Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? (3250 Views)

Val's Day: Ladies, Help A Guy With Low Cost, Tasteful Ideas / Dwarf Guy With Swag Rocks Tall, Beautiful Young Lady (Photos) / (Ladies): A Girl Can Never Truly Love A Guy Until He's Chopped Her Kpekus. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by pocohantas(f): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
boiz2men:

my dear.. u never know the street sense that got her there..... if her files should be opened publicly, you would be marveled in utter shock... no body tells their true success story.. street plus book makes you super rich... when we say someone is smart.. no be becos e dey carry first for class oo....
Assumptions...bye.
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
A combination of both
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by TrapHedges(m): 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
boiz2men:

my dear.. u never know the street sense that got her there..... if her files should be opened publicly, you would be marveled in utter shock... no body tells their true success story.. street plus book makes you super rich... when we say someone is smart.. no be becos e dey carry first for class oo....

my guy... na the thg b dat.. no time to dey form omo for me

lol true bro
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by tosyne2much(m): 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
Cinderella5:
dullard spotted grin

Seems no guy with book intelligence here
Major turn off sad
I don't need to brag that I'm very endowed both stress wise and academic wise

So, don't say why you don't know about me cheesy
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by boiz2men(m): 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
Benita27:
Academic intelligence rules the world, and not street intelligence. Mark zuckerberg/Bill gate,etc are rare cases of one in a million or billion which is unlikely to happen.

elon musk
steve jobs
peter thiel
sean parker
donald trump

etc

nigeria
aliko dangote
mike adenuga
folorunsho alakija
linda ikeji
osewa seun

all na street sense my dear.... i doubt any of these i mentioned have a first class.... in fact, many of them were drop outs

i could go on and on.. street plus book makes you super intelligent.... academic intelligence.. nah.. mind you, in terms of acada... people called me scholar.. believe street guys are smarter... most people who were duped by mmm were acada people by street people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by pocohantas(f): 10:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
English is hard o.
Ladies which do you prefer?
Guys,which are you?

E done enter who get money pass and MMM grin. It's not about who has money pass to some people ooo
Cha... I love Nairaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by boiz2men(m): 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
pocohantas:

Assumptions...bye.

i take it you are not a scientist. I am. In maths,physics,chemistry and what have you.. assumptions are usually made to reach a definitive theory.

lookatew.. nobody tells u the true source of their wealth... by Gods Grace, i get to the level of Okonjo iweala.. u think i would say my first million was from mmm and hit and run website building? grin i would say i was selling kerosene to help myself in school and i was determined to become successful and all the nonsense motivational speaakers spew.. grin
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by GoldenSpine24(m): 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
...A hybrid of both will be nice.However, it should tend more towards a little of streetiness in the intelligent guy than intelligence in the street guy. Besides, a lady can teach the academic man how to improve his social life. If he is responsible, and adds a little social flavor... Babe thats tripple A standard...
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
boiz2men:

elon musk
steve jobs
peter thiel
sean parker
donald trump

etc

nigeria
aliko dangote
mike adenuga
folorunsho alakija
linda ikeji
osewa seun

all na street sense my dear.... i doubt any of these i mentioned have a first class.... in fact, many of them were drop outs

i could go on and on.. street plus book makes you super intelligent.... academic intelligence.. nah.. mind you, in terms of acada... people called me scholar.. believe street guys are smarter... most people who were duped by mmm were acada people by street people

Trump was born with a silver spoon. The comparison between uneducated entrepreneurs who made their first millions/billions before getting a degree to those who got millions/billions through academic work is incomparable. The latter is always higher while the former is most likely not attainable.
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by tosyne2much(m): 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nbote:
Educational intelligence doesn't pay d bills in dis country... Which gal would chose a broke guy?
According to the OP, she feels educational intelligence is all that is needed to build a good and happy relationship, which is not.

Haven't we seen illiterates living good marital lives with peace and harmony while a professor can't build a good home.

That's just the irony of life my bro

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by RedBeauty: 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
A bit of both ...
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by boiz2men(m): 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2017
Benita27:
Trump was born with a silver spoon. The comparison between uneducated entrepreneurs who made their first millions/billions before getting a degree to those who got millions/billions through academic work is incomparable. The latter is always higher while the former is most likely not attainable.

my dear... i particularly think that school is over rated...

please read this book by Robert Kiyosaki

"if you want to be rich and happy don't go to school"

Go to School if you can afford it but its no determinant

The irony of life:

First Class are mostly employess

Second Class are mostly employers and they open vacancies only First Class Holders can apply lol..

Third Class.... these people either become sole proprietors or they join politics and make poilicies that affect the the business built by second class holders and the jobs the FC Holders have

P.S: exceptions abound tho

poco was saying it isnt about who makes money pass... undecided ask any under grad why they are in school .. their response is always almost similar => To get a good job.. why do you need a good job? MONEY is the motivation.. poco.. without money, intelligence is worthless... Nikolai Tesla was a genius but he died a recluse and broke guy.. i am sure you dont know him pocohantas but you know thomas edison who didnt build a tthing but has over 1000 patents built by intelligent people.. many inventions of tesla are today still bee attributed to thomas edison... thats street intelligence cool
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Nbote(m): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
Cinderella5:
this broke guy matter again grin

Trust me none of u ladies would ever consider a broke guy no matter how educated...
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2017
boiz2men:

my dear... i particularly think that school is over rated...

please read this book by Robert Kiyosaki

"if you want to be rich and happy don't go to school"

Go to School if you can afford it but its no determinant

The irony of life:

First Class are mostly employess

Second Class are mostly employers and they open vacancies only First Class Holders can apply lol..

Third Class.... these people either become sole proprietors or they join politics and make poilicies that affect the the business built by second class holders and the jobs the FC Holders have

P.S: exceptions abound tho

poco was saying it isnt about who makes money pass... undecided ask any under grad why they are in school .. their response is always almost similar => To get a good job.. why do you need a good job? MONEY is the motivation.. poco.. without money, intelligence is worthless... Nikolai Tesla was a genius but he died a recluse and broke guy.. i am sure you dont know him pocohantas but you know thomas edison who didnt build a tthing but has over 1000 patents built by intelligent people.. many inventions of tesla are today still bee attributed to thomas edison... thats street intelligence cool
@embolden, I wouldn't read that book for anything in the world, the only exception is if the caption is different from the content. grin lol, having a certificate opens doors for one when opportunities shows itself, Politicians need certificates to hold offices, whether first-class graduates are employees doesn't matter, what matters is they're gainfully employed and are well pained. I'm also not stating that all first-class graduates are employed 'cause is relative. But personally, I would choose academic intelligence over street smartness. Both are incomparable.
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Martin0(m): 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
RedBeauty:

A bit of both ...
eh eh ok ooo just dey change location na wa ooo,u na tourist?I nor know why I dey constantly go check ya profile and na new things I dey notice anytime I visit am
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by boiz2men(m): 11:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
Benita27:
@embolden, I wouldn't read that book for anything in the world, the only exception is if the caption is different from the content. grin lol, having a certificate opens doors for one when opportunities shows itself, Politicians need certificates to hold offices, whether first-class graduates are employees doesn't matter, what matters is they're gainfully employed and are well pained. I'm also not stating that all first-class graduates are employed 'cause is relative. But personally, I would choose academic intelligence over street smartness. Both are incomparable.

alright ma... you know what you want... go for it

btw, i am starting to look into the word "ACADEMIC INTELLIGENCE"... it connotes passing of tests/exams easily with little or no effort... reading and understanding seamlessly and being able to articulate words to get good good grades... academic intelligence therefore is defined by test scores... so to know if someone is intelligent.. give him a quiz.. the more scores he get, the more intelligent he is academically... is this what you all mean by academic intelligence? grin grin grin

lwkm... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Fkforyou(m): 11:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
What makes one to have street intelligence? Is it by how razz he behaves...? undecided

Abeg make we hear word with all this stereotypes abeg.

Someone can actually grow up in the street and still not be smart.

Being smart and intelligent has nothing to do with streets but on individual personality. undecided

You can put someone who has academic intelligence in the street and he would outsmart all those guys claiming street whatever. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by tosyne2much(m): 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
Fkforyou:
What makes one to have street intelligence? Is it by how razz he behaves...? undecided

Being smart and intelligent has nothing to do with streets but on individual personality. undecided

You can put someone who has academic intelligence in the street and he would outsmart all those guys claiming street whatever. undecided
May God bless you... There's diversity is intelligence and the fact that someone is not paper tiger does not means he can't be Intelligent in other areas of life

1 Like

Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 18, 2017
Im a hybrid of academic intelligence...not just LA cram LA pour, but brilliant and can think fast and sharp. But then I'm an introvert, but I'm never shy when making a business presentation or getting a lady( never asked her out directly, just work on her mind).
About the street, I'm not thug, can't ginger and find small talk irritating. But I know how to get what I want. I find it easier to relate with older persons that matter. For example...you want to work in a multinational company..the average street smart guy will want to "hustle" his way, my strategy? Very simple but effective..I always create and sell value...so u know that if you miss out on me, u are missing big time, I cannot go to a conference in my field without making a good presentation not focused on winning, but showing that I can think and can come up with solutions, from there getting contacts becomes easy. I dont have to socialize much, but I can never be ignored...because when I talk or do something...it must be of value. U get? Came out with 2:1 in engineering, awaiting NYSC... And I swear I don't recall studying for 3 hrs straight... But I'll rada read business books, books on legal structures, volunteer on sites for free to gain practical knowledge, branch into other parts of engineering to be well rounded, the only challenge so far is learning programming... Just don't have the discipline...or desire yet.
Sex game: street smart guy will use weed, tramadol and all that...academic guy..well dunno
Me? Spent the first 6 years of life in Lagos, I've got an affinity for yourba herbs, anyman that wants to impress a woman should try living healthy ( I dnt smoke, nor drink) white onions, blended with honey, ginger, wonderful kola and garlic can do wonders if half a glass is taken daily. Do this for 4 months ensure you have no std. Il likely take bananas before the action, or cucumber and groundnut, also trybtaking tiger nuts regularly ( sold by abokis) . all these are healthy and make u live long....and also improve your sex game..unlike weed and TM dat will make u hate old age.
Verdict: its not about just intelligence, brilliance and integrity is always a wonderful combo.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Originalsly: 1:46am On Jun 18, 2017
I guess by intelligent op means guys with academic qualifications. When guys or females take focus on academic achievements... their social life usually take a beating and naturally so would the marriages. The society in which they live can also make them even less successful than the street guy.....less successful in getting a gf...less successful in earning money to maintain the gf... to start a family... to maintain the family. Street sense in this century is becoming a necessity. ....not saying formal education is not important. ..it is more important but being book smart only is not a good thing in this age.
As for me.... I'm more street than book.
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Tinkybabe(f): 6:03am On Jun 18, 2017
Benita27:
Academic intelligence rules the world, and not street intelligence. Mark zuckerberg/Bill gate,etc are rare cases of one in a million or billion which is unlikely to happen.

@bolded, these men are academically intelligent to the core! Read about them.
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by lovethchioma(f): 6:11am On Jun 18, 2017
Being at the top of your class does not guarantee that you will be at top of life.
We've got a lot of guys who are intelligent academically but when it comes to real life success.. gosh, you'll pity them.

If I were to choose, I'll go for the two. I love guys who are academically intelligent and who are also street wise.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by vladhillz(m): 11:24am On Jun 18, 2017
Cinderella5:
I prefer a guy with academic intelligence. These are the first class materials, the type with hot brains, the type that never used expo in school, the type that gets scholarships, o la la kiss when you marry such a guy, no matter how dull you are as a girl, your kids have chances of being super intelligent. My only problem is that are usually not romantic, but they are very responsible, usually faithful to their bae. They may not have swag and may be termed mumu in some aspects of life, I still chose them.

A guy with street intelligence is a hustler, knows how to make way for himself by sometimes hardwork, other times dubious means cos they believe they are smart. Most of them don't know book grin but their mouth is sharp like razor blade. They have flows, rhymes which they use to confuse girls, they are playas, ashawo boys, and all sorts undecided they have swag, form fine boy but are hardly responsible.

Which do you prefer ladies.
Guys where do you belong.
yu ever considered a mixture of both...blessing in disguise
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by TrumporIdie: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2017
Street sense pays better in today's world
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by TrumporIdie: 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2017
boiz2men:
lol... street intelligence makes you more money..... academic intelligence makes you an employee that would be earning peanuts that isnt commensurate with your qualifications..

I am both jare... i haf street sense and i know book... i didnt participate in mmm but i made money from mmm... unto street levels..
You have said it all.
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by TrumporIdie: 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2017
This thread should make front page lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by TrumporIdie: 12:52pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nbote:
Educational intelligence doesn't pay d bills in dis country... Which gal would chose a broke guy?
I don't agree that educational intelligence does not pay bills, but people with street intelligence have more drive to make money.
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
Fkforyou:

guy you have spoken my mind
What is street intelligence any way : I believe it means ability to adapt to any situation in order to make the best use of the situation

One need to learn and apply knowledge to adapt
So any body who wishes to learn in every situation and apply knowledge can be very street smart e.g
olamide and phyno realized a gap in the music industry then that there are lot of guys who didn't come from very rich background and dont necessary relate to Nigerian music then and exploited it- yes they are street smart

Although it is true that most academically acclaimed intelligent person often look down on knowledge from places outside the classroom
Hence, many book brilliant guys end up useless outside the classroom and been tagged not street smart

1 Like

Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lol. .since I have the both character. .i choose academic intelligence

1 Like

Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
Cinderella5:
I prefer a guy with academic intelligence. These are the first class materials, the type with hot brains, the type that never used expo in school, the type that gets scholarships, o la la kiss when you marry such a guy, no matter how dull you are as a girl, your kids have chances of being super intelligent. My only problem is that are usually not romantic, but they are very responsible, usually faithful to their bae. They may not have swag and may be termed mumu in some aspects of life, I still chose them.

A guy with street intelligence is a hustler, knows how to make way for himself by sometimes hardwork, other times dubious means cos they believe they are smart. Most of them don't know book grin but their mouth is sharp like razor blade. They have flows, rhymes which they use to confuse girls, they are playas, ashawo boys, and all sorts undecided they have swag, form fine boy but are hardly responsible.

Which do you prefer ladies.
Guys where do you belong.

There are some situations in life that the answers can't be found in the Books of Scholars, only those who know the street codes, besides why must one person have only 1, I have both, I read and study like shit and you'd find me in the street politiking also
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by naijajobx: 2:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
aka ko...street ti take over...aka o jawo mo
Re: Ladies, A Guy With Street Intelligence Vs Academic Intelligence? by oshe11: 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
Funny enuf I am mix of both street n academic intelligence......

I av ACADESTREET INTELLIGENCE grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Came To Propose To Her And This Happen (pics) What Would You Do ? / Issues With My 5yrs Old Gf Over Bestie.... Your Candid Advice / Former Prostitute Reveals How She Had Sex Romp With Police Officers - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.