Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] - Sports (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] (35641 Views)

Poll: Who Goes To The Final

Nigeria: 76% (153 votes)
Ghana: 23% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by damilola15: 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2010
I wanted them to loose at least honourably to Zambia.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 8:50pm On Jan 28, 2010
tkb417:

hope in itself literally is all we can do

im not in the capacity to induce any changes to the team or the technical desk
if u cannot hope for a change, then pick up your soccer boots and effect the desired change

hey you, dont u play div 10 in the UK?
time for u to replicate your stunts at the national level cheesy
I will rather play for St Kitts and Nevis. . . . grin cheesy grin
Hoping the S Eagles will do it is pure hopelessness. . . Dont kid urself brov!! wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by platinumnk(f): 8:51pm On Jan 28, 2010
LOL are u guy still crying over chicken ?? grin grin grin grin

the replies got me cracking up shocked grin grin

instead of the team we now rely on hope grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tkb417(m): 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2010
MrCrackles:

I will rather play for St Kitts and Nevis. . . . grin cheesy grin
lol; make we free those boiz
im sure they never planned to come out this way

Amodu, the players and the NFF should share the blame
if i draw a pie chart on this, each of them will carry 33.3% of the blame
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Moyola(f): 8:56pm On Jan 28, 2010
I juz knew they'd f u m b l e! tongue
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by salamander(m): 8:57pm On Jan 28, 2010
Well, I believe it is a lesson for Nigeria. They have to work hard to redeem their image come the World Cup. I'm not surprise about the scoreline. If Ghana is to feature their farmers against the Eagles, Ghanaian farmers will win! Trust me!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by platinumnk(f): 8:58pm On Jan 28, 2010
salamander:

Well, I believe it is a lesson for Nigeria. They have to work hard to redeem their image come the World Cup. I'm not surprise about the scoreline. If Ghana is to feature their farmers against the Eagles, Ghanaian farmers will win! Trust me!

lesson? what lesson? the same people will be there next year! grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Justcash(m): 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2010
UP SUPER EAGLES!!!!!

I REMAIN A DIE HARD FAN!!!!!

ONE SENTENCE: IT WAS NOT OUR DAY.

NOTHING WOULD HAVE MADE US TO WIN TODAY.

THE BOYS TRIED.

AMODU NEEDS TO BE REINFORCED WITH A SOUND TECHNICAL ADVISER.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Kob: 9:04pm On Jan 28, 2010
well done David, Goliath fell again!!!!

Your players are 40+ that is the problem. Next time we will field women.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tkb417(m): 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2010
i think the word hope is giving peeps issues

i dont wanna believe we dont understand english

hope = trust, expect, anticipate, wish, look forward to

so how is hope in this context inappropriate?

if you believe in the abilities of peeps, u trust them to do some certain things based on some extraneous variables you cannot control; so hoping the SE will do well at the mundial is more than appropriate in the context i used it
but for those who wanna lobby or pick up boots, more grease to ur elbows
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by koolchicco: 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2010
Hehehe, Super Chickens indeed! grin grin

I could careless anyways!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by chidyke77(m): 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2010
Total overhauling of d team by injecting young blood is d only solution if we want to do well in d WC. Those siasia olympic boys are okay wt addition of martins and ike uche nt forgeting fortune chukwudi dat captain d under 17. Ths old men parading as young boys hv had their due and shuld leave coz they dnt hv anytin to offer again.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by DAVE5(m): 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2010
after the dream naija still flopped.so whn is lying?Poster or his dream(vision),or is the poster just a chicken.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by chidyke77(m): 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2010
.?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by omar22(m): 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2010
how can you guys be calling us poo when we just beat you? nevermind the tactics, the end justifies the means. We BEAT u.

and with kids too!!!

abeg don't compare your shiite team with our young bloods o. Not only is this team B. there are also inexperience green U21s. I mean, to think a central defence patnership of Vorsah and Mensah (1 nobody and I kid) could shut out Yakubu and Martins. Two of africa's finest strikers we are told.

If you think this is the team we're sending to the world cup you're dreaming. The only survivors from this team in our WC 11 would be the keeeper and Gyan.

Years of age cheating has finally caught up with Nigeria. How many of these your players will be around in 4 years? when you have talented young kids at home begging for a chance. where is that your chrisantus boy?

I knew it was gonna be a good day for us when i saw Mikel taking free-kicks. lol, i mean Mikel??

The truth is bitter, this was the same Ghanaian team Ivory Coast took to school, we are not good enough We could lie to ourselves all day long about the players but in reality we are not good enough, the team that got to the final of the youth cup in Holland in 1995 were are they? The Olympic team of 2008? Same story.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by FBS: 9:26pm On Jan 28, 2010
na_so:

God bless you. Infact for me it is the Spontaneity of those passes that i admire. Whenever he seems to be romancing the ball, he has one eye watching the movement of the atackers so that he can release the killer pass.

See how he created something out of almost nothing for Obafemi against zambia in the dying minutes of ET. People have simply conditioned their minds never to see anything good in the young man.
You are spot on but I think the problem is people are stuck in their brains with the images of Mikel of 2005.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by honeric01(m): 9:29pm On Jan 28, 2010
Mikel was at his best (though slow), he supplied the strikers with at least 5-6 clear cut balls, but they misused them, Martins scored out of half chances in the qualifiers, i wonder why he couldn't do anything with them. As for Yakubu and Nwaneri, if i ever see them in the national team again, i will personally wish that coach that chose them bad luck throughout his stay as the coach.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2010
Now that Ghana has beat our 11 men Super Eagles with 10 men as well as beating our Super Eagles with their U-20 team.

Please when will Ghana complete the cycle by beating our Super Eagles with their female team?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by auwal87(m): 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2010
OPC don lost grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nokka: 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2010
It is a sad day when comments from Nigerians cannot be differentiated from those of Ghanaian fans. When Nigeria beat Ghana to qualify for the WC in 2002, and again in the 2004 and 2006 ANC, Ghanaians still reserved their brickbats for Nigeria and their team, not themselves.

All over the Internet for the whole world to see and laugh at, we ALL have a long way to go.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by TrueSeeker(m): 9:55pm On Jan 28, 2010
It is just Ghana day, After all we used to beat them during our days. No wahala we are still going to meet next time on a bigger stage. I hate this Angola of a thing from the start. Well done SE, better luck next time.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2010
Congrats to all our subscribers who rightly predicted in our "Predict n Win" Promo that Super Eagles would come back home before President Yaradua does. kindly collect your prizes at our various designation centres.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by chrisical(m): 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2010
This loss to Ghana sums up our shambolic performance in the nation's cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by felifeli: 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2010
One thing that still baffles me is HOW is it possible for a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER (I mean this guy does nothing else for a living except play football) not to be able to take an accurate shot at a 24 ft wide goal.
O su mi o.
I mean I certainly couldn't have done worse than many of these players.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 10:11pm On Jan 28, 2010
Nokka:

It is a sad day when comments from Nigerians cannot be differentiated from those of Ghanaian fans. When Nigeria beat Ghana to qualify for the WC in 2002, and again in the 2004 and 2006 ANC, Ghanaians still reserved their brickbats for Nigeria and their team, not themselves.

All over the Internet for the whole world to see and laugh at, we ALL have a long way to go.

What do you expect from a people who have been programmed to be cynical about any progress.

if your leaders are not inspirational and cannot lead you(even soccer leaders for that matter)

You should not be surprised at the outcome.

Take an inspirational leader like Fashola whose name is now synanymous with progress and see how proud lagosians have been come regardless of how small the changes are being made in the state.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by achilace(m): 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2010
i guess ghana has showed us that they've passed us in education, electricity, good governance, zero corruption level and soccer. we've lost out on so many grounds but its no shame starting from scratch. Lets just admit it to ourselves and head back to the drawing board with HB pencils and erasers. but please no old men in agbadas, skilled artists and architects only.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2010
On the other hand Egypt just demolished the Algerians 4: 1

And I meand demolished. They deserve their revenge and will be crowned the Kings of African Soccer.

I don't think the Black stars have a chance against the Pharoahs
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by macroworld: 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2010
I thought it was 4:0 in favour of Egypt ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2010
macroworld:

I thought it was 4:0 in favour of Egypt ?

Sorry you are correct
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by uglyBetty1(f): 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2010
Please what is the score of Egypt- Algeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by koolchicco: 10:48pm On Jan 28, 2010
^^4-0 in favor of Egypt!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by hatbreaker: 10:49pm On Jan 28, 2010
Amodu Domenech and all his cohorts have finally led us to their doom land as predicted.giving hopelessness to those who hoped, i hope those National Fat Fools running our football will learn a lesson.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Named Highest Paid Manager In World Football [Top 5] / Enyimba FC Train At Their Renovated Stadium After Two Years (photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Breaks Robbie Keane's Scoring Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.