Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures (33742 Views)

BREAKING: INEC Begins Dino Melaye’s Recall Process / Date For Dino Melaye’s Recall Process Fixed By Kogi INEC / INEC Pastes Notice Of Melaye’s Recall Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by tuniski: 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2017
oshe11:
If someone like Dino is recalled den d oda senators deserves automation recalling, COS THEY ARE ALL USELESS
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by onatisi(m): 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2017
HAH:
a simple injunction by a court on the verification of the signatures will throw spanner in the whole process, Yahaya Bello is just wasting Kogi people money on an academic or impossible task
Very good point. Dino may rush to to law court and declare the process fradulent in order to waste time. But if the presidency decides to support yahaya bello then they can speed up the court process and get dino out
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by HAH: 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2017
onatisi:

Baba thank you for ur intelligent contribution. This is politics and IF all conditions are met and fulfilled then saraki has no choice. Lets not forget that it isnt the whole senate that are actually in favour of dino, if the recall process goes through,then saraki cant retain dino unilaterally because he has ceased to represent nny constituency.
my brother I can safely tell you that even if all the things are done everything will be stalled at court, I doubt if he will even allow it to reach referendum stage, an injunction will be gotten at the verification of signatures stage, before you know it 2019 is knocking on the door and everyone will answer his father name and the case will die a natural death LOL

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by kaywon22(m): 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
Dino n bukola must be recal tongue
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by HAH: 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2017
onatisi:

Very good point. Dino may rush to to law court and declare the process fradulent in order to waste time. But if the presidency decides to support yahaya bello then they can speed up the court process and get dino out
You have a point but if the presidency will engage itself in such fotofoto politics they would done same with Saraki at CCT, so I doubt if the presidency will stoop so low
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by onatisi(m): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
HAH:
my brother I can safely tell you that even if all the things are done everything will be stalled at court, I doubt if he will even allow it to reach referendum stage, an injunction will be gotten at the verification of signatures, before you know it 2019 is knocking on the door and everyone will answer his father name and the case will die a natural death LOL
Yes very very possible. That may be his only option .I know by now he will be gathering his legal team and they will be studying the issues critically. Butli think the whole process may just be to ratttle him and show him that he isn't untouchable as he feels or think

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by tuniski: 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
senatordave1:
Senator Dino is going.once a state governor wants you out in nigeria,you are out and yahaya is personaly coordinating things.the hardest part was getting over 50 percent of the signatures in the constituency and that has been easily achieved.another hard part would be the verification of the signatures by inec.inec can do that by cross checking the signatures with those in their database or the manual register and i am sure it would tally because the governor and his cohorts would have perfectly forged the signature of some using oluwole experts and can easily breach inec as he did recently when he was accused of double registration.once inec verifies the signatures,senator dino is a goner because all other processes would be very easily and a mere formality.saraki cant do anything and has no role to play except towards the end in reading the result of the referendum by inec which is also mere formality.nothing can safe dino now.hes a goner.after that perhaps,the process of impeaching governor yahaya bello would commence by luck.up apc,up buhari
Dino is going nowhere and this is the beginning of the end of APC in kogi and perhaps nationally.
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by onatisi(m): 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
HAH:
You have a point but if the presidency will engage itself in such fotofoto politics they would done same with Saraki at CCT, so I doubt if the presidency will stoop so low
Saraki issue is quite different from dino,saraki had problems with the party over post sharing and other matters. Then dont forget that buhari had already settled saraki issue , secondly the northern cabal within the presidency are also sheilding saraki but in this case it is dino against his governor. What may again happen is that a peace meeting may be called and all issues settled amicably between dino and bello.
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by HAH: 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
onatisi:

Yes very very possible. That may be his only option .I know by now he will be gathering his legal team and they will be studying the issues critically. Butli think the whole process may just be to ratttle him and show him that he isn't untouchable as he feels or think
that is it, it is just to rattle him, Yahaya Bello and Dino are mates from ABU and graduated same years, Yahaya was in accounting at Kongo while dino was at Samaru in Geography, believe me all this will fizzle out just wait for 2018 when realignment will begin toward 2019

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by HAH: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
onatisi:

Saraki issue is quite different from dino,saraki had problems with the party over post sharing and other matters. Then dont forget that buhari had already settled saraki issue , secondly the northern cabal within the presidency are also sheilding saraki but in this case it is dino against his governor. What may again happen is that a peace meeting may be called and all issues settled amicably between dino and bello.
both Dino and Yahaya Bello are from minority, the governorship according to an unwritten law in kogi is the birthright of the Igalas, so when Jungle mature is either the align or both perish as the Igalas are so bittered that an Ebira man is now governor, infact if Yahaya Bello is not seeing himself a a one term governor especially will his dismal performance I will be surprised, his only way of coming back to lugard house is through alignment especially through good performance and alliance with the Okuns
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by CaptainFM1: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
Meanwhile, Dino is rehearsing the remix version of his hit track. Watch out.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2017
IamSINZ:

Your state, abi?
yes o. What a useless state

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Getintouch2004(m): 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2017
And they are yet to recall Buhari, abi? Ndi oshi ndi oshi
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by onatisi(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
HAH:
both Dino and Yahaya Bello are from minority, the governorship according to an unwritten law in kogi is the birthright of the Igalas, so when Jungle mature is either the align or both perish as the Igalas are so bittered that an Ebira man is now governor, infact if Yahaya Bello is not seeing himself a a one term governor especially will his dismal performance I will be surprised, his only way of coming back to lugard house is through alignment especially through good performance and alliance with the Okuns
Kogi politics seems to be an iinteresting one. So which tribe is dino from,which is audu from and bello and what really is the problem between the 2 of them?please kindly enlighten me.
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2017
obataokenwa:
I understand perfectly with you... It won't stop the court from sitting either... but as a first time case in its nature, it's practically impossible to unseat him cos the case don't have basis in law and if election tribunal cases are used, then forensic audit is required which INEC is not ready to do cos it doesn't worth it
The concept of Presidency is not real. The Presidency is his enemy and they are just real people who hate his gut. They can make and mar him.

Let me remind you that there are crack/weed smoking boys on the streets ready to die for a million Naira. Put that together and you will understand that the elite count prices of you masses at 500,000 Naira per head. That is the fine the DPOs need to set you free for murder. I am here with you to share the good news from the elites. It is all about power and money. There is no conscience here. It is all a game.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by bkool7(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
obataokenwa:
Law Student has gotten a good practical case of a law that has not been practised before in Nigeria. Good academic exercise.

Smart Adeyemi is just too desperate to take over from Dino Melaye. Will follow up the case for my knowledge and that's all about it cos nothing will come out of it. Thanks to Yahaya Bello the most dumbest/visionless governor in the history of Africa for this academic exercise.

The process the governor applied in getting the signature is entirely wrong in law and I doubt if an unbiased judge won't throw it out.

I wonder who is his legal adviser... more reason he's not successful as a governor.

Does the law stipulated a specific process for getting the required signatures ?
The normal process I've witnessed in saner climes is people staying at busstops or train stations to enlighten people and solicited the signatures

If we know nigerian politicians you'll know the process of recall cannot be achieved solely by citizens without protection from govt .
And that's similar to wat was used in kogi

Some nigerians are the reason why we cant fight corruption in this country .
Because some set of people will always have a reason to support the corrupt
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by obataokenwa(m): 5:41pm On Jun 21, 2017
bkool7:

Does the law stipulated a specific process for getting the required signatures ?
The normal process I've witnessed in saner climes is people staying at busstops or train stations to enlighten people and solicited the signatures

If we know nigerian politicians you'll know the process of recall cannot be achieved solely by citizens without protection from govt .
And that's similar to wat was used in kogi

Some nigerians are the reason why we cant fight corruption in this country .
Because some set of people will always have a reason to support the corrupt
Your two last paragraph as reference.... So somebody like Yahaya Bello is OK to fight corruption. Idi Amin will be citing Nigeria as a case study in heaven so as to evade hell. grin
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by HAH: 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2017
onatisi:

Kogi politics seems to be an iinteresting one. So which tribe is dino from,which is audu from and bello and what really is the problem between the 2 of them?please kindly enlighten me.
Kogi is carved out of Kwara and Benue state in 1991, there are three major ethic groups in the state mainly igala about 45% of kogi came kogi east senatorial district and was carved from Benue state, while Ebira with about 25% occupies the south senatorial district was carved from Kwara and lastly the western senatorial district with the Okuns, Ogoris and lokoja people they are also carved from Kwara.

As they saying goes majority carries the votes as such anytime an election is held votes are mostly done on the basis of ethinicty and the Igalas always take the day, infact a friend once told me for you to be governor of kogi you must be Igala and most be muslim, but as it is God has his ways with the emergence of Yahaya Bello.

There is general distrust among the major ethic groups in the state, they are hateful of each other. Someone once told me that I from Borno is better his brother than an igala man, they guy is Ebira, I was so shocked.

Sadly kogi is one the state that lacked anything to show as dividend of democracy, and the workers are always at logger head with each administration largely due to renumeration, personally i think for Kogi to prosper all this parochial interest must be dropped and unity must be upheld. I was so disappointed with Yahaya Bello because we though being from minority and a young fellow he will be different but so far he is not different from the past

To answer your question, audu was from Igala, Dino is from Okun and Yahaya Bello is from Ebira

Please don't mind my grammatical errors
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by CeeJay419(m): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
The fight still continues... Cj

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Ayatullah(m): 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2017
GOING... GOING...... G---N---!
Within 90 days Dino will very likely become the first Senator to be recalled in Kogi State and perhaps the entire nation.

He will very likely become a car dealer after his recall or set up a car racing/rental club with his many cars.

He recklessly ruined himself with arrogance and unguarded utterances.

Àsejù ló han Dino léèmò!
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by orjaha(m): 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
when u dey there, who you help?
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by IamSINZ(m): 6:22pm On Jun 21, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
yes o. What a useless state

Is he repping your constituency?
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
IamSINZ:

Is he repping your constituency?
unfortunately he is. Such a clown

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by onatisi(m): 6:59pm On Jun 21, 2017
HAH:
Kogi is carved out of Kwara and Benue state in 1991, there are three major ethic groups in the state mainly igala about 45% of kogi came kogi east senatorial district and was carved from Benue state, while Ebira with about 25% occupies the south senatorial district was carved from Kwara and lastly the western senatorial district with the Okuns, Ogoris and lokoja people they are also carved from Kwara.

As they saying goes majority carries the votes as such anytime an election is held votes are mostly done on the basis of ethinicty and the Igalas always take the day, infact a friend once told me for you to be governor of kogi you must be Igala and most be muslim, but as it is God has his ways with the emergence of Yahaya Bello.

There is general distrust among the major ethic groups in the state, they are hateful of each other. Someone once told me that I from Borno is better his brother than an igala man, they guy is Ebira, I was so shocked.

Sadly kogi is one the state that lacked anything to show as dividend of democracy, and the workers are always at logger head with each administration largely due to renumeration, personally i think for Kogi to prosper all this parochial interest must be dropped and unity must be upheld. I was so disappointed with Yahaya Bello because we though being from minority and a young fellow he will be different but so far he is not different from the past

To answer your question, audu was from Igala, Dino is from Okun and Yahaya Bello is from Ebira

Please don't mind my grammatical errors
Very interesting politics. So the issue between dino and Yahaya isnt really about ethnicity. There are other factors involved?
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by IamSINZ(m): 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
unfortunately he is. Such a clown

Nawa o, are they really serious about recalling him? Have you heard any news from home?
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by persius555(m): 7:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
This is good for our democracy. Thank you Dino Melaye for letting us use you as the first "political guinea pig"

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by AdoOloro(m): 7:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
toocoded:
This pple are serious oooo

Yahaya Bello is serious.
If you are not in the state, you cannot understand what is happening.
Bello's people were collecting people's voters card and asking them to sign in exchange for #500 and one pitiful looking 5kg bag of rice.
People became angry and the thing nearly caused bloodshed. I witnessed it firsthand.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Sunnyja: 7:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
DTOBS:
If this recall process gets through, I think it will be a big applause for the kogi west constituency (I don't want to know the sponsor of the recall progress) and other states and constituency can take a cue from it to bring back those useless sleeping dogs at the red and green chambers.

It is time Nigerians start acting out their rights.
What rights are you talking about. Are you saying the people don't have right to their salaries which the governor has refused to pay after collecting bailout funds from FG
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
I pray the six bags don't develop wings or the office where they are kept don't catch fire......
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by senatordave1(m): 7:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
HAH:
my brother I can safely tell you that even if all the things are done everything will be stalled at court, I doubt if he will even allow it to reach referendum stage, an injunction will be gotten at the verification of signatures stage, before you know it 2019 is knocking on the door and everyone will answer his father name and the case will die a natural death LOL

No court would give an injunction against inec conducting its constitutional duties.its like stopping inec from conducting elections on flimsy basis.even if they do,inec has 3 months to conduct the plebiscite and electoral matters are nowadays given accelerated hearing.inec would vacate such and go ahead with its lawful duties after all the recall movers have followed the statutes lawfully.dino must go and he will go.hes the worst senator i have ever known.it doesnt matter if the person used to bring him down is also corrupt.after all,fate works mysTeriously

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by senatordave1(m): 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2017
HAH:

No court would give an injunction against inec conducting its constitutional duties.its like stopping inec from conducting elections on flimsy basis.even if they do,inec has 3 months to conduct the plebiscite and electoral matters are nowadays given accelerated hearing.inec would vacate such and go ahead with its lawful duties after all the recall movers have followed the statutes lawfully.dino must go and he will go.hes the worst senator i have ever known.it doesnt matter if the person used to bring him down is also corrupt.after all,fate works mysteriously.
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by HAH: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
onatisi:

Very interesting politics. So the issue between dino and Yahaya isnt really about ethnicity. There are other factors involved?
People like Dino supported Yahaya in the beginning while the camp of tinubu were anti yahaya because their candidate was faleye audus deputy but along the line and with the supreme court verdict the tinubu camp seems to have mended fence with yahaya at the same time dino fail out with yahaya possible due to ego, the governor want complete loyalty while dino sees him as a new comer and an opportunist and cannot work to his dictates . Now as it is the tinubu camp, the yahaya camp and camp of smart adeyemi the PDP senator Dino defeated in 2015 are all ganged up against dino, a clear case of my enemies enemy is my friend.

But this is politics don't be surprised to see all this men dining tomorrow again, the pathetic one are the foot soldiers that will die or be maimed in their temporary fights

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo celebrates 26th birthday with lovely photo / Policeman, Trying To Shoot John Nani Ex-Delta Commissioner, Kills His Colleague / Nigerian Soldier Subjects Offender To Russian Squat Dance As Punishment (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.