Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. (5357 Views)

Saraki Speaks On CRK, IRK Curriculum Controversy / House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject / Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Chudichu(m): 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
CRK was not removed from the curriculum, but rather it is now under a new subject "Religion and National Value" RVN.
Like IS (Islamic studies), CRS (Christian religious stories) are both under RVN like other subjects.
CRS and IS students are to take separate classes.

Via NERDC

Here is a screenshot from the NERDC website. You can go check it out.

I think government should make it a priority to adequately inform citizens, if not rumors would lead the people on the wrong part.

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Chudichu(m): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2017

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
Leave it the way it is, we don't edit or review our religious books.

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by phemmyutd(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
They have successfully deceived the gullible already . Rumor is there religion
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
Don't mind gullible individuals bring religious undertone to this change. it is even disheartening to hear individual query the inclusion of French and Arabic for a country surrounded by French speaking nations and Arabic to the northern sahel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
The op is an impostor ..... Be warned
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by doctokwus: 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
As soon as that man that "always ending it on the back" man that calls himself pastor Suleiman wanted to make an issue out of it,to repair his tarnished reputation,I knew the true picture wud b different.
It's only a fake man of god that wud want to distort facts and lie to garner cheap popularity.

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Realdeals(m): 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
Evil people around led by FFK and Reno.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by isbish(m): 10:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
A times the way Christians that are supposed to be very learned think baffles me. What have Christians turned to? Always crying and wailing. Haba! Ina dey fall my hand abeg. angry
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Chudichu(m): 12:00am On Jun 20, 2017
tendercharles:
Leave it the way it is, we don't edit or review our religious books.

Who edited or reviewed your religious books?

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Chudichu(m): 12:01am On Jun 20, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
The op is an impostor ..... Be warned

You are the impostor.
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Chudichu(m): 6:12am On Jun 20, 2017
isbish:
A times the way Christians that are supposed to be very learned think baffles me. What have Christians turned to? Always crying and wailing. Haba! Ina dey fall my hand abeg. angry

To be honest, I would like to know maybe there is something they saw, that we are not seeing. If not then it is very sad that people would just raise false statements to cause confusion.
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by lastmessenger: 6:25am On Jun 20, 2017
I don't see any reason why they should remove crk as a subject and put it as a theme in another subject. It is not the same and will not achieve the same purpose as when we have a subject crk.
In a deeply religious society like ours,the government should be careful in things like this in other not to cause division among the populace.
I still think the best they should do is to put back crk in the curriculum in other to make peace to reign.
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by olalekan90(m): 6:33am On Jun 20, 2017
Ffk, Reno and Apostle Suleimon are retards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by 989900: 7:01am On Jun 20, 2017
olalekan90:
Ffk, Reno and Apostle Suleimon are retards

Make that irredeemable retards.

2 Likes

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Iamwrath: 7:17am On Jun 20, 2017
Governemt doesn't need to clarify anything

Reno OmoThiefkri is the one causing confusion, he was aided by ex convict FFK

those twisting facts are either PDP or direct beneficiary of GEJ's lootocracy

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by sirmose: 7:23am On Jun 20, 2017
This op is confused and a religious bigot like your president and his Islamic cabinet/cabals. You in intentionally ignored or refused to see that ed fact that arabic language is now a subject. If Nigeria is surrounded by francophone countries, hence the study of French, why the arabic language? What are themes in this islamic language? Do you wonder why buhari is in comatose? God is watching.
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by sirmose: 7:25am On Jun 20, 2017
This op is confused and a religious bigot like your president and his Islamic cabinet/cabals. You intentionally ignored or refused to see the fact that arabic language is now a subject. If Nigeria is surrounded by francophone countries, hence the study of French, why the arabic language? What are the themes in this islamic language? Do you wonder why buhari is in comatose? God is watching.
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by atomicdele(m): 7:32am On Jun 20, 2017
lastmessenger:
I don't see any reason why they should remove crk as a subject and put it as a theme in another subject. It is not the same and will not achieve the same purpose as when we have a subject crk.
In a deeply religious society like ours,the government should be careful in things like this in other not to cause division among the populace.
I still think the best they should do is to put back crk in the curriculum in other to make peace to reign.

oga, if you cannot understand simple explanation, kindly visit the nearest secondary school to learn more about this. Every subject remains. Some have just been grouped together...just like you have Physics, Chemistry and Biology for Sciences.....it's now
**PVS(PreVocationalStudies)..Agric&HomeEcon
**RNV(Religion&NationalValues)-CRS/IRS,Soc.St,Civics&Security Edu
**BST(Basic Sc.&Tech)-Bas.Sc.,Comp.Sc.,PHE,Bas.Tech

Just a regroup and not total removal. #beinformed

4 Likes

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by seunmsg(m): 7:43am On Jun 20, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
Don't mind gullible individuals bring religious undertone to this change. it is even disheartening to hear individual query the inclusion of French and Arabic for a country surrounded by French speaking nations and Arabic to the northern sahel.

We don't have to deflect from the main argument just to make us look smart. The major red flag with the new curriculum is that students are to be compelled to take either French or Arabic studies. That, i find very absurd because French and Arabic have always been part of our curriculum without being forced on anybody.

If government feels like making learning of an additional foreign language compulsory, then the options should not be limited to the two languages if truly, there is no sinister motive behind it. How will an average Northerner feel if a Christian Minister of Education comes up with a curriculum that makes it compulsory for Northern students to choose either French or Hebrew? The riot that will happen in any school in the North that implements such can only be imagined.

Nigeria is a multi religious country, we have to be careful when coming up with national policies that will affect everybody. This new curriculum makes no sense and should be cancelled immediately. What the North cannot accept, it should not force down the throat of the South.

3 Likes

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Chudichu(m): 8:28am On Jun 20, 2017
lastmessenger:

Same as IS.
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Kupaskeybaba(m): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2017
diz how dy remove history so DAT we won't no wat apn in d past
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by ndcide(m): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2017
Make no mistake about it. There can't be national values when God is removed from our hearts.

We are few who speak the truth about these things. This change or modifications, is a strategy of the devil to take God out of the minds of men, knowing that the heart of men is naturally evil and it's the God consciousness that changes it.

The objective is to remove God from the heart of men. Some call it "religion" it's all part of the plot. They merge everything as "religion" and launch a strong campaign against it.. Those who can discern can see through all these.

Here is the danger.
Romans 1:8, 28 (KJV) First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

You'll have people with reprobate minds. All for the revelation of the "Man of Sin"

Gradually the manifestation of these things will give clarity.

Again, there can't be values without God.

Peace.
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by obailala(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2017
lastmessenger:
Firstly, it wasnt only CRK that was removed, IRK was also removed. It would be good if we make an attempt to acknowledge this fact else we aren't better than the other confusionists who deliberately spread false info to incite people along religious lines.

Secondly, grouping CRK (and IRK) under the Religion and National Values does not in any way reduce the content of the subject. The syllabus still remains the same and same topics would still be covered, so what exactly is really the fuss?

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by obailala(m): 9:29am On Jun 20, 2017
ndcide:
Make no mistake about it. There can't be national values when God is removed from our hearts.

We are few who speak the truth about these things. This change or modifications, is a strategy of the devil to take God out of the minds of men, knowing that the heart of men is naturally evil and it's the God consciousness that changes it.

The objective is to remove God from the heart of men. Some call it "religion" it's all part of the plot. They merge everything as "religion" and launch a strong campaign against it.. Those who can discern can see through all these.

Here is the danger.
Romans 1:8, 28 (KJV) First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

You'll have people with reprobate minds. All for the revelation of the "Man of Sin"

Gradually the manifestation of these things will give clarity.

Again, there can't be values without God.

Peace.

The content of the syllabus was not changed, only their titles were modified from CRK/IRK to Religious and National Values. So what exactly is the problem with that? .. how exactly does that undermine God? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by ndcide(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:
The content of the syllabus was not changed, only their titles were modified from CRK/IRK to Religious and National Values. So what exactly is the problem with that? .. how exactly does that undermine God? undecided

There were literatures that got people outraged the other time. How that literature got into the system in the first place can be traced to opinions like yours.

Now reread my initial post and get my point
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by obailala(m): 10:29am On Jun 20, 2017
ndcide:

There were literatures that got people outraged the other time. How that literature got into the system in the first place can be traced to opinions like yours.

Now reread my initial post and get my point
Sorry I was basically addressing the general notion in the air that is forcing an islamisation colouration to this.

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by ndcide(m): 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
obailala:
Sorry I was basically addressing the general notion in the air that is forcing an islamisation colouration to this.

Islamization is a narrow perspective to my earlier posts. I wasn't addressing that. Islam is going to be hit and really hard.

That's not the point I'm making. My point is there's no national or moral values without God.
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by spartan117(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
Chudichu:
CRK was not removed from the curriculum, but rather it is now under a new subject "Religion and National Value" RVN.
Like IS (Islamic studies), CRS (Christian religious stories) are both under RVN like other subjects.
CRS and IS students are to take separate classes.

Via NERDC

Here is a screenshot from the NERDC website. You can go check it out.

I think government should make it a priority to adequately inform citizens, if not rumors would lead the people on the wrong part.

very foolish write up
did anyone say it was removed?
all we said is that you cannot put it as a theme in another subject, and leave Arabic studies and French to be in thesame category bcuz we know that students will be forced to choose Arabic studies because of the unavailability of French teachers.

so please do proper research before posting rubbish angry

1 Like

Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by Chudichu(m): 1:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
spartan117:

very foolish write up
did anyone say it was removed?
all we said is that you cannot put it as a theme in another subject, and leave Arabic studies and French to be in thesame category bcuz we know that students will be forced to choose Arabic studies because of the unavailability of French teachers.

so please do proper research before posting rubbish angry

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/876557665828167680

https://twitter.com/realFFK/status/876756025583513601

Read before you talk.
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by spartan117(m): 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
Chudichu:

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/876557665828167680

https://twitter.com/realFFK/status/876756025583513601

Read before you talk.
didn't you read d post u just quoted?
I'm afraid I would have to refer u back to the post. if u can't comprehend it then tell someone to translate it to you in Arabic
Re: Clarification On The Removal Of CRK In The Educational Curriculum. by biosepeter1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adeyinka Grandson Accuses Igbos Of Being Behind The Death Of Funke Olakunrin / Enugu Guber: Power Rotates Among Three Senatorial Districts – Methodist Prelate / INTERVIEW: Junaid Is Preparing Ground For Another Civil War – Elliot Uko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.