Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. (55141 Views)

Married Women, Do You Still Give Guys Your Contact? Why? / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos / Counter Thread:5 Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Jahmblinqz(m): 8:29am On Jun 19, 2017
Medunah:
I don't agree with the maiden name thing, at all!

So when a girl gets married, her old male friends can't refer to her by her maiden name again?? Doesn't make sense!

I would find it very awkward if my male friends start referring to me as sis, madam or whatever just because I got married....

Is it only ladies that cause the problems that destroy the marriage? Cos ur list doesn't refer to the guys too, Not only ladies do all those stuffs, men do them too.​
Did you read d title at all??
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by iAmGee770: 8:32am On Jun 19, 2017
You deserve a create of Goldberg for write up. I clap for you join

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Charles4075(m): 8:33am On Jun 19, 2017
Toks2008:

You really need to read that point again.
He's finding it hard to understand where you're coming from bro. It's like hearing a single lady calling your dad by his name instead of addressing him as sir or papa toks. Or a bachelor calling your mum by her maiden name instead of referring to her as ma or mama toks.

It's a sign of disrespect but some peeps can't see the other picture. Maybe it's because you didn't simplify it for them bro.

All the same nice points. And please also release that of the men to enable the feminists in this forum feel relaxed.

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 8:33am On Jun 19, 2017
KemjikaEme:

That you created a thread that made the front thread doesn't mean your opinion is right and shared by all and sundry.
Give people the space to submit their views and reviews without choking them with unnecessary mentions and replies(mostly myopic),it defects the purpose of the thread at the end of the day.
It's great that you acknowledge that it's largely 'misorgynist' and tilted to project women to be responsible for a dysfunctional union,not everyone subscribe to same opinion.
Past friends and colleagues referring to a woman with a maiden name is what's obtainable in reality because that's what they are familar with,it doesn't infer with the woman's marital status.
A father's name has never stopped a woman from achieving relative success in her marriage.

Will you just please hush it?

So in your warped mind you really think you are making sense when indeed you are only showcasing chronic act of troll

I'm a sapiosexual and your likes I pray never to come across in my lifetime.

You just barged in with insults and you call that opinion...if that is your definition of contrary opinion then I really give up on you.

In the real sane intellectual world,you table your points in a non abusive and sentimental manner and only then can it be called an opinion.

You don't come to my thread to start writing Gilberish thinking you are showcasing your grammertical prowess.

Discuss intelligently or sit and read comments from sound minds.

I will not do you the honor of responding to you again.

4 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 8:34am On Jun 19, 2017
iAmGee770:
You deserve a create of Goldberg for write up. I clap for you join

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 8:39am On Jun 19, 2017
Jahmblinqz:

Did you read d title at all??

You don't know these ladies that read upside down and will waste no time abusing the writer rather than concentrate on the subject matter...these are the same set of ladies who will call me sexist,misogynist, and orisirisi names as if I'm responsible for their low IQ.

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 8:45am On Jun 19, 2017
itzzhoneybee:

I agree with every other point
ladies u don't have to take it personally its a write up on females its just an advice so u either take it or leave it nobody is imposing anything on anybody and its not by force to read it either.

Are you sure you are a lady? cos for the first time I'm seing an objective comment on this thread.

And talking about maiden names with regards to male friends....let me enlighten you a bit.

There is a potential insult waiting for a married lady who allows HER MALE FRIENDS call her by her maiden name.

When you are addressed as MRS, or madam as the case may be, there is an unseen line of respect that will rarely be crossed but when a male friend starts calling you by name it is only a matter of time before they start treating you as a single lady...I can imagine you going with your husband and one male friend who of course knows you are married shouts out your maiden name please how will your husband feel?

Honestly I fittin't shout on this matter again.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by wethebest(m): 8:48am On Jun 19, 2017
Medunah:

A political position is different from marital status!!!!!!!!!
madam, ur marital status is higher dan any political position if only u know hw to respect urself.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Omotayor123(f): 8:50am On Jun 19, 2017
Nnachuka:
to tango
Tnx!
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by KemjikaEme: 8:55am On Jun 19, 2017
Toks2008:

Will you just please hush it?

So in your warped mind you really think you are making sense when indeed you are only showcasing chronic act of troll

I'm a sapiosexual and your likes I pray never to come across in my lifetime.

You just barged in with insults and you call that opinion...if that is your definition of contrary opinion then I really give up on you.

In the real sane intellectual world,you table your points in a non abusive and sentimental manner and only then can it be called an opinion.

You don't come to my thread to start writing Gilberish thinking you are showcasing your grammertical prowess.

Discuss intelligently or sit and read comments from sound minds.

I will not do you the honor of responding to you again.
Lmao! At the end of the rants,you made no sense!
Sapiosexual my ass!
'Sapiosexuals' don't take a belligerent stance because others don't subscribe to their Parochial comments.
A sapiosexual is one who can take a criticism and divergent views in full stride without degenerating to an uncouth approach and insist on super imposing his views on other people.
Your view,your writeup and your perception would never take the place of common sense in a marital union!
Don't give me the platform to dissect your ignorant mindset again.

7 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by signeddocuments: 8:59am On Jun 19, 2017
OP is quite right on all the points raised here. In addition to what the OP has written,here are some awkward things women do to destroy their marriage.
1. Bringing in three or more siblings into their home,without the consent of the husband, to stay even though their income can not sustain those relatives thereby putting more burden on the husband.
2. Sending money to their married brothers or bringing in children of their brothers or sisters for the husband to train, and then allowing their brothers or sisters to be irresponsible.Sometimes they claim that things are hard for these brothers or sisters so they want to help with the education of the children even though they are not working.The husbands may not object but you are destroying your marriage by putting more burden on your husbands.
3. Giving out food stuffs which the husband bought for feeding to outsiders or friends without his consent in this times of recession and Then accusing the husbands of being too stingy if he complains.
4. I have more of these irrational things they do,something men may not complain especially if you are the religious or pastor husbands-you do not want to be seen fight or quarrelling with your wives and then they are taking advantage of that fact.
I tell U women are necessary evil from my experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by thotianna: 9:01am On Jun 19, 2017
I don't know why women keep responding to TOKS2008 threads as if he is normal. The guy is suffering from bitterness and hatred of women because of what his ex wife did to him before their marriage ended. These threads are just his avenue to get revenge on her and other women who have hurt his feelings. He knows what he is doing.
He isn't trying to advice women, he is releasing venom and hatred in his heart towards women.

Just pity him and pray for him if you can and move on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by KemjikaEme: 9:01am On Jun 19, 2017
People in this 21st century believe that when former male acquintances use a woman's maiden name it can automatically endanger the woman's marriage.
Such a backward,regressive and moronic point of view!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by eyinjuege: 9:06am On Jun 19, 2017
TheUmbra:

What kind of informal gathering? We're talking about a proper, dignified way of addressing a married individual and you're hitting on informal gathering.

In an informal gathering of like gender of course a married individual can be addressed by his/her first name or nickname. But across gender it is wrong and very suggestive.

Now you watch movies, I believe. What makes you think when a man has some romantic intentions towards a woman but the woman is so polite as to address the man as Mr/Sir, the man always would insist on "please call me John", for example?

He's simply setting the first blocks that errects an improper or romantic relationship. For married individuals it is vital within his/her office environment or any other gathering he/she is addressed properly in a way that his/her marital status is duely acknowledged by the opposite sex.

It doesn't matter how permissive our world has become and how many people swap good values for inferior fad in the spirit of feeling "modern", there're still people who look at uncomfortable truth in the eye and call it by its true name.

To be honest with you, no one gives a rat's behind about your /other's marital status.
You tend to see men with no morals everywhere, who can't see a lady and not think of having an affair with her.
Are you one of such?
Who cares if you're married in the workplace? Just get your bl**dy work done effectively and don't draw the team back because of your incompetence or family life.
If you're address as Mr or Mrs Somebody in public, will that stop you from being toasted and even agreeing to an affair in private despite being married?
Better don't deceive yourself.
We have seen married employees, even employer-employees having affairs and still maintaining a proper formal relationship in public, no contact with each other sef at work. Yet, after work they roll together.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by thotianna: 9:06am On Jun 19, 2017
KemjikaEme:
People in this 21st century believe that when former male acquintances use a woman's maiden name it can automatically endanger the woman's marriage.

My dear stop taking him serious he is just a wounded soul seeking revenge against women.
He's a clown. Laugh at his ridiculous threads and move on other serious things.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by TheUmbra: 9:11am On Jun 19, 2017
eyinjuege:

To be honest with you, no one gives a rat's behind about your /other's marital status.
You tend to see men with no morals everywhere, who can't see a lady and not think of having an affair with her.
Are you one of such?
Who cares if you're married in the workplace? Just get your bl**dy work done effectively and don't draw the team back because of your incompetence or family life.
If you're address as Mr or Mrs Somebody in public, will that stop you from being toasted and even agreeing to an affair in private despite being married?
Better don't deceive yourself.
We have seen married employees, even employer-employees having affairs and still maintaining a proper formal relationship in public, no contact with each other sef at work. Yet, after work they roll together.
Addressing a married individual properly may not offer complete proof for marriage but it's a good start and a gesture that honours the marriage institution.

I think your moral elasticity has finally gave to the continuous barrage of a world fastly on decay. How convenient for you to put material gains over sound moral principles.

It speaks well of your priorities - material acquisition first even at the expense of the sanctity of matrimony.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by rossyc(f): 9:17am On Jun 19, 2017
emorse:

This is not to deride you or anything but the bolded makes no sense at all from where I stand. Ambode's friend will call him by his first name (probably Akin). Or even by a very funny nickname. All that formality about first names waters down friendship.

Just before you ask, I was with a group of friends (all married) from way back secondary school and we all called one another by the funniest nicknames we could remember. It was mad fun all through.
Exactly..Please tell him.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Otamayomi1(f): 9:22am On Jun 19, 2017
Toks2008:
13.Taking the job of a full housewife.

As you can clearly deduce,being a full housewife is a big job because those who babysit get paid so I quite understand how demanding this can be but nevertheless,don't settle for that,no matter how demanding the task of keeping the home front can be, still do something to be financially independent. Your husband may tell you he does not want you to work promising to provide all your needs but we both know he really can't do that without asking funny questions from you when you demand for money so it is important to have something doing so that the financial pressure will be less on your husband and you can also be self reliant.Being financially independent can also come in handy if your hubby faces any financial crises so take this advise seriously because financial pressure is a great destroyer of marriage.

I don't know if these makes sense.

13. Taking the job of a fool house wife

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by rossyc(f): 9:23am On Jun 19, 2017
Toks2008:
We all know that men sometimes can be very overbearing and sometimes responsible for some actions their wives take but nevertheless,women must understand that marriage is a great,decent and sacred institution that must be treated with utmost respect and guided with all sense of decency.

To be frank,there are some silly things some married ladies do that do not show any form of respect to them,their men and their marriage.
These are things that need to be avoided by the lady irrespective of whatever excuse they may have.

I have had many friends who have been married and some are divorced and after discussing with them,i have come to realize that some of these women were infact the architect of their failed marriages and i will try to elucidate on some of the awkward things ladies do that break up their marriages.

1. Poor communication:

In every relationship we find ourselves,communication is vital. No one is a mind reader and no matter what it may be that could be a reason for your unhappiness,speak out immediately in a stern manner and not laikadaisically.
Many women are found of calling their hubby's relatives to complain about certain issues meanwhile the hubby at home does not have an idea of how hurting they are concerning that issue.

2. Sharing their marital issue with a male admirer/friend.

Not every guy you know is responsible. We have some low lives that has no regard for any form of decency and it is no news that many guys are in this category.
When you discuss your marital issues with an admirer or a male friend,most times what these guys hear is "im vulnurable,i need you as a succor". This is why most times,when a married woman take solace in a male friend,the end result is usually an illicit affair.

3. Being careless with male friends

I have always maintained that there is nothing like just friends between a married woman and another man.
If he is not your childhood friend,co-worker,co-student,business partner then you have no business with him.
Many married ladies have a careless habit of keeping male friends indiscriminately and worst still get so careless allowing these guys call them by their maiden names.

I will never call a married lady by her maiden name because just as the name suggests,its her unmarried name but will rather put Mrs,sis,madam.

When a married lady is called by her maiden name,it diminishes as well as tarnishes her respect,image and matrimony giving room for a potential unethical relationship between her and the "just male friends".

4. Seeking vengeance.

Many married lady tend to take some actions in order to prove to their hubby that a sauce for the goose is also ok for the gander but unfortunately this will destroy your marriage more.

When you take a revenge on your hubby by sleeping with another man because he cheats on you,of what use will that be to you?

What value will that add to your life?
Learn to maintain your dignity no matter what because at the end,the shame will all come back to you and as I always reiterate. ..nobody can make you do what you are not capable of doing.

5. Talking down on your hubby.

This is one foolish mistake many ladies do. You and your hubby are one and talking down on him means talking down on yourself. It is one thing to voice out what he did and another to use outright abusive words on him.

In situations where a couple seperates,some ladies will not mind talking down on their hubby with a friend,their family and even with male suitors and i keep wondering if the woman thinks this will earn her any form of respect.

If you call your hubby a sick man then what does that make you? Or you call your hubby an asshole then it takes an asshole to tango with such a man.

No matter how angry you may be,don't ever rule out reconcilation and even if you are never going to reconcile,respect your matrimony with him even if he deserves no respect from you.

6.Moving out of their matrimonial home hastily over an avoidable reason.

What excuse do you have for running out of your marriage?
He cheated on you,he does not give you attention,he took you for granted,he curses you and many more are the excuses married ladies hold on to and i keep asking this one question;
Will leaving solve the problem? Even a divorce is not a way out because its a 50/50 chance that the next man won't be worse so i advice that you confront that problem and try your best to solve it.

7. Believing there is always a better man out there.

This is one foolish thing married ladies believe. That they will get a better replacement.There are more than enough never married ladies out there for the unmarried guys so you will do yourself a great honor by sticking to your husband.

There is really no better man out there and except you are faced with an unrepentant violent man,please remain in your marriage because you will soon realize that its the same cycle we all go through in any union we find ourselves and there will always be one reason to leave any man you are married to.

Many women divorcees realize this too late as they end up as a toy in the hands of randy men,as second wife,or end up single for a long time as many men will believe they are doing them a big favour by wanting to be with them.

If you must throw in the towel on your marriage,make sure you have exhausted all means of reconciliation because i keep saying that it is better to be single at 40 than to be a divorcee at 20 and a 40 year old single lady is more maritally appealing than a 20year old divorcee,funny but true so think very well before you run out of your marriage.

8.Sharing their marital issues with single female friends..

Like seriously! it may surprise you to know that most of your friends who are still single are not happy that you are married so take your marital problem to them at your own risk.

9.Not looking sexy enough.

If our sultry actress Omotola jalade is looking this sexy after three children then tell me why you can't look sexy too.

Laziness is one big problem with most married ladies.Men get carried away by what they see so do yourself a favour, get that big tummy down and get into crazy bum shorts and flaunt that thing.

We know you cant maintain that sexy look we saw the very first time we met you but at least try your best to look sexy for the next 30years for us after marriage.

10. Never sorry.

Many women are so proud,egocentric and sturbborn to the extent that when they do or say things that are conspicously wrong,they will never or hardly apologize but rather would want to buttress the rationale behind their actions and most men see this as an appalling nature. Be quick to apologize even when you are right..men are naturally egocentric hence the need to bring down your ego to avoid the case of two men married to each other.

11.Geting insecure and monitoring her husband

I have always advised married women to let their men be. Believe whatever he says even when it is clear that he is lieng.The moment you start getting overly jealous,suspicious is the moment you begin to lose your self worth. Don't bother whether he is faithful or not but sternly tell him to play safe if he must be unfaithful and warn him to do it far from you cos what the eyes do not see do not hurt. Yes this sounds crazy but trust me,it works like magic because the husband will likely be on his toes and respect you the more. Remember that a man will always be a man and you can never monitor him.

12.Not good enough in the kitchen and the other room: .

If you are a married lady reading this please don't ever joke with these two places because any woman who knows how to use these two places will most likely have her husband where she wants him cos the way to a man's heart is forever through his stomach and down there.

As you can clearly deduce,being a full housewife is a big job because those who babysit get paid so I quite understand how demanding this can be but nevertheless,don't settle for that,no matter how demanding the task of keeping the home front can be, still do something to be financially independent. Your husband may tell you he does not want you to work promising to provide all your needs but we both know he really can't do that without asking funny questions from you when you demand for money so it is important to have something doing so that the financial pressure will be less on your husband and you can also be self reliant.Being financially independent can also come in handy if your hubby faces any financial crises so take this advise seriously because financial pressure is a great destroyer of marriage.

I disagree with you on the maiden name ish...Whether her friends calls her by her maiden name or not holds no water besides that's the name she has been known with, it has nothing to do with a marriage been destroyed..
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 9:24am On Jun 19, 2017
TheUmbra:

Addressing a married individual properly may not offer complete proof for marriage but it's a good start and a gesture that honours the marriage institution.

I think your moral elasticity has finally gave to the continuous barrage of a world fastly on decay. How convenient for you to put material gains over sound moral principles.

It speaks well of your priorities - material acquisition first even at the expense of the sanctity of matrimony.

I still wonder why this is difficult for them to decipher.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by rossyc(f): 9:25am On Jun 19, 2017
KemjikaEme:
I thought I was the one only that saw that..So barbaric..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 9:28am On Jun 19, 2017
rossyc:

I disagree with you on the maiden name ish...Whether her friends(male friends) calls her by her maiden name or not holds no water besides that's the name she has been known with, it has nothing to do with a marriage been destroyed..

Its progressive dearie..the insult starts from there but hardly noticeable until it gets too late.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 19, 2017
You claim to be a writer, but you don't know how to write without showing bias. You don't advise people using words like silly and foolish _where is that done? That said, some of your points are right on point.

1 Like

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by TheUmbra: 9:39am On Jun 19, 2017
Toks2008:

I still wonder why this is difficult for them to decipher.

These are the telemundo generation. No sense of history. Their values are shaped from the images they see on their tv screen.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 19, 2017
I heard the OP is a divorced man? Thanks for your advice but no one is perfect, we learn every day and you can't know all. What you wrote is one sided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 19, 2017
Toks2008:
We all know that men sometimes can be very overbearing and sometimes responsible for some actions their wives take but nevertheless,women must understand that marriage is a great,decent and sacred institution that must be treated with utmost respect and guided with all sense of decency.

To be frank,there are some silly things some married ladies do that do not show any form of respect to them,their men and their marriage.
These are things that need to be avoided by the lady irrespective of whatever excuse they may have.

I have had many friends who have been married and some are divorced and after discussing with them,i have come to realize that some of these women were infact the architect of their failed marriages and i will try to elucidate on some of the awkward things ladies do that break up their marriages.

1. Poor communication:

In every relationship we find ourselves,communication is vital. No one is a mind reader and no matter what it may be that could be a reason for your unhappiness,speak out immediately in a stern manner and not laikadaisically.
Many women are found of calling their hubby's relatives to complain about certain issues meanwhile the hubby at home does not have an idea of how hurting they are concerning that issue.

2. Sharing their marital issue with a male admirer/friend.

Not every guy you know is responsible. We have some low lives that has no regard for any form of decency and it is no news that many guys are in this category.
When you discuss your marital issues with an admirer or a male friend,most times what these guys hear is "im vulnurable,i need you as a succor". This is why most times,when a married woman take solace in a male friend,the end result is usually an illicit affair.

3. Being careless with male friends

I have always maintained that there is nothing like just friends between a married woman and another man.
If he is not your childhood friend,co-worker,co-student,business partner then you have no business with him.
Many married ladies have a careless habit of keeping male friends indiscriminately and worst still get so careless allowing these guys call them by their maiden names.

I will never call a married lady by her maiden name because just as the name suggests,its her unmarried name but will rather put Mrs,sis,madam.

When a married lady is called by her maiden name,it diminishes as well as tarnishes her respect,image and matrimony giving room for a potential unethical relationship between her and the "just male friends".

4. Seeking vengeance.

Many married lady tend to take some actions in order to prove to their hubby that a sauce for the goose is also ok for the gander but unfortunately this will destroy your marriage more.

When you take a revenge on your hubby by sleeping with another man because he cheats on you,of what use will that be to you?

What value will that add to your life?
Learn to maintain your dignity no matter what because at the end,the shame will all come back to you and as I always reiterate. ..nobody can make you do what you are not capable of doing.

5. Talking down on your hubby.

This is one foolish mistake many ladies do. You and your hubby are one and talking down on him means talking down on yourself. It is one thing to voice out what he did and another to use outright abusive words on him.

In situations where a couple seperates,some ladies will not mind talking down on their hubby with a friend,their family and even with male suitors and i keep wondering if the woman thinks this will earn her any form of respect.

If you call your hubby a sick man then what does that make you? Or you call your hubby an asshole then it takes an asshole to tango with such a man.

No matter how angry you may be,don't ever rule out reconcilation and even if you are never going to reconcile,respect your matrimony with him even if he deserves no respect from you.

6.Moving out of their matrimonial home hastily over an avoidable reason.

What excuse do you have for running out of your marriage?
He cheated on you,he does not give you attention,he took you for granted,he curses you and many more are the excuses married ladies hold on to and i keep asking this one question;
Will leaving solve the problem? Even a divorce is not a way out because its a 50/50 chance that the next man won't be worse so i advice that you confront that problem and try your best to solve it.

7. Believing there is always a better man out there.

This is one foolish thing married ladies believe. That they will get a better replacement.There are more than enough never married ladies out there for the unmarried guys so you will do yourself a great honor by sticking to your husband.

There is really no better man out there and except you are faced with an unrepentant violent man,please remain in your marriage because you will soon realize that its the same cycle we all go through in any union we find ourselves and there will always be one reason to leave any man you are married to.

Many women divorcees realize this too late as they end up as a toy in the hands of randy men,as second wife,or end up single for a long time as many men will believe they are doing them a big favour by wanting to be with them.

If you must throw in the towel on your marriage,make sure you have exhausted all means of reconciliation because i keep saying that it is better to be single at 40 than to be a divorcee at 20 and a 40 year old single lady is more maritally appealing than a 20year old divorcee,funny but true so think very well before you run out of your marriage.

8.Sharing their marital issues with single female friends..

Like seriously! it may surprise you to know that most of your friends who are still single are not happy that you are married so take your marital problem to them at your own risk.

9.Not looking sexy enough.

If our sultry actress Omotola jalade is looking this sexy after three children then tell me why you can't look sexy too.

Laziness is one big problem with most married ladies.Men get carried away by what they see so do yourself a favour, get that big tummy down and get into crazy bum shorts and flaunt that thing.

We know you cant maintain that sexy look we saw the very first time we met you but at least try your best to look sexy for the next 30years for us after marriage.

10. Never sorry.

Many women are so proud,egocentric and sturbborn to the extent that when they do or say things that are conspicously wrong,they will never or hardly apologize but rather would want to buttress the rationale behind their actions and most men see this as an appalling nature. Be quick to apologize even when you are right..men are naturally egocentric hence the need to bring down your ego to avoid the case of two men married to each other.

11.Geting insecure and monitoring her husband

I have always advised married women to let their men be. Believe whatever he says even when it is clear that he is lieng.The moment you start getting overly jealous,suspicious is the moment you begin to lose your self worth. Don't bother whether he is faithful or not but sternly tell him to play safe if he must be unfaithful and warn him to do it far from you cos what the eyes do not see do not hurt. Yes this sounds crazy but trust me,it works like magic because the husband will likely be on his toes and respect you the more. Remember that a man will always be a man and you can never monitor him.

12.Not good enough in the kitchen and the other room: .

If you are a married lady reading this please don't ever joke with these two places because any woman who knows how to use these two places will most likely have her husband where she wants him cos the way to a man's heart is forever through his stomach and down there.

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Luvdk(f): 9:59am On Jun 19, 2017
We don suffer cry
See list oh

3 Likes

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 19, 2017
Toks2008:

Aunty we now know you can write Wole Soyinka type of English but biko please next time try to calm down,read and comprehend before making comments cos all you wrote corroborate my point.

First that point was actually referring to male friends of the lady WHO ARE AWARE that she is married calling her the maiden name PUBLICLY.

I don't know why many people are too hasty to lambast and counter a write up without first comprehending.

I guess I should really start ignoring some comments henceforth.

lols....I guessed u just realised that right? you've made the right decision now...nice right up though...kudos.
Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 10:13am On Jun 19, 2017
thotianna:
I don't know why women keep responding to TOKS2008 threads as if he is normal. The guy is suffering from bitterness and hatred of women because of what his ex wife did to him before their marriage ended. These threads are just his avenue to get revenge on her and other women who have hurt his feelings. He knows what he is doing.
He isn't trying to advice women, he is releasing venom and hatred in his heart towards women.

Just pity him and pray for him if you can and move on.

Ok now i guess its time i beg Seun to declaree 3 days fasting and prayers for some nairaland ladies because this has gotten to a level we can no longer ignore..

Like seriously! why are our ladies this super d*umb? you realy dont have an idea of my persona cos if you do i guess you will be ashamed for posting this pooh.

For the records,i have great passion for writing regardless and 95% of wht i post on nairaland are lifted from the archives of my facebook posts and that was done when i was still enjoying the best of my marital union.

I honestly pity some guys that will marry some Nigeria ladies because many of them are brain D*ead.

If you like take advantage of my articles and be a better lady or ignore,its your choice.

Attached are just 2 images of some of my write ups way way back in 2013 when i was still enjoying my affair to the fullest just to show you how Stwpid you are for making such comment.

This particular thread was written way back in 2014.

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 19, 2017
First of all Toks2008, i am greatly dissapointed in your thread. You fall my hand o, and i held you in high esteem, this particular thread unlike all others is chauvinist. It oppresses women and tells them not to stand up for themselves.

One thing i noted about the 13 points you made was that they apply both ways, men do it too, let me tell you the unconscious message you are sending to all women:

it is okay for your husband to behave irresponsibly and fail to meet his expectations as a man.

it is okay for the husband to shout 'you cant talk to me, i am the man of the house, i wear the trousers alone', especially when he knows his wife is right.

It is okay for a man to ride you, you are the woman. He is supposed to behave anyhow, but you must take it. It is your marriage.

It is okay for a man to neglect you, subject you to a life of suffering, abuse you physically and verbally and cheat on you, just dont pay him tit for tat cos you will lose both ways, although it is true, the real truth is that tit for tat gives a fatality blow to the man's ego that he may never recover from.

the irrefutable truth is that there are better men/women out there, the husband/wife needs to realise this, and stay in their compound instead of looking outside not just wife alone. Now whosoever does this is a person of discipline and character. Love is a choice we make every second of our existence.

it is okay to do an eight to eight job and still work like a dog with the house chores. It is also okay to look sexy like a slay queen but the husband is free to dress like a beggar, an no future ambition upcoming artiste or a churchmouse, continue o.

My own take is this, this points may have made sense for women 100 years ago, but not now when more women are taking charge of their lives, homes and destinies. So these 13 points may work in your daughter's marriage but please do not generalise it to every woman.

Men too should step up and surpass their fathers' boundaries, if not beyonce's song 'who run the world' would be a reality, not just behind the scenes.

So please, it may be better to just talk to couples in general instead of talking down on women.

P. S: To all women out there, all men deserve to treat you with respect, and you should treat them with respect too. If you have an issue air it out, dont let it fester, dont die in silence, and if them born am well let him try cheating on you. Take it in good stride and either insert a male chastity device (cos you cant trust a man behaving like a small child)and lock it knowing that any attempt by a welder will destroy his erection for life if you are nice, or amputate his peni$ if you are not nice and forgive him, give him your blessing to chase anything in skirt. If man knows he cannot joke with you or misbehave anyhow, he wont.

My prayer for you all is that you marry God's perfect will for you so we wont hear stories that touch years later. Amen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 19, 2017
My dear even proverbs 31 woman cannot meet up to Toks2008 's standards
Luvdk:
We don suffer cry
See list oh

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister / Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.