Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East (54316 Views)

My Opinion About The Whole South East Landlocked Noise!! / Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju / Is The geographical "NORTH" More Populated Than The geographical "SOUTH" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Meenaj: 10:04am On Jun 22, 2017

Former Kano State governor, Senator Rabiu Musa kwankwaso (APC, Kano Central) yesterday said Igbo in the North cannot leave the region because of their numerous investments.

He also said the size of the land Igbo presently occupy in the North is more than the entire South East geopolitical zone.

Speaking in an interview on the agitation for secession by Igbo groups and the quit notice by some northern groups, he said none of the millions of Igbo in the North would support breakup of Nigeria.

“Igbo have nowhere to go. They have more assets in the North more than 80 percent or so of what the northerners have in the East. The land Igbo are holding in the North is more than the whole South East,” he said.

Kwankwaso, who chairs the Senate Committee on National Planning and Economic Affairs, said the agitation at both sides does not portray the country in good light among the comity of nations.

He said there was urgent need for all stakeholders in the country to put hands on deck to make peace saying, “The unity and development of the country is key to all other things, therefore we will continue to stand by it. Therefore, I call on all to join hands in ensuring that there is peace. We should use our resources to ensure that nobody raise hands to destroy the unity of the country. Talking of secession is going too far.

“Some people doing it because of their personal interest. I wouldn’t be surprised that the young man (Nnamdi Kanu) will contest for an election in the next general elections. They started agitation to galvanize support and at the end, they would contest for an election.”

Kwankwaso said during his tenure as governor, a layout known as ‘New Enugu’ was carved out in Kano for the Igbo, saying the Igbo are more comfortable there than their states of origin.

On the quit notice by some northern youths, he said the general consensus in the North was that the country is better as one family.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/why-igbos-cannot-leave-north-kwankwaso/202736.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9930254297

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by izospindle(m): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2017
me I kw this govt will handle biafra like it did d Niger delta avengers, boko haram who only know how to do small action and plenty boasting in the media watch and see...something is cooking

My 1st FTC grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by ScotsReferendum: 10:13am On Jun 22, 2017
A land we can abandon for better ones globally under a new nation

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by IgboticGirl(f): 10:14am On Jun 22, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

DAT is Y IGBOS are called developers

even in a desert an Igbo man will make tree to grow their .......is just nature

340 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by ERockson: 10:17am On Jun 22, 2017
Kwankwaso really rubbishes the SE with this statement. So the whole SE is so small that the land igbo occupied in the north is now bigger than the whole SE. What an Insult!

171 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by LionDeLeo: 10:20am On Jun 22, 2017
That is none of our biz.

How many non ibos are allowed to own landed property in the east?

They should leave jor, nonsense.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by hammer6: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2017
Dis one pass Evans the kidnapper.

Oboy see holding to ransom.

Dont Lebanese ownn asset in North?

Must we be Nigeria to keep our asset?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by IgboticGirl(f): 10:22am On Jun 22, 2017
ERockson:
Kwankwaso really rubbishes the SE with this statement. So the SE is soo small that the land igbo occupy in the north is now bigger than than whole SE

u just decided to reason it negatively....but dats is not my business

we dominate every where we go cool cool cool

south korea is just like Niger state ...but is Nigeria more developed dan them ....no

182 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:
That is none of our biz.

How many non ibos are allowed to own landed
property in the east?

did anybody restrict them from owning lands? chief, have you been to the east?

tale a chill pill man,think before you talk

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by LionDeLeo: 10:24am On Jun 22, 2017
CoolSmithz:

Pls pack your things and duck off my mention.

Nonsense.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by IgboticGirl(f): 10:27am On Jun 22, 2017
CoolSmithz:

dont mind those tribalist

is only in igbo land will not see people shouting leave our land bla bla bla

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by LionDeLeo: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2017
hammer6:
Dis one pass Evans the kidnapper.

Oboy see holding to ransom.

Dont Lebanese ownn asset in North?

Must we be Nigeria to keep our asset?

Lebanese and citizens of other countries owning lands in Nigeria are heavily tasked and they don't insult Nigerians.

Now pack your things and leave. If you must own anything in Nigeria, it must be with the approval of the govt and a proper agreement must reached.

You don't insult your host calling them parasites and expect them to continue hosting you.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by IgboticGirl(f): 10:30am On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Pls pack your things and duck off my mention.

Nonsense.

just get lost if u don't want to be quoted

crazy

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by IgboticGirl(f): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

fucck out

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by PDJT: 10:33am On Jun 22, 2017
-Rubbish!

-Apple inc is wealthier than Nigeria. How much land did Steve Jobs and co required to create such enormous wealth?
-Israel produce more milk and food than the whole of Nigeria, with very little landmass.
Abokki is very far away from civilization. Quote me anywhere!

-How about he till that land and feed his millions of almajiri people roaming the streets on empty stomach begging for daily-bread?
-How many Abokkis are living in IDP camps today?
Abeg carry your desert and go!!

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Markfemi2: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2017
ERockson:
Kwankwaso really rubbishes the SE with this statement. So the SE is soo small that the land igbo occupy in the north is now bigger than than whole SE

grin

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Tolexander: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2017
[s]
PDJT:
-Rubbish!

-Apple inc is wealthier than Nigeria. How much land did Steve Jobs and co required to create such enormous wealth?
-Israel produce more milk and food than the whole of Nigeria, with very little landmass.
Abokki is very far away from civilization. Quote me anywhere!

-How about he till that land and feed his millions of almajiri people roaming the streets on empty stomach begging for daily-bread?
-How many Abokkis are living in IDP camps today?
Abeg carry your desert and go!!
[/s]Nonsense!

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by zombieHUNTER: 10:35am On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:
That is none of our biz.

How many non ibos are allowed to own landed property in the east?

Bring money come make i sell for you
I know plots for sale
Just PM... Am serious

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by LionDeLeo: 10:37am On Jun 22, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

Bring money come make i sell for you
I know plots for sale
Just PM... Am serious

Do I sound like one willing to be in potopoto?

Keep it for the deportees. grin

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2017
IgboticGirl:

u just decided to reason it negatively....but dats is not my business

we dominate every where we go cool cool cool
if by 'dominate' you mean wide spread petty trading then no wahala ... what sectors of the economy do you domimate? Banking? Oil&gas? Telecoms? Aviation? Hospitality? Insurance? Real estate (in top cities)? Do your research well and you will see that tje biggest in these sectors are hausas and yorubas...before you argue list all the top reputable firms in these sectors and find out their owners

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by rano1: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2017
Time to stop being politically correct. As a Northerner, I support the Youths. You cannot be in a country with people who espouse bitterness and hate.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by zombieHUNTER: 10:42am On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Lebanese and citizens of other countries owning lands in Nigeria are heavily tasked and they don't insult Nigerians.

Now pack your things and leave. If you must own anything in Nigeria, it must be with the approval of the govt and a proper agreement must reached.

You don't insult your host calling them parasites and expect them to continue hosting you.
For you to use the term host shows we only pay lip service when we say one Nigeria and refer to the constitution

The truth is that we are too diverse to be one country... You have to divide the country first before issuing any threats
Don't expect people to resign their jobs and close their shops then go back to nothing

It's common sense

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by lilytender: 10:43am On Jun 22, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
A land we can abandon for better ones globally under a new nation

So why have you refused to leave even after Northerners asked you to go to your small crime land? Very soon, Yorubas too will ask you to leave South-West and carry your houses and investments in Yoruba land to your Biaffraud land of hard drugs, prostitution, fake drugs, armed robbery, kidnapping and baby factory.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by GworoChewinMaga: 10:44am On Jun 22, 2017
ERockson:
Kwankwaso really rubbishes the SE with this statement. So the whole SE is so small that the land igbo occupy in the north is now bigger than the whole SE

England controlled an empire that covered 1/3 of the earth from their capital in London

The same England isn't even up to 1/2 of Borno state

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by reptile1: 10:46am On Jun 22, 2017
Another useless abok1 on the loose grin grin

Nobody gives a flying fvck about land.

By the way, do sometin about ur homeless kinds in the IDP and stop the lullaby about igbos owing lands. cheesy

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by zombieHUNTER: 10:47am On Jun 22, 2017
MISFITrep:
if by 'dominate' you mean wide spread petty trading then no wahala ... what sectors of the economy do you domimate? Banking? Oil&gas? Telecoms? Aviation? Hospitality? Insurance? Real estate (in top cities)? Do your research well and you will see that tje biggest in these sectors are hausas and yorubas...before you argue list all the top reputable firms in these sectors and find out their owners
Why you dey embarrass yourself like this nah
Are you for real?

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by GworoChewinMaga: 10:48am On Jun 22, 2017
rano1:
Time to stop being politically correct. As a Northerner, I support the Youths. You cannot be in a country with people who espouse bitterness and hate.

Talk say u support confiscation of Igbo properties for the Muslim ummmah

Parasitic leach.

When the Igbos leave the value of the properties will drop to sh1t.

We all know Igbos are the number one inflation drivers when it comes to land and properties.

Once the almajiri move into Sabo Garin and Maittama through revocation act then watch how it all turns to sh1t

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by FKO81(m): 10:48am On Jun 22, 2017
The lunatic can't say such rubbish in Southeast unlike arrogance he displayed to Southwest leaders in Ibadan, the man is so ignorant, no wonder his main legacy in Kano was mass weddings to illit. era. te couples, Igbos 80% investments in North And Anambra and Abia are number 3 & 4 on states that controls 90% of cash transactions in Nigeria and your big for nothing state Kano was below Abia state, thank God for Nigerdelta feeding bottle, no wonder they are backward, when the head is so rotten how will the hindmost part look like With oil money and political power still ranked the poorest zone and heaven for almajiries, imagine when ND oil money cease to flow cheesy cheesy

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by zombieHUNTER: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Do I sound like one willing to be in potopoto?

Keep it for the deportees. grin
I just want you to shoot yourself on the foot and that you have done majestically ...
Don't dare modify your former post

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso: The Land Igbos Are Holding In The North More Than Whole South-East by IgboticGirl(f): 10:58am On Jun 22, 2017
GworoChewinMaga:

England controlled an empire that covered 1/3 of the earth from their capital in London

The same England isn't even up to 1/2 of Borno state

those guys are just too ignonrant

south korea is just like Niger state ...but is Nigeria more developed dan them ....no

39 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

History Beckons As Buhari Sets To Unseat Jonathan - Leadership Newspaper / Tinubu Receives Asari Dokubo, Others At State House / Buhari’s Granddaughters, Hadiza Bello's Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.