Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,555 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

The Real Truth About The Removal Of CRK And The Political Lies. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Truth About The Removal Of CRK And The Political Lies. (721 Views)

Saraki Speaks On CRK, IRK Curriculum Controversy / House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject / Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Truth About The Removal Of CRK And The Political Lies. by jbbalarabe(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2017
The Nigerian government revised the 9- Year Basic Education Curriculum in 2012 in line with global best practices as in Kenya -7 subject, Tanzania- 8 subject, United States of America -6 subject, Malaysia and Indonesia -9 subject offerings. The curriculum revision process involved identification and grouping of related disciplines such as Christian Religious Studies/ Islamic Studies, Social Studies, Civic Education, and Security Education to create a new composite or cluster of Revised BEC subject called Religion and National Values. Key concepts in the former curricula now form integrating threads for organizing the contents of the new subject into a coherent whole. The Revised BEC comprises ten (10) subjects namely:

1. English Studies,
2. Mathematics,
3. Basic Science and Technology,
4. Religion and National Values,
5. Cultural and Creative Arts
6. Business Studies,
7. Nigerian Languages,
8. Pre-vocational Studies,
9. French,
10. Arabic.

As pointed out above, these revisions were made in 2012 when Goodluck Jonathan was the president of Nigeria. It is therefore very surprising that some men of God who are drawn to sensationalism are accusing the Buhari government of being the architects of this revision and accusing same of planning to Islamize Nigeria. How can you accuse a man who became president in 2015 of being responsible for what was designed and implemented in 2012? If only this category of ”men of God” can just stay out of politics and face their calling as preachers, much of the tension that they create with their utterances will be avoided. But even if they must speak, it behooves on them to do their research well before making utterances.

Curiously no single Imam cried out when the federal government headed by a supposed Christian did this review. Neither did CAN or any pastor for that matter say anything about it. All of a sudden three years later everyone seems to have woken up from their slumber. This is really very pathetic. From the foregoing, it looks like these men of God seem to believe that it is what students learn at school that predominantly makes them good Christians or not but I beg to differ. The school syllabus for Religious studies only contains bible stories or historical events in the bible. The subject only made us to cram and recite the Ten Commandments, the Lord’s Prayer and the golden rule. The real Christians principles that we hold dear today were taught in church and in our homes.

The school can never be a substitute to the church and the family. So instead of prying into politics and school curricular these men of God should focus attention on using the church and the family unit as the bedrock of building up children because when it is all said and done, a child is a combination of the training he gets both at school and at home. We cannot control what happens at school but we can control what happens in church and at home. The earlier we start doing more of the training at home and in church the better. Those who want to argue can argue. I don talk my own. Let us stop making the church a part of our victim mentality. Nobody can Islamize Nigeria.

- Prince Tony Ogbetere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Truth About The Removal Of CRK And The Political Lies. by eshietIntrepid(m): 9:46am On Jun 20, 2017
Remember in the bible when king heron killed Stephen and he waited to see the reaction of the people, when he discovered that it pleased the people. He moved to plan b by arresting Paul and Silas.

This is what Buhari govt are doing from registering Nigeria among Islam nation to excluding crk from the curriculum, graduately he's moving g to next step.

And they keep telling us it was GEJ idea or govt that initiated the idea, yet he didn't implement it.

The christian leaders should continue to sleep.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Truth About The Removal Of CRK And The Political Lies. by ihimiray(m): 9:46am On Jun 20, 2017
I concur
Re: The Real Truth About The Removal Of CRK And The Political Lies. by Modsenemy(f): 9:47am On Jun 20, 2017
There's something psychologists call "transfer of aggression" .

Is Buhari now the minister of education?

Bitter people are only making sure they transfer their aggression on the president just to discredit his tenure.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Truth About The Removal Of CRK And The Political Lies. by jhydebaba(m): 10:00am On Jun 20, 2017
I tried hard to explain this simple truth to someone few days ago. The person's conclusion was that I am muslim. I told him no and he said I must be anti-xtian.

We really need orientation and re-orientation in this country because religion has dealt us a big blow.

FP pls, people needs to be educated.

Good one Prince Tony.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Truth About The Removal Of CRK And The Political Lies. by obailala(m): 10:03am On Jun 20, 2017
eshietIntrepid:
Remember in the bible when king heron killed Stephen and he waited to see the reaction of the people, when he discovered that it pleased the people. He moved to plan b by arresting Paul and Silas.

This is what Buhari govt are doing from registering Nigeria among Islam nation to excluding crk from the curriculum, graduately he's moving g to next step.

And they keep telling us it was GEJ idea or govt that initiated the idea, yet he didn't implement it.

The christian leaders should continue to sleep.
What kind of dullness is this?.... Where/how is CRK excluded from the curriculum?.... And if you insist that the grouping of CRK into Religious and National Values is synonymous to exclusion of CRK, why do people keep carefully and deliberately omitting the fact that IRK was also 'excluded'?.... How exactlt is it islamisation when both crk and irk are excluded as you claim?

Once again, what kind of dullness is this across Nigeria? undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Real Truth About The Removal Of CRK And The Political Lies. by luvinhubby(m): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2017
Modsenemy:
There's something psychologists call "transfer of aggression" .

Is Buhari now the minister of education?

Bitter people are only making sure they transfer their aggression on the president just to discredit his tenure.

And there is also another thing philosophers called 'delegated authority'.

This minister of education acts on Buhari's behalf in the ministry of education.
Re: The Real Truth About The Removal Of CRK And The Political Lies. by positivelord: 10:20am On Jun 20, 2017
Ok let me make one thing clear...deep down inside us we know GEJ is stupid and extremely clueless .Exactly why they allowed him rule this country.
Everybody know GEJ is usually drunk between the hours 5 and 11 in the morning. During those hours of highness file upon file are presented to him to sign.
And now we have another 74/82 year old sick man ruling us...when will a vibrant , intelligent man rule this country.
Re: The Real Truth About The Removal Of CRK And The Political Lies. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
I think the major blame should first go to the person who initiated this curriculum which is Gej how the hell did he even think about it in the first place.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: We Are Solidly Behind Nnamdi Kanu, Igbo Youths. / Address The Nation By Thursday, Or Face Protests- Pro-democracy Group / I Hear A Cry Like Rain From Aso Rock – Fr Mbaka Breaks Silence On Buhari’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.