Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife (38850 Views)

How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady / Obituary Of 193 Year Old Woman As Family Claims / Mother Asks Man Who Impregnated Her 14-year-old Daughter To Pay N800,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 20, 2017
NubiLove:
what of if he married her legally, does this stuff still apply?
Nope. This is done to send a message against cohabitation

5 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by free2ryhme: 11:45am On Jun 20, 2017
ojun50:
Wht if it was the man that die with out paying the bride price of the woman nd he had children. So wht will happen to d woman

The woman will go back to her family and live in shame but if they must claim the kids the family of the deceased man must do the marriage rites to claim the kids.

Also the woman can still remarry as the man under these situations

it is not the same for the men

4 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Oyindidi(f): 11:46am On Jun 20, 2017
ojun50:
Wht if it was the man that die with out paying the bride price of the woman nd he had children. So wht will happen to d woman
In some part of Rivers state, she will not take part in the burial rites or inherit his properties. Either the family or the children of the deceased will marry their mother. Before both the children and their will have right in the family. In my place the lady will not inherit even a pin

3 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by 2shure: 11:46am On Jun 20, 2017
Niggiz geh carried away when the wanna cum.
Fuc .
Cum is sweet esp when u fuckin the right bich
Or someone u truly love.
But fuc.
U cats ddnt do it the fucking traditional way and shiit.
U don over fuc am gif am 3rd pickin.
U dumb ass fuc.
Since u loved her truly.why ddnt u drop dah big ass palm wine at they village.
Well too bad bro.
U wanna waste your hard earned 800k on a dead woman.
Igbo tradition shiit.

Well go gives a fuc.
Watch me mind my biz
In olamides voice.
Im sleeping on the throne.
Mio ba m.i shey chairman

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 20, 2017
NubiLove:
Nope. I support this custom

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by emmanuelex1(m): 11:49am On Jun 20, 2017
LOL, MY BRODA DO YOU THINK IGBOS HAVE AN EFFECTIVE CULTURE TO ARREST BABYPAPARISM AND BABYMAMARISM DEALING WITH THIS COUNTRY? I AM SURE BUT I THINK IGBOS MUST HAVE THE LOWEST BABYMAMAS AND BABAYPAPAS IN NIGERIA.
Ofemmanu1:
Na dem, na dem cursed marginalised potopoto jews.

5 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by lincs25(m): 11:50am On Jun 20, 2017
The guy don enter one chance.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by candycrushsoda: 11:50am On Jun 20, 2017
He's probably one of those who'll scream they don't have money for a wedding and that she should wait till when things are better. Now he's going to cough out this much to marry her corpse.

10 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by kurungu92(m): 11:50am On Jun 20, 2017
I Don't Play With NCAN girls,i learnt my lessons in portharcourt
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by anitank(f): 11:51am On Jun 20, 2017
How come nobody is blaming the woman who went to live with a man that hasn't paid her bride price and was even having kids for him??

In everything I believe in equity. Let's say the first one was a mistake and they wanted to keep it... but she shouldn't have taken in again and yet again if the man refused to go see her people.

Don't bring shame to your families and let other people pay for it!

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by muller101(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2017
Benita27:
It's same culture in South-South. If a lady you're cohabiting with dies during child birth you'll have to marry her corpse before she's buried.

I think the lady's family was angry at the guy 'cause usually the bride price of a dead person means nothing. Money won't bring her to life so why demand for 5m?, even 800k is too much. In my place they collect less but you'll do the burial rites. The message in it is don't cohabit so you won't be married to a dead woman.
I guess u must be from Akwa ibom
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 20, 2017
I mean doing the marriage registry stuff but without the consent of the parents or traditional marriage.

QueenOfNepal:
Nope. I support this custom

Oyindidi:
No

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 20, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
mynd44 rule 2
GROW UP KID@QUEENOFNEPAL
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by emmanuelex1(m): 11:53am On Jun 20, 2017
LOL, MY BRODA DO YOU THINK IGBOS HAVE AN EFFECTIVE CULTURE TO ARREST BABYPAPARISM AND BABYMAMARISM DEALING WITH THIS COUNTRY? I AM SURE BUT I THINK IGBOS MUST HAVE THE LOWEST BABYMAMAS AND BABAYPAPAS IN NIGERIA.
Chicybez:
THis is serious? God save us All

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by madridguy(m): 11:53am On Jun 20, 2017
Reason I want to marry Ngozi officially.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by newoffer: 11:54am On Jun 20, 2017
That money went high because of police.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by emmanuelex1(m): 11:55am On Jun 20, 2017
LOL, MY BRODA DO YOU THINK IGBOS HAVE AN EFFECTIVE CULTURE TO ARREST BABYPAPARISM AND BABYMAMARISM DEALING WITH THIS COUNTRY? I AM NOT BUT I THINK IGBOS MUST HAVE THE LOWEST BABYMAMAS AND BABAYPAPAS IN NIGERIA.
QueenOfNepal:
Nope. This is done to send a message against cohabitation
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Blackfire(m): 11:55am On Jun 20, 2017
adadike281:
if u want an Igbo woman as a wife, pls kindly go and pay her bride price, and if u don't have money, go and deposit ' drink' on her head.In igboland, we call it 'idoyen nmanya', its acceptable. otherwise, if anything befalls d woman, my brother u are on your own.

Since I start identifying with my igbo side... I understand alot of things about life and respect...

For example if u carry a woman whose bride price had already been paid... But the bride price haven't been returned.... And u have children with her... Am sorry to tell u this those lovely kids belongs to the first guy...

Nne kedu.

12 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Oyindidi(f): 11:55am On Jun 20, 2017
NubiLove:
I mean doing the marriage registry stuff but without the consent of the parents or traditional marriage.

That I don't know much about but you must marry traditionally to be recognized by the family

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by kurungu92(m): 11:55am On Jun 20, 2017
Ipod And Their Problem,where Are The So Called Parents When She Had 2 Kids?

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Ofemmanu1: 11:55am On Jun 20, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
In Igboland the institution of marriage is sacred that's why cohabitation is frowned at.

I hope you can now crawl back to that hole you came out from.

I support what was done to the man

Say No To Lagos Marriage

You developed Lagos, you make Lagos money, eat in lagos, do everything in Lagos but you detest Lagos Marriage?!
Clap for yasef.

Flat.heads are hypocritic basterrdss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Ola73: 11:56am On Jun 20, 2017
Islie:

Men should be careful of living with a woman who is not the wife in the proper way

http://pmexpressng.com/man-pay-n-8m-marry-dead-woman-wife/

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 20, 2017
muller101:
I guess u must be from Akwa ibom
Rivers.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Jabioro: 11:58am On Jun 20, 2017
Is that what they the family of the dead called abduction, let us ask Evans and Uchena, that by the side. The police, the family just wanted to extort the poor man without considering the children the wife left behind.. What's marriage, Marriage is a mutual agreement between a man and woman who agreed to live together as husband and wife a become one in eye of spiritual world, all other steps follow are formalities..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by eyeview: 11:58am On Jun 20, 2017
NubiLove:
Nope. If he is legally married to her, the wife is now his property and he will be the one dictating how she will be buried and her family will come as visitors and in-laws.
This is to forestall against this baby mama and Co-habiting immorality that has pervaded the west.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by ojun50(m): 11:58am On Jun 20, 2017
Oyindidi:
In some part of Rivers state, she will not take part in the burial rites or inherit his properties. Either the family or the children of the deceased will marry their mother. Before both the children and their will have right in the family. In my place the lady will not inherit even a pin
ok
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by ojun50(m): 11:59am On Jun 20, 2017
free2ryhme:

The woman will go back to her family and live in shame but if they must claim the kids the family of the deceased man must do the marriage rites to claim the kids.

Also the woman can still remarry as the man under these situations

it is not the same for the men
ok
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by adadike281(f): 11:59am On Jun 20, 2017
Blackfire:

Since I start identifying with my igbo side... I understand alot of things about life and respect...

For example if u carry a woman whose bride price had already been paid... But the bride price haven't been returned.... And u have children with her... Am sorry to tell u this those lovely kids belongs to the first guy...

Nne kedu.
adim nma, thks.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Pavore9: 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2017
ojun50:

The family of woman owns the children, not the man's and she returns back to her family with the children because she was never recognized married. For the man's family to claim custody, they must go the woman's family to pay the bride price.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Klington: 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2017
adadike281:
if u want an Igbo woman as a wife, pls kindly go and pay her bride price, and if u don't have money, go and deposit ' drink' on her head.In igboland, we call it 'idoyen nmanya', its acceptable. otherwise, if anything befalls d woman, my brother u are on your own.
... ... kissnwa di very sharp on point kiss

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by casspersteve: 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
lagos marriage

4 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Princeboca12(m): 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
Islie:

http://pmexpressng.com/man-pay-n-8m-marry-dead-woman-wife/

This omne na small case. My Uncle paid 2.5m. It was so annoying ehn. I still wondered why my Uncle never paid her dowry after living in the same house for 15yrs and having 3kids. Funny thing is, her family members do flex my uncle's house. The man opened a shop for one of her sisters and bought a tricycle for the brother. Things took a turn after her death. Their reactions towards my uncle made her death suspicious. None of them attended her burial.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car / My Mother Threatens To Commit Suicide If I Don't Leave The House / My Son's Behavior Is Getting Out Of Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.