Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. (676 Views)

Saraki Speaks On CRK, IRK Curriculum Controversy / House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject / Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by NwaforIgbo: 10:54am On Jun 20, 2017
My take on the removal of C.R.K from the school curriculum.

It is a welcome Development:

I personally think that C.R.K and IRK in Nigeria school curriculum is an unnecessary subjects that we don't really need in the school curriculum.
- After all we have religious bodies that takes care of the issue of doctrine and beliefs.
- After all all Christians- have different believe system, CRK has not in anyway united our believe system. Catholics, Pentecostal, White Garment, Jehovah Witness all have different believe, CRK have never united our believe.

I think it is a waste of time and resources that does not help the Nation or individual in anyway.

So they should scrap CRK and IRS from our curriculum. We cant afford to pay teachers for teaching unnecessary subjects that would never be practiced.

And moreover Nigeria should be a secular state. I also believe that churches should pay tax to the government to support the country.
Re: Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by Franchise21(m): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2017
NwaforIgbo:
My take on the removal of C.R.K from the school curriculum.

It is a welcome Development:

I personally think that C.R.K and IRK in Nigeria school curriculum is an unnecessary subjects that we don't really need in the school curriculum.
- After all we have religious bodies that takes care of the issue of doctrine and beliefs.
- After all all Christians- have different believe system, CRK has not in anyway united our believe system. Catholics, Pentecostal, White Garment, Jehovah Witness all have different believe, CRK have never united our believe.

I think it is a waste of time and resources that does not help the Nation or individual in anyway.

So they should scrap CRK and IRS from our curriculum. We cant afford to pay teachers for teaching unnecessary subjects that would never be practiced.

And moreover Nigeria should be a circular state. I also believe that churches should pay tax to the government to support the country.

Gerrarrahere

2 Likes

Re: Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2017
Traditional religious studies and omenala should be included in the sylabus.

2 Likes

Re: Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by ideynl1: 10:57am On Jun 20, 2017
The OP is a yoruba muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 20, 2017
ideynl1:
The OP is a yoruba muslim.
Abeg leave that thing! What op post is the absolute truth. crk and irk are better scrapped.
Ngwa call me a yoruba muslim too. Thunder fire islam!
Re: Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by LarryBeryl(m): 11:17am On Jun 20, 2017
Re: Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by dodelight(m): 11:46am On Jun 20, 2017
Sorry Op. You've been noticed, though. And it's called 'secular' not 'circular'.

1 Like

Re: Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by ideynl1: 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
venai:
Abeg leave that thing! What op post is the absolute truth. crk and irk are better scrapped.
Ngwa call me a yoruba muslim too. Thunder fire islam!

The problem is not the removal of CRK and IRK, but having Arabic studies as an option.

The OP skipped that aspect.
Re: Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by NwaforIgbo: 1:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
dodelight:
Sorry Op. You've been noticed, though. And it's called 'secular' not 'circular'.
Thanks
Re: Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by NwaforIgbo: 1:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
ideynl1:

The problem is not the removal of CRK and IRK, but having Arabic studies as an option.

Arabic studies is a no no
Re: Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
ideynl1:

Arabic is just a language. It can be included in the sylabus, as long as it has nothing to do with islam.
Re: Removal Of CRK From School Curriulun: My Take. by honeychild(f): 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
venai:
Arabic is just a language. It can be included in the sylabus, as long as it has nothing to do with islam.

Even if it has to do with Islam, learning about another religion does not automatically mean you belong to that religion. I think what should actually be offered is a comparative study of all religions in Nigeria. A case where you discuss all religions including traditional beliefs.

Being educated means being aware of more than just your own world view, learning to see things through another person's lenses.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ibo Should Boycott Naira Too / What Will A Restructured Nigeria Look Like? / Thread Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.