Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] (35643 Views)

Poll: Who Goes To The Final

Nigeria: 76% (153 votes)
Ghana: 23% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by dangerzone: 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2010
tolutara:

are you serious?, Some one parading as a prophet of God is only predicting?, especially when he states God told him? Abegi

Forget it, is he the first pastor in nigeria to be using God's name in vain? the man just dey try in luck and it doesn't work for him today it will probably work another day when nigeria have to play BURUNDI
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by princekevo(m): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2010
MrCrackles:

Nigerians answer me
When was the last time ya'all watched the super eagles play a game of footy without developing hypertension, convulsion and palpitations grin

I cant remember my brother, since luck became a Nigerian tactise and techniques in football. Luck qualified us for world cup, luck has brought us this far. So We should quit crying, we just ran out of luck today, probably be back in our next match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by naso2(m): 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2010
shesi:

i completely agree with your assesement of mikel. and this coming from a chelsea fan. to be honest, that guy is very very lucky to be playing professional football. players like him are a dime a dozen in most african countries. certainly in ghana. he got lucky in that u20 world cup and he's been riding that luck ever since.

Be objective here man. He has played under 5 different coaches in chelsea and is still in the team because of luck? You even said he got lucky at the U-20.
I am just honouring you with a response mind you.

Ibime:

Nah bruv. . . Echiejile caused the Ghana goal. . . he was the one marking Gyan. . . Nnwaneri was marking the front post, and Gyan came at him from his blind side. . . he had no time to react. . . at best, I can criticise him for not putting his arms out to stop anyone running across him from his blindside. . . but Echiejile was Gyan's principal marker. . .

Until i see the clips again. Thot it was Nwanneri that was on Gyan while Yusuf was marking the keepers blind right side?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Sauron1: 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2010
Ibime:

Ma critique of Mikel is about the pace of his game. . . he dictates the style of Naijas play, which is why we often fall into this lackadaiscal trap of playing football like God will come down and score a goal for us eventually. . . .Mikels slowness is not a function of his speed, but the speed of his passing. . . Kanu is slow as well, but he ensures the transition between midfield and attack is fast with quick incisive passes. . . on the other hand, it is too easy for opponents to read Nigerias game when Mikel is our playmaker. . .  Mikel can only be employed in a deeper position alongside Kaita. . . nothing else.

Don't patronise us. . . .
Mikel Obi is a pile of [i]w[/i]ank
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by chika98: 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2010
Not like I expected us to win anyways. Nigeria is full of shite!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by osasp(m): 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2010
dangerzone:

so whose the next super mosquito coach?? guys these are ghanians girls make we use dem pa struggle

omg. . .c yansh
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2010
princekevo:

I cant remember my brother, since luck became a Nigerian tactise and techniques in football. Luck qualified us for world cup, luck has brought us this far. So We should quit crying, we just ran out of luck today, probably be back in our next match.
LOL!!!!!
Mad stuff. . . . .I said it from the jump, luck will run out one day. . .
Dat today na Today grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2010
chika98:

Not like I expected us to win anyways. Nigeria is full of shite!
Oi come here. . . Arnt you Nigerian grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by sultan003(m): 8:06pm On Jan 28, 2010
Just watched osaze's interview and he admitted that they played an individual game and there was no tactics, and they know that ghana was going to play with only one striker and yet they (nigeria) still went on to play withe one striker when they should have gone for two,

Actually before the match i thought that maybe that amodu was going to change his formation but behold he still retained the old formation. And that this match will be decided by the bench.

Amodu clearly committed a tactical blunder, because
1. I didn't see the need of playing with two defensive midfielders when it was very clear that ghana will just defend and score only tru counter attacks.
2. he should have changed the formation immediately after halftime but he wasted precious time in doing that.

My question is why is he always stubborn as if he doesn't play with 2DM he will die??
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tkb417(m): 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2010
1815: Nigeria captain Peter Odemwingie: "I think we have used all the luck we had so far in this tournament. Ghana deserved the victory they played very well. We played as individuals not as a team and I think we need more tactical flexibility than to play 4-3-3 all the time. We need to play more attacking football. We played with one striker and it did not help us and we did not get a lot of chances. We could have played much better."

1818: So not exactly a ringing endorsement from the Nigerian captain for coach Shaibu Amodu's tactics, eh? Think he will survive until the World Cup? Doubt it.

exactly! Amodus brain is not working
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Liedetect: 8:10pm On Jan 28, 2010

BBC sports news:

After scoring, Ghana put men behind the ball, spending the entire second half with their backs to the wall.

lol, sneaky by nature, sneaky by play grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ichommy(m): 8:11pm On Jan 28, 2010
very sad  cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2010
Be objective here man. He has played under 5 different coaches in chelsea and is still in the team because of luck? You even said he got lucky at the U-20.
I am just honouring you with a response mind you.

that's because chelsea only need him to hassle opposition players.  not to play in any creative capacity.he is not chelsea quality at all. have you ever seen him shoot the ball towards goal? for god's sake he is one of the tallest chelsea players and i have never seen him win a corner. defense or offense.

that whole razzle dazzle that landed him at Chelsea via ManU was from his performance at that U20 world cup. where he was playing kids 5 years younger than him. That was his lucky break and he is still riding that wave. The promise of perhaps something more to come from him. When infact nothing is going to come. He just shone because he was a grown man playing amongs kids.

and btw, i don't need you to honor me. Our U21 boys have done that plenty today.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tkb417(m): 8:15pm On Jan 28, 2010
but to be fair to Amodu, today the strikers were simply out of sorts

lets hope we'll improve at the mundial

lets cheer up guys
its not all gloom
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 28, 2010
i think some of you judge Mikel with your premiership Badbelle for chelsea.

when jay jay started playing for Nigeria can any of u remember the amount of free kicks and faulty passes he was making?? and what does he do then he smiles and laughs. maybe a lot of u were young then.

Mikel plays intelligent football, he made intelligent passes today, is he obafemi that cannot fly and head a goal or Fat Yak that needs to trap a ball b4 he scores??

if u watch the games objectively Mikel have played good football, it is not easy to transform from a defensive Midfielder to an attacking midfielder overnight, all the time Oruma was playing for Nigeria as an attacking Midfielder we still complain

the problem is the coach, he does not have a gameplan, leave the players alone

it is the same players that capello is using that mclauren could not produce results with. the coach needs to add additions to the team and probably his Gamble with Ikechukwu Uche did not work out. if u noticed AModu's problems started when Uche became injured then we saw the open hole in the middle.l
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by FBS: 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2010
tkb417:

lets cheer up guys
its not all gloom
you still dey Qatar?  grin
Yes to be fair them strikers just left their scoring boots at home (or wherever it is) but then Ghana offered next to nothing.
1 chance 1 goal. . .heck there are U-21 for goodness sake.
No we have no excuse.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by opsydudu(m): 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2010
the footballing situation will always be the same, whether Amodu leaves or not. The problem is not the with the coach or team but with that body called NFF and PTF. They are all terrible and nothing can be done to remove those old fools from there.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by chic2pimp(m): 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2010
tkb417:

lets cheer up guys
its not all gloom
Thank you jare. One of the few sensible posts i've read today.

Amodu,Amodu,Amodu,Amodu,Amodu is all i've being hearing. Will y'all just cut the dude some slack.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by FBS: 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2010
kaecy5:

i think some of you judge Mikel with your premiership Badbelle for chelsea.

when jay jay started playing for Nigeria can any of u remember the amount of free kicks and faulty passes he was making?? and what does he do then he smiles and laughs. maybe a lot of u were young then.

Mikel plays intelligent football, he made intelligent passes today, is he obafemi that cannot fly and head a goal or Fat Yak that needs to trap a ball b4 he scores??

if u watch the games objectively Mikel have played good football, it is not easy to transform from a defensive Midfielder to an attacking midfielder overnight, all the time Oruma was playing for Nigeria as an attacking Midfielder we still complain

the problem is the coach, he does not have a gameplan, leave the players alone

it is the same players that capello is using that mclauren could not produce results with.
the coach needs to add additions to the team and probably his Gamble with Ikechukwu Uche did not work out. if u noticed AModu's problems started when Uche became injured then we saw the open hole in the middle.l
God bless you real good.  You really know footie.  cool
He made at least 4-5 vital intelligent passes good enough to kill off any game.
Needless to add, yes he certainly has room for improvement.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by JNdupu: 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2010
Hope.  I hate this word.  Same as Pray.  These words have been appropriated by Nigerians as a free pass for mediocrity.

What is the basis of that hope? The stinking pile of poo that played today.  The lost-in-an-adult-playground coach you employ?

Keep hoping and praying there while countries around you are developing. Positive football was the norm in this tournament apart from when our country played.  Paint drying, slow waka, wrong decisions.

Lobby for a change, not siddon hoping.

Hope ko, hopolopo ni.

Chei,  I vex oh.

tkb417:

lets cheer up guys
its not all gloom
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2010
tkb417:

lets hope
we'll improve at the mundial

lets cheer up guys
its not all gloom
Una nor dey tire to dey hope?
Dont hope on an hopeless team my friend. . .
Wake up, the eagles are wastemen!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by naso2(m): 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2010
shesi:

that's because chelsea only need him to hassle opposition players. he is not chelsea quality at all.  not to play in any creative capacity. have you ever seen him shoot the ball towards goal? for god's sake he is one of the tallest chelsea players and i have never seen him win a corner. defense or offense.

that whole razzle dazzle that landed him at Chelsea via ManU was from his performance at that U20 world cup. where he was playing kids 5 years younger than him. That was his lucky break and he is still riding that wave. The promise of perhaps something more to come from him. When infact nothing is going to come. He just shone because he was a grown man playing amongs kids.

and btw, i don't need you to honor me. Our U21 boys have done that plenty today.

Please i do not want to be percieved as Mikel's mouthpiece. I am only trying to be objective at least within the context of how i understand the game. So if a player can come and help razzle and dazzle opponents cleanly   and thereby help his team win, and five coaches see that as useful , so what is you complaint. That is what the gatusso's of this world do .

Get you facts straight it was not his performance at the U-20 that got Chelsea and Man u fighting over him. The fight started before he came for the competition. The fight only heightened the focus on him as everyone wanted to see the young man two big English clubs were fighting for. He did not disappoint , coming second best only behind Messi.

If every football fan/coach likes the same kind of players then some players will never have clubs to play for. The beauty of the game is that some players you dont see as good enough are special in the eyes of some others. You are free to hate on any player but please do not twist facts to support your claims.

If mikel has never won a corner kick in chelsea, nor has he taken a shot at goal, then i will simply submit that you are free to see only what you precondition your mind to see.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tkb417(m): 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2010
JNdupu:

Hope.  I hate this word.  Same as Pray.  These words have been appropriated by Nigerians as a free pass for mediocrity.

What is the basis of that hope? The stinking pile of poo that played today.  The lost-in-an-adult-playground coach you employ?

Keep hoping and praying there while countries around you are developing. Positive football was the norm in this tournament apart from when our country played.  Paint drying, slow waka, wrong decisions.

Lobby for a change, not siddon hoping.

Hope ko, hopolopo ni.

Chei,  I vex oh.

ok, lobby for a change then if that makes you sleep well tonite
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by JNdupu: 8:31pm On Jan 28, 2010
I don start before you bring your hoping madness here.

AMODU OUT!!

tkb417:

ok, lobby for a change then if that makes you sleep well tonite

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ebor(m): 8:33pm On Jan 28, 2010
is this forum not meant 4naija? what are Ghanaians doing on it- using d privilege to deride us coz we lost a match 2dem. moderator take note pls.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tausi(f): 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2010
guys enuff of the venting!! lets all take a deep breath and watch real football! algeria - egypt
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tkb417(m): 8:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
FBS:

you still dey Qatar?  grin
Yes to be fair them strikers just left their scoring boots at home (or wherever it is) but then Ghana offered next to nothing.
1 chance 1 goal. . .heck there are U-21 for goodness sake.
No we have no excuse.
no i no dey Qatar o bros
i agree with you, we have no bizniz losing the game. One of their best performances in the competition but we lost

but why does Amodu like to play 4-3-3?
we need to be ready for the WC or else na wahala
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2010
@na_s0

thank you very much, like i said most of this folks analysing Mikel are doing so with their premiership bad belle thats why. they are not objective to the boy as a player.

where are all the arsenal fans that have been making so much noise about Song. i watched him play in this championship he was not as good as Mikel. do u want to bet

Mikel Naturally is a slow fella, u dont change ur natural charisma overnight, if he was born naturally to be aggressive then we can slaughter him.

check every team in the world. a good 10 needs a good 8, who is playing 8 for us who show me one player ?/

even Jay jay had a good 8. that was doing the dirty Jobs.

the coach today would have brought in Kanu at some point to hold ball or cause a penalty then we equalize he did not see that he is so fu+king arrogant

geees.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tkb417(m): 8:42pm On Jan 28, 2010
JNdupu:

I don start[b] before you bring your hoping madness here.[/b]
AMODU OUT!!

am i missing something?
do i know you from somewhere?

hoping madness? na wa o for this internet thingy o
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by naso2(m): 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2010
FBS:

God bless you real good.  You really know footie.  cool
He made at least 4-5 vital intelligent passes good enough to kill off any game.
Needless to add, yes he certainly has room for improvement.

God bless you. Infact for me it is the Spontaneity of those passes that i admire. Whenever he seems to be romancing the ball, he has one eye watching the movement of the atackers so that he can release the killer pass.

See how he created something out of almost nothing for Obafemi against zambia in the dying minutes of ET. People have simply conditioned their minds never to see anything good in the young man.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Kob: 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2010
Holalalalalalal!!!!!!!!

NO MATTER HOW HIGH THE EAGLE FLIES THEY CAN NEVER REACH THE STARS

I told you so!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tkb417(m): 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2010
MrCrackles:

Una nor dey tire to dey hope?
Dont hope on an hopeless team my friend. . .
Wake up, the eagles are wastemen!!!!
hope in itself literally is all we can do

im not in the capacity to induce any changes to the team or the technical desk
if u cannot hope for a change, then pick up ur soccer boots and effect the desired change

hey you, dont u play div 10 in the UK?
time for u to replicate ur stunts at the national level cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Enyimba FC Train At Their Renovated Stadium After Two Years (photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Robbie Keane's Scoring Record / "We Will Die Against Iceland" - Wilfred Ndidi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.