just work with our data cost
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Biodun556(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2017
I use cloud storage also but you can't run application through it you still need memory card.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by kennyhydee(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2017
What an ignorant post!!!
FYI, naija is a third world country, data isn't cheap!!!!

Cloud storage consumes data, lots of it, to back up ur data/files, u need data, to access it, u need data as well, except for the new trend of offline availability, even that is stored locally as cache. So what are u saying

Get a quality external storage, and constantly back it up on a computer (if u have one).

Don't just come here trying to sound smart while playing yourself in the process.

Even some flagships still offer expandable storage, heck!!! The newest offerings​ from Samsung, LG, HTC and Sony have expandable storage. Apple's decision not to is simply greed.

As for ur point about virus attacks, I don't even know what to say!!!

Ask urself y audio streaming services/apps are still unpopular in naija, DATA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by murmee: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2017
techgirlng:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2go- What Went Wrong? / DO NOT POST ADVERTS IN THIS SECTION ! / Which Network Provider In Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Connection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.