Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again (54099 Views)

No Matter What You Do, Never Use Transsion Phones: My Experience / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / 4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by nobleblood: 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2017
Or it could be they just want all of your informations.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by linearity: 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2017
Osaki07:
2 simple reasons I stopped using an sd card

Sd card (aka "memory card) also known as external memory, of course is a common possession among Nigerians but such is not the same with other countries as they use modern features such as "Cloud storage" it's like..unfortunately Nigeria is still a bit far from adapting this trend.
So in this post, I'm gonna explain to you the bads of using an sd card and hopefully convince you in using other easy storage option such as Cloud storage
so first I'm gonna start with the disadvantages of an sd card.

1. It makes your phone lag..
Have you ever notice or have ever tried comparing your phone startup speed? (that is the time it takes to power on or off??)
..well if you have ever tried it, you'll notice that you phone boots(startup) faster without sd card especially those with bigger memory size such as 64,128,256GB..that's why flagship such as the Xiaomi mi6 and even the upcoming Essential PH-1 are been released without sd card slot.. so the whole point here is to tell you that, an sd card could cause your phone to lag or probably hang..also take note that it might not be noticeable in some phones with advance and the latest processors such as those with "snapdragon SoC" or recent "mediatek chipsets series".

2. virus attacks
Of course almost everyone is aware of this ugly fact..sd card are very prone to virus and the only solution is to format it and in the process you tend to lose all your valuable data such as music,videos,pictures, e. t. c

so, yeah..that's all for now I hope you were a bit convinced
p. s :I'm not saying you shouldn't buy a memory card, all I'm trying to say is that..next time when getting a new device, go for those with big internal memory so that you can avoid the stress of buying an sd card and also the consequences that comes with it.
Please, next time speak on a subject that you are very conversant with.

Cloud storage is not synonymous to memory cards in the way you described it. You don't install Apps in your phone on the cloud, you only use it as backup for picture, files, etc..if you use memory cards in that fashion, it will be faster than cloud story and on boot up, your phone will not access the memory.

Secondly, using cloud storage incurs excessive data charges, not economical, plus your data may not be available everything you need them as you are not reliant on third parties like you mobile provider or WiFi provider to have access to them.

If there is virus in your phone, chances are; it will also infect your cloud stored files, if you access those files from an infected phone.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Martin0(m): 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
Papadoh:

What sort of rubbish is this? You guys are derailing the thread, go find somewhere else to discuss your girl issues.
sorry man
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by donqx: 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
so you will store files in your brain now. good
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Olivers(m): 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
Pasqual:

Wetin U de use??
try google search.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
author=Papadoh post=57628657]

Beast I have, No lag it has.

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Osaki07: 3:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
ddjay:

my sd card has 2315 audio songs (12.6gb) videos kon 639 (10gb) instead of making normal contribution to the profit of dis rubbish gsm companies, u want me to upload to some cloud storage with dis heavy data size, even spend more mobile data to play the audio or video.because am d one dat wld make ds rubbish gsm service providers to add more range rover, g class, e class etc abi
BY THE WAY WHICH CONTRACT STAFF ARE U, MTN, AIRTEL, GLO ABI ETISALAT. because U WAN MAKE WE BURN OUR DATA
grin grin LMAOOOOO
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
prettyboi1989:
Mehn education and exposure to knowledge is key o. imagine what this fellow is saying that memory card slows down phone boot up process. This guy failed to mention the fact that it could be his phone that may cause the slow speed with the ram in perspective. the op also said sd cards are prone to virus, abeg which device isnt prone to virus? is it a laptop's hard drive or external drive that isnt prone to virus? virus enters a device through things downloaded and through connection of the device to an infected pc.
this op is just making an uneducated statement

First question should be, where is the Op writing from.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Osaki07: 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ama80:
plz how do i store to d cloud?my samsung keep referring me to it yet can't make use of it.
Try Google drive, Dropbox..or if u're a xiaomi phone use mi cloud wink

Good luck amigo..gracias
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Osaki07: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
Segadem:
u highlighted the problems without any solution angry

How can one use cloud storage?
Google drive, dropbox and mi cloud
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Lexusgs430: 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
Papadoh:

The day i tried that sh!t eehn, i saw gobe.
1 gig worth of data gone in under 10 minutes.
I was like... DROPBOX!!!!

Abi o. Cloud storage aka data killers
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2017
Osaki07:
Google drive, dropbox and mi cloud

Don't forget to tell them the cloud has a data storage cap.

grin grin grin grin

Cloud no be bottomless pit.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Osaki07: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:
I should have termed this an irregular post but I will not as everybody is entitled to his/her opinion.
An SD card remains relevant in any OS as long as there is no technology to replace it.
Also note that SD cards are being classified as you may already know. Why am being a bit critical on your idea is because of this line "unfortunately Nigeria is still a bit far from adapting this trend".
Are you insinuating that SD card is not being used worldwide anymore..?
Are you implying that the type of android devices being sent down here are the only ones with SD card slot..?
If yes, then you're wrong because SD card is an essential storage extension in any android system. Updating my phone requires an sd card even with the large internal storage capacity. Again, the case of Mobile viruses has nothing to do with an SD card, meaning that the security status be it attacked, vulnerable or safe is determined by the user.
As for the cloud storage, it wasn't meant for storing frequently used files, the main aim was for backup processes and for storing important files that is rarely handled by a user.
The only time an SD card can be risky is when its being FORMATED BY A USER AS AN INTERNAL STORAGE. its is likely to crash and user data gone because of the encryption formality. And this feature has been disabled by google in Android Nougat due to it glitches.
SD card was meant to contain stuffs like audio files music files, image files, large game cache files etc.
Then apps stored away from internal storage is what makes the device laggy.
nice comment..although I still consider some of your point invalid..
..but still let's meet up..are you in Facebook or whatsapp
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Osaki07: 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2017
BroZuma:

Don't forget to tell them the cloud has a data storage cap.
grin grin grin grin
Cloud no be bottomless pit.
sure..they should know that wink .. ..everything in reality have a limit
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2017
Osaki07:
sure..they should know that wink
..everything in reality have a limit

Some people don dey ask ask question like say dem wan bury dead body for cloud.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Lexusgs430: 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2017
Franky826:
Cloud storage is best but has its cons too.

1. Data isn't cheap.

Imagine I have 2GB size of photos. To safely keep them in a cloud storage I'll need >=2gb of data.

And then to access them again I'll still need data since some cloud based service barely offer offline service, one drive tries in this aspect still not cheap.

2. When you are in a place void of Internet network or data your cloud backup are as good as none cos it isn't accessible.

3. Cloud security can be hacked though rarely. But Yahoo attack is still fresh in our memory.

Are you forgetting the icloud hack?
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Osaki07: 3:53pm On Jun 18, 2017
BroZuma:

Some people don dey ask ask question like say dem wan bury dead body for cloud.
LWKMD grin grin
..bro let's connect na..whatsapp or fb
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
Osaki07:
LWKMD grin grin
..bro let's connect na..whatsapp or fb

You won't believe it bro, but I do emails and I'm not on Facebook.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Papadoh(m): 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
BroZuma:

Beast I have, No lag it has.
hahaha Nice one.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Osaki07: 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2017
BroZuma:

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Flintstone06(m): 4:28pm On Jun 18, 2017
salford1:
mmc has done me strong thing too. In my own case, alot of my photos and videos are not accessible any more, and the card sometimes freezes the phone. I run my phone without a memory card now. I just transfer my content to my laptop.

It's an original sandisk card. It did not even last up to 6 months.

Meanwhile, the 32gb SD card I bought November 2013 is still kicking in my phone tongue tongue... External memory card will never go... Wait until your phone falls into water and packs up, you will appreciate sd
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Osaki07: 4:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
BroZuma:

?
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by TKDEE(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2017
guy if some guys catch u ehh..
u go vomit water and blood
u no knw say na person business u dey spoil so?
u no want make him market sale...?
bros nawah to u oo!! >:
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Niyinoble: 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lol, this isn't enough reason.
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Lexusgs430: 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
Osaki07:
sure..they should know that wink
..everything in reality have a limit

Did Evan's ransom requested amount, have a limit?
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Lexusgs430: 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
Flintstone06:

Meanwhile, the 32gb SD card I bought November 2013 is still kicking in my phone tongue tongue... External memory card will never go... Wait until your phone falls into water and packs up, you will appreciate sd

My SanDisk (32GB) from almost 6 years, still rocking in my Umidigi C Note .......

1 Like

Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Osaki07: 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Did Evan's ransom requested amount, have a limit?
?? who the heck is Evan??

by the way long time bro...remember me?
so how far with that umudigi stuff
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by Lexusgs430: 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
Osaki07:
?? who the heck is Evan??

by the way long time bro...remember me?
so how far with that umudigi stuff

Evans the kidnapping Master.........

Umidigi is really holding up well. Got 2 umidigi devices now.
Umidigi also releasing the Z1 in less than 10 hours, might also be tempted to buy it......
How can I forget you?
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by KvnGRezz(m): 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2017
Op yhu are more than just mere Etejogbor....kan u imagine Yhu are on ur own joor
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by CrEaToRmalden(m): 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
Osaki07:
nice comment..although I still consider some of your point invalid..
..but still let's meet up..are you in Facebook or whatsapp

Both bro
Re: Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again by sulakishop(m): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2017
IF I WERE THE OP, I WONT EVEN USE MY BRAINS AGAIN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2go- What Went Wrong? / DO NOT POST ADVERTS IN THIS SECTION ! / Which Network Provider In Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Connection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.