Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare (7007 Views)

Rivers Assembly Refuses To Swear In Nyeche / Doctrine Of NECESSITY Will Be Adopted To Swear In WIKE As Governor / Pictures: South East Youths Declare Total Support For President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by honeric01(m): 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2010
Katsumoto:

Igbo does not even exist

It does exist, it was formed by some yorubas just to ridicule anyone that does not speak Yoruba.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Katsumoto: 3:04pm On Jan 28, 2010
honeric01:

It does exist, it was formed by some yorubas just to ridicule anyone that does not speak Yoruba.

Thats what I meant; it is not an acceptable term. Just like Yoruba Yoruba people.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by honeric01(m): 3:06pm On Jan 28, 2010
Katsumoto:

Thats what I meant; it is not an acceptable term. Just like Yoruba Yoruba people.

That also exist, what you should have said is "it's an unofficial word"
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by presido1: 3:07pm On Jan 28, 2010
Demoladoc:

@honeric and katsumoto u dont need to insult me, i only asked a simple question. Its true im ignorant about it thats y i asked anyway.
Any true ibo or igbo or Igbo in the house to simply explain d difference to me.
Are u by any chance becomrich brother?
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Katsumoto: 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2010
honeric01:

That also exist, what you should have said is "it's an unofficial word"

Oh stop being a bloody pedant. grin grin grin grin
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by honeric01(m): 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2010
Katsumoto:

Oh stop being a bloody pedant. grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Demoladoc: 3:29pm On Jan 28, 2010
@honoric or whatever ur name is, its not Yoruba, its yoruba ok? Yoruba doesnt exist.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by honeric01(m): 3:33pm On Jan 28, 2010
Demoladoc:

@honoric or whatever your name is, its not Yoruba, its yoruba ok? Yoruba doesnt exist.

Where did u see me use the word ""Yoruba"?
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Feraz(m): 3:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
@demodaloc, it is igbo not ibo, hebo or Igbo. It is just like spelling "Gbenga" as "Gbenga" not "Benga". Hope dat is ok by u?
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Feraz(m): 3:39pm On Jan 28, 2010
@demodaloc, it is igbo not ibo, hebo or Igbo. It is just like spelling "Gbenga" as "Gbenga" not "Benga". Hope dat is ok by u?
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by asha80(m): 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2010
Demoladoc:

@honoric or whatever your name is, its not Yoruba, its yoruba ok? Yoruba doesnt exist.

Sharaaaaaaaaaap.If there is Igbo then of course there is Yoruba or is Igbo no be so you dey pronounce am
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Katsumoto: 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2010
Demoladoc:

asha 80:

Sharaaaaaaaaaap.If there is Igbo then of course there is Yoruba or is Igbo no be so you dey pronounce am

Hope you catch my drift now. Don't always assume that the other party can not call you names as well. Even if they don't have one, they will make one.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Dede1(m): 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Becomrrich

I often get the thrills out of your irrepressible stupidity. If I may follow your fatally flawed analogy, persons such as Nkem Owoh and those Igbo and Ibibio persons that had last name such as Attah are none Igbo or Ibibio instead Hausa or Yoruba.

The name, UTOMI, is very unique and rear name in Igbo land and had absolutely no roots to Bini.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by One11: 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2010
one 1 are old are you. any igbo old you enough , would tell you that portion of land in delta state is own by benin. with a legal document. Go and find out. if you live in london. britian museum is your first start.

Have you heard the name Pat utomi. how many igbo people are utomi.

Utomi was not given that support by ohaneze, because of history. Nigerian children abroad bear white name, it does not change their root.

under law, if i have the legal document to a place, if you live on it for generation. I am still the own of the land, because you are an immigrate. ok here is it. In oyo state, there is a place call ago fulani. It is a town in oyo state.   The town use to be a small villages where fulani separated themself and lived.

You see in lagos, ibadan and ondo etc, we have the place call sabo.    if you are in lagos. you must have heard of sabo in lagos. who first lived in those places where hausas. is ibadan or lagos yorubaland . it is yorubaland.

now in kano, they have the same system,   i am telling obaigbena people are the omo oni ile. owners of the land. igbo only came to farm. go look for people in that area, they would tell you.

on isaac boro. what i mean is,   stop trying to claim ijaw people by force. Let ijaw people be ijaw, they have thier own mind. this is the problem with nigeria. we try to force thing on others, they now hate us.  

The reason you igbo online are so deperate for the ijaws is because of oil.  look myfriend. forget oil.  make una look comot for that place. we get solution. your people would not loss. take my word for it. we know what we are doing. Just vote for the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa to join benin first.

You dont want nigeria to fall into a war before you save it.
you see we have back up in war, arsenal  emmanuel adebayo is not a NIGERIAN. he is a YORUBAMAN. NOT A NIGERIA.

Can you see the word in togo satellte pictures Agbatope and anago. You can see the size of kano compared to cotonou and lome.

Every time you argue with me I prove you wrong.words of wisdom, never come out unless you're prepared otherwise you'll continue to look and sound dumb,

Why would you use Pat Utomi,who repeatedly says he's Igbo everywhere he goes? Do you know how many people in Anambra have the name Utomi? and Anambra is on the other side, so wut your telling me is Anambra now is owned by Benin Well its not Its Owned by IGBO

Also, since "Utomi" is a benin word or name, since you say its not Igbo im assuming you speak both Benin and Igbo, what is the meaning of "Utomi" in the benin genious?

I bet that you didnt know that Imo and Anambra has connections with the benin kingdom did you?? Being that that is the fact why not include Anabra and Imo in to your Benin/oduduwa republic mess?? You know why u wont its because of your jeslousy and hatred towards the Igbos and oil,

BENIN DOES NOT OWN DELTA IN ANYWAY ESPECIALLY NOT THE IGBO PARTS!!!  tongue

Check and see who helped the white people kill the Benin Empire. OYO Kingdom(Yorubas),  who protected Benin Kingdom men and women when they were fleeing? The Nri Kingdom(Igbos),  so who really is the enemies to the edos,bayelsas,and deltas huhhhhhhh?  shocked
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by otondo55: 4:33pm On Jan 28, 2010
Swear him in now or, shocked
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by akigbemaru: 4:58pm On Jan 28, 2010
Igbos! You have all come again. The same mistakes you made during Biafra. You promised we “Yorubas” that you only wanted to set yourselves ablaze. We “Yorubas” told you it’s okay as long you didn’t drag anybody along with you. But to our surprise, Igbo land from 27,000 square kilometers turned 75, 000 square kilometers. The mistake Yipos made was, they should have only taken Rivers along with all Calabar’s territories. But the greedy nature of Igbos pushed them towards Western region to ajoin more land. If there are Igbos in Delta, Bayelsa and Edo. I bet you they will all swim back as they have swum forth in the first place. They are more Igbos in Lagos than combined Delta, Bayelsa and Edo, why didn’t claim Lagos too. Anyway, some the like of Onlytraitor, Dede1 and Asho80 have now claiming Lagos.

As far as Igbos only stand on 27,000 square kilometers now problem with me. Lol, in Chinese when Ojukwu deployed his Jagbajantis soldiers to invade Western Region, a region with lion’s heart when it comes to war, who knows if we didn’t have warriors, Igbos who have taken possession of our land. Because, history tells us that the same tactics work for Roman Empire, USA AGAINST Mexico and other colonists.
Now, Igbos claim we are coward because they betrayed us by sending their Biafailed soldiers to invade the peaceful people, and we put them on checked now we are coward? Y’all gotta be kidding me.
Honestly, Ijaws really wanted to part with Igbos, but Biafran war really revealed Igbos greedy intention to both Ijaws, Efik and Ibibio and they have all vowed not to part with anything Igbos in their life again.
It amazes me when some Igbos claim Calabar and Benin as their cousins. What kind of play do lions have with dogs. Calling them your cousins is just shibboleth, that belies your ulterior motive
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Guylan(m): 5:09pm On Jan 28, 2010
akigbemaru:

Igbos! You have all come again. The same mistakes you made during Biafra. You promised we “Yorubas” that you only wanted to set yourselves ablaze. We “Yorubas” told you it’s okay as long you didn’t drag anybody along with you. But to our surprise, Igbo land from 27,000 square kilometers turned 75, 000 square kilometers. The mistake Yipos made was, they should have only taken Rivers along with all Calabar’s territories. But the greedy nature of Igbos pushed them towards Western region to ajoin more land. If there are Igbos in Delta, Bayelsa and Edo. I bet you they will all swim back as they have swum forth in the first place. They are more Igbos in Lagos than combined Delta, Bayelsa and Edo, why didn’t claim Lagos too. Anyway, some the like of Onlytraitor, Dede1 and Asho80 have now claiming Lagos.

As far as Igbos only stand on 27,000 square kilometers now problem with me. Lol, in Chinese when Ojukwu deployed his Jagbajantis soldiers to invade Western Region, a region with lion’s heart when it comes to war, who knows if we didn’t have warriors, Igbos who have taken possession of our land. Because, history tells us that the same tactics work for Roman Empire, USA AGAINST Mexico and other colonists.
Now, Igbos claim we are coward because they betrayed us by sending their Biafailed soldiers to invade the peaceful people, and we put them on checked now we are coward? Y’all gotta be kidding me.
Honestly, Ijaws really wanted to part with Igbos, but Biafran war really revealed Igbos greedy intention to both Ijaws, Efik and Ibibio and they have all vowed not to part with anything Igbos in their life again.
It amazes me when some Igbos claim Calabar and Benin as their cousins. What kind of play do lions have with dogs. Calling them your cousins is just shibboleth, that belies your ulterior motive

A lot of hatred for the igbos, yet we call ourselves Nigerians. Na waaao!
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Katsumoto: 5:09pm On Jan 28, 2010
akigbemaru:

Akigbemaru, Akigbemaru, Akigbemaru
Eyonmi, kilode. O she like wahala ba yi? Ba wo ni ele yi to so ni sin she kon oro to wa ni le? Ye fa wahala now.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Katsumoto: 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2010
Guylan:

A lot of hatred for the igbos, yet we call ourselves Nigerians. Na waaao!

Its not a lot of hatred; he is one man/woman.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by chelseabmw(m): 5:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
Nigeria for life, where is our presidient?
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by akigbemaru: 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2010
Katsumoto:

Akigbemaru, Akigbemaru, Akigbemaru
Eyonmi, kilode. O she like wahala ba yi? Ba wo ni ele yi to so ni sin she kon oro to wa ni le? Ye fa wahala now.

Katsumoto,
Yoruba ni ti aba ma je oshaka ki aje oshaka tabi ti aba ma je oshoko ki aje oshoko, oshaka-shoko lawa ko fe. So, therefore, ibos are trying to be Oshaka-oshoko, which is what I don't like. You "Katsumoto" has been too lenient to ibos which is unfair. Anyway, they don't appreciate you either. They go on YOUTUBE calling theirselves Jews of Africa, that is the reason all other tribes in Nigeria want to exterminate them. We "Yorubas" are not Jews, we glad for whom we are.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by youngmonie: 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2010
Action speakss louderr dan wordss, make dem bomb SHELL ND CHEVRON, in 24hrss Jonathan will be d president of this great country grin grin
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by alanbolo(m): 9:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
Thx for d piece of advice. Akigbemaru, iwo ti mo omo eniti iwo nse; fi awon t'oku sile ki wan ma gbe-mu.

The greatness of our Country is d diversity of our people and culture. If we can manage it well to avoid the sectionalism, it will only be good 4 us and the coming generations, but, where to start if not from us with the power of information at our hands Let's control our vulgarity at each other personality / tribes.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by WilyWily5: 12:32am On Jan 29, 2010
akigbemaru:

You are a Complete Amala Idiot. Foolish Monkey that don't know what to say.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Beaf: 12:54am On Jan 29, 2010
akigbemaru:

Katsumoto,
Yoruba ni ti aba ma je oshaka ki aje oshaka tabi ti aba ma je oshoko ki aje oshoko, oshaka-shoko lawa ko fe. So, therefore, ibos are trying to be Oshaka-oshoko, which is what I don't like. You "Katsumoto" has been too lenient to ibos which is unfair. Anyway, they don't appreciate you either. They go on YOUTUBE calling theirselves Jews of Africa, that is the reason all other tribes in Nigeria want to exterminate them. We "Yorubas" are not Jews, we glad for whom we are.

This akigbemaru has always been such a bushman, but what do you expect from an unrefined native doctor?
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by mohid(m): 11:45pm On Jan 29, 2010
crazy and silly as the conversations on this topic seem to be, they open up our eyes to see the divisions that exist between us as Nigerians. Members of nairaland are usually young people of the post-Biafran era and that the issue of splitting this entity called Nigeria is hugely contemplated among them is a wake-up call to all our leaders that have continued to rob us blind all these years. Its appalling that 50years into our existence this sort of divisions exist, but the beauty of it all is this, we are not in 1963 where the weapons are barrels and mortars ,rather, we are in an age where blogs and forums like this allow people to share ideas discuss their views and even vent frustrations openly.
let us not stop talking about it, let us not pretend these issues do not exist, they define the very fabric of our society which is rather unfortunate, a quota system that sees individuals attain positions or get opportunities simply because they are from "educational less developed states" and yet they still keep most of their young ones on the street as beggars and keep them away from schools thereby maintaining the status quo.
A system that eats even into our national football teams, that at every time it is expected that certain regions must have their own on the team at all times, irrespective of their abilities, is definitely one that has run its course.
change is coming to Nigeria, Barack Obama's message of change did not start on the corridors of Washington, it started on blogs and discussion forums like this until it generated momentum and became too overwhelming for the anti-change pundits to handle. Nigeria cannot remain like this and those that have refused to change will have to give way in a Twitter and Facebook generation
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by ayo84(m): 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2010
it's either the niger delta in power or no oil,if anything happens to goodluck, the niger delta will definately react
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:54am On Jan 03, 2011
Dede1: One of the Obas in Oguiso(sp) dynasty stated that one of the worse decisions he ever made was engage in territorial expansion toward south-east. It was alleged that the series of defeats the so-called Benin Empire received from Igbo warriors forced the Oba to look south-westward for his fancy.

lol, source?

One 1:

I bet that you didnt know that Imo. . . .has connections with the benin kingdom did you??

source?

Check and see who helped the white people kill the Benin Empire. OYO Kingdom(Yorubas), 

lol, source?

who protected Benin Kingdom men and women when they were fleeing? The Nri Kingdom(Igbos), 

lol, source?

@becomerich aka Musiwa aka wakima

Utomi is not a Benin name. That is Igbo

The only thing that comes close is the Bini name Utomwen, which means "long life." Don't know what Utomi means in Igbo.
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Nsiman(m): 1:58pm On Jan 03, 2011
Good
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by Nsiman(m): 1:58pm On Jan 03, 2011
Good
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by johndoe200: 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2011
ayo84:

it's either the niger delta in power or no oil,if anything happens to goodluck, the niger delta will definately react

True word!!!!
Re: Swear-in Jonathan Or Leave Our Oil, Ijaw Youths Declare by londoner: 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2011
Lol, you forgot that companies have bought the oil blocks fair and square.

Lets see, the oil in your area will mean nothing to you when the oil companies leave because of your violence. Who will you sell it to? How will you refine it for your own use, or to sell to others? You seem to forget that in your foolish claims.

You are indeed youths, and the next ones up to bat to steal the Nigerian vote away from Nigerians.

If you wanted Nigerians to vote for someone from the Niger delta you should have fielded a better calabre of candidate than Jonathan, he is obviously way out of his depth as president imo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo People Prostrate And Apologised To Deji Of Akure-picture Inside / Marginalization Of Hausa/northerners Must Stop In Nigerian Football (picture). / Picture Of Rotimi Ameachi That Got People Talking (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.