Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

"Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story (72555 Views)

Man Who Woke Up After Being "Declared Dead" Holds Thanksgiving Service. PICS / "Nigerian Man Died In Australia & Woke Up In India" -Facebook User Claims (Pics) / Lady Says She Woke Up On Her Way To The Mortuary After Being Declared Dead. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2017
felixomor:

Dont be ridiculous.
Ct Mri for heart?
Please dont disgrace Yourself.
If u dont know anything about medicine, keep quiet.
I gave CT, MRI and USS as examples of imaging modalities. Not necessarily for the heart and not all for this patient. Try not to be stupid; read the entire post. You are free to believe in the 'miracles' if you wish
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by paulpery: 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
Point of correction he was not dead, but was unconscious. There was still a spark of life in him. He was not clinically dead.
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by bankylan: 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

This is not a miracle. It is a phenomenon well documented in the medical literature. It has happened before and will happen again.

The patient was mistakenly diagnosed as deceased after what was probably a cardiac arrest. He in all likelihood had spontaneous resumption of cardiac and circulatory activity. The technical term is ROSC
"A patient is not dead until he is warm and dead" is what you are taught in emergency medicine courses because cold preserves the vital organs and can allow recovery later.

In 19th century Europe and America , there were so many cases of people mistakenly thought dead who woke up, that a practice was established of keeping the 'corpse' in a room for 24 to 48 hours with a bell beside him/her. Friends and relatives would gather expectantly waiting with hope. If he awoke he was supposed to ring the bell.
That is the origin of the term 'wake keeping'

Hey stop there! Miracles do happen. My friend was diagnosed in Nigeria, UK and US of brain tumor. He was so sick and affected that he went with his wife to India for a surgery. He was checked and the tumor was seen. Before he was taken in to be operated on, the wife was praying, speaking in tongue and applied the anointing oil our pastor prayed on before they left for India. On opening his head, no tumour was found again. The doctors closed his head, did another test and no trace of any tumor again. Went to US, UK and came down to Nigeria for rounds of tests, still nothing again. We were still together on Sunday and it's been years now.
Another one is a child with a hole in his heart that was prayed for by Pastor Ashimolowo..when he was invited to covenant Christian center- Poju Oyemade..and the child was healed instantly. If I should share mine with you, u won't believe. This is why I will serve God and my master Jesus for the rest of my life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2017
spacetacular:

Are you in the medical profession? I am a medical practitioner here in the UK and can help you out of your high ground ignorance sir.

What about this young man's ordeal is unbelievable? Is it the artificial heart valve he was fitted with as a result of his heart condition which is a heart failure with severe anatomical damage aka ventricular septal defect or is it the fact that imaging was already done and redone even prior to even the minor surgery where they attempted to close the holes and definitely also in Australia even before they tried cutting him open before he died.

What part of all this gives you problems?

What gives me problems is that you claim to be a medical practitioner and believe second hand accounts without looking at the official clinical records.
I also have a problem with you believing that the patient 'rose from the dead'. I have attempted to give a logical and medical (though dumbed down explanation for the event)

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by felixomor: 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

I gave CT, MRI and USS as examples of imaging modalities. Not necessarily for the heart and not all for this patient. Try not to be stupid; read the entire post. You are free to believe in the 'miracles' if you wish
Bros, stop trying to Justify your ignorance.
You just said u wanted to see imaging on this patient and u ignorantly listed those things.
Poo

Real doctors dont force themselves to explain everything with the desperation u are Showing because they know there are just too many that cant be explained.

Thats why u have caught yourself up in this mess.
Allow google to keep deceiving u that you are a heart surgeon.
When next, they want to take a cardiac patient to Australia, tell them to bring the patient to your house.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

What gives me problems is that you claim to be a medical practitioner and believe second hand accounts without looking at the official clinical records.
I also have a problem with you believing that the patient 'rose from the dead'. I have attempted to give a logical and medical (though dumbed down explanation for the event)

You are actually arguing with two medical practitioners .And I'm having fun with this pop corn . grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:41pm On Jun 20, 2017
spacetacular:

Are you in the medical profession? I am a medical practitioner here in the UK and can help you out of your high ground ignorance sir.

What about this young man's ordeal is unbelievable? Is it the artificial heart valve he was fitted with as a result of his heart condition which is a heart failure with severe anatomical damage aka ventricular septal defect or is it the fact that imaging was already done and redone even prior to even the minor surgery where they attempted to close the holes and definitely also in Australia even before they tried cutting him open before he died.

What part of all this gives you problems?

What gives me problems is that you claim to be a medical practitioner and believe second hand accounts. You make claims without looking for or at the official clinical records.
I also have a problem with you believing that the patient 'rose from the dead'. I have attempted to give a logical and medical (though dumbed- down explanation for the event) based on the information in the article.
You bring in many technical terms without sources into your argument. Where are they mentioned in the article ?
Is this the new standard for medical practice in the UK which you exhibit ?
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by spacetacular(f): 6:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

I asked you a question sir and rather than answering that you chose to take a swipe at my medical profession which is totally ridiculous.

You accuse me of same thing you are doing. You chose to discredit without knowledgeable proof and you conveniently ignored the names he mentioned and the fact that he is easily reachable for sake of authentication.

Do you think his tests in Nigeria and Australia were in error? Under what probability did that happen? Would you think that the Aussie surgeons would begin cutting him open without carrying out their own imaging?

By the way I do not "claim" to be a medical practitioner, I AM!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Donsmithbrown(m): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2017
The Lord is ur strength my brother
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Marvel1206: 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

If he indeed had a 'hole' in his heart it must have been diagnosed clinically and confirmed by medical imaging - (CT scan, MRI, Ultrasound etc)
Can you show me the 'before' and 'after' radiological images of his heart to prove the 'hole' has disappeared ? Or you are basing your claim on hearsay ?
Hearsay? So you think you would believe even if a picture is provided. You were able to provide an 'explanation' to what you thought you 'understood' and the one you couldn't, you term it hearsay? You see, people like you naturally shut their minds off things they don't want to believe-be it real or not-instead of being open to other explanations.

If you really wanna know more about the case, I'd advice you to dig deep into it for verifications since the post contains every thing you need to verify the veracity of the story.

3 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by viviangills(f): 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
Thank you Jesus
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by oyinzdml: 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2017
THANK YOU JESUS
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by sammyscholar(m): 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
She is a foreign doctor (not local like you and working in hospital well manned and equipped than yours) and she believes in miracle.

IamaNigerianGuy:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by laudate: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
okuya:
And how about d disappearance of the hole in his heart without undergoing surgery, COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THE SCIENCE BEHIND THAT TOO?

This is the work of an awesome God... a wonder-working miraculous God. Hallelujah! cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Markikus: 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

This is not a miracle. It is a phenomenon well documented in the medical literature. It has happened before and will happen again.

The patient was mistakenly diagnosed as deceased after what was probably a cardiac arrest. He in all likelihood had spontaneous resumption of cardiac and circulatory activity. The technical term is ROSC
"A patient is not dead until he is warm and dead" is what you are taught in emergency medicine courses because cold preserves the vital organs and can allow recovery later.

In 19th century Europe and America , there were so many cases of people mistakenly thought dead who woke up, that a practice was established of keeping the 'corpse' in a room for 24 to 48 hours with a bell beside him/her. Friends and relatives would gather expectantly waiting with hope. If he awoke he was supposed to ring the bell.

3 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by spacetacular(f): 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

What gives me problems is that you claim to be a medical practitioner and believe second hand accounts. You make claims without looking for or at the official clinical records.
I also have a problem with you believing that the patient 'rose from the dead'. I have attempted to give a logical and medical (though dumbed- down explanation for the event) based on the information in the article.
You bring in many technical terms without sources into your argument. Where are they mentioned in the article ?
Is this the new standard for medical practice in the UK which you exhibit ?

You are obviously a vexed being who attempts to stand toe to toe with God. Heck yeah I am a medical practitioner who loves and believes in God and His miraculous ways. The young man was the person who went through this and he sounds intelligent enough to ask questions and know the details about his condition as this interview clearly showed.

You are trying way too hard to sound "medical".

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by hatchy(f): 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Only the foolish says there is no God.

Continue in your foolishness thinking you are brilliant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by ashala(m): 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
MzJin:
Wowowoow....thanks to God oooooo.......but he so cute is he married

see your mouth. he is cute
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
spacetacular:

I asked you a question sir and rather than answering that you chose to take a swipe at my medical profession which is totally ridiculous.

You accuse me of same thing you are doing. You chose to discredit without knowledgeable proof and you conveniently ignored the names he mentioned and the fact that he is easily reachable for sake of authentication.

Do you think his tests in Nigeria and Australia were in error? Under what probability did that happen? Would you think that the Aussie surgeons would begin cutting him open without carrying out their own imaging?

You are not writing like one.

I stand by my statement that the patient was erroneously categorized as dead. That is very clear to me maybe not to you. If you have taken an ACLS course at the minimum you would have come across this explained.
No retreat on that point.EVER.

I also state that to prove that a VSD in this adult has closed spontaneously, I must see evidence, and not oral evidence from a layman, journalist or the patient viz IMAGING supporting the claim with comparison data taken before the alledged closure.

Is that an issue for you ?

I

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by FullDepth1: 6:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
CoCoLav:

Your quote does not address my question.

If you took out time to read the write up, you'd see he had a Nigerian surgeon who was on his case from the start. Remember? Or should I capture that part too?

Okay, you know what, let me take the pain to capture that too..

my surgeon Prof, Tamson, a consultant cardiologist who has worked in India for over 20 years before coming back to Nigeria took up my case because he said in over 200 cases he has done in cardiology
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by spacetacular(f): 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You talk about "warm and dead" when he was put down as "dead" in Australia and flown from there to India which was a 13hr flight and his corpse was not "iced". Surely he was "warm and dead" for over 13 hours before being put in the mortuary in India. So can you medically explain how "warm and dead" is out of place here?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by alizma: 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

see how the devil is playing with your brain. who close the holes in his heart? remember the case at hand is not just about death and resurrection, it also includes total healing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
spacetacular:

I stand by my statement that the patient was erroneously categorized as dead. That is very clear to me maybe not to you. If you have taken even an ACLS course at the minimum, you would have come across this explained.

I also state that to prove that a VSD in this adult has closed spontaneously, I must see evidence. And not oral evidence from a layman, journalist or the patient. Verified IMAGING supporting the claim with comparison data taken before the alledged closure.

I
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
spacetacular:

You are obviously a vexed being who attempts to stand toe to toe with God. Heck yeah I am a medical practitioner who loves and believes in God and His miraculous ways. The young man was the person who went through this and he sounds intelligent enough to ask questions and know the details about his condition as this interview clearly showed.

You are trying way too hard to sound "medical".

You are a medical practitioner and you believe he was raised from the dead ?
The Raising of Lazarus was a textbook or course in your days in medical school?

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by laudate: 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
GreyLaw:
That guy you quoted, his responses are so dumb.

So he thinks the sick man was diagnosed with ventricular septal defect without CT or MRI, given a make-shift surrogate heart still without proper medical tests and investigations, and then finally flown to India and Australia, all without proper tests?!?

Some people just sound crazy, but they fail to know it.

It's OK not to believe in miracles, but sounding stupid just to hold onto the last thread of disbelief, is just appalling.

True!! wink

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by bath(m): 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
He is a miraculous working God. May His name being praised.
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by alizma: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

If he indeed had a 'hole' in his heart it must have been diagnosed clinically and confirmed by medical imaging - (CT scan, MRI, Ultrasound etc)
Can you show me the 'before' and 'after' radiological images of his heart to prove the 'hole' has disappeared ? Or you are basing your claim on hearsay ?
why did you not ask for picture of him in the mortuary and​ after the mortuary pix before you ascribe his resurrection to medical condition?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by spacetacular(f): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

I stand by my statement that the patient was erroneously categorized as dead. That is very clear to me maybe not to you. If you have taken an ACLS course at the minimum you would have come across this explained.

I also state that to prove that a VSD in this adult has closed spontaneously, I must see evidence, and not oral evidence from a layman, journalist or the patient viz IMAGING supporting the claim with comparison data taken before the alledged closure.

I

Word of advice and caution. Rather than your current display of ignorance based on your inner vexation why not make some effort to reach out to the young man or his doctor and prove or disprove him.

You sound like you need antidepressants.

3 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by Obcglobal(m): 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
Thank God for you my brother
Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by felixomor: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
spacetacular:

Word of advice and caution. Rather than your current display of ignorance based on your inner vexation why not make some effort to reach out to the young man or his doctor and prove or disprove him.

You sound like you need antidepressants.

The guy is funny.
He says he wants to see the images himself like he is a specialist.
He believes the story on nairaland, but doubts the diagnosis on Nairaland also.

What a joke.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by spacetacular(f): 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You are a medical practitioner and you believe he was raised from the dead ?
The Raising of Lazarus was a textbook or course in your days in medical school?

Are you Shocked? I am a medical practitioner and yes people die and return a lot which was how the medically unexplainable phenomenon called Lazarus syndrome was coined. Have you been able to crack the Lazarus syndrome phenomenon yourself?

Share this profound knowledge with me please. Lol

4 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Man Who Woke Up After Being Declared Dead By Doctors" Tells His Story by FullDepth1: 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

That is a brilliant question and I will answer it.

No it does not represent a double standard @FullDepth.
In medicine, there are two diagnosis that laymen may make (although they may be wrong) - a diagnosis of pregnancy and one of death. Because of long tradition and experience, these diagnosis are almost always correct. In some cases, like this one, they may be wrong (another example of a layman error in diagnosis is a woman with fibroids who thinks she is pregnant.)
A case of spontaneous resolution or closure of a VSD (hole in the heart) is not made lightly and not made by laymen. It must be supported with medical 'pictures'. We term these images.

Closure of a 'hole' can occur but this is usually in children. It may recur later in life especially if the person is physically active. This is the cause and explanation of some of heart problems in footballers from Africa which we read in the news.
So to sum up, such an occurrence in this age group is rare, it must be backed by evidence and it may not be permanent.

After reading all you wrote, all I can deduce from you are as follows:-

1) You imply that the patient is either LYING or doesn't know what he is saying.
2) You are clearly saying that ALL the surgeons/medical practitioners on this case are either insensible or senile, as they do not know what they diagnosed, and in so, they are all quacks (according to your belief)
3) You are clearly saying you don't believe on miracles, and you are doing everything possible to counter the possibility.
4) The patient was Wrongly diagnosed both in Nigeria, India and every other place.

But alas, you are entitled to your own belief. You can try all you can or twist all you can, just to prove that this is not a miracle, but guess what? That's all you can do ("Try to discredit it"... )

Dont bother replying, NigerianGuy

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Can Someone Please Caution D.k Olukoya On Vulgar Use Of Body Parts In His Messag / South African Pastor Turns Church Member Into Horse & Put Snake In Their Mouth / Olawale Elisha: "Eunice Breasts & Head Were Removed According To Crowd"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.