Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,092 members, 7,821,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife (38848 Views)

How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady / Obituary Of 193 Year Old Woman As Family Claims / Mother Asks Man Who Impregnated Her 14-year-old Daughter To Pay N800,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by femi4: 8:03am On Jun 21, 2017
Amarabae:
That is IGBO Culture, it is a sign of respect.
If you cohabit with a lady and both of you will have kids without the man paying her brideprice and marrying her officially in the traditional way.
If the lady dies, before she is buried, the husband will go to her place and pay her dowry and brideprice.
So flavour will have to pay all his babymama's bride price if anything happen to them

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Emmenyk(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2017
iLiquidator:
Bros u r funny. gringringrin

Are you denying your Identity?

Not at all, our heads are actually big not flat

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by iLiquidator: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2017
Emmenyk:

Not at all, our heads are actually big not flat
is your head the size of olumo rock
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eflintsone(m): 9:36am On Jun 21, 2017
Psoul:

Pls can you for at least once talk like someone that has a developed brain. Don't just talk because words are flowing in and out of your mouth. Before you tal reason beyond your scope and kw that others will analyze/diagnose you through what u say or write.

It is a foolish question to ask if God asked anyone to marry the dead. It is also foolishness to expect to see every offense and their punishments written in the Bible or Quran.
Even in your family, do u write out all the offenses and their equivalent punishments to ur family members. Sometimes your child will commit something and u chose to punish him/her by denying him/her a meal. Tell me where approved such punishment. Still the punishment is acceptable as a corrective measure.

Bros, we have culture and most of them are used to checkmate activities of people. So if your cultures allows all thing, our do not.
u see wah i have been saying "good sense is not scarce, find one " so paying her dowry is a means of punishment ryt ?? so the man is the cause of the death of the woman he wants to marry ?? gosh so after all this ur long talks i still find u low in I.Q , u igbos are daft at this attitude , had it been this news came frm kenya ,yoruba land or hausa land u guys will the d first to lay curses but the moment it comes from ur region u find daft means of justifying shits.... real sense no scarce , find one

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Emmenyk(m): 9:56am On Jun 21, 2017
iLiquidator:
is your head the size of olumo rock

Maybe but not cone shaped
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by iLiquidator: 10:45am On Jun 21, 2017
Emmenyk:

Maybe but not cone shaped
gringringrin
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Psoul(m): 10:49am On Jun 21, 2017
eflintsone:
u see wah i have been saying "good sense is not scarce, find one " so paying her dowry is a means of punishment ryt ?? so the man is the cause of the death of the woman he wants to marry ?? gosh so after all this ur long talks i still find u low in I.Q , u igbos are daft at this attitude , had it been this news came frm kenya ,yoruba land or hausa land u guys will the d first to lay curses but the moment it comes from ur region u find daft means of justifying shits.... real sense no scarce , find one

How i wish u really understand what I.Q. is. If u do, you will see that u have a very pathetic level of it. Ur hatred for Igbos is engulfing u and it may destroy u if u do not retreat.
Can u go back and read this ur respond again. Assume to be neutral in this case. After reading it, grade urself and ur level of reasoning.

Ppl's tradition says that before you takes a girl to ur house as a wife there are certain rites u MUST perform and u chose to "steal" the girl. On the process, the girl dies while living in ur house and you expect the family to be happy wt you.
If this ur reasoning is what you termed high I.Q. your brain must have been tampered.
I kw everything goes in ur tradition, ours is not like dat. There is sacredness in many things in our tradition.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eflintsone(m): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2017
Psoul:

How i wish u really understand what I.Q. is. If u do, you will see that u have a very pathetic level of it. Ur hatred for Igbos is engulfing u and it may destroy u if u do not retreat.
Can u go back and read this ur respond again. Assume to be neutral in this case. After reading it, grade urself and ur level of reasoning.

Ppl's tradition says that before you takes a girl to ur house as a wife there are certain rites u MUST perform and u chose to "steal" the girl. On the process, the girl dies while living in ur house and you expect the family to be happy wt you.
If this ur reasoning is what you termed high I.Q. your brain must have been tampered.
I kw everything goes in ur tradition, ours is not like dat. There is sacredness in many things in our tradition.
the family will not be happy for sure so as the man who lost his woman to be but i think the man should be made to foot the bills of the funeral , how does it sounds when u hear the living married the dead ?? does it sound holy to u ?? use ur head na .. the igbo in u wont let u think straight sadly ..shitty ,evil, wicked culture
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by steppins: 12:03pm On Jun 21, 2017
eflintsone:
the family will not be happy for sure so as the man who lost his woman to be but i think the man should be made to foot the bills of the funeral , how does it sounds when u hear the living married the dead ?? does it sound holy to u ?? use ur head na .. the igbo in u wont let u think straight sadly ..shitty ,evil, wicked culture
It traps yoruba men from cohabiting with our ladies, that's why you're angry.
After they watched Nollywood movies that shows stuff like that, they gave Igbo ladies a wide berth.
Some of them who believed nothing will happen, ended up paying through their ass.
Marry a woman properly and avoid bullshît.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Psoul(m): 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2017
eflintsone:

I can see that you are enjoying the free tutorial I am giving to you. Well u may not go beyond this ur present level if you habour such hatred to Igbos, the best tribe so far, the tribe after God's heart. The unstoppable tribe. The tribe that God has given the authority to dominate the whole world.

Well, back to our topic. Marrying the dead is what we call punishment. It is a deterrent. It discourages other from following the same path.

A man burying his dead wife is not a punishment. So asking the man to just go and bury the girl is not punishing him cos every man has the obligation of burying his wife. Asking the man to bury the "wife" just like dat is lack of respect to the life that was lost. His punishment is to marry her dead body. We are Igbos, we have tradition. As u rightly said, the Igbo in me will not allow me to think straight. Igbos do not think straight. We consider so many thing before arriving to our decision point unlike you people that think straight.

In our tradition, a child born out of wedlock has no serious inheritance in that house. That is why we discourage the above kind of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Blackfire(m): 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
1234IKECHhukwu:
but don't remove the fact that sex is very sweet or why do u think people cohabit without waiting to formalize their union in a proper way.

I am one dude that love sex... No adore sex with all it's artistry... But as I got mature in life I discovered life is more important than sex.. And before u put all your life to it there responsibilities...

For example living with a lady without paying her bride price.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Blackfire(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
Psoul:

I can see that you are enjoying the free tutorial I am giving to you. Well u may not go beyond this ur present level if you habour such hatred to Igbos, the best tribe so far, the tribe after God's heart. The unstoppable tribe. The tribe that God has given the authority to dominate the whole world.

Well, back to our topic. Marrying the dead is what we call punishment. It is a deterrent. It discourages other from following the same path.

A man burying his dead wife is not a punishment. So asking the man to just go and bury the girl is not punishing him cos every man has the obligation of burying his wife. Asking the man to bury the "wife" just like dat is lack of respect to the life that was lost. His punishment is to marry her dead body. We are Igbos, we have tradition. As u rightly said, the Igbo in me will not allow me to think straight. Igbos do not think straight. We consider so many thing before arriving to our decision point unlike you people that think straight.

In our tradition, a child born out of wedlock has no serious inheritance in that house. That is why we discourage the above kind of marriage.

One of the reason I discarded my Yoruba side, and cling to my igbo side...
Each time I traveled home every August, I learned so much. .. Democratic synergy, beautiful culture,the way they value there women folks...

Igbo nma nma nu

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eflintsone(m): 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
Psoul:

just look at u , such minors in nigeria ?? well wah do i know

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Emanodimo(m): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2017
efavour:
who sent the boyfriend message. My friend, "just don't live with someone's daughter with their permission simple"

Wise words
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Ofemmanu1: 10:33am On Jun 22, 2017
Decryptor:

YES! Proudly IGBO JEWS!!

That is the reason why our women with children are legally married to the man who impregnates them and this kind of penance serves as a deterrent to those who only want to cohabit. Unlike your smelly "green-slimy soup" eating women from your wastelands that will give birth to 1 bomboy for one agbero in oshodi, another one for a cultist in mushin, another for a skull miner in Ogun and then will chose to settle with being f*cked under the pedestrian bridges of lagos by touts after selling Agbo and kpomo. cheesy cheesy
You can tell that to your flat.head mates.
Everybody in Naija knows faltinos are No 1 in baby factory.
Igbos are ungrateful basterrrds.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Ofemmanu1: 10:35am On Jun 22, 2017
Franchise21:
You're very silly
Your fada is very silly.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Ofemmanu1: 10:37am On Jun 22, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
You are so slow with your thought process that you can't decipher a literal word
What literal?!
Hehehe..
Honestly, if you were any slower, you'd be going backward.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Ofemmanu1: 10:38am On Jun 22, 2017
Blackfire:

Eru.
Don't let us wash your dirty clothes outside.
Is your mother in her afternoon husband or evening husband house...
Your mother shoulda keep the placenta.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Franchise21(m): 11:01am On Jun 22, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

Your fada is very silly.
Ur ancestors are very silly
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Ofemmanu1: 11:07am On Jun 22, 2017
Franchise21:
Ur ancestors are very silly
Your ancestors are most silly
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Franchise21(m): 11:15am On Jun 22, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

Your ancestors are most silly
E pain am... Ofemmanu1 grin

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Ofemmanu1: 9:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
Franchise21:
E pain am... Ofemmanu1 grin
Hehehe..

E pain am.

I go teach you lesson.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Franchise21(m): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

Hehehe..

E pain am.

I go teach you lesson.
Taah!!! Gbafuo
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Ofemmanu1: 10:14am On Jun 23, 2017
Franchise21:
Taah!!! Gbafuo
Taah! Gbafuo aru eme.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Franchise21(m): 10:48am On Jun 23, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

Taah! Gbafuo aru eme.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by laudate: 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2017
free2ryhme:
This is what u get in this part of the world when u cohabit with a woman u didnot pay her dowry to her kindred.

Forget civilisation I am not from the east but you must respect other people's culture.

No family will accept such disrespect from anyone.

A lesson for those men who think they can drink stolen water and run away

Forget the family. What about the silly girl who accepted to cohabit with the guy? Did he hold a gun to her head? shocked What was her family doing when she moved in with the chap, and was dashing the guy free booty? These families will keep quiet and be watching, when their kids are doing rubbish, but then when the girl dies they then start pretending to be righteous and demanding that the guy should marry her corpse. Nonsense! angry
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by free2ryhme: 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
laudate:

Forget the family. What about the silly girl who accepted to cohabit with the guy? Did he hold a gun to her head? shocked What was her family doing when she moved in with the chap, and was dashing the guy free booty? These families will keep quiet and be watching, when their kids are doing rubbish, but then when the girl dies they then start pretending to be righteous and demanding that the guy should marry her corpse. Nonsense! angry

it is not a ground for not doing the right thing

pray make e no happen to you, you go know say na story you dey type for here

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by laudate: 1:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
free2ryhme:
it is not a ground for not doing the right thing

pray make e no happen to you, you go know say na story you dey type for here

Don't worry. It cannot happen to me. No woman can enter my house and live there, without marriage. She dey craze?
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Dayor100(m): 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

F*uck you.and Learn to respect people's culture
f*uck ur motherfucker! Balderdash

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids / Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car / My Mother Threatens To Commit Suicide If I Don't Leave The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.