Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? (30833 Views)

Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Signs That Your Husband Does Not Like You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by toastedbread: 9:50am On Jun 19, 2017
Benita27:
They actually do.
I'm a computer technician. will you raise an eyebrow?
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Do you know what comes to a guy's mind when you ask him on first date what he does? I bet you have no clue

Most guys won't reveal to you on first date. Not even second in most instances
And if this guy is a student do you think he'd hide that on a first or second date?.
HARDDON:

@ emphasied, but ofcos!

We need to quickly know if he can pay our bills dont we? undecided
Does it look to you like my life evolve around a guy's income?. I just can't date a guy I don't know his source of income but that doesn't mean I'd start demanding. Don't even know how to ask for financial favours.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
toastedbread:

I'm a computer technician.
will you raise an eyebrow?
Why are you telling me your profession?.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
Benita27:
And if this guy is a student do you think he'd hide that on a first or second date?. Does it look to you like my life revolve around a guy's income?
It's not about hiding. We just do not find it right. The girl may think she's found a new money well to drill cheesy cheesy cheesy #joking
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
rawpadgin:
maybe i am different

my replies are usually like this " u will get to know soon, but be rest assured that i am not into illegal dealings"

If u tell that line ? Just know am out .
No need chatting anymore . And its a red flag u are into illegal stuff

A guy who is a doctor will simply open up on the first date , he's a doctor . he wil even be proud to even say it ontime
Likewise a lawyer , or an entrepreneur or a banker . they don't beat around the bush .

And its the best .
Am a straightforward person and I expect a guy am interested in to be as well. By the time hesitation springs in..

Am gone,

No time or patience to waste on mind games .

So dear , be straightforward it pays .

11 Likes

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by rawpadgin(m): 12:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
alexialin:

If u tell that line ? Just know am out .
No need chatting anymore . And its a red flag u are into illegal stuff

A guy who is a doctor will simply open up on the first date , he's a doctor . he wil even be proud to even say it ontime
Likewise a lawyer , or an entrepreneur or a banker . they don't beat around the bush .

And its the best .
Am a straightforward person and I expect a guy am interested in to be as well. By the time hesitation springs in..

Am gone,

No time or patience to waste on mind games .

So dear , be straightforward it pays .
lol
that i like keeping my card close to my chest doesn't mean i am not straight forward

& telling a girl i just met that she will get to know where i work in due time is an indication that i am into shady business are u cheating me right now

anyway, that's ur opinion & u are entitled to it

funny thing is, each time i tell people where i work they usually ask "where is that", then i will now start explaining to them
even though the place is responsible for a large percentage of Nigeria wealth

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2017
rawpadgin:
lol
that i like keeping my card close to my chest doesn't mean i am not straight forward

& telling a girl i just met that she will get to know where i work in due time is an indication that i am into shady business are u cheating me right now

anyway, that's ur opinion & u are entitled to it

funny thing is, each time i tell people where i work they usually ask "where is that", then i will now start explaining to them
even though the place is responsible for a large percentage of Nigeria wealth

Sighs there is nothing wrong , whenever they ask where's that?

They simply want to know more .

Or better still no need calling the name of your company ,cos thats when they will ask such question.

U can simply say am a stock broker ,and I work for a stock broking firm on the mainland or on the island , simple.

But if it works for u?
Then please keep it up smiley

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by rawpadgin(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
alexialin:

Sighs there is nothing wrong , whenever they ask where's that?

They simply want to know more .

Or better still no need calling the name of your company ,cos thats when they will ask such question.

U can simply say am a stock broker ,and I work for a stock broking firm on the mainland or on the island , simple.

But if it works for u?
Then please keep it up smiley
viva!

so it's u i have been chatting with all these while grin

how are you doing my dear
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lionessza:
I doubt these wives don't know what's up . Infact I believe they tend to play dumb to save face when their criminal husbands are caught. How do you live with a "business man" who's office you've never visited? What about the company financial records ? As a wife is believe I should be able to view these anytime I want. What about his employees, ever met any ? And where? . What kind of business is he in? Who does he supply? Or where is he supplying?. I mean come on, I could go on the whole day to show you the things the wives would be suspicious of. Some may not be directly involved in the crimes but they know where that money is coming from, they might not know the exact details but no one is dumb enough to not know that they live a phoney business man. Gtgoh.
you are truely wise
Even as a guy there is no way I will live with another guy for a year without having any idea on what he is doing for a living

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Lionessza(f): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
greyboy5000:
you are truely wise
Even as a guy their is no way I will live with another guy for a year without having any idea on what he is doing for a living

Thank you. Exactly ! I don't know why people believe these wives. Even as a lady , if a friend I live with was phoney, I would find out within weeks . How do you live with someone you know nothing about? It's even worse when you call that person a life partner.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by toastedbread: 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
Benita27:
Why are you telling me your profession?.
not my profession. wanted to know if upon asking
"what do you do for a living?",
and he replies
"computer technician".
will such an answer be convenient?
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lionessza:

Yes true
There are smart folks out there that can hide their tracks for so long
But when you live with a person you calk your life partner I doubt a person can be smart enough to hide something as big as what he does for a living

Even someone as smart as Einstein can't do that, dont mind the op

Thank you. Exactly ! I don't know why people believe these wives. Even as a lady , if a friend I live with was phoney, I would find out within weeks . How do you live with someone you know nothing about? It's even worse when you call that person a life partner.
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
rawpadgin:
viva!

so it's u i have been chatting with all these while grin

how are you doing my dear

Wait wait! grin

Sh.it! undecided

But , wait first.. Who is behind this moniker? cheesy
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by HARDDON: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
Benita27:
And if this guy is a student do you think he'd hide that on a first or second date?. Does it look to you like my life evolve around a guy's income?. I just can't date a guy I don't know his source of income but that doesn't mean I'd start demanding. Don't even know how to ask for financial favours .

those are things people talk about when they've gotten confy with each other and there seems to be light for a future bout.

not a first or second date thingy.

@ emboldened,
yea, we know. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by rawpadgin(m): 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
alexialin:

Wait wait! grin
Sh.it! undecided
But , wait first.. Who is behind this moniker? cheesy
lucky
are you not seeing the RM logo?
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
rawpadgin:
lucky

are you not seeing the RM logo?

Oh lucky! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I didn't check jare smiley

How are u doing dear? smiley
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by idrisolaide(m): 4:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by AlphaDibia(m): 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
Zuzu ru gi shi nga fuo. I wu onye apari. Mae una no mind this fool

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It is not in a real woman's place to question her husband's source of income..that is not only an act of insubordination but a total usurping of power.

Your only reason in his house is eat wealth and give birth..that is why we call wives Oriaku (eater of wealth) in Igbo land.

So my sister, eat the wealth and mind your business.

If you dare to question his source of wealth, then you better be prepared to be the breadwinner.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
some men do feel irritated when u ask, they would feel u want to know how much they earn, or to find out if they are rich

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Abfinest007(m): 4:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
when Will this Evans story go away the police force are feeling on top of the world now bcus they have capture Evans they think they have captured all the criminals in the world

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by bumi10(m): 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
Evans wife claims she doesnt

hmmmm

if police catch that woman eh
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by 2shure: 4:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
Evans table water
Comes to mind.
E.T.K

Evans the notorious kidnapper.
Nobody gives a fuc .
See me not giving a fuc

In olamides voice.
Im sleeping on the throne.
Mio ba m.i shey chairman

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by onward4life(m): 4:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 19, 2017
HARDDON:

those are things people talk about when they've gotten confy with each other and there seems to be light for a future bout.

not a first or second date thingy.

@ emboldened,
yea, we know. wink
Try to be objective in what you say to girls even when they're not your sisters. So if I were your sis and I introduced a dude to you as a friend or potential bf I just met, what would be your first question to me?. Let me help you...what does he do?. I needn't know that when there's light for the future. That's the first thing any girl is meant to know about a guy/friend after their names.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
Don't be deceived, most of these wives are privy to such information. The one that fell to selling fruits no try at all, lack common sense.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Lalas247(f): 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
Still waiting for married women to comment ..
dem dey fear cheesy could be living with an Evans

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by ironheart(m): 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lazy guys will now see this as a way to remain lazy
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by madridguy(m): 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2017
As if girls will date/marry a struggling guy. Nice article though
Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2017
toastedbread:

not my profession. wanted to know if upon asking
"what do you do for a living?",
and he replies
"computer technician".
will such an answer be convenient?
It's a profession right?. So why not.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by darlenese(f): 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2017
any woman that is married to a kidnapper, ritualist, yahoo boy or armed robber cannot tell me that they dnt know, that is a FAT LIE. in fact I believe wives should also face the music , u cant be enjoying illegal money and feign ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Benita27:
Lol, well if you tell me that, it could be the last time we speak and if you don't say or perhaps say something legit, I would still have to be sure it's true.
If you can take decisions that quick it seems you are still 19 years with so many years ahead of you before getting married. Enough time to play selecting and deselecting.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Know What Your Husband Does For A Living? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Benita27:
The first thing I ask guys is what they do for a living. Once stories aren't adding up I take a walk. Can't afford to be dating/married to a yahoo nigga.

Nice piece op.

Do you also ask the kind of car he drives & if he got an apartment

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Need A Strong Advice Concerning My Sister Who Maltreated My Wife / Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago / Mrs. Bernadette Chidi has been found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.