Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] - Sports (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] (35623 Views)

Poll: Who Goes To The Final

Nigeria: 76% (153 votes)
Ghana: 23% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by drnonye(m): 11:04pm On Jan 28, 2010
Amodu should be sacked. I see nothing wrong in getting a foreign coach. This our country self. Our things r always different.

Big countries with powerful leagues have foreign coaches. England has an Italian coach. Portugal had a Brazilian coach, Russia has a Dutch coach……etc. the guy is not technically sound for a team like the super eagles.

We need to tell our self the truth. I don’t care if we get a black, blue, white or yellow coach.

He knew Ghana was going to play with only one striker and yet he still went on to play with one striker when he should have gone for two. . y put players that aren’t fit.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by kshow1(m): 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2010
up chickenssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by b0y(m): 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2010
I officially relieve myself of any undue emotional distress i usually commit myself to in the name of Nigerian Football, SuperEagles,NFF,et cetera, With all pleasure i humbly say GO THA Bleep TO HELL for all i care **shuts off lights and goes to bed ** angry  angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Obinoscopy(m): 11:27pm On Jan 28, 2010
Before going to sleep comment on the Nigeria, Algeria match. . . . lol
Just looking for ur trouble, go to sleep. Me, myself & I will soon join you
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by sultan003(m): 11:32pm On Jan 28, 2010
WE should have won this game but,

Amodu needs helps and something must be done to this team before june,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by vislabraye(m): 11:37pm On Jan 28, 2010
Ok, Shuaibu has convinced us that he can't handle the team.But no matter how bad he is, he's better than Berti Vogts.

This Ghana match was an improvement on our previous matches, but we just could not deal with the bunch of U-20 players sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Str8talk: 11:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
So the 2 geria[/b]s lost their matches

Ni[b]GERIA
  0   Ghana 1
Al[b]GERIA[/b]  0   Egypt   4

Bad day to have that suffix. They could not even score a goal!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by semid4lyfe(m): 11:58pm On Jan 28, 2010
I don't think anyone on this forum criticizes Mikel as much as I do. . . .but to be fair to the guy, he was brilliant today and played his best game of the tournament. . . . However my previous criticisms of Mikel still stands. . . .he needs to play more as a ball carrier and not a ball passer, he needs to be more mobile with the ball, move forward,release passes on time & stop dilly-dallying or doing 'merry go round' etc etc etc. . my criticisms of Mikel too plenty in fact so etc etc . . .lol.We need to get a ball carrier in the mould of Didier Zokora to play our 10 (Lukman Haruna IMO) and not just a ball passer like Mikel - who is an old dog set in his ways and can't be taught new tricks. Overall, It's my opinion the team played it's best game of the tournament today. We lost this game due to a player error - Nwaneri (but why couldn't we score?). . . .I'm surprised he even started this game. . . . Anyway sha, na Amodu know why im choose am for the 23-man team and even chose am to start today. . . . .There was a time during the match when the camera focused on Kanu & Apam on the bench and kanu was lamenting. . .aah Nwaneri. . .Nwaneri  (You don't believe me? Watch the replay & read Kanu's lips) . . . .Even amongst the players, there is a general feeling that Nwaneri is not good (a certain member of the team once said to me 'Nwaneri yen? Ko da jo. . .a ti e mo bo se ma make team')

Having said this, Amodu used the wrong formation & tactics to prosecute today's match. Anyone who has watched Ghana's matches in this competition knows they play with 1 striker, look to steal a goal (in the 1st half) and then pack the bus in front of their goal in the 2nd half. . .before today, they'd used this tactic successfully against Burkina Faso and Angola. . . .so I was surprised Amodu started off with 4-5-1/4-4-3 formation (that makes use of a lone striker) rather than a 4-4-2 against a team that was obviously coming to defend. When they scored, I said to my brother. 'If we can't equalize in the 1st half, we cant score again becos 'oma di ile pa ni 2nd half'. . .and this turned out to be true as they played defensive throughout. Our strikers didn't help matters too by wasting the many good goal scoring chances that came their way.

Anyway, a surgical operation needs to be done on this team. . . . .certain players need to be dropped e.g Nwaneri, Kanu, Yusuf Mohammed (always takes him at least 3 touches to control a ball and he's too injury prone) and certain players need to be recalled (e.g Adeleye, Adefemi, Ajilore, Eneramo etc). . . .  Amodu must also be more flexible in his approach to matches. . . .you don't go thru' a tournament playing opposing teams that play different patterns with the same formation and tactics, Haba! He must also be willing to try players in positions other than the traditional roles we know them for playing in the S.E's eg Why can't Nsofor for example play as a 10 & Osaze or Ogbuke as a point man like Sia1 used them in the Olympics etc,etc.

Amodu must also keep his mind open and give the home-based players and the better players from the U-17 (Azeez, Chukwudi, Emmanuel, Ajagun) U-21(Obot Etuk, Obiorah Nwankwo, Kingsley Udoh, Rabiu Ibrahim and Beijing 2008 team a chance to fight for a place in the final 23-man list. . . . . These players must not be used as mere training materials. . . .THEY MUST NOT. . .some of them MUST actually make the final team to South Africa. I see no reason why at least 3-5 players from the domestic league can't make the final team to the World cup. . . . Amodu cannot in his right senses tell me players like Ike ThankGod, Chibuzor Okonkwo, Osanga King, Ibrahim Babale, Obiorah Nwankwo, Valentine Nwabili, Jonah Abutu, Solomon Okpako, John Nnam etc are not good. HE CANNOT. . . .Amodu's take on the domestic league and the players is not only pathetic but laughable. .  Heartland got to the CAF champions league final and eliminated a Kano Pillars that knocked out Ahl-Ahly of Egypt (that is the bedrock of the Egypt's Angola 2010 team) in the semi-finals. It's funny Amodu saw no player worth donning the green-white-green amongst these two teams. . . Very Funny. . . .A local homebased coach who cut his teeth in the domestic league but does not believe in home-based players?. . . oh. . . .LAUGH WAN KILL ME DIE!

Finally, I have been a vocal supporter of Amodu but at the same time, I have often tempered this support with criticism and often expressed my displeasure with his player selection, tactics, formation, substitutions and what have you. I hope he has a change of mentality and does what needs to be done before the World cup. . . . .(YES HE STILL DESERVES TO TAKE US TO THE WORLD CUP albeit with Siasia in tow) otherwise hmmm. . ,  . make I just stop for here for now.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Gentlebabs(m): 12:11am On Jan 29, 2010
In that match, we were technically weak. Period!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by skyone(m): 12:12am On Jan 29, 2010
Heaven and Earth knows i will never, never support Nigeria in the World Cup never, in fact the best bet for Nigeria is to avoid the world cup tournament.

Imagine Nuno Messi v Nwaneri grin
OR[b] Ayila [/b] v Machenaro or

The killer Tevez v Yobo. Honestly no hope for Nigeria in the world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by mamagee3(f): 12:45am On Jan 29, 2010
debosky:

Please don't drive after watching this game, you might run over anyone who remotely resembles Amodu or Yakubu.  grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by THEAMAKA(f): 12:48am On Jan 29, 2010
[size=30pt]I'M ABOUT TO CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/size] cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by bkbaybe99: 12:54am On Jan 29, 2010
^^^^HO, WUT U KNOW ABOUT SOCCER??!!? CRY INDEED, BINCH!!!!^^^ angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Smi1(m): 1:01am On Jan 29, 2010
Nwaneri caused us our first Goal and the also our forward players didn't hold unto their goal chances. I think we nigeria as a whole needs to be purify
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by bkbaybe99: 1:02am On Jan 29, 2010
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]QUOTE

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]how can you guys be calling us poo when we just beat you? nevermind the tactics, the end justifies the means. We BEAT u.

and with kids too!!!

abeg don't compare your shiite team with our young bloods o. Not only is this team B. there are also inexperience green U21s. I mean, to think a central defence patnership of Vorsah and Mensah (1 nobody and I kid) could shut out Yakubu and Martins. Two of africa's finest strikers we are told.

If you think this is the team we're sending to the world cup you're dreaming. The only survivors from this team in our WC 11 would be the keeeper and Gyan.

Years of age cheating has finally caught up with Nigeria. How many of these your players will be around in 4 years? when you have talented young kids at home begging for a chance. where is that your chrisantus boy?
[/font][/font]

Lol. Age cheats right? I bet Freddy Adu is Nigerian too? silly
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by skyone(m): 1:12am On Jan 29, 2010
ARGENTINA 7 - NIGERIA 0
GREECE 3 - NIGERIA 0
S.KOREA 2 - NIGERIA 1

I know i shouldn't be predicting such doom but with our current team it's highly possible. This very team needs to be disbanded they have nothing to offer Nigeria period.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by whiteroses(f): 1:31am On Jan 29, 2010
Nigeria did not kick start 2010 very good, first abdumutallab, then yaradua, then we lost to the arch enemy-ghana which btw i hope they loose on sunday lol, then obama hates us, i think naija is warming up and recharging her battery
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by oge4real(f): 1:58am On Jan 29, 2010
Abeg o, where has TB Joshua been since the inception of this tournament. is he no longer interested in soccer or is he a prophet only for the junior team?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by monocash: 2:16am On Jan 29, 2010
naija shamed me,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by 190: 3:46am On Jan 29, 2010
i am just too short of words for this
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 5:39am On Jan 29, 2010
Like someone said,football is not boxing where you win by ball possesion and points,but then again even if football is boxing,I thunk KO counts more than points and boy,'em Ghana lads KOed the eagles.PRONTO
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 5:41am On Jan 29, 2010
THE AMAKA:

[size=30pt]I'M ABOUT TO CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/size] cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Awwww,see what the NFF and their incompetence has caused,anyway hon,just cry,let it out;cry baby,cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 5:44am On Jan 29, 2010
I hate to abandon matches but I was glad to abandon this one
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by rasputinn(m): 5:54am On Jan 29, 2010
UP AMODUUUUUUUUUUU cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by supereagle(m): 6:00am On Jan 29, 2010
The team played very well, but were unlucky to score. Do not condemn Amodu or SE. this time.
Amodu: “We were unlucky”
Nigeria coach Shuaibu Amodu has said that luck eluded his team in their semi-final lone goal loss to archrivals Ghana on Thursday at the November 11 Stadium in Luanda.

The Super Eagles exhibited what Amodu termed their best performance at the Orange Africa Cup of Nations, but failed to break through the iron-clad defence of the Black Stars, who cruised into their first final since 1992.

“We didn’t lose to a better side, but to a youthful and enterprising team. We were better and we paid for not making the most of our chances.”

Amodu was yet to come to terms with the ‘missing link’ behind their inability to brush past the Ghanaians, whose strength he believes comes no where near some of their opponents en route to this stage.

“We have scaled over much tougher opponents to reach this far. In football, goal is power. When you play well and you don’t score, you are bound to lose.”

The Black Stars like in their last three matches shot into the lead in the first half through striker Asamoah Gyan, and the 51-year old trainer said the opener marked the beginning of their woes.

“The goal changed the chemistry of our game. My players recovered but the equalizer never came.”

Odemwingie substitution
The veteran also defended his choice of taking out Captain Peter Osaze Odemwingie against keeping Obafemi Martins in the game.
“Martins was always pushing with chances and technically, I felt he had the urge over Osaze in scoring. We just failed to get our attack in order. May be its destiny?”

Future with Super Eagles
Amodu has grown into an unpopular figure in Nigeria despite guiding the Super Eagles to the Africa Cup of Nations and the World Cup, yet he remains optimistic of remaining at the helm.

“My contract expires in August 2010. The Africa Cup of Nations has served a good test to sharpen our rough edges. We will check on our deficiencies and look for possible reinforcements.”

Meanwhile, the Super Eagles will play the loser of the Algeria-Egypt semi-final in the third place playoff on Saturday in Benguela.

http://www.cafonline.com/competition/african-cup-of-nations-angola_2010/news/4556-amodu-we-were-unlucky.html
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by omar22(m): 7:29am On Jan 29, 2010
Amodu needs helps and something must be done to this team before june,

We are doomed, the next coach (if they decide to get shot of Numpty called amodu) would only have 2 or 3 windows to try out a new team which I dont think its enough, I guess i wont be shocked if they bring back Onigbinbe as part of the money embezzling team, and he would start picking players from the English conference league,

I guess we havent learnt from the 2006 failure,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by samstels: 7:37am On Jan 29, 2010
@Semid4lyfe,
You better stop analysing what you dont seem to understand.

I read your write up and frankly speaking you one of those typical nigerians that would not want to tell
him/herself the truth.

we do not have a team.
Amodu is technically crippled.
We need a foreign coach [who has a record] for now.
Then most of the current super eagles have to go[old age and out of form]
Siasia should be drafted to assist the new coach.
Local coaches should be sent on training abroad.

NFF executive should be disolved and a consultant appointed to run the football for the next 2 yrs.

Mikel is good, and remains the only player in that team for now.

Go and re watch the last 2 matches and then make your comments.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ohisng(m): 7:41am On Jan 29, 2010
Message to Amodu- Do u even have any IOTA of decency in u? RESIGN
Message to Chicken Eagles- Do u need any prophet to tell u now that u guys are TOO OLD, TOO LAZY, TOO ARROGANT to be of use to this country? GO HOME!!!! U DISGUST NIGERIANS!!!!!!!!!!
Message to Sani Lulu (Or what is he called)- NFA? We already know how useless u guys are anyways!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by FBS: 7:50am On Jan 29, 2010
samstels:

@Semid4lyfe,
You better stop analysing what you dont seem to understand.

I read your write up and frankly speaking you one of those typical nigerians that would not want to tell
him/herself the truth.

we do not have a team.
Amodu is technically crippled.
We need a foreign coach [who has a record] for now.
Then most of the current super eagles have to go[old age and out of form]
Siasia should be drafted [/b]to assist the new coach.
[b]Local coaches should be sent on training
abroad.
NFF executive should be disolved and a consultant appointed to run the football for the next 2 yrs.

Mikel is good, and remains the only player in that team for now.

Go and re watch the last 2 matches and then make your comments.

Honestly, I think you nailed it. Brilliant summary at least most part of your post.

But to add mine. We've all said it times without number, if na by force to hire a Nigerian as a coach, no wahala. . .May we suggest Siasia (agreed he got his CV dented with the U-21 fiasco)? since the two coaches (Sir Amodu and Siasia) cannot work together one defo must give way.

@Semid4lyfe, I think you are contradicting yourself. How can a coach which you claim
- used wrong tactics in most of our matches
- selected from ALL indications the wrong set of players
- a coach with a negative take on home based players?

change over night? Pray tell us how? Will/can he work with Sia1?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by nich(m): 8:09am On Jan 29, 2010
skyone:

ARGENTINA 7 - NIGERIA 0
GREECE 3 - NIGERIA 0
S.KOREA 2 - NIGERIA 1

I know i shouldn't be predicting such doom but with our current team it's highly possible. This very team needs to be disbanded they have nothing to offer Nigeria period.

shocked shocked grin nna, ma guy you haaaarsh! haba! nna, but why?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by vwvw(m): 8:33am On Jan 29, 2010
What a shame.2 get beaten by ghanian teenagers.Crazy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by nich(m): 8:45am On Jan 29, 2010
Str8talk:

So the 2 geria[/b]s lost their matches

Ni[b]GERIA
0 Ghana 1
Al[b]GERIA[/b] 0 Egypt 4

Bad day to have that suffix. They could not even score a goal!
grin grin grin reminds me of Verbal Aptitude tests.

vwvw:

What a shame.2 get beaten by ghanian teenagers.Crazy
grin well, ish happens! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Breaks Down In Tears At Sweden Comeback Interview (Photos) / Sunday Dare Walks Out On Pinnick, Dikko / John Terry Makes His Aston Villa Debut As He Plays In Pre-Season Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.